All Comments on 'February Sucks - Another Version'

by BlackHeart93

Sort by:
  • 556 Comments
D_GREAT_KNIGHTMAIRED_GREAT_KNIGHTMAIREover 3 years ago

Man seriously, leave it alone. Anyone in Literotica knows what a real man would've done from the very beginning. He would've divorced the cheating slut and moved on with his life. 9 pages of nothing that we don't already read in the LW section when it comes to BTB. And honestly, it isn't interesting.

Also if you're going to create ALT endings or a version of stories that are out there, how about you write your own original stories more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
9 pages?????

And the "real man" decides to give the slut 13 years of chances? Yeah - that would be a "HELL NO"! Real man my ass. At this point I'm feeling sorry for George Anderson who has to suffer thru the trashing of his original story yet again.

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

9 pages and you didn't even bother to put an epilogue, dumbass

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

Out standing story. I Mean that this is simply out fucking standing. By far and away the best of the Variance of this George Anderson story. At 1st I thought this was going to be too long and the wife was just too would diculous and that the story had no place to go

But I realized that girl in the story that the wife was not actually a cardboard character. That she really was operating will form a flawed premise that she considered to be unbreakable and unquestionable... That her husband loved her unconditionally and would forgive her for anything for any Transgression.

Yes it's Delusional and irrational .... it's almost like talking to a Qanon supporter. The wife is simply operating under a different sense of reality just like most of the trump Voters out there. Linda continues to think very highly of sexual experience with mark and doesn't understand why that action is such a problem for her husband

Yet Marc doesn't even remember her name. ( Again this is a close analogy to how trump doesn't give About his supporters who are infatuated and obsessed with him).

When it came to the scene where they were back at the original club Where the original story began with mark The football player I thought this was going to be a obvious And somewhat contrived way of teaching the wife a lesson.

But the conversation where the wides their tell mark the football player to ask their husbands 1st and the husbands tell them the fuck off and then the wives tell mark to fuck off... Was really well done. I was a little disappointed that the husband did not make a big deal of this at the time and stick it in Linda's face.

But by the end of the story it's become obvious that Linda knows that the way she React to mark was not the way a loving wife is supposed to react when a strange man asks you to dance on your so called romantic evening out with your husband.

Finally I didn't think that anybody could ever write a version of the story where the wife might be forgiven. But the ending scene where she sinally understands what she did and how were repulsive and disgusting she actually is ... ihow immoral and disrespectful... Leaves open the door that maybe now that she gets it maybe in 13 years they Might not divorce.

The only real flaw I can find in the story is not really about the story. It just seems to me that if at this point in your life and marriage that if your wife still doesn't understand what she did was that bed and she doesn't understand why you can't get over it... Then going to a night club or restaurant and supposedly being picked up by some other woman in order to drive home the point ..... Well if you have to do that after all this time then your marriage is probably over anyway.

SunOceanSandSunOceanSandover 3 years ago

What an excellent version of this story...

You are a very talented writer and an excellent story teller!

Looking forward to reading more of your stories.

5*****s

SOS

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

My friend you have done justice to my mind. I had only liked saddletramp's version because in the end she almost goes mental but you.....oh!. I don't like violent revenge if the former evil act wasn't of violence and your story even though with some acts of violence delivered vengeance in the most accurate way as exactly envisioned in my mind, from the re-enactment of the night to the lingerie set, the knife was twisted and stuck deep.

As known around the original February Sucks sure did a number on all of us but its good to know, see and read that someone else has similar thoughts. Thanks for this, It is a work of art.

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

A very well written version of the Feb sucks story. However, a bit too long and another non ending. Who would want to live like that for 13 or more years. It would be better to have an amicable divorce with lots of visitation than to continue with a sham of a marriage. What she did, in the way she did it, was unforgiveable.

As you say around 20 versions now and enough is enough. There are a lot of stories out there that have very poor endings or no ending that would benefit from work like this so please look around as this has been done to death. I still gave a 4 for the very good writing.

carindenniscarindennisover 3 years ago

While I didn't agree with some of the plotline I still enjoyed the read, and it elicited a, "wow..." from me as I finished.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readover 3 years ago
5* yes finally someone got it right!!

Finally someone wrote it the way he should have handled it .... a lot of very good authors and a couple of newbies attempted to re-spin this story. GA's version enraged a lot of people - mark of a good author, but yours finally got the tone and story line right ... thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
what's the point?

This is like an emo needing his fix of depressing emotional bullshit. What man would stay with a woman who so completely fixated on another man. She cries for a man who destroyed her marriage but is trying to manipulate her husband into seeing it as positive she fucked around. Why not just cuff him to a chair and fuck in front of him be just as pointless as 9 pages of what.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Your quote "What would a real man do if confronted with this situation?"

Certainly not this. Jim turned into a wimpy slime ball arsehole. Yes I know we've read stories where one spouse or the other stays for the kids. Kids aren't stupid and learn from their parents. To the point of emulating them. What kind of life's lessons are you teaching them? Not a good story because the whole batch of sequels pretty much covered everything. Hoping this story line is done. As in over. Finis. Please no more!!!

barry_mccockinerbarry_mccockinerover 3 years ago

Why would Linda still be hung up on Asshole even after he didn't remember her name, and after it was quite clear (from her husband leaving for a few months and then treating her as nothing more than a fuck buddy) that it had severely damaged her marriage? Doesn't make a lot of sense. Also, Jim is not a super good looking guy but he gets an extremely hot escort to fall in love with him? And what kind of cops have a primary suspect but are interviewing everyone who Asshole might have cuckolded, plus telling this people in-depth details about the primary suspect? Too many holes in this story.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 3 years ago

Excellent job.

Five stars.

kelchakelchaover 3 years ago
Wonderful

Full marks for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
There's 9 years

There's 9 years of my life I'm not getting back. I did a quick scan and this was just garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Again

A little on the soft side and again, there is no justice, Marc goes on his merry way. Not a bad writing, but the concept sucks

kiteareskitearesover 3 years ago

So after 12 months of abuse, she wants to stick around? At the end of the day, she was totally wrong, hell she was delusional even thinking 1 night would be okay, but all the "my marc" BS, she needed therapy. But Jim was such a man, such a stand up guy, he thought it better to take advantage of her weakness...

All the while they are playing their games the kids are getting moved from pillar to post. Kids aren't stupid and staying together for the kids is the worst thing to do. Far better to have 2 separate but happy parents than everyone under the same roof and miserable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

To go against the grain with all the negative comments, strangely enough I actually liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Gave 4 for the great writing.

Can't say as I agree with the plot and conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yall mfrs wild.

I actually liked it. He didn’t forgive her. He got his revenge( even if he doesn’t want to call it that). He also if he wants can go fuck whoever he wants. Divorce is really hard when children are involved. I think he did the best thing he could.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
9 pages what a waste

In your version Jim claims he does not love Linda, but he still does not divorce Linda after the weekend with Ellen. Ellen clearly loves him and he has feelings for Ellen but either has stronger feeling for Linda or is not a real man. a real man divorces a cheating wife not stay together in some illusion of marriage for the children.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Readers beware!

Summary says: “What would a real man do?”

I’ll save you a nine page read... This story is NOT that.

Even the ridiculous wet dream of Ellen the gold-hearted escort was not fulfilled.

Huge disappointment across the board in YET ANOTHER February Sucks remake.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Point

Entire time reading this had me wondering why this storyline? What point were you attempting to convey?

Rickman48Rickman48over 3 years ago

Don’t listen to them. Been there and it worked just like that for me too. Real life is more about your sacrifices, not feeling good.

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

I rolled my eyes at another ending to February sucks, but it was actually surprisingly good. I liked that Jim met some other women and ultimately made Linda experience almost the same humiliation and rejection at being abandoned in front of her friends.

Marc getting brutally beaten and his dick cut off was fully deserved. I'm not sure how Jim managed to avoid laughing his ass off when the detectives told him what had happened to the douchebag. Linda's ridiculous reaction to hearing about Marc being maimed said a lot about how little she truly cared about her husband or his feelings.

The only problem was the ending, or lack thereof. After 9 pages, this deserved an epilogue! You didn't actually resolve what Jim was going to do about his marriage.

From reading your story, it seemed obvious to me that his relationship with Linda was totally dead and she finally realised it too. He should've just divorced Linda and got together with Ellen (assuming she retired from escorting). Being a part-time father to his two kids wouldn't be so bad if he started a new family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

I’ve read all of Feb-sucks thus far & with a slight reservation for the original work, I believe this version to be the best! Well done, this is grate work! I even like the ending.

A Real man is always beholden his responsibility’s, both you & G.A showed us that.

RePhilRePhilover 3 years ago
Pleasant Surprise!!

19,999 renditions of this story on this site so we readers dismissively just read first and last paragraphs before scoring and moving on. But this one deserved a full read. Well done in making what we readers know as an Alphabet Storey (Known and Boring) an interesting read at minimum. That takes talent. 5*

But PLEASE can we move on and leave LaValliere and his BASEBALL career in peace. Lol

stev2244stev2244over 3 years ago

Good job, especially if you keep the difficult premise in mind. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Fantastic! So much better than Anderson's original cuck story. Great job. You got all 5 stars from me.

jasonnhjasonnhover 3 years ago

The story is powerful and he finally found a way to get through to his brain dead wife. NOW, she understands. She murdered her marriage and once something is dead, it doesn't come back to life. The only path forward for her is to act as the best wife possible and pray she can reconnect with her husband and build a new relationship. Like he was helpless at her original stepping out, now she is helpless in the final outcome. It is totally up to her husband. As he told her, "Good luck.".

The problem I have with husbands who stay in the family like this is, at what cost to themselves? THIRTEEN more years of living with a woman who you don't love, don't trust, and barely respect. What does it do to someone to cut themselves off like that? It MUST warp them in some manner. The author goes to great lengths to show how he is very happy with his kids, all his new friends, and all his experiences like boating. However, he has chopped off his ability to love and express love for a wife. That leaves a huge hole in your psyche and to some extent is a form of continual torture. It certainly can be that he feels this is the best he can do and that may be true but, I don't think he is coming out the other end as a whole person.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You write well, but a good editor or better proofreading) could help you catch and correct things that interrupt readers’ enjoyment of your story. Things like these:

1) As in the original, Linda reluctantly responds to Jim’s question about her enjoyment of the night, but in your version he barely spoke to her and never asked.

2) What kind of doctor did he see in Florida? A “physiologist” works with people’s physical bodies and doesn’t counsel about personal problems. A “phycologist” isn’t a thing (spellcheck should’ve told you that). The third version, a “psychologist“ was the only one that made sense.

3) Before he left for Florida, Jim planned to continue working remotely for his employer, but there was no mention that he did so during the months he was gone. He drove around, at a marina, and took a cruise, yet somehow still received money for the household accounts, to buy a car and, and to buy a boat?

4) Your opera star would be Romanian, not Rumanian. (Again, use your spellcheck.)

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 3 years ago
Wow

When I saw your “real man“ comment, I figured this would be another one of those oh-so-silly violence fantasies where some fool goes around punishing the world for his hurt feelings, and everyone else in the story spends their days talking about what a great guy he is and not, you know, arresting him.

This was far preferable to that. Kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
There are MANY women in the world. Some small fraction are surely like Linda.

Every bit of what Linda thought and did seems plausible to me. They don't fit together well in the same person, but the contradictions also aren't totally crazy. So probably a few women like Linda actually exist -- enough, indeed, to justify this work of FICTION.

One thing about romance novels, however -- fidelity is paramount, and the reviewers on Amazon/Goodreads/etc. will blast you if you don't live up to that. I'm no expert on Nora Roberts' work, but given her commercial good sense, I'd be shocked if her work featured cheaters, perhaps excepting some tiny fraction of her many, many books.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Really

Can't believe you think a "Real man" would handle this situation like this. Nine pages, you should have written a story you thought up. Good writing but way too long.

mattenwmattenwover 3 years ago

Nothing new but at least a possibility. Still, it is completely wrong to believe that children, especially at this age, are better off in a loveless marriage than in a separated family. Small children in particular have a seventh sense for little things. For interaction between parents. And they can very well recognize whether they are loving or just put on! Precisely because they cannot communicate well verbally, they recognize the interplay between loving and only acting parents! So staying together for that is just plain idiotic. In addition, he completely destroyed the marriage again. Where should a common basis ever develop? So rather 13 years of hatred / indifference than going forward and repositioning yourself?

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

I don’t know how but you pulled it off out of the 20 so versions out there yours is in the top 5.

Well done, l thought you were going to wimp out but u didn’t.

I still he should’ve divorced her now and gone to the love of his life Ellen and I think that Linda should let him go

Scores 5/5

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

A well done reimagining. I like what you did with Jim’s transformation in Florida. I’m sure the obligatory comeuppance for the lothario appeased the LW raw meat eaters and bumped up your ratings, but didn’t really impact your story arc in my estimation, and wasn’t really characteristic of the new Jim. I was kinda pulling for Linda a little by the end - not at that point in the story of course, but who knows - people have been known to redeem themselves, and thirteen years is a long time. I’ve enjoyed all the variations of this story, which I believe is based on the Aesopian fable of the dog with a bone who saw its reflection. I enjoyed reading your version. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
enjoyable

Just a few things that bug me.

When he returns and explains how its going to be he says deal with it or divorce me. If divorce is an option for her then why not for him?

Why would he consider being with Ellen? So what if she is beautiful? Every time they are out guys are hitting on her and she even told him how many losers she has sex with. Pretty gross. I think it would have been better if she was a model or the like so it hits Linda even harder.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This 9s the best one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

Best of the versions by far. Started this with the intention of hating it and couldn't. Well written and believable to say the least, you managed not to do what most of the other attempts did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good effort

Would have thought that Linda might have played down how wonderful her experience with Marc was , you know , show a little remorse and humility , in order to get back into her husbands good books . Instead , she seemed to take every opportunity to remind him how special her time with Marc was.

A good take on this often repeated story .

So glad that Marc got his share of pain ........ now , what to do regarding Leroy and Clyde ?

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingover 3 years ago
Excellent!

Easily the best alternative ending to G Anderson's "February ..." though Saddletramp's is a close second. Still don't understand why the story is so popular as a redux. It's not pleasant or fulfilling regardless of varied endings.

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMomover 3 years ago

Just 1 star not one of your best. You turned Jim into a pathetic limp dick loser. Running off to let big sister organize a hedonistic supposedly singles cruise. I hope he either used protection or was tested for STDs when he got back. Which really is the opposite of the posturing he was doing when Linda went with the asshole. Jim turned out to be a bigger asshole and hypocrite than Marc.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 3 years ago
You quoted: "What would a REAL man do?"

Well, definitely not this. Jim basically was a weak coward. He did absolutely NOTHING when the cheating took place. Just ran away like a little bitch-boy, afraid to face responsibilities. The whole issue of what actual job he had was never clear. Working from home, had laptop etc and then had a whole system of using "snail mail". Sending letters to his kids and getting his wife to reply in a letter? What year was this set in? 1970? Really, it would at least be email, going by the cell phones being used.

Then when Jim is beaten up/assulted, he just drives home! Why not to hospital to see a doctor? Plus, reporting the assult to the Police?Laying charges against the American Football thug that he knew did it. Plus his accompliace. i Like I said, just a coward. A true, spineless, pathetic, cuck..

Also, Jim is an average guy. After his wife cheats, he suddenly turns into a Don Juan and is incredibly attractive suddenly??? How and why?

It was someone else who took action against the arsehole. Not Jim. He did nothing. His "revenge" using Ellen at the end also didn't ring true. She happens to be gorgeous, is an Escort PLUS an Interior Decorator. Jeez, perhaps she won Gold at the Olympics also in swimming and is secretly the daughter of a Billionaire!

How ridiculous can you get.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
And the kitchen sink

When you’ve got big sisters, escorts, wife swappers, mobsters, psychologists and yachtsmen to help what could go wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

one of the best ones yet only he would be stupid to even think of taking her back at all too bad he didn't get revenge on the other footballers they should have been in jail not on the field maybe the next one that writes one of these will make that happen

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

A real man in this situation would not run away from his home and children for weeks to have fun in Florida. How was he supporting his family while on vacation? The children are innocent but are being punished. The husband is a true asshole. A real man would have explored possibilities, and, given Linda's apparent inability to appreciate what she had done, a divorce was the answer. A loveless marriage is not good for children.

The story shows no comprehension of the financial aspects of the story. How was the family being supported while the husband was having fun and spending money at the Iris Club?

Most of the story appeared artificial -- like every common guy can get women to love and bed him.

George Anderson's original story still has not been surpassed by any of the 20 or so adjuncts.

Bebop3Bebop3over 3 years ago

Excellent job. Thanks for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Few of the multitude of "Sucks" stories are an improvement on the original and even then have problems. I did feel yours had a good balance and finish. Thank you.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 3 years ago
Long and Redundant

I enjoyed your story, admit that I skipped ahead a few times. Jim and Linda conversations repeated the same thoughts throughout the story. One side item: I don’t recall ever reading a story this long that never mentions anyone’s job. Jim goes off to Florida for an extended time without mentioning quitting his job or taking a leave of absence. Just a little strange. Good writing - 5 stars anyway.

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 3 years ago

Going to give you 5 stars for a well written story.

A bit overdone in some areas. One thing that I thought dumb. Jim got his ass kicked by the football player. Why did he not call the police? Particularly when you mentioned the ring. There would have been DNA embedded. You missed a big one there. He could have embarrassed the team with the lawsuit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
No more pls.

I sincerely would like to thank the author of sharing this story. As I read the sentences I can definitely see the time the author put into making this so I am so grateful.

Now a comment about the story. MC is as despicable or more so than his wife. He lost his moral high ground once he stepped into that cruise. Yes I get it that his marriage is already broken that there is no more marriage only a shadow or farce of it for the sake of the children. But I do think he should have faced his wife first and put down the conditions before attempting to "F" around. That would be a "gentlemanly" to do and still retain a sense of morality.

I do think this story is getting a bit shredded already. There are other "unfinished" stories that needs ending hope one of the authors can do so.

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Good one. Enjoyed reading it. Of course now, me being a greedy reader, I hope someone will take up the torch and write a story based on this continuation, that continues for the next thirteen years and tells a version of what happens next.

.

Does he decide to 'go for what you know' and stay with her, having spent thirteen years gradually becoming comfortable with her. Or does he go to Ellen, or Irene comes back into the picture, or yet another woman?

Theakston58Theakston58over 3 years ago
Best of the sequels

I thought this was the best of the sequels. So many here want everything in life to be black and white. That just isn’t how life works. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ultimately....it fell flat.

Your original prose started out pretty good. Up to the point Jim went to Florida it was a solid 4+.

Then it started to drag. The singles cruise was dumb.

But even dumber was the guy going back to live in a pretend marriage with a slut that STILL maintained precious memories of her night with Asshole. Who the fuck does that?

Then it meandered for pages and pages? BTW — does Jim have a fucking job? And having the cops visit when they KNEW he had nothing to do with Asshole’s attack was just weird. As was him getting beat up at the bar.

Eventually, the story gets to the point where he pulls the same stunt on Linda. Whoopdedo! But for some mysterious reason....Linda suddenly sort of “gets it”. Maybe.

And then this tool decides to remain with the ignorant Slut???

Nice try. But very poor end result.

2**

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A lot of times a different ending to an original story comes out as a “so-so”. However you took your time to develop a well written good story which left the reader to wondering about the future. I real,y enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing.

DogFuzz

NathanGarrettNathanGarrettover 3 years ago

Yes finally!!!!!!! The best of them all. Thank you! Thank you! Someone who finally put a wife through the emotional pain that was needed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Alternate Realities

To those who drivel on about the ‘real man’ and how ‘he’ would handle the situation, well firstly had they been the cover author they would have written what they seen fit , and that would have been well received, or not , secondly since they were so inclined to want a different storyline than what the original author , and/or yourself had written , then why didn’t they take it upon themselves to write the alternate storyline their way ? This wasn’t the original authors story written his way , it was your take on the original , written your way , and that alone justifies taking poetic license and making this your baby ! And I’d like to mention that this is one hell of a healthy baby , you should be beaming with pride and passing out cigars ! Great work !

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
TERRIBLE!

I am sorry, but if you think that this is the was a real man would react you need some serious re-education!

justwetwojustwetwoover 3 years ago

Thank you. I think one measure of a story's quality is the emotional response it drives. This drove a very strong response.

A very good story. Unbelievable in many areas but it got there in the end.

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzyover 3 years ago

I thought it was a really good sequel, don't listen (too much) to the naysayers. Hubby wanted to stay in his kids' lives which a divorce would have seriously prevented so he came up with a reasonable alternative. Not sure he could have accomplished everything he did in one short year, but by the end wife realizes her plight and truly regrets her choice to leave on that fateful night. I, for one, really enjoy other authors writing sequels to a good story like George Anderson's, that end with unanswered questions. FinishTheDamnStory was a great contributor in this field but, as I understand it, one of the two men from that writing duo was quite old and died. Obviously' George Anderson's tale struck a chord with many given the number of sequels it spawned and I really appreciate George allowing so many to write sequels to his work. Nici and Agena ("A Joke") also wrote famous stories that generated many sequels and I'm sure many of us enjoyed all of these efforts.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 3 years ago

I liked your version of the story, except for the non-ending! Nine pages, and the reader is left hanging.

tangledweedtangledweedover 3 years ago

I think this was one of the better takes on the February Slut Ray story, its failings mostly due to the author's ambition. In an attempt to make this into some kind of opus, the author brought in to many irrelevant threads that did nothing to improve the story.

.

The trip to Florida, where the MC starts a new career as blue collar boat help, ignores the brief acknowledgement earlier that he would ask his boss for work he could do at home. At the same time, he was still paying the mortgage and bills at home. Where did his money come from? How did he keep his job?

.

The boat cruise wasn't necessarily a misstep, except for the ironic introduction of the swinging married couple who later turned out to serve as an object to Linda about respecting your spouse. The long letter from Linda was a strange addition, since she claimed in it that he had asked her to provide all the details and proceeded to hammer home the point on how great Marc was at providing the best sex she had ever had. In fact, the MC had refused to discuss anything and didn't ask her for details. That definitely did happen, but it was in a different author's version of the story.

.

The drunk night at the bar where the MC got beaten was another anomaly. First he is too drunk to drive, then apparently sobers up enough to drive after some coffee, then gets beaten outside while he is amazingly, still drunk. I guess that was a case of being punch drunk. This night was filler and meant nothing to the story.

.

The beating and mutilation of Marc by the mafia goons and the backstory hinted at a connection with a shadowy female figure that we suspect was Ellen. Then the MC goes off with Ellen for a glimpse of high society and meets some rich people with Italian names, dropping another hint. Was Ellen the woman who helped rebuild the accountant's psyche after his cuckolding and did she have anything to do with the mafia retribution on Marc? Interesting angles that were hinted at and then left hanging, possibly due to how much time was wasted wandering elsewhere.

.

The faux marriage reconciliation the MC initiated on his return may be troubling for some, but there are compromised marriages everywhere. People ignore or put up with things they don't like for the children's sake, the financial stability and the fear that life outside marriage would be even worse. I find this part, surprisingly, one of the more normal aspects of this story.

.

It was a solid effort, marred in a minor way by the author trying to do much, and in the end accomplishing less than it should.

BriteaseBriteaseover 3 years ago
This was good but

It’s the only version that left me feeling sorry for Linda, and I doubt that was the intention ?

GrimmerGrimmerover 3 years ago

This was a very different tale in comparrison to many of the others. You took the time and effort to really develop things. Very nicely done! I put it in the top three of these. 5 stars.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"Can you honestly say you wouldn't be tempted? Can you honestly say you would turn her down?" - Yeah, and what would you bitches say if he went with her? You'd say that he was scum and that Linda should take him to the cleaners in a divorce!

/

I still don't see the sense of the fancy underwear. They were going to come back to the hotel room and get undressed. She's down to her bra and panties. She's going to take them off, just to put on a different set?

/

"he held up his hand with his index finger extended." - Um,Middle finger?

/

"You shouldn't have let them see that." - YOU shouldn't have done that!

/

"My love for you is just the same as it was yesterday." - I've said this before, yeah, the same love that let you walk out and spend the night with another man!

/

It may not seem like it, but I'm TRYING not to nitpick so much, but a "physiologist" doesn't have anything to with mental issues.

/

Why does he need a job? Isn't he still remote working with his old job?

/

She gave up more to Marc, who DIDN'T care about her, than she ever gave to her husband, who DID care about her, which makes no sense. I can only repeat that if her love for him hasn't changed, then this could happen again.

/

"I was as aroused as I have ever been in my life." - I'm sure THAT will help.

/

"He even surprised me by remembering my name the next morning." - WOW! He takes a woman from her husband, fucks her all night, and even remembers her name!

/

When did he ask her for all the gory details? Maybe I missed it, but even if he did, she didn't have to do it, especially if she wanted to ATTEMPT to save the marriage. I looked, I couldn't find him "asking" her to tell him about her night with Marc.

/

I don't believe for one millisecond that she would turn Marc down, either for a repeat or to go away with him.

/

How can she "respect" Marc, a man who treats other people's relationships so DISrespectfully?

/

Joanne is now a "phycologist," I think you mean "psychologist," not a physiologist?

/

"That's all you need to know." - And that's all he needed to know about Marc, even though he knew there was more.

/

"I will be yours, just yours, forever." - She no longer has that option. She doesn't have to avail herself of the "open marriage" that he's proposing, but that's on her.

/

I can't believe that she's still so delusional as to not think it would affect him so profoundly.

/

"not even Dee? - ESPECIALLY not Dee!

/

"Why did you bring me here?" - He didn't "bring" her, he was going there and she asked him to take her.

/

"It would have tainted the memory of that night." - She STILL doesn't get it, good for him laying it out for her.

/

"I know we will get back to where we were." - Sigh. Once again, where they were was a place where she could walk off with an asshole.

/

I can't believe she's crying over Marc. Even if she feels bad for him, she can't let Jim know that!

/

Heh, Harry Morgan and Ben Alexander, Dragnet!

/

"I can't tell you that, Brigette, but you will start hearing stories pretty soon that will give you a good idea." - I would have thought that the story would already have been out there.

/

When Ellen said on the cruise that she was "taking a break from sex," somehow I thought that she was an escort.

/

It shouldn't have taken him actually doing it to Linda for her to understand how he felt. She should have had enough empathy for her husband to THINK about how she would feel, and then not do it to him.

/

"The Asshole didn't do anything to me that you haven't done hundreds of times." -That doesn't sound like what she said at the time.

/

I wasn't going to read nine more pages, but Randi said it was good, and she was right. My only minor quibbles: He meets and falls in love with, an even hotter woman who falls in love with him, a bit of a cliche; It seemed like his wife was going to let him go, I wish she had; as for an Epilog, it would have been good to see 13 years later - Did he leave, if so, was Ellen waiting for him? Did one of them give up before the 13 years, and he's now been with Ellen for X number of years?

jaythemanjaythemanover 3 years ago
Best One

Finally, someone beat on Linda enough that she understood what she did. I thought there were already enough versions of this. I was wrong, thanks for writing.

KomradeKomradeover 3 years ago

Love it and I hate it. I was actually working on my own version of this classic to post as my first attempt at Literotica.

There is no way I'll go forward with it, as it is much too similar to what you have done.

Also is yours is far better than mine would have been, much like Marc's sexual prowess was superior to Jim's !

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 3 years ago

Super interesting but I think the subtle signs that he doesn't love her would ruin the kids understanding of a healthy marriage and divorcing right after would just assure that they would never trust a spouse either...

Super well written, but that bit of logic doesn't work to me.

xiluaxiluaover 3 years ago
Pathetic

What a real man would do? You fuck have no idea what a real man is or what he would do. Your version is nothing but a convoluted mess of what a pathetic man with no balls would do.

1*

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

One of the best alternatives but I've said that before. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It is wonderful to dream... but It just isn't going to happen.

I can't go above a 3 only because staying together just for ther kids with no hope of reconcilliation will harm the kids even more when they realize almost immediately their parents would have been happier apart for all those wasted years

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

Good attempt, only real problem singles cruise was stupid as was the stuff with the other football players.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not what a real man would've done

Maybe due to today's castrated judicial system, where some honest, hardworking men get the short end of the stick that this is the best viable option.

Great that the A**hole got what was coming to him but, really Jim should start over with Ellen. Sometimes having a mother & a stepmother can be beneficial for kids.

vhasstvhasstover 3 years ago
Enjoyed this

A nice treatment of the original. Children do complicate matters when it comes to infidelity and peoples reaction to it, rightly so.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
ok...I now hate February.....but....

I am going to give you a 5 star review just because you took it in a direction that nobody else did. There were parts that were over the top...sometimes too much...but this is fiction.....

killerwhale681killerwhale681over 3 years ago

The best of the lot. Especially the emotional pain, and his refusal to submit. There wasn't a super hero involved, but there was a serious beating or two that were actually believable. Thing is, how could a normal man take her back, after she's proven unrepentant?

The football "hero" is fortunate that he wasn't shot in the back. I've read most versions of this tale, and this one seems complete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Much Better...

Than the rest of 'em including the original.

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 3 years ago

I like this version quite a bit. 5* for effort and content.

That said, I'd have to disagree with your "what a real man would do" thoughts as have others. That does not make this story any less interesting, however.

What I find interesting about this is that it is, by my analysis, not nearly so much a "What a real man would do" story, but seems to be much more of a "What a woman imagines that 'a Real Man' would do"...story. That, in itself is kind of interesting, too. I think that there could be some of the differences between man's and women's thinking patterns being exposed between this story of yours and various other alternatives, and that thought is fascinating to me.

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago

Don't read it, didn't score it. Did read the comments. Hell, the comments are better than 90% of the follow ups to this horrid story. And from the comments I'm glad I don't waste my time reading this one. If you're interested in the best follow up story look up Just Plain Bob's follow up story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Oh god, not another one!

Not only that, but 9 pages of this drivel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

One of the best of the sequels because we eventually get to a point where Linda really feels remorse for what she did to Jim, but it still took her way too long. You still succumbed to the temptation to change the rules of GA’s world.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Page 3

Fuck that letter. Whatacunt

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Ugh. Yet another plate of re-fried 'Feburary' garbage. GeorgeAnderson's original story was beyond stupid, as has been EVERY single sequel, including this. May this put an end to the scourge of February Sucks stories...PLEASE!

That said, I give this story line 0 stars, and your reasonably skillful writing 5-ish stars, averaging it out at # stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Eh

Not what a real man would do but decent read.

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

This is the best sequel so far and I will save it as Feb Suck Part 2.

Thanks!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Pretty damn good.

I still don't give a shit about Linda but you left it in a way that she might become someone I didn't loathe in the future.

You at least gave the MC his balls and life back.

There were some loose ends that didn't add to the story like the unreported attack and the doctor friend of Linda's but this was mostly enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
hmm

well written and an interesting take on a now classic tale.

But in reality, no guy would stay with her. Especially her going on about how great it was for her.

No they would have divorced right away.

No I really wish there was some revenge on the a hole and his friends. in the story.

Someone else doing damage doesnt really help guy at all.

The husband will be thinking about what he wished he could do for years, if not entire lifetime.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Page 4

He became a swinger, bought a dumbass electric boat and went back to his wife. I suppose he’s accustomed to sluts now.

Seriously, you were doing well and then you just veered right into the swamp. Wasted potential.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I have read all the endings

And this is possibly the best! Thanks for the story. 5*'s from me.

"Buckeye Fan"

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Again..

...more of it and certainly not the worst. An emotive story illustrating how difficult it would be to man up and become a part time father or do serious jail time for exacting a proper revenge and be a no time father. Possibly more realistic than some if not as entertaining. Not sure why Walt on the cruise mentioned the lease back on the boat and then Jim talked him into it when meeting later at the Iris Club. I also didn't know the iconic E-type Jaguar was known as an XKE in the USA....so thank you.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Well hmmm... You did a really good job writing this story to include character development, the intense emotions on both sides, and it carried a similar tone to the original. kudos for that. On the downside, and the reason so many have tried to "redux" GA's story is the fundamental flaws in what she did in the first place and her husbands reaction. There have been a couple version that address them, but yours does not. The woman portrayed at the beginning would NEVER do to her husband what she did. It simply too large of a leap. The husband would never have accepted what happened, if he was as devoted as the story says, and would have hunted them down and confronted them. If you had rewritten the from of the story to show fractures in their relationship before Marc, that would makes sense and the rest of your story would rate 5+*. 4* for a gallant, yet flawed effort.

bo5254bo5254over 3 years ago
9 page virgin

This is the first time I have read a nine page story. Normally do not want to commit the time it takes to read that long of a story. However having read all the other February Sucks from the original on, I decided to give 'er a go. While it was long, I thoroughly enjoyed this version. 5 Stars from me, Thank you BH93.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Personally, I liked them all. But in this one, Jim grew a set, and when Ellen came into the picture, Linda finally realized what hurt was. Asshole, and his buddies, after I learned to box or do martial arts, would have been really sorry and maybe even never heard from, or found. ever again...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
please.....

please for the love of god would people stop re-writing this story..... each time it just gets worse, this version being horrible beyond belief.....

JohnD46JohnD46over 3 years ago
Ii liked it.

A well done story that puts the pieces together very well. With no remorse and the arrogant attitude, she had to experience the total feeling. She never said I'm sorry I did it during those years. (because she wasn't). She's sorry she hurt him buts thats all.

A good story told in a good way. Thank you.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 3 years ago
Well done, Mr. Blackheart.

I have to laugh at the "real men" who commented. Somehow, I suspect that they are macho blusterers who have been on three dates in their lives, and their dates fled screaming from those unfortunate encounters. You're a good writer. Keep plugging away. Randi.

MonsieurXMonsieurXover 3 years ago

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. Did anyone read or edit this before it was uploaded? A psychologist is not the same as a physiologist nor a phycologist (though both are real professions). Really? Jim hooks up with someone who feels out of place (while meeting other couples) on a SINGLES cruise?

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Page 6

Nice touch on the flowers and card.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 3 years ago

Rumanians are a rare breed!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBlackHeart93@BlackHeart93
Retired, retired. Trying to improve my writing abilities. Enjoy the instant feedback of readers. Appreciate the help of editors to catch my errors—and I try to learn from them.