February Sucks - BTB

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The next Friday I was surprised Linda wanted to go out again. This time she was alone. I volunteered to take care of the kids again. The kids were in bed by 9 and again at 10 o'clock Linda arrived home. Surprisingly, she was alone again. I have been bracing for the inevitable night when she brings home some schmuck to fuck. She went straight to her room and I stayed up watching the news.

They had breaking news. Marc LaValliere had an accident. He had been hit by a car in the parking lot behind Morrison's. It was a hit and run. The car hadn't been found yet. The reporter explained that he had some severe leg injuries. I smiled and thought 'It couldn't happen to a better guy.'

The next morning reports came in that Marc's knees and one foot were being surgically repaired. The surgeon said it looked like he would never play football again. He would need a cane to walk at all. It was his contract year following his rookie contract. He stood to make about 10 million a year and now he would have barely enough to live off of. I certainly didn't feel bad for him. I bet some husband ran him down.

Emma, Tommy, and Linda came down for breakfast as a family. Linda was smiling a bit more. Perhaps she is finally getting used to the new arrangement. I had a date planned for tonight with Jenna. I was also starting to date a very nice single lady named Mary at work. None of it compared to what Linda and I once had. We both knew that. The sense of loss would stay with me forever. Sometimes I dreamt of reconciliation but I couldn't imagine it happening anytime soon.

In between helping the kids with breakfast, Linda looked over to me. "Jim, I need a little help with my car. Do you think you could help me?"

"I guess so, what's up?"

"I hit a deer last night. I need a fender and headlight replaced. I don't want to go to a body shop cause it'll be expensive. And I don't want to make an insurance claim or our rates will go up." She looked at me apprehensively.

I looked back into her beautiful eyes and smiled.