All Comments on 'Farmgirl Ch. 01'

by submissivewendy

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighabout 4 years ago
Cider with Ros(i)e

Banana-flavoured mead? Yukkk! That apart, a really charming short story, very Laurie Lee in its telling. This is the first chapter but the tale could stand nicely as a one-off. Hopefully, though, you will be able to get some real mileage out of Carol and Rose. One small tip: if you compare the looks of a character with a celebrity or similar, I suggest you make it someone internationally known---I doubt whether many of your US or other overseas readers will know who Pam Ayres is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Some people think

the world has had enough of silly love stories...... I'm not one of them. A really sweet tale of a lesbian debutante. The only sad part is that it's 2020 and in some people's eyes, another persons sexual preference is still an issue.

submissivewendysubmissivewendyabout 4 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thank you for your kind comments and helpful advice.

Working on Chapter 2 at the moment when I've sorted out some plot issues. My muse is rather unpredictable and I have to write when she feels creative!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Relatable

I'm a farmer and a lesbian who is strappy but also a bit on the round side.... so I find this very relatable and real. I didn't come out to anyone until I was 23yo but my parents too were supportive and adore my girlfriend who we just celebrated our 4rth anniversary.

submissivewendysubmissivewendyabout 4 years agoAuthor

I'm a farmer and a lesbian who is strappy but also a bit on the round side.... so I find this very relatable and real. I didn't come out to anyone until I was 23yo but my parents too were supportive and adore my girlfriend who we just celebrated our 4rth anniversary.

Thank you for your comment and I'm so glad you could relate to my story. Also wonderful to hear your coming out was supported by your parents and so happy to hear you and your girlfriend celebrating your 4th anniversary, much appreciate you sharing that. Hope you both have a wonderful life together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I am so happy for Rose and Carole. I wanted her to find her girl, and she did.

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 2 years ago

Only one tiny criticism really.

The use of "Wendy" threw me for a second, then I remembered the authors name ......... one to watch out for in the future :)

That apart, a really great start to what is a story with great potential, and one which I hope you continue with.

Great to see a story where the main characters do not have the "ideal" figures!

What is ideal for one mind is "meh" for another, so I am glad to see you have chosen to have realistic people in your story :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersubmissivewendy@submissivewendy
Think I've got this virus thing. Only mild symptoms but totally washed out, haven't been able to write for a few weeks now. Hope to be penning again as soon as possible, no idea when though. Life....