All Comments on 'February Sucks... for Everyone'

by Kilty11

Sort by:
  • 233 Comments
iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Best one yet! I wasnt going to read another of these but Im glad I did. You actually wrote the husband the way literally 99% of them would react, to both his wife and his "friends".

Great job and no, it wasnt too long.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

I think this is a very unique follow up and my favorite. Jim didn't take any shit from the others and promptly put the shoe on the other foot. The other husbands were OK as long as their own wives didn't indulge but weren't so forgiving when the worst happened. This was a very good debut and I look forward to reading more from you.

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3over 3 years ago
Not Bad

For a first attempt. This was definitely a fresh take on all of the multiple endings, and thank you for not rehashing the beginning. I hope you keep writing!

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

Damn... that was awesome!

Short but to the point, your version of the betrayed husband handled that nightmarish situation like a boss.

He managed to:

1) Rescue Linda from an imminent gang rape.

2) Save their marriage before she destroyed it.

3) Restore his pride and end any gossip about her fucking Marc.

4) Turn the tables on their hypocritical friends.

5) Get Marc beaten unconscious and end his career.

6) Trigger 3 divorces amongst their former friends.

7) Made Linda suffer the same heartache he went through.

8) Turned Linda into a doting Stepford wife.

Impressive work... and he didn't have to be a millionaire or a Navy Seal to get some brutal payback!

Definitely the best version of this story so far. That was an excellent debut!

BrentJWBrentJWover 3 years ago
O my gosh!

Will these endings never cease? Like watching a train wreck, I can’t stop reading them. This is the best one yet. Please write again!

JoeMoeFromChicagoJoeMoeFromChicagoover 3 years ago
Give This Up and Let This Die!!!

Dear Author, this comment isn't exactly against you per se, but people, can we let this plot and the overall story go to the fucking archive and move on?!

I REALLY don't get it. The original story wasn't even all that good. I don't see why a barely month old story already has six remakes and only two of them really being worth reading (Hooked's and Saddletramp's). Can we let this be the last one and move the fuck on?

As for this story specifically... meh...? I mean, yeah the ending's different than the others, but is it really deserved though? So the wife comes to her senses before she actually cheats and the husband manages to rescue her before she gets raped. But now she's gonna be nothing more than a glorified nanny/maid with practically no friends since neither she nor her husband can trust them on top the of the fact that her husband can't trust her either. I mean, what kind of marriage truly survives this way? I don't see it any more than I can believe it. Sure, it's different and kinda fun to read how the situation got turned around on the "friends", but then I've never been a fan of stories that rely on the whole double standard plot device anyway.

And the whole "For one night only/chance of a lifetime" bullshit has been done already to both a greater and lesser extent in the LW category. I say that to say I don't understand why "February Sucks" somehow set some bar that other people need to match or something. Please let this die.

Again, this is more for the story as a whole and less on this piece specifically. My apologies to the author. Nothing personal.

4-stars

-JMFC

KayaknhKayaknhover 3 years ago
Nice. I liked it....

Way way better than the suck ass original.

And even more than all of the other collow ups. Well done.

And thanks for posting.

hotprof1973hotprof1973over 3 years ago
Different from the others

In this story, the wife definitely deserved a chance to save her marriage. And it was a nice touch having the other husbands get a taste of what the MC went through. Having really low expectations and admittedly rolling my eyes thinking ‘another one...’ this and Saddletramp’s are by far my favorites for quite different reasons. Very well done.

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyneover 3 years ago
Unlikely, but enjoyable

I don’t think that I will ever get tired of these sequels. GA’s initial story of a husband’s worst nightmare was so traumatizing that I need to read sequel after sequel to work through my horror. I enjoyed this version; the unsupportive husbands came in for some grief. There were some unlikely elements. The bartender is unlikely to have the address. Four average husbands against four football players is not very good odds for the husbands. Linda changing her mind seems unlikely, but sort of rehabilitates her and makes the reconciliation more palatable.

looking4itlooking4itover 3 years ago

I have been one to say the story has had enough versions so it might be surprising but I think this is the best one I've read so far. At least, as far as the outcome is concerned. I think what the male friends did at the house was probably a little over the top but I do believe that it was the best revenge version that has come to pass. It made all of the friends put their money where their mouth is.

SouthdownSouthdownover 3 years ago
Chalk ONE up for 'Jim'

This story was fun to read and considerably more enjoyable than the original disgusting derge of verbal diarrhea. The reason so many other 'endings' have been written to the original is, in no way, to celebrate the story but to demonstrate to the author just how bad the story was.! Saddletramp56 wrote my favourite alternative and two others did a creditable job trying to repair the sad mess. The original was D.O.A. in Loving Wives and as with many other postings here DID NOT CONTAIN a 'Loving Wife' Good Job 'Kilty11' Thank You.I gave it 4 stars. Linda got off lighter than she should have.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Good sequel

Kitty, I really enjoyed your sequel to the never ending story. You took it it in , finally, an entirely different direction in using the four friends for revenge. The other husbands weren't as keen on the situation when it was their wives involved. I enjoyed the direct retribution for Marc, as he was the cause of the entire situation. Linda also got exactly what she deserved for her part. She backed out, but only after the disrespect and embarrassing actions to her husband. For a first attempt, this was an amazing job.

Danger09Danger09over 3 years ago
I liked you're version even less

The problem with your story is you didn't just change the ending you changed the story. I didn't care for this version either.. yours just seem-- ehhh, like bullshit. The fact that she left him at a bar, while she snuck out to get some dick, is not ok. Makes me feel like like she would do it again. In all the other versions the wife becomes a slut for this guy, in yours she suddenly had a change of heart? Hmm, so why did she leave with him?. this story has been redone until I can't even remember the 1st, other than I wouldn't read it again. I wouldn't read this again either.. I think we just need to let this story rest. I'm honestly tired of reading about it. Each version gets worse and worse.

gazlenetakgazlenetakover 3 years ago

Truly this story is the slasher villain of Loving Wives. Somebody needs to figure out how to put it down for good.

Super_Slut_69Super_Slut_69over 3 years ago
Will people please stop....

I can't believe how stupid these stories are. First, there would have been no divorce because Marc would be dead from the 12 gauge shotgun blast for damaging Marc's property. As for the rest, nothing would happen. We had a player kill a wife and mother of three while driving DWI nearly twice legal limit. No jail time, a nominal payment. Team was accused of threatening the family. They got hundreds of threats from the "fans" and their property was damaged repeatedly until they sold out and moved. The reality is that professional athletes can commit any crime including rape and murder and depending on race, it is completely forgiven.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 3 years ago

Writing wasn’t too bad and didn’t see significant punctuation or grammatical errors. But did not like the main character and especially was not fond of the author putting himself down in the introduction. The author should not be defensive at the start. It was as if the author expects people to dislike the story. Important to be positive and upbeat. Story was improbable and as I said, main character did not behave in a plausible manner.

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

gave it 5 stars, great stuff, there were some typos but it wasn't bad. hope this will jump start you into writing more stories.

one of the best endings for GA's February Sucks. it's well balanced between revenge and reconciliation. Greenday had the right idea about getting back Linda but it wasn't well executed and the follow through wasn't clean. With yours, loved that you made Linda realise she was making a mistake and she was fighting her way out when he arrived. You nailed the fact that the marriage has been damaged so Jim can have the moral high ground and set the terms for her to rebuild. I was pretty annoyed that they trap him with Ellen to take him off the high horse, it was unnecessary. The free pass plan was pretty good idea, that was very creative.

Criticism I had two; first was the MMA fact, it's a cliche mechanism to 'stand up to the bully' because I can tell you, even a normal guy like an office worker with a weapon (bat, metal vase, pipe, etc) is threatening, especially when they are angry. It only takes a hit to potentially end an athlete's career.

Second, I felt bad for Jane and thought you could've given her an out instead of leaving her behind. She could've cried, mentioned she didn't want to stay, apologised to Jim and begged him to take her back while the other three made fun of her and decided to stay. Then in the ending, the two families had a strained friendship until Jim/Phil had a meaningful conversation about regretting not standing up for Jim, apologising to him and thanking him for bringing back his wife with Jim revealing she begged to come back. As a result, Phil/Jane's relationship got much better and they slowly worked their way back into Jim/Linda's lives.

chytownchytownover 3 years ago
Good Read****

One of the better ones. That I bothered to read. Thanks for sharing.

trandall9991trandall9991over 3 years ago
Well, Finally.

One ending to a very very bad story that was actually believable. For a first shot, not bad. Only one thing I saw a forward slash in the story where none should be.

njlaurennjlaurenover 3 years ago
Actually

For me this version was one of the better ones. Ok it relied on some ways on the hubby being trained in MMA fighting ( least it is better than him being a Navy SEAL or something),which is a cliche. The real question is does Linda have second thoughts bc she realizes what she is doing or bc the jackass is going to share her ( could also be me reading this late at night and missing which it was). Kind of like it he forces the girls to go with him, though how I don't know, hubbies wouldn't stop him? That said I like how he makes Linda feel the pain and acknowledge what she did,they was critical I think. One weak link was Phil and Jane, they obviously werent part of the plot so why wouldn't she tell Linda not to do it,why does she let it happen. Ph admits he was week but why didn't Jane do more?

The only suggestion would be with the three other husbands and Jim,do they blame him and hate him for leaving the wives or do they apologize to him for trivializing what Linda was doing to him and their own going along with it.

It was pretty well written ,too,it flowed and overall turned a hard story into something a bit more relatable and real, you should write more.

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 3 years ago
lol

like all the others if someone is that shallow they already cheated. but the main problem i have is for this to work the football player or players would have to be mentally challenged to put a million dollar career on the line like that

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldover 3 years ago
Welcome!

I enjoyed your take on FS. I have one in draft; maybe, I’ll move it up. I very much liked the idea of swapping the false friend wives for Linda. Best wishes and keep on writing.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 3 years ago
For a first time story - not bad.

I had several concerns. First - I'm just tired of sequels to the original story. Second - she decided to go. She made that choice and that was worthy of a divorce. Third - Let's face it. When Jim breaks the windshields, he's getting arrested. No way he walks away. Fourth - When Jim threatens Linda, I think she leaves and goes to her parents. Then SHE files for a divorce. Jim's list of demands was laughable. Jim was too violent. Her arm would be bruised and the police report would document those bruises. So Jim is going to jail (if he's lucky he gets probation on the vandalism, trespassing and spousal abuse charges) , he loses custody, he loses the house, he pays child support and alimony. He basically lives the standard nightmare divorce courts are for men. And given his violence, he'd be lucky to get supervised visitation with his kids. THAT is the story you wrote. Not the fairy tale ending you posted. THAT is why I didn't like this sequel.

DDAY55DDAY55over 3 years ago
Amazing

GA's story sure did upset a lot of folks, myself included.

I try to remember that it is fiction and I enjoy reading the alts.

Good job, thanks.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
I like this version better than the others

she would be history though, she may have come to her senses but a little to late

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

My problem with the original is that the character development and description of the marriage are not compatible with the events. I don't see how any alternative will fix it without a rewrite. This one was better tbh because it did change but there is a central problem with all the versions: the story portrays Jim AND Linda having a wonderful marriage. They both believe in fidelity. Their friends all believe in fidelity. This story intends to examine the "celebrity free pass" but really that is completely irrelevant. The issue is of honor and respect.

The marriage is wonderful. They plan a special night away from children. The wife refuses to dance with anyone else but after a short time dancing with some special douche bag, the wife is going to abandon her husband (on a special night) KNOWING he is going to be miserable, emasculated, humiliated, devestated, and fully betrayed. Uh huh. In a happy marriage? All his friends believe in fidelity and putting your marriage first? Okay so here is my question:

When did Linda and all of the friends stop respecting Jim? I ask because the original never bothered to offer that explanation. The original showed the wife as a clueless and narcissistic woman. Jim never saw that before? What, she hid it? Give me break.

I have argued this point to others. The main story is a fail not because I don't believe it could happen. My problem is any attempt and maintaining the facade that Linda and her friends respect the husband. They expect him to continue in the marriage because quite frankly Linda is "special" and his is not. Why would anyone stay in a marriage like that? I suppose if you want to be married to a narcissistic ass who doesn't respect you then by all means.

greenday0418greenday0418over 3 years ago
If you want it to stop

Stop reading them! The count now is the original and 11 alternates. One of them is mine and I might do another totally different one. By the way, if you visit a bar 6 times or more, the bartenders know your story. Viva GA

AmunRa218AmunRa218over 3 years ago
Different

Thanks for posting. For a first timer will give you kudos for trying. Don't really care one way or the other if more sequels come out or not. Just appreciate this one was readable. For your next story try for an editor or beta reader or whatever. They might have spotted some of the simple spelling, punctuation type errors.

Do like the twist for the ex-friends. Hope you continue writing. 4.

maedhros21maedhros21over 3 years ago
Time

I think its about time for this story to make its own category in the category list.

matuateneiramatuateneiraover 3 years ago
The best sequel yet

I thoroughly enjoyed this sequel, and to me it is the best sequel so far written to the original story. The big appeal to me of this story is that Jim only took actions that were within the resources of an ordinary husband. Most of the other sequels have seemed too over the top. The fact that Jim managed to take prompt action on the night, managed to turn things back on his "friends", and managed to work his way realistically through the incident with Linda make this a very satisfying story. 5*

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoover 3 years ago

A good attempt for your first time.

This storyline is, for me at least, extremely disturbing; I can’t imagine that such an event would actually happen.....But, if it did how can the husband possibly come to terms with it?

The mental torture alone would destroy most husbands, closely followed by anguish and then anger.

No matter how remorseful the wife was afterwords, the complete lack of respect, disregard and disdain shown would be an impossible hurdle to overcome.

Divorce would be the only possible outcome, irrespective that they have children together, living together again as husband and wife would be impossible.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Different

Completely...I wouldn't worry about no Editor or proof reader, it isn't perfect but writers with both of those turn out work far worse language wise than this. Well written for a first attempt but I wish you'd chosen another subject....like many I'm bored with this now.

ju8streadingju8streadingover 3 years ago

at least in this one, the people that thought it was ok to make cuckold out of jim got to experience what they expected him to put up with.

as for people complaining about different endings to the story.

you knew what the thing was before hand. if you don't like a story line, simply don't read it.

i don't care for willing cuck stories, but i don't sit here and bash the writers for writing them. i just try to avoid them.

Finchy1955Finchy1955over 3 years ago
Nope

Sorry the comment let the story die, stands even more now!

tralan69ertralan69erover 3 years ago

Very good, I liked this version of February sucking more than the others.

Keep on writing. Thank you

tralan69ertralan69erover 3 years ago

For those of you that dont like the February Sucks stories, you dont have to read them. If you are doing something you dont like, stop doing it! Why should anyone stop doing something just because you dont like it.

York1234York1234over 3 years ago
Good one

I have seen several version of the story following the original one and must say that this one is one of my favourite. Well done.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 3 years ago

this dead horse has been flogged to the point of mutilation. Enough!

mordbrandmordbrandover 3 years ago
A fair version

The original sucked ass but his stories always do. Sadly, due to the fact that he can put together a story that pisses so many people off, the elite of the site fall all over themselves gushing about his talent. I liked your redux and encourage you not to let the nay sayers put you off from submitting future original works.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

Another variation on the theme. I have enjoyed all of them. I find it fascinating to experience a story from someone else’s perspective. There’s a long tradition of artists reinterpreting an idea - in the visual arts, in music, in film, even in the culinary arts, and certainly in literature. How many reiterations of ‘Romeo and Juliet’ or ‘Pride and Prejudice’? So bring them on! Sometimes the second and third generation versions even become the defining ones. Thanks for your effort with this story. Very high octane from start to finish - a fun ride. Hope you submit more.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 3 years ago

4 star overall, and an excellent first story.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Very good first story. I'm skeptical about her backing out, but it is possible. You did leave out the part where Linda's Mom and Dad read her the riot act. They would have been told what she did. Maybe she did learn - she stepped (jumped) off the cliff and caught a branch to save herself. The football player took his lumps (hopefully he lost something in addition to his career). Their marriage will never be the same - there will always be cracks and she caused them. I have to admit that Saddletramp1956's is the best version so far in my opinion. You changed the story, but in a good way. If she had committed adultery, there would a divorce and in my opinion it should be nuclear/scorched earth.

BriteaseBriteaseover 3 years ago
Good one

Hope they keep comming. The more the merrier!

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

Good job, well thought out. Yes it was far fetched and unlikely but it was also well written and entertaining. I enjoyed it and give it five stars.

hapmarriedhapmarriedover 3 years ago
A fatal burn

An unlikely ending for what is, after all, an unlikely story. This iteration helped me better understand why all the February Sucks takes have hit me kind of hard. My work used to expose me to dead and gravely injured people in the field. Major burns always seemed worst because I knew from the outset that the victim might not immediately grasp the severity, that survival would be in question for a long time, and that no amount of medicine would ever restore things to what they had been. The simple act of her leaving the bar was a fatal burn to the marriage — she just didn’t know it yet. I’m generally a reconciliation-leaning guy, but from the moment she disappeared, I’m afraid that my decision to divorce her would be irrevocable.

JRandyJJRandyJover 3 years ago
To the commenters!

All of you who bitch at the writers who continue versions of February sucks. First I enjoy most of them. Second, If you don't like like them. DON"T READ THEM!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Good attempt

Back when I read the original I was disgusted and wanted to hurt Linda and Marc. At this point none and I mean none of the rewrites have erased my feelings. The story needs to end at the club on the dance floor.

Bh76Bh76over 3 years ago

Finally, an alternate take that I liked. Thank you.

majord2majord2over 3 years ago
Best of the sequels.

Not perfect but the best so far. Dropping the mike.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 3 years ago

I thought it was well done. At least he took positive action. :) A lot of nay-sayers out there but don't worry about it. And yeah, this has been done to death. But, it is a tribute to GA and the power of the story that so many come back to it. I wish I had written a story with that power. :)

Best regards

Chagrined

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"I didn't force her to do anything." - No, but you aided and encouraged her.

/

"you would eventually forgive me because you love me so much." - It's an old excuse, but the husbands are supposed to forgive because they love their wives so much, yet the wives don't love their husbands enough not to do something that they need forgiveness for.

/

"You then go to the bathroom with the other bitches" - She only went with Dee. See THAT'S what Beta readers do, they help catch continuity errors like that.

/

"I swear this will never happen again!" - Another old line. She had already vowed that it wouldn't happen ONCE, and we've seen how THAT worked out!

/

Why should he get TWO free passes, which presumably including sex, when she had ONE incident, without sex?

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 3 years ago
Not bad

Thanks for not turning this into War and Peace.

Don't care about grammatical errors. I didn't have to pay for it.

You did better than more people did in their versions.

keep writing.

mattenwmattenwover 3 years ago

For me this is a very successful continuation of the story! I really like that the husband is acting and, above all, that he makes the co-conspirators suffer!

Rw43Rw43over 3 years ago
Thanks for posting!

Like one commenter with a weird handle said, GA's original story is every husband's worst nightmare. It has inspired numerous writers to express their creativity in response, and yours is welcome.

Your alternative ending has two distinct features the others don't: positively, for every character who aided in the marriage assassination of Jim and Linda, you made sure their punishment fit their crime. In fact, your Jim had some wonderfully logical responses to the emotional blowup of his life, and he got to use them on all of his former friends. However, that's the second attribute of your story: negatively, it was the most unrealistic of all, because your Jim thought about his responses for six weeks before acting on them (i.e., YOU did) but in the original he had NO warning, NO anticipation of his betrayal. Of course we criticize the original Jim, because he didn't know he was in a fight until he had already lost.

So I consider your tale the best since GA's, even while it is an unrealistic study in emotional/logical response.

So good to see Anonny excluded from commenting. My studies show about 25% of Anonny comments to be thoughtful, but if the 'price' to be heard is getting a free ID, no reason why a person cannot do that. And your exclusion saves you from the worst of the rock-throwers.

Because you started with another person's characters and plot, I have to put you on a 4* scale. But here's all 4*.

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 3 years ago

Excellent job...especially for a frisr effort, and with such a thorny topic. :)

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 3 years ago
This is the First of these Stories that Didn't Leave a Bad Taste

It's a version every guy likes to believe would be the very worst of his wife...not the reprehensible spouses in the other tales. Nice job.

skruff101skruff101over 3 years ago

Any chance we can call time on this thread, it was a BS premise to start with hence the plethora of authors attempting to make it better, unfortunately you can’t make shit not stink.

Every author rightly defends his work with the usual ‘anything can happen in the universe I create’ response to negative comments. All that can be said about that is there’s a lot of authors here who have created some very strange worlds.

coredencoredenover 3 years ago

Excellent work, I think you really nailed it and it's worth a six but five will have to do. Keep writing, IMHO you have talent

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 3 years ago
I was getting tired of this story.

But your rendition was pretty good. Leaving the other four women at the assholes house was a nice touch. They could have stuck together and not got involved with asshole and his buddies but chose otherwise.

One point of overkill was the asshole offering her a doped drink. Why? she went with him willingly and was already there. Was it only the idea of a gang bang she objected to ? still gave you a 4 for this one. the end was a bit rough

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 3 years ago

Thank you for posting your own take on February sucks. It was a good read with a good ending.

FD45FD45over 3 years ago

Wasn’t the worst in the series

Life Lesson: Always tip the bartender well

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago
Well Done

Good first story!! Hope you continue to write.

onewildjuanonewildjuanover 3 years ago

Of course he was a former MMA fighter, etc., etc. I vote with those who say enough is enough. It’s a unsatisfactory story with too many unsatisfactory endings.

Perhaps February Sucks has become the.Rorschach test of Loving Wives?

So tell me what you see here?

I see, I see...wow Doctor I see that you can lie truthfully, but not lie about the truth...am I crazy doc?

No, no and remember we do not use that term here...

Crazy?

No, no...truth

Oh...well in that case I think “it’s cheaper to keep her” and “what goes around comes around” and finally “happy wife, happy life” is true only from the wife’s POV.

That’s rather convoluted don’t you think?

Not really doc, try this one on “The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.”

Oh...yes...well there is that

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 3 years ago

Loved this scenario - well done.

Impo_64Impo_64over 3 years ago

A very good continuation, more simple, but also more believable...The trick with the other wives was brillant...4*

robinhodrobinhodover 3 years ago

Excellent try for a first story.

I see a lot of comments here denigrating the original.

You might not like it but it WORKED!

Why? Because:

1) it has spawned a great wodge of second chapters, and -

2) this is because it had power, in spades! I didn't like it either but I couldn't stop reading it.

This edition is neat, and offers a real alternative, but without exciting me. Still a welcome addition and well worth 4 stars. Hope for more.

WisquejacWisquejacover 3 years ago

Hilarious ending and fitting. I always thought all those friends were just full of shit.

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

I liked this version too. Well done.

KoxokKoxokover 3 years ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and a fun read. Nice to see a version where the other hubbies get to understand Jim’s point of view. So far I still haven’t seen a version where Dee and the other 2 actually understand. I don’t think their marriages failing guarantees they actually get it, but some people never seem to learn. Thanks for adding another memorable entry!

JoeMoeFromChicagoJoeMoeFromChicagoover 3 years ago
To those whose suggestion for the people wishing the "series" to end is to not read them...

That's like telling those who (for whatever reason) don't like Marvel movies to not watch them. Sure, great suggestion. Doesn't change the problem. Speaking for myself, my problem isn't that I don't like the stories, my problem is that new ones continue to pop up on a near daily basis and I still don't understand why. As I said before, the original story didn't break new ground in any capacity and, I repeat, it wasn't even all that great. I'm struggling to understand why so many other people wanna tell their version of this tale. Don't fact check me, but I'm pretty sure the only other story in the LW category that got this treatment was "How High a Price" and 1) not all the remakes were made within a month, and 2) at least that story was halfway decent.

I honestly only read this particular story halfway through making my first comment (I figured if I was gonna comment, I might as well attempt to read it). And to be honest, I didn't dislike this version (still say Hooked's and Saddletramp's are the best). That said, whether I read them or not, I'm just tired of seeing another fucking remake to this tale pop up every 3-4 days. Seriously, get some originality, do something different, and move the fuck on from this story. Hell, someone else took the story and really made it their own, and they didn't even title it "February Sucks" (it was something about a dewd's wife and an actor instead). Similar concept, but at least some innovation was put into it.

Ultimately, I'm not tired of "reading" this story (since I haven't read all of them), I'm just tired of seeing a new one every other day, regardless of whether I read them or not. Can we please move on?

Disclaimer: This comment was not directed specifically at the author of this story.

-JMFC

Flar1958Flar1958over 3 years ago
For a first

Halfway decent. But his rules you have me laughing. Lets sign a slave contract.

Lets see your next submit. 3*

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
OK, game over

Retire the trophy. Best alternate version possible.

Now if someone would do the same thing with Of All People and Blow Job Bet.

ctdansctdansover 3 years ago
It was good

I would still divorce her because of the intent. Wouldn't trust that at some point she would follow up and go all the way or maybe she already did.

Best follow up to this GA work would be a short one where at the club when Marc goes to take the wife to the dance floor the husband garbs his wifes hand back and doesn't let go. Reminds her that all the dances are for him and still gives her a rash of shit for even trying to walk away to dance with the star. If Marc tries to say anything let everyone in earshot know that this is HIS wife and not some cheap hookup for him to play with. Embarrass both the star and the wife.

FatStratFatStratover 3 years ago
Great first submission.

Result! You should definitely write more!

I don't understand all the people complaining about there being too many versions of this story and not even liking the original. Let's face it, LW is either "Sharing is Caring" (which really should be placed in erotic encounters, group sex, mature, exhib&voy, or whatever else fits) or "Outrage Porn". The original story hits all the buttons of good outrage porn. Thus the many variations of how outraged the MC was and how he reacted to it.

Will there be more variations? I hope so. Some don't, but that's okay too. They don't have to read them. When I found out that Marvel re-wrote the history of the Kree-Skrull war, I didn't bother watching Captain Marvel. Easy Peasy.

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 3 years ago

My favorite so far!

Payback in spades! Completely loved it! Looking forward to your next story. 5 stars and a fave!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@JMFC, better new versions of this than all the cuck stories that keep popping up!

I know you didn't want fact checking, but there are many stories that spawned other versions: Family Tradition by BigGuy33; No Reply by Harddaysknight; Another Love by Richard Gerald. I'm sure there are others.

BTW, IMHO, the best story involving a wife going off with another man (not a celebrity) is The Bridge by Richard Gerald.

seadog58seadog58over 3 years ago

AWESOME !!! My favorite one yet. I didn't feel as if the , " Friends" got enough of a reality check. This was well done. Please think about writing more.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Except for the MMA ‘deus ex machine’ twist (not that he used it in the story, but...

... come on. Might as well make him Marine Force Recondo. Otherwise, very good.

More simply he could very well have leaned into the back of his SUV and picked up a softball bat from an equipment bag that he left there from the end of last year’s softball season (he, of course, had been meaning to drop the equipment bag, with balls and gloves and helmets, off in the garage, but kept forgetting). That way it lets a lot of “Average Joe Schlubs“ some recourse in getting at Marc.

As far as “deadly weapons” is concerned, as soon as he picked up the vase and used it on the cars, you know a DA would have twisted that into a deadly weapons charge / complaint, so why not a softball bat.

Thank you.

fifteen16fifteen16over 3 years ago
Good

First try at writing?, please continue.

PierremanvisPierremanvisover 3 years ago
pierremanvis

Enjoyed. And a great debut. Please keep writing 5+

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago
Awesome first effort!

You did yourself proud. 5*'s for a unique twist on a well hammered story.

Please keep writing.

tralan69ertralan69erover 3 years ago

MORE

pointless points from the legend (in his own mind) sbrooks

argeelogargeelogover 3 years ago

Very good writing. You are a natural. Nice twist to a well documented story. Keep writing and posting here please. 5 stars !

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
Holey Crap, Batman!

This is an unbelievably good first offering. Ignore the nitpicking on grammar, spelling, pacing and the like - your worries are greater than the list of real errors. I am a stickler for grammar & stuff, this is way above the average quality for even the very good authors on Lit. Sorry if I am gushing...

Your style may be a bit rushed, but not uncomfortably so. The minor suggestions in the comments, e.g. MMA versus baseball bat, are valid and worth consideration in future contributions. Meanwhile, PLEASE keep writting.

Keep 'em comin'.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 3 years ago
You know what they say about movie sequels?

They are never as good as the original. That being said, for a first attempt it is very good. I hope you keep writing.

Fatass47Fatass47over 3 years ago
Excellent.......

I really enjoyed your continuation of the February Sucks story. Keep up the good work. I’ll be looking for more of your stories in the future. Hopefully you can stay with the “loving wives” theme. Nothing better than a well written revenge on a cheating wife and lover.

Thanks again.👍

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Read it again

Specfuckingtacular.

timrivtimrivover 3 years ago

After reading Kilty11’s version of “a blow job bet” decided read this one as well. My comments are not meant to critique the writing or anything like that but to comment on how the characters were handled. The story is okay to the point where here the women agreed to go with him to find his wife but where it went off the rails was his leaving them there and their ending up starting to do what original husbands wife was going to do. In my opinion that ended the husband’s victim hood and made him as much of an asshole as the rest of the husbands as he destroyed three marriages probably four. That’s just my opinion for what it’s worth.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

For those complaining about more versions of this, they are pretty clearly labeled. if not the title, then the description, or at least the first few lines. If you don't want to read them, nobody is forcing you.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 3 years ago
Deferent take but good

I read this after the blow job bet. I must say you definitely went a different angle than many have taken. Really good up until left the 4 wives and got them to give up there phones (way over the top - shark jump). No way would a woman give up her phone let alone all 4. Probably would have worked without the 4 phones taken detail since 3 where joining when husbands arrived. It was one of the shortest versions of this story which was appreciated. For this being your first story it is impressive writing. Overall good writing and dialogue.

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

christynucchristynucover 3 years ago
Enjoyable

I really like your writing. Not all situations call for BTB and everyone has their own opinions. Some was over the top but it is fiction. I did read your second story first and enjoyed it enough to give this one a try. Thank you for sharing your work and I would like to read more.

brownmobbrownmobover 3 years ago
And the tales of February sucks is the gift that keeps on giving

Awesome story, thank you, nicely done, grammar ok, spelling ok, nothing to complain about. Story 5 stars. keep em coming

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Well, you did a good job of righting a wrong.

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 3 years ago
To those of you cucks that say enough leave the story alone, go fuck yourselves..

Another better than the original.

peter944peter944over 3 years ago

Well done especially for a first story. I hope you keep writing.

tizwickytizwickyover 3 years ago

Excellent first effort! Well done, I hope that you continue writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKilty11@Kilty11
I’m doing this for fun. I’ve always wanted to try writing, but never have, prior to what I’ve posted here. If you get the urge to comment, please be constructive. I will moderate comments, especially those by anonymous commenters . I found out that I actually ...