February Sucks: Linda's Welcome

Story Info
Not everyone sees it her way...
1.6k words
4.16
56.5k
75
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In 750 words.

For the ones tempted to roll their eyes and say, "Oh no, not another Febsux story," good news: you're forewarned, and Literotica has several thousand other stories to read. Go, enjoy!

Tip of the hat to GeorgeAnderson for his original February Sucks story (https://www.literotica.com/s/February-sucks) and blanket permission to add on to it. As most know, this is probably the most 'added to' story on the entire site, probably because of the provocative trigger - the blatant disrespect by the wife.

Several commenters on some of these add-on stories scoff that no wife would do what Linda did, which made me go back to the original, and the author's explanation of what triggered it. His explanation bears reviewing:

"Many years ago, I was out of town at a conference. About 20 of us, half men and half women, almost all married, went out to a watering hole one evening to decompress. The local fauna were hitting pretty heavily on the women at our table. We guys were wincing at the crudity of the locals' attempts, while the women laughed and rejected them. One particularly bad approach drew the comment, "He's lucky I like this beer, otherwise he'd be wearing it."

"So what if it had been [famous football player: call him Jocko] saying that to you? Would he have scored?" another woman asked with a flirty little smirk in her voice.

"Hell, yes!" "Absolutely!" It was clearly unanimous.

"What if it meant, you know..."

"Especially if it meant that!" The women's laughter was genuine; the guys' was a little forced.

Understand, these women weren't dogs who couldn't get a date: they ranged from pretty to downright hot. They were in their late twenties and early thirties, and dressed for a night out.

"Um, what would you tell your husband?" one of the guys asked hesitantly.

"Um, why would I tell my husband?" The reply was instantaneous, and greeted with laughter and head-nodding from the women.

"What if your husband was here?" the guy persisted. We could all hear the anxiety in his voice.

One of the women leaned forward with her elbows on the table and looked him dead in the eye. I remembered her from lunch; she'd been showing off pictures of her husband and their perfectly adorable five-year-old girl. "I would tell him that he knows how much I love him, and he knows I'll always come back to him, but I'm not going to pass up this opportunity, and I'll see him sometime tomorrow." She spoke calmly and kindly but with determination. None of us could doubt that she meant exactly what she said.

Several guys' jaws dropped considerably; I know mine was one.

"No, you wouldn't," the guy next to me muttered. The woman looked at him pityingly.

"Yes, I would, and I think every woman here would do the same."

"You might leave with him tonight, but if I was your husband, you sure as hell wouldn't see me tomorrow." He was as serious as she was.

Another woman tried to fix things. "Listen, I love my husband, I wouldn't trade him for anything. Jocko doesn't mean anything to me and never will, and he probably wouldn't even remember my name the next morning. But spending a night with him, just one night out of our whole marriage, would be something I could remember for the rest of my life. An event, you know, with a capital E? It would have nothing to do with the way I feel about my husband. Afterward, I would go home to the man I love, and everything would be like it was before."

A tense silence fell on the table. "Well, that shows us married guys where we stand, doesn't it?" one guy muttered.

"Come on, guys, don't be that way. It's not that big a deal."

The party broke up pretty quickly after that, as people left by ones and twos to wander quietly back to the conference hotel. I have no idea whether the women at that table were typical. I meant to ask my wife about it when I got home, but didn't get up the nerve. I still haven't. I'm not sure I want to know the answer, anyway."

His story then appears to be his stab at 'What would such a scenario look like, and how would it play out?' His original story ended up with the two reconciling. Just my guess, but it's the combination of the women's statements and his reconciled ending which sparked the by now more than three-year-long stream of alternate endings. It certainly had me wondering, when I'm at a stoplight or waiting in line somewhere, "Yeah, how SHOULD the damn story end?" Which is what prompted me to start writing here. Johnny come lately, I know, but hey, better late than never.

So, here's another way that provocative story could have played out. It inevitably will contain ideas from the myriad other endings. A tip of the hat to those authors, too. But hopefully the way they are combined makes for something original, and enjoyable.

Thanks, kenjisato, for editing.

This story starts when Linda returns the following day.

It took Jim an hour to persuade Linda's parents of what happened. His parents were a little quicker. Bottom line: everyone agreed to be there when the asshole brought her home Saturday.

The moment Asshole pulled into the driveway, Jim's dad pulled his big honking 4x4 pickup tightly behind the red Ferrari Daytona convertible, worth millions. The lovebirds, obviously oblivious, both got out. Asshole, like a gentleman, made to walk Linda to her front door, his hand possessively in the small of her back.

The double-attached-garage door opened and about twenty people looked the lust-struck couple square in the eyes. Their pastor, Jamaal Mackie, a retired defensive lineman for the Sharks, stepped forward, bigger than Asshole, wider than Asshole, and blacker than him, too. Calm as a goalpost, he said, "Hello Linda, nice dress."

Wrinkled remains of the famous blue garment flapped around Linda. She evidently didn't think it was necessary to return to the hotel to put on the clothes she packed for Saturday.

"Hi Pastor," she said, nervously. "What are you doing here?"

"Your parents did not believe Jim's story of you betraying him to sleep with a strange man last night. They firmly maintained you'd never do that. So we came to see for ourselves. Sometimes upset husbands exaggerate things, right?"

Nobody spoke for several seconds, until the pastor continued. "So, Linda, is it true? Did you leave Jim last night to have sex with this man?"

Linda was caught, but her face hardened. "It was only a few hours. I promised Jim I'd be back today, and here I am."

"No," Jim said calmly. "You promised nothing, only said you were going to the bathroom."

"But I told Dee--"

Jim stepped forward. "Since when do you communicate intimate marriage details through third parties?"

Before Linda could reply, LaValliere interrupted, looking toward the street, at a man approaching the growing group. "Who is that?"

Jim laughed. "You know exactly who he is--Jonathan Caswell, sports reporter for the Times. He's covered the Sharks for fifteen years."

"What's he doing here?" Asshole scowled.

"Getting his facts straight," Jim said, "before telling the whole city that you lured a married woman to your house for sex. You've done it before, but she's now the first one you're caught red-handed with. His article tomorrow will tell how the team's most exemplary player makes a career out of humiliating fans and breaking up their marriages, on purpose."

"Hi Marc," the reporter said with no smile.

"This is a private matter. What are you doing here?"

Caswell waved at the growing crowd. "Seems this matter is not so private. The homeowner invited me to report on this story. So, we're on his property, at his invitation. The question is, what are YOU doing here?"

"I brought her home." Asshole waved dismissively at Linda. Clearly, after enjoying her last night, she was nothing but a nuisance to him.

"Why did you need to bring her home?"

"None of your business."

"On the contrary. When our city's most prominent athlete deliberately destroys one of his fans' marriage, that's news, and news is very much my business. How many married women have you taken to your mansion?"

"No comment." Asshole made to leave the gathering. However, Jim's dad's truck blocked him--bigger, heavier and cheaper.

"Move that fucking piece of garbage," he barked.

Nobody moved. The reporter kept the mic aimed at Asshole. Jim noticed his mother had her phone out recording the events.

"I need to leave." Asshole looked at Linda with impatient disgust. "Tell the idiot who parked behind me to move his crappy truck."

Linda's entitled attitude evaporated. "That 'idiot' is my father, and he's ten times the man you are."

"You didn't think that last night when you left your shrimpdick hubby, and screamed my name, begging to fuck you harder."

Epilogue

Caswell published his expose the following day, and put Jim's mom's phone video footage on their website. Channel 6 News ran it right away, and the national media picked it up and viraled it.

It being the offseason, the Sharks terminated Asshole's contract for cause, and he left town in a cloud of shame.

Linda got fired and went to hide at her parents' to escape the shame. Her shenanigans and the publicity got Jim custody in the divorce, and one of Tommy's teachers introduced him to her divorced sister to help Jim cope and parent the kids properly. Of course, that's not all she helped with...