Fate of a Dynasty

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Does he think this usurper wont wage war if he is not here to defend his people?

Queen Brianna had ordered him to bring her brother home, knowing full well that the consequences would be the relinquishment of her throne. Julius had long thought that Lucifer was the rightful heir to the Dominican throne, but he had never wanted it. He had said from a young age that his destiny would be fulfilled adventuring around the world, not stuck glued to a jeweled chair with little freedom outside his own country. That was something Lucifer had always told Julius, 'one day my sister will rule these lands, and I will need you here to protect her, brother'. If Julius had thought it might happen, he might well have chained Lucifer to a big rock using the strongest metal he could find. Waking up a year prior to the news that Lucifer had in fact disappeared had caused quite the drama, one that himself and Queen Brianna had struggled at first to control. Luckily for them, Brianna was worshipped among her people, so the tradition that only a king can sit on the throne of Dominica had been easier to manage than Julius originally thought.

"Fioro, some wine and parchment. Once you have brought these, ready my horse, I have much to do."

"Yes, Warlord Azazel, at once." Fioro responded, appearing from the corner of the room, forever waiting for his next command.

Sitting in front of his fresh parchment, Julius took a sip of his fruity wine and began to construct two letters. The first would go to the commanding Lord of the elite Dominican warriors, Lord Jeremy Arthel, a brutish man with more experience in the art of tracking and war than almost everyone within the country.

'Dear Lord Arthel,

A matter of urgent need has been brought to my attention; I require the finest men Dominica has to offer. Report to me at once.

Sincerely,

Warlord Julius Azazel'

The first letter was sealed and handed to Fioro who had returned, presumably from preparing Julius' horse for travel. The second letter was to be sent to Queen Brianna.

'Your Highness,

I write to you only to update you with proceedings in regard to our recent discussion. I have organized some of our finest warriors to aid in the search, further updates shall follow as and when received.

Yours faithfully, as always,

Julius Azazel'

Sitting back on his chair Julius sighed, he knew that finding Lucifer would prove hard even for the best trackers he had available. He only hoped they could find him and bring him home before the usurper marched his forces from where they were pinned in the south. It was not war he feared, he knew he had the superior numbers, better trained troops and the fertile land capable of nourishing his army. If he could save thousands of lives however, he would. How ironic it was, the Warlord of the most powerful country in the known world, trying his absolute best to avoid war. Julius let himself chuckle at the thought.

Peace for now, at least.

Emperor Augustus Redmaine

The noise coming from the emperor's bedchamber was a mixture of smashed glass, female shrieks, and booming laughter. Known to be completely crazy, the emperor's reputation was justified. He would as easily play a practical prank and laugh until his belly hurt as sever a person's head from their shoulders for disobeying an order. It made the man incredibly difficult to predict, and almost impossible to negotiate with. It was his way or the noose, as he liked to remind everyone regularly.

"FETCH ME MORE WINE AND WHORES, AT LEAST FIVE WHORES!" Bellowed Augustus to the royal servant he had just thrown across his bedchamber.

"Y-yes y-your excellency" The young servant boy stammered, lifting himself up from the floor before scurrying from the room.

"HAHAHAHA AND DON'T FORGET MORE WINE OR I SHALL FEED YOUR LITTLE COCK TO YOU LIKE A PORK SAUSAGE!" Augustus yelled at the servant as he disappeared through the door. "Now, where were we?" he grinned, re-focusing his vision on a blonde-haired whore led on her stomach, tied down in the shape of an X on his bed.

"Ah yes, now I remember." he said with a wicked smile. "I was just about to punish you for speaking out of turn."

Augustus Redmaine brought down the paddle in his hand which landed on the blonde whores rear with an almighty slap, drawing a soft whimper. "Tell me to do it again." Augustus commanded.

"Spank me again, your excellency." she said.

Whack

"Please, again."

Whack

Fifteen swings later and the blonde whores rounded backside was now a shiny red, and her moans had turned into those of pain rather than pleasure.

"I have a surprise for you." Augustus teased her, as if she was the luckiest whore in all of Athenia.

The blonde whore remained silent, whether in fear or apprehension it was hard for Augustus to tell, not that he cared. "You will call me Daddy from now on, is that clear?"

"Yes, Daddy." She replied.

"Perfect, my treat for you tonight my little whore, is one you will likely not forget. Ah, just on time." Augustus proclaimed happily as his five requested whores entered his chamber, all carrying a jug of wine.

"YOU!" Augustus growled at a short, brunette whore who was third in line. "Take off that robe and bury that insolent bitches face in your cunt." he demanded.

Without question or hesitation, the short woman withdrew her robe, revealing two perky breasts and a clean-shaven slit. She walked over to the bed in her nakedness and climbed in front of the blonde whore, opening her legs and positioning herself so the blonde-haired whores mouth was firmly attached to her opening.

"Now, YOU." Augustus growled at a tanned, exotic looking slave. "Go and sit that little rosebud on her face." he said with a lustful grin.

The exotic slave did as commanded and made her way over to the bed before climbing over the two, currently entangled on the bedsheets, and lowered herself down onto the mouth of the brunette, letting out a subtle moan as the awaiting tongue contacted her skin.

Augustus marveled at his power, demanding his slaves fuck each other was something he'd always thrived off. With the whole country and all its allies at his disposal he was the most powerful man in the central kingdoms, and they would all be crazy if they thought he wouldn't abuse that power. "Now," he smiled, looking over at the remaining slaves, "two of you on the left strip your clothes off and come here on your knees." He watched two of the remaining 3 women crawl over on their hands and knees. The older whore who must have been into her 50th decade wasted no time, taking his bulging cock in her mouth and sucking him passionately.

"Oh yes." Augustus groaned. "You are a beauty for a woman your age, if you keep working on my cock like that, I may have to keep you around for a while."

Augustus stood as he watched the co-joined women on the bed writhing in pleasure, each of their mouths drenched in the liquids of the next. He imagined his cock filling their soaked pussy one after the next as he enjoyed the sensation of a soft tongue swirl around the head of his manhood. The second woman at his knees had begun to softly suck his testicles, sending shivers down the giant man's spine.

"Both of you on the bed, I am going to show that little whore what happens to those who don't do as I say" he spat, his evil eyes narrowing as he walked across to the tied down blonde with bright red ass cheeks.

As the drop of spit broke free from his mouth and landed in the crevice between her cheeks Augustus grinned, it was time for her punishment to begin.

Lucifer

The last week of Lucifer's life has been considerably less violent than those prior, it was a strange feeling to once again be travelling away from trouble; he was far more used to running directly at it. What's more, he had gained new friends and believed he had grown as a person because of it. Being on the road did not bother him, it was something he preferred to the fancy buildings and servants he was used to. Why should a man who is capable of travelling to every corner of the world live such a limited life. People would dream of living the life he was encouraged towards, his sister being one of them. Was it so bad to let someone take the throne who would genuinely enjoy it, he certainly didn't think so.

"You have your mind on something?" Isabella asked, snapping Lucifer from his daydream.

"Oh, you know the usual," Lucifer replied, avoiding the question.

"Actually no, I don't. I have seen you kill a dozen men and not look as concerned as you did just now." She teased back. "Come on, those two are out foraging for food and water, you can tell me."

Lucifer studied Isabella's face and found one that was genuine in her pursuit. "Okay, I'll give you a snippet. "He conceded with a sly smile. "I am the rightful king of Dominica; I am doing my best to avoid returning there because I am more than happy for my sister to wear the crown I have never wanted. I came to Athenia in a drunken rage and found myself shackled to Lord Orion."

Isabella took a second to process what she had heard, a clear look of both surprise, shock and confusion on her face. "So... the man I have fought with, killed for... is the rightful king of Dominica, arguably the strongest country in the known world?"

"Take out the word arguably. "He teased. "And yes, that's right. I didn't want to tell you because I left that place to become someone who isn't that. I'd like for you to treat me as you always have."

A smile appeared over Isabella's face. "You think a golden crown can change the fact you're a murderous asshole?" She said, maintaining a straight face for a moment before laughing at his shocked reaction. "I am joking Lucifer! Of course, it doesn't change anything. I would do anything for you with or without a crown."

It was in that moment that Lucifer saw a side to Isabella he had not seen before, one of mental strength. He knew not many people would react so calmly to being told their friend was one of the most powerful people in the known world. If she was struggling to accept it, she was not showing any sign. "You'd always be welcome to live in Dominica Isabella, it is somewhere I can assure you will always be welcome. One letter from me and you will be invited in with open arms."

Isabella seemed to drop into deep thought at the offer, before looking up at Lucifer, her eyes glazed with a delicate sheen. "I don't want to leave you, Lucifer."

"And I don't want you to leave either. " Lucifer replied, wondering if his offer had seemed like more of a dismissal. "I only meant that I know what you have been through, and I would never hold it against you if you now wanted a life of peace, it's really beautiful there."

"I have heard of its beauty, but it is you I am tied to, and you I will stay with." she replied, full of emotion. "You know my feelings for you Lucifer, if we are never to be I would still die for you."

Lucifer looked over the warrior and friend who sat before him, realizing she had just poured out her feelings towards him. He hadn't had time to think about anything other than surviving the arena for so long he realized he had perhaps missed the signals Isabella had shown him. He knew he cared for her, and he would be lying to himself if he didn't admit she was beautiful. Isabella might have looked a little hardy at face value, but what woman wouldn't when they donned a warrior's leather armor, tied their hair back and often had dirt patching over most of their visible skin. Underneath the warrior was a woman, mid-way through her 20th decade, with full lips and kind twinkling eyes. He had looked at her before and thought if she cleaned up a little and didn't look like she was about to challenge you to a duel to the death, she might be one of the most stunning women he had seen.

"I think once we have escaped this wretched country there's a life for us to live together, it won't be easy though, but something tells me that would never stop you. We do have this land that Lord Orion gave me, although I am not sure the offer stands anymore." He said with a hint of humor.

"I would live in a cave with you Lucifer, maybe Orion will let it slide, I was his favorite after all." She teased, shooting him a smile while glancing at him with the corner of her eye.

"Oh really!" Lucifer joked back. "He'd be a fool if you weren't."

Isabella's smile straightened out before she looked at Lucifer with a more serious expression. "And what is the plan for Jardan and Johna?"

Lucifer looked up at the sky in thought. "I have been considering that, I think I will give them the same offer I have given you when the time is right, and if they choose to accept, I will send a letter back home letting them know to expect their arrival. If not, they are welcome to stick with us or go their separate ways, I suppose."

"You know they'd never leave you, just like me, but for different reasons of course." Isabella said with a little wink.

"Something tells me you might be right. I know one thing, if they don't bring back some food we might have to ditch them entirely, I am starving!" Lucifer joked as both laughed heartily.

"Did someone say they're hungry?" Jardan's voice asked, emerging from the trees with Johna, both carrying bags full of food. "And don't be silly Lucifer, you could never ditch us. Yeah, that's right I heard," Jardan joked, dumping a bag of four rabbits in front of him.

"I found plenty of foraging foods." Johna added, dropping his bag. "Mushrooms, berries, tea leaves. This forest is full of food."

"I thank you both." Lucifer said as his stomach rumbled, "but we may have to wait to cook this rabbit, we will need more cover before starting a fire. Let's get moving, once we are a few hours into the forest we can set up for the night, I'll be able to relax that way. I'll never sleep this close to the road."

"Right you are." Jardan exhaled as he sat down, "just give me five minutes."

Lucifer chuckled as he watched his friend's head drop back against the trunk of a tree, clearly exhausted from the last few hours hunting. "You'd think you had never worked a day in your life looking at you."

"Hey, it's mentally tiring! I'm fine, just, just give me five minutes!" He laughed, letting his legs flop out on the ground.

Isabella had been sitting with her eyebrow raised watching him. "Johna is fine, you're just lazy, mr big strong man!" She teased.

That drew a chuckle from Johna. "You can say that again, I basically set up all the traps too, I think all he did was put them in the bag when they'd been caught."

"Wow now, where's all this coming from!" Jardan said light-heartedly. "Never heard anything like this when I was dripping in sweat and covered in blood after saving your asses that time against the big ginger giant they sent for us back in the arena, Isabella!"

"And I paid you back for that one the next event when you almost got skewered by that tiny little man's spear!" Isabella laughed, barely containing herself as the others burst into laughter.

"Wouldn't be the first time he's been poked by a little man's spear would it, Jardan?" Lucifer added between breaths of laughter.

"You can all go to hell!" Jardan announced to the three of them in a last-ditch attempt to salvage himself.

Lucifer held his stomach which hurt from laughter. "I don't imagine I will end up anywhere else, my friend."

"Then I shall be waiting for you at the other side of the crossing. But who will sail the 'the boat man' across, I wonder?" Jardan asked, playing on Lucifer's new name.

"Whoever has the spine to dare try!" Lucifer joked back.

"Ok your five minutes are up! I think it's time we get moving. I am hungry beyond belief, it will be so nice to eat some fresh food, that slop we have been eating for an age has almost destroyed my pallet!" Isabella moaned, frustrated at the noises coming from her stomach.

Lucifer stood up, packing away the small bits he had with him. "You're right let's get the little we have packed up. Walk on foot now, the horses will struggle a little in this forest, but I plan on using them as a bargaining tool to get us on a ship."

The journey further into the forest was slow going, often requiring them to divert around their trajected path to avoid areas the horses could not travel through. The forest was almost magical, with luminous plants seemingly radiating energy. The trees creaked and groaned, almost in communication with one another. It had long been told that these woods were alive in spirit, aiding those who sought shelter within its green ocean. So far nature had been kind to them, nothing untoward revealing itself as one might expect from the stories told. Lucifer had enjoyed every second since they had first reached the forest. The crunch of the forest floor beneath his feet, the vibrant green colors mixed with the tantalizing array of multicolored foliage stimulating his senses, and most of all the smell, fresh air filling his lungs, a welcome addition having spent so long kept within the muggy accommodation that more often than not smelt of sweat and death. It was good to be free.

An hour or so into their travel the forest floor showed signs of life, a large, cleared patch of unearthed soil in patches sporting all different types of vegetables, some of which had barely sprouted while others seemingly ripe for the picking. "Oh wow, to think we wasted all of that time foraging when this has been waiting for us." Jardan said surprisingly, kneeling for a better look at one of the cabbages close by.

"This belongs to someone, and I will not become a thief upon my first day of freedom. Let us see who owns these crops." Lucifer replied, his eyes darting in all directions.

"I think I might have found the answer to that." Isabella called from the other side of a tree a small distance to the right of the crops.

Lucifer walked to where her voice had come from, rounding the thick trunk of a nearby tree. A small, wooden, moss-covered shack sat within the forest. It blended incredibly well with its surroundings, appearing to be a part of the forest itself. Smoke rose from the make-shift chimney above the shack while the smell of hot food wafted into his nostrils, indicating someone was home and cooking food. "Let's be careful about this, we don't want to cause any unnecessary problems for whoever lives here."

"Hello!" Lucifer called, "we are peaceful travelers, reveal yourself."

A moment passed with nothing, making Lucifer think whoever was inside was either deaf or choosing to ignore them, but just before he took a step closer to the shack, the little rustic wooden door opened ever so slightly, a frail looking hand appeared gripping the edge of the door. "I felt your presence from a mile away, what is it you want, Lucifer, King of Dominica?"

Isabella glanced towards Johna and Jardan who were both sporting the same confused look towards each other. "You don't look surprised, Isabella... you knew?" Johna asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Nothing gets past you, does it Johna?" Isabella nervously replied, looking towards Lucifer for support.

"It's true," Lucifer spoke honestly, looking at his two friends in turn. "We have much to discuss, I was hoping to reveal this on my own terms, so I thank you for that stranger!" Lucifer said, emphasizing the thank you before turning back towards the shack.

"But now you have my attention, old woman. Reveal yourself and explain to me how you know such things," Lucifer spoke confidently, a little defensive if anything.

"What kind of seer would I be if I rejected the request of a king, inside please. And don't forget that rabbit," The old woman nodded towards the sack Jardan held.