Fate of a Dynasty

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How in the hell?" Jardan said out loud, clearly confused.

"She is a seer Jardan," Lucifer explained, "I thought they had been long since removed from these lands. A witch, you might better recognize, however I have never liked that term. It is incorrect and somewhat insulting to the abilities a seer possesses. I knew one growing up in Dominica before she sailed West and never returned. There were rumors she was tied to brick weights and thrown into a river, the result of a young man's ignorance after stumbling across her brewing a healing remedy."

"Shit, it doesn't sound like they are well thought of," Johna said, a little surprised.

"For the most part they aren't. Humans do not like those that are different, they play it down to them being proud, but really it is nothing but fear that guides their hate. Which is why we must be careful, and respect this woman's boundaries, she will likely not be expecting pleasantries from us."

Isabella was clearly on the side of the old seer. "Let's go inside and give her some company, we can share our rabbit as a show of good faith."

"I am not sure we have a choice based on the demands she gave to Jardan," Lucifer chuckled. "Let's head inside, I have many questions for this seer."

*****

The rabbit vegetable soul bubbled away over the crackling fire as the five of them sat at a small, worn wooden table inside the forest shack. The inside was what you would expect from such a mysterious dwelling. Random objects such as chickens' feet and bird feathers hung from the ceiling. Circular woven ornaments were dotted around the walls, reminding Lucifer of the dreamcatchers he had once known back in Dominica. Glass jars filled with different herbs and spices filled the odd shelf, a curtain draped across one corner of the room, which Lucifer assumed contained a bed where the seer would sleep. A wooden cup was placed before each of them.

"Ah ah! Hang on one moment before you drink," the seer swatted Jardan's reaching arm away from his cup, inciting a giggle from Isabella and a frown from Jardan in return.

The seer momentarily turned her back before returning with a pouch of herbs, sprinkling a small amount in each cup. "Not to worry, it's a muscle relaxant, nothing untoward," the seer spoke gently without anyone asking, knowing what they were all thinking.

"You have our thanks, but I must insist... how do you know about me?" Lucifer asked, having taken a sip of the hot drink before him, hoping it would be a show of good faith.

"Well, where do I begin..." the seer replied, exhaling in the way elderly folk do when doing something requiring effort. "I have dwelled within these woods for the best part of 5 decades, I am at one with the forest, and the forest with me. I felt your presence when you entered through the mountain gap," she explained, taking a sip of her own tea, "I may not have big muscles like yourselves," she nodded at them, "but the herb does work wonders," she said, taking another sip.

"So, you have some communication with the forest, how does that tell you who I am, or should I say, who I was supposed to be?"

"It is not a question with an easy answer, Lucifer. You see the trees and plants, flowers and wildlife are alive but do not see, breathe but do not speak. I merely see them through my mind in a different way. I have lived here for a long time, Lucifer, and yet, I have never been alone."

"That still does not answer my question," Lucifer replied, feeling like she was avoiding the answer.

"Lucifer, have some patience," Isabella asked, clearly unhappy with the bluntness of Lucifer's response.

"Marvelous my dear, perhaps I should convince you to stick around," she eyed Isabella with kind eyes, earning a smile in return.

The seer turned to look at Lucifer. "You are probably right though; I do owe you an explanation. It is not an easy one however, some struggle to accept it. These woods are as alive as you and me, not individually but as one whole being. If a tree is chopped down, the entire forest feels pain. They can... sense those who wander through. There is a certain energy that fills the air of a human with stature such as yourself."

"So, it has nothing to do with any sort of magical power you possess, it's the forest communicating to you."

The seer raised her eyebrows, "Most folk would take them as one in the same."

"I am not most folk," Lucifer replied confidently.

"That I am well aware of, young man."

"So, tell me what else you know."

"I know you are running, the aroma emitting from you stinks of shame, but there is an honorable heart within you Lucifer, I think you will play an important role in the wars to come."

"Wars?" Lucifer looked puzzled, "so you can see the future now too?"

"Not so much see the future, but I can see and feel the same things I have felt before every war throughout this forests' existence, which is a long time mind you."

"The forest can feel when a war is brewing. I am planning on travelling a long distance from this place, I think your forest has misguided you."

"It is more so a feeling than a prediction. You are of course welcome to run, it is not fate that draws you to your destiny, Lucifer. It is the feeling in your heart and in your mind, you are not wired up to hide away in solitude. That I know for certain."

"And of the war, what makes you or the forest so confident?" Lucifer asked with genuine intrigue, unsure of how an old woman in the woods could know of such things.

"The emperor of the central kingdoms is as idiotic as he is bloodthirsty, his greed for power and lack of wisdom can only ever lead to one thing: War. And where might be the only place that would be worth invading, seeing as he essentially has the power over everywhere else within the known world?"

Lucifer could see the sense in what she was saying, and replied in only a single word, "Dominica."

"Correct, Lucifer. And who is the rightful king of Dominica?" She asked with a smile.

"I am." A bland response.

"Precisely, and tell me, the man who is currently waging war throughout your lands, Mr Clement, who is he known to be affiliated with?"

"The emperor," Lucifer replied, starting to piece together what the old seer was suggesting.

"So, it appears not so complicated after all. I think the path before you is clear, if only you stop hiding from it."

Isabella had been listening intently throughout the whole conversation, "Lucifer, if that is your destiny, I will follow you to the gates of hell and back, we all will." She glanced towards each of the two men sitting beside her, receiving a unanimous agreement from them.

"I have spent half of my life escaping that fate, Isabella. I love all three of you, but I would never drag you into something of such magnitude, I think it best for us to simply disappear and leave the world to its own problems."

"Sometimes you can be so blind, Lucifer," Isabella said, firing a frustrated look in his direction, "can you not see your importance?"

"The young lady is correct, Lucifer, some things are best not left ignored. Sometimes fate smiles down on you, and all you can do is accept what it is and smile back."

Silence filled the room, leaving time for Lucifer to process what he had been told, he knew he could not leave his beloved sister in danger, nor the millions who populated his homeland. His plans to live a life of peace felt like they were slipping from his grasp. Would he have maintained his plans if he had not come across the forest shack? Was it fate that he found himself here, dragging him back to the path that had already been paved for him, and if so, what was at the end of the path he was apparently destined to take? He had a feeling it would not be the old age that he so desired.

His thoughts were interrupted as the old seer climbed up from the table with some effort, "Smells like our soup is ready, would you be so kind as you slice some bread for us, young man?" She asked, looking towards Johna.

"Of course, right away," He responded in typical straight to the point Johna fashion.

The five of them enjoyed what was their first fresh, hot meal in what seemed like forever. Lucifer had watched Jardan hoover his first bowl full within seconds before guiltily asking for more, which he was now taking a little more time with. It was hardly surprising, he was significantly larger than most men you would ever come across, with arms and legs as solid as tree trunks. A man of his size must be hungry constantly, with it being nigh on impossible for him to eat the same amount as the others and be equally fulfilled.

Lucifer took the last mouthful of his soaked bread and thanked the old seer, "One last request before we depart, are you able to direct us the fastest way to Port Dun'Loch?"

The seer eyed him momentarily before reaching over to a shelf for a piece of parchment, "You are here," she drew and X slightly off from the center of the parchment, "you need to travel directly West until you hit the coastline, from there, travel directly south and you will eventually see the port in the distance, from there you can't go wrong."

"And this is the fastest way?" Lucifer asked, wondering why it might not be worth traveling with the cover of the forest above.

"For sure, anyone who may or may not be pursuing you would not think to travel right the way through to the coast, for in their mind all they would find is an endless ocean."

Lucifer had to agree with her there, it would certainly be something unexpected and might just be the safest bet, he would be surprised if there wasn't at least a small hunting party out looking to make the arrest. One they got on the boat he was confident Athenia would be left behind for good, he just needed to find out where he was heading from there. "Well, it has been an unexpected pleasure, seer. We thank you for the food and the thought-provoking story, but for now we must leave."

The old seer nodded, apparently understanding his need to leave completely. "It has been a pleasure, King Lucifer. Please, though, call me Edna. We may never cross paths again, but should you think back to our meeting I would like it to be something with a personal touch and not just the old crank in the woods!" Edna teased, the corner of her mouth curling into half a smile.

"Thank you, Edna," Isabella said, "it has genuinely been a pleasure."

"And you my dear, it is not often one meets anyone around here, let alone a woman with such a strong mind, heart and soul," Edna replied, taking Isabella's hand in hers.

"Thank you for the welcome, and amazing food. You can really cook Edna, maybe I will have to return here for more of that soup," Jardan laughed, completely serious.

"You will always be welcome, friends. Goodbye, and may fate be kind to all of you."

Johna, who was never one for a lengthy conversation, left the shack in his usual quiet way to prepare the horses for their travels, while Lucifer, Jardan and Isabella said their last goodbyes.

Lord Orion

Regulus Orion woke from his sleep to the sounds of his office door apparently being hammered to pieces. At least the sun was up, it must have been early morning and admittedly he did have a lot to do.

Just a normal knock would be fine

Pulling on his silk robe and sandals he made his way to find out who it was who had so rudely disrupted what was a wonderful sleep.

"Please tell them if they ever attempt to break our door down again, I will remove their hands," his wife said, still half covered under the bedsheets.

"Oh, fear not my love, they will not knock like this again," He replied, glancing back at the naked half of his wife not covered by the sheets. He never tired of seeing his wife's' full breasts, she had been blessed in that regard.

As the door swung open a breathless servant struggled to regain his breath, "M-my lord," he gasped, "the others, w-with the boat man... gone... all four... of t-them!"

"Catch your breath and explain yourself properly Percius, you have already disturbed my wife!" Lord Orion demanded.

The servant, who had clearly brought this information at great haste, regained his composure before better explaining himself, "The one you set free, the one they called the boat man, he has taken three other gladiators with him, one of the guards was found dead on the outskirts of the complex, a clean wound in his neck clearly causing his death."

"THREE!?" Lord Orion bellowed. Lucifer had betrayed his trust, he had freed the man and let him take Isabella who he knew Lucifer cared for and this was how he was to be repaid for his generosity. Swiping a piece of parchment, he began to construct a letter to the emperor.

"Percuis, take this letter and coin," Lord Orion handed him a small pouch, "travel into the city and alert the emperor, tell him three of his gladiators have deserted the establishment with the aid of another, give him their names, he will know who they are. Tell him I have sent you; he will deal with them however he sees fit."

"At once, my Lord." And with that Percius set off at a sprint back down the main hall from which he came.

How dare he

Lord Orion stormed back into his bedchamber, throwing his sandals across the room before furiously dressing himself for the day ahead, "That insolent swine! I shall have his head on a spike!"

"What's the problem?" Mariana asked while sitting up on the bed, causing her breasts to hang forwards, jiggling as she shifted her position.

"Not even those will cheer me up this morning," Lord Orion complained, looking longingly at his wife's naked form.

"Awh, that saddens me, my love. Just as I was going to remove the other half of the bed sheets," she teased with a coy smile.

"Later. I have too much to do," Lord Orion replied, paying barely any attention before swiftly leaving the room.

Queen Brianna Virdansc

"Don't you think I realize the threat against my people, chancellor. Do you take me for a fool?" Queen Brianna addressed the elderly man.

"Not at all your Majesty," he swiftly replied, "I merely mean to say that this would not be happening if Lucifer sat on the throne, I mean no disrespect. You know the way of Dominica as well as anyone here."

"You are an honest man Archemides, but I advise you to use your words carefully. I may not be the intimidating figure of my brother, but I assure you, I can be just as cruel," Queen Brianna spoke in a direct manner letting him know to take the topic no further, "but for now, he is not here yet, so we must make the preparations to defend our lands, it can't be too difficult, Clement's soldiers must be starving by now."

"I thought the same, my Queen," Julius Azazel added, following on with a serious intent, "until we found information suggesting their army is being supported by Emperor Redmaine from the central kingdoms."

"Emperor Redmaine is helping our enemies?" Queen Brianna asked, puzzled as to why he would risk such a blatant call for war.

"It appears so, your Majesty," one of her council members added, "as you know, it is I who overlooks our trade economy. And as such, I hear much information from out at sea. I received a message this morning detailing an encounter between one of the smaller ships in our navy who claimed they searched an uncharted trading vessel on its way down the coast some ways off land." Seeing the Queen's encouraging expression he continued, "they found keg loads of grain and salted meats, heading in the direction of Clement's camp. We confiscated them of course, and... persuaded the men on board to tell us of their objectives, which soon became clear. Provide aid to Clement's men and test the waters around Dominica."

"That is most troubling," Julius interjected, "I will double the coastal patrols and set up stand-by ships every couple of hundred miles heading towards Athenia. Niko, I want you to prepare our troops for battle," he looked over at a middle-aged man sitting in the middle of the council table, "if this usurper will not stand up and show his hand then we will choke him from land and sea. I will personally remove the man's head."

"At once, Warlord Azazel," Niko replied, a hint of pride in his voice.

"My Queen, please allow me to escort you back to the palace, I feel this meeting has achieved its purpose for today," Julius held out his arm, offering it to the queen to link up.

"I believe you might well be right," Queen Brianna conceded, turning to the council members still sitting around the table, "I trust you can all find your way out," she added while turning to take Julius' extended arm.

The two of them laughed and joked on their way back to the palace, they had always been close, ever since they were younger and Julius used to follow her older brother around the palace grounds, getting up to mischief and having the fun every child should be entitled to. If only life was still as simple, now she had the entire country as her responsibility, and the two men who had always made her feel special were out of bounds for different reasons; Lucifer because she only felt a sibling love for him and Julius, because a relationship between them would never be accepted without one, or both losing their positions. That would tear Dominica down from the inside out, so her feelings towards him had to be kept under wraps. Plus, she had no idea if he felt the same, he had always treated her like a sister, showing no real indication of feeling that way about her.

The life of a Queen was lonely, she had rejected the emperor's proposals several times already to no avail, he would still beg every time they had met. Brianna however knew better, he was not interested in her, and only her crown, no matter how many times he lauded her beauty. Brianna was strikingly beautiful, with delicate features complimenting her tanned skin and wavy blonde hair, a trait that did not run through many families of Dominica.

The stories of how Augustus Redmaine treated the women unfortunate enough to come across him sent shivers down her spine, the only thing that troubled Brianna was that she didn't know if it was fear or excitement at the thought of it. Such things were frowned upon in Dominica, and as such she had led a somewhat boring sex life, only ever having had two experiences and one of which was disastrous with the poor man emptying his load within a few seconds of her taking him in her mouth. He swore it was her unwavering beauty, but something told her that it was a regular occurrence. She could never discard a man on this factor alone, but nor did she want to marry a man with such limited control over theirs and her pleasure.

"You seem a million miles away, Brianna. Is everything okay?" Julius asked the Queen as they arrived at her chamber doors.

"Nothing particularly," she lied, ridding her thoughts of her disastrous sex life, "just the usual, running a country isn't a mentally peaceful thing to do, you know?"

"I get that, if you ever need an ear, you know where to find me," he replied kindly.

"I most definitely do, good day Julius. Go and make your preparations to deal with Clement." Queen Brianna said with a smile. War was not something she found interesting; she was quite happy to leave it to those more enthusiastic.

With the chamber door closing behind her, she bolted the door and made her way towards her ginormous framed wooden bed, shedding her clothing piece by piece. Her silk gown was the first to fall from her shoulders, followed by the remaining bits and pieces.

Glancing towards the mirror Brianna caught a glimpse of her delicate yet curvy body, untouched by the rough hands of a man for the longest time. Her breasts were neither small nor large, and stood proudly on her feminine chest. The sight of herself in the mirror was far gone from what the people of her country saw, which made her wonder, if they were to come across her as she now stood, would they be able to control themselves or would the dimples sitting above her perfectly curved backside prove too much for their self-control. Would they bend her over the bed and fuck her one by one until she collapsed exhausted; The thought of being taken by multiple men aroused her greatly.