All Comments on 'February Really, Really Sucks'

by PKenny5860

Sort by:
  • 256 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Could've been 5 stars but had to lower it down to 4. 1st, punctuation almost throughout. It's part of the reading as much as the words are. But at least the writing's much better than a couple other stories I've read, happy to say.

: Word/ sentence placement. Many times almost having the horse BEHIND the carriage type deal.

: The biggest: Jim's seeing the video of his wife & Marc, then talking to Dee. When the detectives talk to him, he says nothing about it until the later discussions. Linda told Dee that she felt it's Jim lying on the ground but doesn't want to spoil the night with Marc. (Heaven forbid!) But then she's shocked 2-3 minutes later when told he's in the hospital. Makes no sense: can't know he's bleeding & severely injured lying on the frozen ground then be shocked to learn he's hospitalized.

: Just me thinking: at the end, Jim tells Andy he'll buy him a big steak & all the beer he wants as a thank you. What about Andy's partner, Lana? Shouldn't he want to thank her also? Anyway, 4 stars on this overall fine work. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This writing is what happens when the writer tries to tell an extreme revenge story. It becomes so totally unreal and unbelievable (especially to anyone that knows the legal system [a divorce lawyer gets a judge out of bed on a weekend to sign an "order of protection" where there is no proof at that stage that the wife attempted to injure the husband; or temporary order removing the children where the wife has done nothing to injure them, etc]). And then it goes down hill from there. And the idea that a woman could possibly go from being totally in love with her husband to lying to the cops to protect the lover with the husband in the hospital? Not at all believable. The temptation, yes. But the aftermath? Nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Linda and Marc deserved each other, both POS. Too bad they both weren't subjected to a slow, violent death...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the better efforts in this thread

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is one of the best conclusions to this tale. However, the word complacent was used several times when you meant complicit.

Gram1Gram1over 1 year ago

This is the only decent sequel to this story that I've read! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He also texted her told her he told the police that he didn't realize he had hit anyone

He also told police he was at home all night

Which was it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Best of the Feb Sucks liter!

Well done.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlungerover 1 year ago

Justice at last!! Well told tale, the friends? Well through my many decades I've learned that you meet many people, share friendship with quite a lot but in my experience, friends that stick the test of time and who you can count on at all times don't need the fingers of more than one hand. The point is, those friends were utterly disposable, minor players in the tale really.

Thank you, enjoyed your version.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
It seems that one of the most common criticisms…

…coming from the more troll-y commenters here, is there wasn’t enough revenge, especially against Dee and Dave et al. What should really alarm some of the “better” writers (read: less cringy) here is that your trog readers are really looking for not much more than physical and emotional violence toward women.

This can be seen by how poorly this is written, combined with how highly it is scored. Its only qualification is that the MC proceeds to vengeance as soon as he can, even before the night is over, while in a fog of morphine-induced confusion. And the story is ONLY about revenge, and nothing more.

KennyPP has completely missed the entire point of Anderson’s original.

But then, based on having read some of his other “work”, he appears to be little more than an angry idiot.

A lot of that going around.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 1 year ago

Wow, I think Linda in this story was about the worst she's been in any of the FebSucks stories. Not the first time Jim was badly injured but definitely the first time that I know of that Linda knew about it and continued with her Marc lovin'. Her covering for Marc didn't do her any favors either. Pretty decent inclusion to the massive pile of FebSucks stories. If I had a complaint it was how passive Jim was the entire time, though with a good excuse being hit by a car, taking away a bit from the revenge as it was done by others.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Look, the premise of a wife pulling a Feb. Sucks stunt after 10 years of successful marriage is IMPOSSIBLE. No woman behaving normally for ten years would EVER pull such a stunt…that is just not something in the realm of possible. Sure undercover happens every day but out front? Any woman would likely fear for her life….death by deranged husband. And any character like Mark L. Would never do it in plain sight fearing a bullet to his head. All these infidelities do occur but hidden.

So let’s use SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF……so now we ‘say’ it happened. Now this version ……one of just a relative few deals out fair justice. Others ridiculous extreme justice…..but MOST by far find the road to RECONCILIATION. NOW HERE IS THE THING…….my point! With disbelief suspended…….Reconciliation with Linda and Jim has the very same likelihood as an actual real life Feb. Sucks scenario taking place …..zero chance....and I just finished saying Feb. Sucks taking place out in the open would never happen. And that is what is so crazy. LITEROTICA is chuck full of commentators that are ‘heart warmed’ when Jim takes Linda back. They actually live their crazed life under SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF. You would think a person would be reviled by getting into bed at night with such a toxic creature of a spouse. Yet writers like even the creator George Anderson reconcile the pair!!!! I believe writers should only use suspension of disbelief in Sci Fy…..wild stories……not in human relationship stories, lest they influence young people to become completely dysfunctional people. R.H.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Over the top. 4****. I somewhat liked the revenge to Linda and Lavalliere, although Lavalliere's revenge is somewhat misguided. Linda is the one who betrayed her marriage, Lavallier was only a conduit. The one problem I had with this story is that they made the antagonists worse people than they were in the original. I agree they were cheaters and morally bankrumpt. Linda makes me angry. But they aren't killers with ties to the mob. The reviewer just below this response says how impossible this story is. As GA says in his intro, women actually talked about this possibility. I believe GA. I'm not sure how many women would go in front of their husband to be unfaithful but if they believed he wouldn't find out and they got to go spend a night with a celebrity, a large percentage of them would. Finally this author needs to have someone review his stories. Hard to follow, needed more punctuation to decipher what was going on.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayover 1 year ago

Way too unbelievable, this is just a bone thrown to the btb crowd.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of the better versions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The selfish cunt leaves her husband to bleed to death so she can fuck the guy that nearly murders him, and all she gets is 6 months in county? Fuck. That. I'm sorry, but I'd have some personal retribution.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not credible. Way over the top.

dgfergiedgfergie11 months ago

Good take on the original story, I love it when the conspirators hang them selves

oldtwitoldtwit11 months ago

I'v read a very similar story to this on here, written with much more comedy init, but this was ok, bit different than most others, it felt that you changed feelings part way through, it changed the complexities of it.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I liked the “burning of offenders” the best. Certainly a more violent take on the original story. 4*.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I thought the author did a decent job on the story, but I wanted to see more of BTB. Linda getting only 6 months. It should have been 25 years or more. Marc should have suffered more plus his lawyer. To those, like me who read the comments before wasting or investing time into reading a story, this one is still worth reading.

skruff101skruff10111 months ago

Lo and behold another version of the excrement called ‘February Sucks’ but at least this one didn’t suck…too much.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I don't know why authors that rewrite this tale feel the need to add to the betrayal, Linda's disrespect just dancing with another man after promising to only dance with her husband is enough to at bare minimum have a serious talk about their marriage. Add all the other humiliation and disrespect the infidelity, adding anything more is like throwing a stick of dynamite at the crater left by a nuclear explosion. So another bunch of unnecessary events, and a bit much semantic details, and at least it didn't have him taking her back those authors are so sadly deluded it's not even funny.

lAnatomistelAnatomiste9 months ago

Way too many changes in POV, even within one sentence.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story, best finish I’ve read so far!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

One of the better February Sucks spin-offs. However, I thought the wife was given way too lenient punishment. It also seems odd that, while originally a "loving wife", she could so instantly change into a woman that gave priority to getting fucked over her helping her possibly dying husband. Seems unreal! Would have also liked for the police to interrogate the 4 "friends", the give them jail time for hindering an investigation as well as giving false statements.

Buster2UBuster2U9 months ago

Another Great Ending to February Suck, 10 stars for the writer for Great Writing, A Great Plot, A Great Ending, and a Great Effort. My only disagreement is that Linda should have gotten 5 yrs instead of just a few months. Excellent version of this story. Thanks for all the hard work. Buster2U

AllNigherAllNigher9 months ago

I wouldn't call this realistic. But *his* actions seemed reasonable though ... hell of a security system that can zoom into a blowjob in a car likely with tinted windows in the driveway.

Her betrayal in the accident didn't make sense but then again the whole concept has rarely been explained in a way that makes sense. So I guess the additional betrayal is par for the crazy course.

While I liked it, the writing was often difficult to follow. She seemed surprised her husband was in the hospital not being aware anything happened then in the same paragraph admitting she saw someone on the ground then in the same paragraph admitting she realized it was her husband then again admitting the asshole admitted hitting him and said he shouldn't have gotten in the way. Forgetting about the logic of moving forward with the night rather than leaving to help her husband or getting their stories straight, the changes to reality so quickly are jarring.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Probably the best of the February sucks sequels.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c18 months ago

Should be in fantasy. One question

Why kill Jim? He was hit by a car and cannot add much. The case had tons of video evidence, circumstantial evidence and the texts? Killing him would not stop the case.

Not a good story

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Range Rover <-> Land Rover

Andrews <-> Anderson

missing words

Sloppy

Also not really plausible

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat7 months ago

This may be my favorite version so far. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Gave it a 4, would have been a 5 if wife and mob guy got more time. Even turning states evidence, still should have been longer, especially the wife.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

That was a clever retelling of the original story. It was a "new" take and I enjoyed it. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

1*- for not letting this shit story die.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I loved this version, and gave it 5 stars. It seemed to make a lot more sense than the GA original version, as it had an actual ending. Not to mention that rather than beating himself up over whether or not to divorce her and loose the kids, that was taken away by Marc trying to kill him with the Land-Range Rover, and leaving his lifeless body on the sidewalk. From the time she got out of the Land-Range Rover, she knew her life with Jim was done, and her night was screwed up. The cops just added to the problems for Marc, and after Linda got home and talked with Dee, and found out where he was and what happened to him, she rushed to the hospital to see Jim. I did wonder why his dad wasn't still at the house though, even after changing the locks and setting the alarm. Once the cops got involved in Jim's attempted murder, they didn't let go, and as they collected evidence, They built up their case and knew she was lying to protect Marc. Especially so once Jim gave Andy the video from the house, her goose was cooked.

About the only version of this story I liked better was the one with her dad crashing his snow plow truck into Marc's car while it sat in the driveway and it caught fire, then he got tazed by the female cop. That version was funny as hell, and I really loved it.

TajfaTajfa4 months ago

An easy 5 stars for originality and good writing. One small point is that there was no sense in trying to kill Jim as there was already conclusive proof that he was lying.

Personally I enjoy all the sequels to this story. It certainly beats so many stories about husbands wanting others to shag their wives

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x4 months ago

"she had no coat, having abandoned it" - This is the first version that I recall that mentions her coat that would have either been at the table or the coat check when she slipped out the back door.

\

"fucking the guy who left her hapless cuckhold of a husband for dead" - She left him, too, she must have seen him lying on the ground.

\

"The police arrived and confirmed that she was in her own home" - How could they confirm that, since she didn't have her bag?

\

"I later learned that this judge had been cornered on the second tee." - I thought she woke the judge up?

\

"She further asserted that she returned to the room at the Madison" - That should be easy to disprove.

\

"He also texted her told her he told the police that he didn't realize he had hit anyone." - Since he was "home," how COULD he have realized it?

\

"He needed to respect your wishes after you told him!" - She didn't tell him. She should at least have had the guts to go back to the table and tell him.

\

"complacent" - Complicit.

\

"Before they entered room #4" - Linda was in #1, Marc was in #4.

\

"Your wife could've easily gotten off" - Really?

Calico75Calico754 months ago

I've read a bunch of the sequels and enjoyed this one more than some.

orion2bear2orion2bear24 months ago

The orignal version changed the mc who believed in fidelity and had him almost leave with ellen too much of a cgange and reconciling I don't see any man staying with a wife who would betray him so badly he could never trust her

BlueEyd2BlueEyd24 months ago

This was a bit too over the top on an already over the top story. Seriously, she ignores her husband lying there, who was just hit by a car that she was in and rushes off to have more sex, and then lies to cover it up?

LoriRobinsonGaLoriRobinsonGa3 months ago

Part of the story was 3*, part was 5*

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is one of the worst stories I've had the misfortune to read on Lit, the author is borderline inarticulate with no clue how to construct a story, my best advise would be to go back to school.

FantasyTrainFantasyTrain3 months ago

Good story ending. Sluts are lifers, same as cheaters!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I agree with Blueeyd2 she’d have to be a complete sociopath not to stop after they ran him down in the car. It’s a bit over the top.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Wow... Marc Levalier drove a Landrover Defender - who would have gussed. Was his Ferrari in for a service?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Firstly, congratulations on adding to the FS crap. Secondly stop using words when you don't know their meaning. It makes you look stupid. Thirdly the last time I read dialogue like your's was in a primary school assignment. A very poor effort all round. Not only a fail but this deserves a remedial class.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Ooops, forgot to mention that the story line was full of holes including the attempted murder of Jim. Why?

Anyway back to.poimt 1. Bad storyball round

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

On page three. This is very sloppily written, including widespread flipping from third person POV to first person. Also, names are often messed up. Jim or Linda Andrews to Anderson, etc. This is more like a econ draft than a finished product.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

Also, you misuse many words. On example is complacent instead of complicit. A good proofread would catch that.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

Because of all the unforced errors, I have to score this as three stars.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

This was a case for Joe Friday. Just the facts ma'am just the facts.

muddman74muddman7413 days ago

I enjoyed your story, spelling and grammar errors and all. So I gave the story a 5 star rating as it was entertaining. I know that I don't have the imagination or talent to write and I admire you for your talent. What gets me are all the cheese dick Anons that criticize your work but are too chicken to post under a real username here. Why are they criticizing the spelling and occasional misuse of a word since the meaning is still clear and they are reading your story for FREE!!!! Keep up the good work, PKenny5860.

BTW, where are your submissions Anon posting as "JPB NOT BOB"? Oh right, you just post bullshit at legitimate accounts and don't actually produce any content here. I haven't produced any content either, but at least I have a way for the authors to contact me about something I have posted on one of their stories.

26thNC26thNC12 days ago

Again. This is one of the better sequels. Every involved with LaValliere, including Linda, got some jail time. Jim got the house and kids just as he wanted.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPKenny5860@PKenny5860
Enjoy writing for fun and reading stories on Literotica.