February Sucks - a GTO Version

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Just accepting it and moving on was out. No way in hell was I going to touch the cheating slut again. I realized that my love for her had been shifted to hate. Hate is not the opposite of love; it is a relative. You can't really hate someone like this if there are no feelings for them. The opposite of love is indifference. If you don't care, why would you hate. The thing is, when love turns to hate, if you go on long enough and let go of the hatred, it becomes indifference. No, I wouldn't divorce the bitch, but I sure as hell wasn't going to take her back. I was going to do what I needed to do and be there for my kids.

Having made up my mind, I began moving all of my stuff to the spare bedroom. I actually liked the bed in there. I had slept on it a couple of times when one of us had gotten a nasty flu and didn't want to pass it on to the other one. It took a couple of hours to set it up the way I wanted, but I got it done. I should also mention that this room had its own in-suite bathroom as well. It was just like a second Master Bedroom so that guests would be more comfortable while staying with us. That wasn't going to happen anymore, though.

I went over and picked up the kids at about 9:00 AM. Mrs. Porter commented that she wasn't expecting me until later, but I managed to mumble something about waking up early and wanting to get home. The kids asked where their mom was, and I told them that there was something she needed to do this morning.

It was close to 11:00 by the time Linda walked through the door. I looked up from where I sat at the table and saw a Jaguar pull away from the house.

"Jim, it's me," she said as she pulled her key from the lock. "I'm home," she announced, as though spending the night with a lover was a common occurrence for her.

I just looked at her for a minute and went back to reading the newspaper.

"Look, I'm sorry about the way that happened last night," she said. "But I'm here now. And I'm still your wife." I shook my head. She came to me and tried to kiss me on the cheek, but I pushed her away.

"Fine. Go ahead and sulk but get over it. It was just one time, and it was with a sports hero. One and done. I'm your wife, and I am not ever going to do anything like that again. When you decide to get over your little snit, I'll be waiting to make it up to you."

I looked up and finally spoke. "First off, it was supposed to be OUR special night. Last night was for US. Instead, you decided to blow off your husband so you could go fuck someone else ON OUR SPECIAL NIGHT! Do you even realize how humiliated I was? Do you honestly think that there is anything that you could possibly do to make that up to me?"

"But it was just one night, and it was with Marc LaValliere."

"It doesn't matter who it was. One and done. I'm sure that you remember all of our conversations on that."

I then went back to the newspaper. She stood there for another minute before turning and going to her bedroom. She was back a minute later.

"Jim, where are all your clothes?" She asked. I had neglected to close the drawers in the dresser, and she had obviously gone in the closet and seen the empty rack.

"They're in my bedroom, of course. Where else would they be?"

"Fine. If that's how you want to be. Where did you put my suitcase? I need to unpack."

"Your stuff is exactly where you left it. I never touched it. Where did you put it when you came home, or did you leave it in your lover's car?"

It took her a minute to understand what I just said.

"You left my stuff at the hotel?"

"Of course. You left me, so why would I bring your stuff back with me. Besides, I thought that you might want me to leave it there so the two of you could twist the knife a little deeper by using the room that I paid for."

"You're such an asshole. I was planning on putting that new set of underwear on and making things up to you tonight."

"Well, I'm sure that if you hurry, you can still dig them out of the hotel's trash and have them to wear for someone else."

Her eyes got to be the size of dinner plates. "You threw them away? They were brand new and cost over $100. I bought them to wear specially for you!"

"So, I guess it doesn't matter that they have been thrown away then. I have absolutely no interest in ever seeing them. Since you bought them to wear for me, they are of no use anymore. By the way, you might want to hurry up and get to the hotel to claim your belongings. I'm not sure how long they will hold onto them before they throw them away as well." I could see her eyes moisten as she turned to get her purse and walked out the door.

I put my focus into three things; Being the best father I could be to my kids, work, and taking care of myself. Since I stopped caring about Linda, I had lots of spare time. I used that time to good advantage. I threw myself into working out and getting into the best shape of my life. I doted on Emma and Timmy when I got home from work in the evenings. I spent more time locked in my home office working after they went to bed. After that, I went straight to my bedroom for the night. Linda tried to get in a couple of times, but I had put a different lock on the door.

We continued to do things as a family. When we went out, I gently nudged her away whenever she tried to touch me. She would reach for my hand, and I would shake my hand out of hers and step away. I made sure to sit where she was not directly beside me at restaurants. When we would go to Emma and Timmy's school functions, I played the happy husband, except I never touched Linda. She would try to put her arm around me, and I would subtly shift my position to break contact. I learned to hold the glass or cup with a drink in the hand next to her. In conversations, I almost never spoke when she made a comment while I engaged others.

We were living as nothing more than roommates that tolerated each other. At home, I spoke to Linda about the kids and essential household topics. I would be sitting on the couch reading or watching something on TV when she would come in and sit next to me. Without a word, I would get up and move to another chair. This went on for 6-months before she gave me an ultimatum.

"Look, Jim. It's been over 6-months now. You need to get over it and we can move on. I need you. I need you in our bed. I don't want to do this, but if you aren't going to man up and do your husbandly duties to me, I'm going to have to go out and find someone else to take care of my needs."

I looked up at her. She was wearing a black corset with quarter-cup bra, a sheer black thong, Black seamed stockings, and 4-inch stilettos. I have to admit, she looked fantastic. It was an obvious ploy on her part, but I did have to admire her attempt.

I went back to reading my book as I spoke. "Have fun, but don't bring then back to the house. The kids don't need to see you having a strange man in your bed. By the way, I'm sure that whomever you pick up tonight will really like that outfit."

She ran from the room sobbing. I didn't care. By this time, I had moved to indifference about her. She had destroyed my love for her.

She didn't go out that weekend or the next. She spent those two weeks trying her best to get me back in her bed. It got rather annoying. Yes, she did look like sex on a stick, but every time I got even the slightest aroused, the picture of her and Marc 'Asshole' LaValliere in bed together wilted me. There was no possible way for me to ever have sex with her again.

It was a couple of Saturdays later. The kids were already in bed. I was sitting on the couch reading a book when Linda stepped into the room. She was made-up and wearing a tight, body-hugging black dress. It was low-cut, showing some impressive cleavage. The hem was a few inches above her knees. Her legs were encased in black silk stockings, and she had on her 5-inch black pumps. Obviously, this was another ultimatum for me.

"Last chance, Jim. I really love you and want you, but I need something. Either take me upstairs to bed, or I am walking out the door to meet my date."

"Have a good time." I said.

Her head dropped, and I heard a sniffle. A moment later, she straightened back up, turned, and walked out the door. She didn't get back home until 9:00 AM the next morning. She looked like she had been rode hard and put up wet. I didn't say a word as she walked past me and up to her room. I heard the shower running a couple minutes later.

It was the next Friday evening. I came in from work and smelled her cooking dinner. I called out to her as I walked past the kitchen. "Don't bother setting a plate for me. I have a dinner appointment tonight." I heard her startled exclamation as I hurried past.

In my bedroom, I shucked off my work clothes and went into the bathroom. Shaving, showering, and brushing my teeth was done. I added a bit of cologne, then began to get dressed. Linda hadn't seen the effects of my workouts to this point. I had either been in work clothes or somewhat baggy clothes around the house. Tonight, would be a bit different. I wanted to impress. I put on a new pair of Levi's, new western style shirt, and my new cowboy boots. I had bought them earlier in the week just for this occasion.

"Where are you......" Linda started as I walked into the room.

"Sorry. Running just a tad late. Got to go." I replied.

I saw her eyes go big as she finally saw me. The jeans were snug, but not really tight. The shirt was cut to fit, and she could see that my chest and arms were bigger and more muscular as well as the fact that my slight paunch was gone. She was also surprised at what I was wearing. This was a bit of a new look for me.

"Jim. Where are you going dressed like that?"

"Dinner and dancing. The Saddle Tramp has western dancing in the bar on weekends." The Saddle Tramp was an upscale western restaurant with a lounge. On weekends they had a local band playing for dancing.

"But, but, but...."

"Sorry. Got to go pick up my date. Don't wait up."

And out the door I went.

Brenda was a work colleague. We had been friendly since before Linda went bat-shit crazy. She had seen how I was acting and finally got me to tell her what happened. After that, we had been having lunch together a few times a week, and I would update her on the situation. Brenda had divorced her husband a couple of years ago, and she was adamant that she was not interested in a new relationship. She was, however, interested in the occasional night out and possibly 'IN'." After Linda had gone out and gotten laid last weekend, she said something about geese and ganders, then asked if I had ever done any western dancing. Being no fool, I mentioned that it was something that I had always been interested in learning and asked if she might want to teach me Friday night.

She was two years younger than I was and in fantastic shape. That was fairly obvious from her painted on blue-jeans and western shirt that strained to contain her D-cup boobs. Yes, the steak dinner was fantastic. The conversation was titillating. The dancing was energetic. We were molded together for the slow songs. She was a great teacher, and I had a decent understanding of western dancing by the time we left. She was suitably impressed with the work that I had done in the gym. Yes, she wore me out, but the stamina I gained from my workouts let me hold a good account of myself. Both of us were properly satisfied by the time we eventually fell asleep.

Linda was definitely NOT a happy camper at 10:00 the next morning. She was probably not happy before then, but I can't testify to that since I didn't see her until I walked through the door. I can attest to the fact that she was on the warpath as soon as walked through the door, though.

"The kids are at my parent's house for the weekend. We need to talk." She demanded.

"Sure. Let me get changed, and I'll be right back." She didn't really want that to happen, but I really didn't give her much choice. Beings that it was a rather warm day, I decided on shorts and a tee-shirt. She was rather stunned when I walked back into the room. The shirt I was wearing was not overly loose.

"Holy shit! When did you get so buff?"

"Well, I've been going to the gym regularly over the last six months. Now, what do we need to discuss?"

"What the fuck was that all about last night? How dare you go out on a date with another woman and cheat on me like that."

"Oh. You mean like YOU DID last weekend?"

"That's different. I offered it to you, and you turned me down flat. I'm always available to you."

"So, yo9u get to have sex with other guys, but I don't get to have sex with other women?"

"I just told you that you can have me any time you want. You don't need to go out with other women. You, however, refuse to have sex with me. I didn't have any other options."

"Well, there's a slight issue with your explanation. You see, last February 29th, I was all primed, ready, available, and wanting you, but YOU turned ME down and ran off with another guy. Suddenly, now you are being hypocritical by telling me that I'm not allowed to do exactly what you did? At least I was up front about it and didn't humiliate you in front of all of our so-called friends. Now, if you will excuse me, I have some yard work to do."

I spent the rest of the day outside drinking beer and working in the yard and garage. Linda was still pissed. When I came in later in the evening, she was dressed to go out. She told me that she was going to meet Dee and the others at the club. I needed to take care of dinner for myself and she had no idea when she would be home. With that, she left.

OK, then. I threw some leftovers in the microwave, then sat at the table to eat. As I was eating, a rather evil idea came to me. I had purposely hidden my new body from Linda until last night. Our other so-called friends hadn't seen me since that horrible night, so they had no clue about all the work I had done either. Linda had tried to bring them over to the house a couple of times, but I had either refused to let her, or I just left before they came over and didn't return until I was certain that they had gone. I wanted nothing to do with them. Two of them did deserve some vengeance, though. With luck, perhaps the others would learn something as well. With that thought, I quickly finished dinner and began to prepare for the night.

I lucked out and managed to get a room at the Madison. I took my time shaving, showering, and cleaning up. A bit of cologne, nice silk boxer-briefs, my best blue jeans, and a tight polo shirt added to my look. I finished with a pair of anaconda skin cowboy boots. I wasn't an NFL Linebacker, but I was cut pretty good. The polo shirt showed off my muscular chest and biceps as well as my flat stomach. There was even a hint of my sixpack abdomen showing through the shirt. I was ready. If I was shot down, so be it. There were always other women available there.

I had been at the club for about half an hour before they came in. It was the whole gang. Perfect. I played it cool for about an hour. I made sure to dance on the other side of the floor from where they sat. Finally, it was time. They were all shocked when I appeared at their table.

"Dee. I believe that I owe you a dance, since we never got to have one the last time we were all here." I said as I gently pulled her hand up.

It was probably the shock initially, but she didn't resist as I led her to the dance floor. The first song was a fast one. She was looking at me a little strangely and with a bit of apprehension. I did see her eyes flick up and down as she checked me out. Still, I needed to remove the apprehension she felt if my plan was to succeed. Thankfully, Dee wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer -- although she thought she was.

The next song was slow. She began to turn as if to leave, but I pulled her back. "Don't leave yet Dee. We haven't even had a chance to say hello, and it's been a long time since we've seen each other."

She turned back, and I pulled her close. I complemented her on how wonderful she looked, but that was always the case, I added. She smiled and returned the compliment at my improved look. We said a few other things about how long it's been and how everyone missed seeing me. As we were dancing, I subtly pulled her tighter. I made sure that my groin made contact a couple of times. Yes, 'Little' Jimmy was saluting. While I have no illusions about being the biggest there is, I am not exactly small. Having been former friends for quite a while, Linda had previously mentioned Dee complaining about her husband's lack of stature during their wives talks. I knew that I had him beat in that department.

Sure enough, Dee brought up my relationship with Linda. I frowned and said that I was having a really hard time getting over the disrespect and humiliation. We danced two more slow songs as we talked. By the end, we were practically molded together.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" She asked as the last song finished.

"I don't know." I said. "I'm still confused about what happened, and I'm not completely sure that Linda is giving me the whole story. I just wish that I could talk to someone that knows everything so I can verify that she is being honest with me."

"I'll tell you what, why don't I grab my purse and meet you at your table. You can talk to me and I'll verify everything for you."

"OK. I would appreciate that. Perhaps new can even share a couple more dances as well."

Hook, line, and sinker. Dee went back over to the table and explained what was happening. Everyone looked to cheer up as they thought that there was a good chance that Dee could fix our problem. If they only knew.

Two hours and three slow dances later, I made my move. We had been talking and rehashing that night between dances. Dee had yet to resist whenever I had pressed up against her. She had actually began pushing back.

"Dee, I think that I'm ready to leave now. Why don't you come with me and we can continue our discussion over a glass of wine somewhere more private and quieter."

"Uuuummm, I don't know..." She began.

"Come on, Dee. It's me. I'm sure that Dave will be fine with it. After all, it's me, and this is just one night. You're helping two friends get over a bad situation." I pressed.

"OK. Let me go tell Dave what's going on."

"No, that's OK. I'm sure he won't mind. He actually said that to me. You can tell him what happened later."

Dee was a bit surprised when I began leading her down the street instead of to my car. I explained that I didn't want to be home when Linda got there, so I booked a room for the night. She accepted that reasoning and followed me.

We got to the room and had a couple glasses of wine while sitting and talking. I put on some light music and we danced a few more times. I kissed her. While not kissing back, she didn't pull away. I tried again. The third time, she kissed back.

I dropped her off at her house at about 11:00 the next morning. I watched as she did the walk of shame to her front door before leaving. OK, I'm an asshole. Linda was in rare form when I walked thought the door.

"What the fuck was that last night?"

"What do you mean? What was what?"

"You and Dee just disappeared. Dave was calling all morning to see if you or Dee were here."

"Oh. Well, it's fine now. I just dropped Dee off at home. I'm sure that he's OK now. Nothing to nworry about."

"What the fuck were you two doing all night and this morning?"

"Exactly."

"What?"

"Fucking, of course. What do you think we were doing? I don't even know how to play Parcheesi."

"You fucked her?"

"Of course. She may be an idiot, but she's a very attractive woman and she's awesome in the sack."

"You bastard! Fine! You got your revenge on me, but you probably ruined their marriage."