All Comments on 'February Sucks: Linda's Welcome'

by funperson969

Sort by:
  • 152 Comments
c24jc24j5 months ago

Nice, quick wrap-up, though I doubt the media cares much anymore about players and extra-marital shenanigans.

70slowhands70slowhands5 months ago

Short, sweet and to the point. Great story.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft5 months ago

The multi person delegation waiting for Linda’s return is certainly an efficient way of handling the confrontation. It’s probably unrealistic to hope that Marc’s parents would be there too. :)

littleone35littleone355 months ago

agreed short and sweet, right to the point, hope she is happy now

ju8streadingju8streading5 months ago

good start but over too quick.

story seems rushed

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed5 months ago

I don’t often give 750 word stories a 5, but this one got one because I have read every alternate and this one is unique in spite of how many endings there have been. Interesting that Linda would defend her father when Marc insults him, but her husband gets no respect.

Daggy1965Daggy19655 months ago

Decent story. Short and sweet

demanderdemander5 months ago

Nice effort. Just the outline of a possible approach. We don't see any emotion, which could be added later. D

The_Winter_WitchThe_Winter_Witch5 months ago

Nice quick to the point, idiot wife i wouldnt expect a wife or husband would stay with their spouse afterward children or not

swfb70swfb705 months ago

very. lacking

BBeinhartBBeinhart5 months ago

Short and sweet.

ReedRichardsReedRichards5 months ago

Football teams don’t care if their top players screw married women; they only care about winning football games.

PeelercrabPeelercrab5 months ago

Finally she gets what she deserved. Got to reap the thing she sowed. And got her scarlet letter. What he was doing was real news.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthere5 months ago

Please ppl, just give these crap redox a rest!

miket0422miket04225 months ago

Another case of a 750 word story being a teaser for something that had the potential to be a good story.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

Meh - Good idea to highlight the foreshadowing in GS’s tale but otherwise just a snippet of what should be a full story. 3.4*

Shackman636Shackman6365 months ago

Great outline for what could have been a great story.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit5 months ago

@Shackman636 is right: 750 words only gave a rough outline. Longer, with more dialog would be a more enjoyable read.

hindsight2020hindsight20205 months ago

Half the story was the author talking about why they wrote it.

If you need to explain that much, there is not much of a story.

Try writing it so it stands on its own.

But a good idea still gets 3*.

Buster2UBuster2U5 months ago

10 Big Blazing Stars! WOW, what a GREAT version. Fantastic Version. It is obvious that a lot of thought went into this. Almost all loose ends are taken care of. I am working on another ending myself at this time. The whole nightmare scenario is hard to solve in a meaningful way. Thanks for the excellent offering and effort. Buster2U

Bry1977Bry19775 months ago

your tale about the conferenced at the beginning had more detail than the story. this needs much more flesh to it! then it would be good

GutsandgloryGutsandglory5 months ago

Well that was an abbreviated ending.

woodwardwoodward5 months ago

Liked it. Short and sweet

FD45FD455 months ago

People talk smack. Those women at the party, all bobbing their heads, probably would have had a different attitude when the rubber met the road.

/

But seeking to get ‘grace’ if they did such a thing, they decided to push the Overton Window open a little more.

/

It seems a common thot that women always seem to think they are ‘settling’ in marriage. So a night with Prince Charming is ‘owed’.

/

Well…

/

Now, what happens if Kate Upton was drunk, hot and throwing herself at me? I may disagree with the women but I understand their feelings. Actions…not a good idea.

JRandyJJRandyJ5 months ago

5 stars, more if I could. I like the short and sweet. I have read most of the versions of Feb Sux and enjoyed most. Hope different writers continue create their version. I really enjoy when the Jock Off, sorry NFL Idiot gets burned. The comments on this one are truly entertaining. To the ones who complain about another Feb Sux, simple. Don't read them.

xtc5xtc55 months ago

Cant do your version justice in 750 words IMHO.

dragonmann72dragonmann725 months ago

'Their pastor, Jamaal Mackie, a retired defensive lineman for the Sharks, stepped forward, bigger than Asshole, wider than Asshole, and blacker than him, too.'

Haven written a Feb. Sucks alternate ending myself and read the original story several times (had to get the facts), there was never a reference that Marc was black. Sorry, but that makes this story a fail.

Regguy69Regguy695 months ago

The conference discussion with the ladies is widely ignored in most of the add-ons. The gals desire to have one special night that was just for her, something she would always remember and cherish is exactly the problem. She would relive that time, over and over and each time she did it would get tweaked a bit so that her rememberance would be enhanced, embellished to perfection. Then she’d compare that fantasy to the everyday reality of her spouse and he would forever be a disappointment. What guy would want to live that life? Drop her and find someone that truly cares about their spouse.

spence5969spence59695 months ago

Really enjoyed it. My only issue was that I wanted more of the aftermath for Linda than 2 sentences.

laptopwriterlaptopwriter5 months ago

I wish you had extended this. I liked what I read but wanted more.

deadonedeadone5 months ago

I liked it, but again it requires supernatural powers to achieve.

What about the poor guy with few true friends, and family that lives 1000s of miles away?

He can't call anybody to come over and see his wife being dropped off. He can't afford a high-priced attorney to get a favorable divorce. Hell, he knows that his boss would sack him if he asked for time off for personal matters. No, he gets to live the rest of his life knowing that she will drop him in a flash for a bigger better dick.

TeggeTegge5 months ago

I agree with Bry1977. If it would be a capitol E for the husbands/ boyfriends. That would make it a deal breaker.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilf5 months ago

Good, but less than half of a story. I try not to be disrespectful to LW writers. But I am always quick to say FINISH THE DAMN STORY!!!!!

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

not much into the consequences or long-term outcome for Jim and Linda but what can you expect from 750 words?

Thanks

deadonedeadone5 months ago

An idea occurred to me after the last post, when is enough enough? Ok Marc LaValliere this year, in a couple of years the new hot quarterback, maybe a movie star in a few years. When does this "free ticket" end? How low does it go? Today it has to be the hottest guy in town, but in 15 years will the hottest guy in the club do?

So let's say that Jim overlooked this episode, now they are in their latter 40's and a "B" movie star hits on Linda. Can she play the same cards?

kage440kage4405 months ago
Great take on the story

Can't think of a better welcome home, Parents, In-Laws and Minister.

ZBSKRNZBSKRN5 months ago

I don't care what the naysayers say, I love these February Sucks alternate ending stories

GamblnluckGamblnluck5 months ago

Nice scene of her homecoming but the story ended too abruptly. linda had only a few seconds of 'uh oh'.

I found the conversation with the women from you business trip more interesting. Did any of the men not speak up and say 'I think you underestimate how much your husbands love you. That level of disrespect would take a long time to make right if you ever could. I'd bet 30% would divorce right away and another 30 before long. Just maybe the remaining men might stay married, some for the kids and some because they rationalized it. But they'd probably go out and screw around as well.'

LWLover60LWLover605 months ago

Short and sweet! Who else want's a February Sucks contest in a couple of months? Muahahahahah

truthandjustice99truthandjustice995 months ago

If Linda didn't work in a work at will state she can sue her employer for sexually prejudice if they didn't fire all men who have sex with married women A cool 20 million for their desperate attermpts to keep it quiet JImkgoes too far in court with his rantings and demeaning his wife he is warned then ends up in comtempt for a month with a $10,000 fine Wife get kids He get supervised visits 1 hour once a month as deemed a danger JIm's goes to prison for allowing a video up on a website without all parties permission She'll be out in 5 year divorced by disgusted husband JIm in depression committed suicide after getting Aides from a slut teacher Boo Hoo no one wept As for Asshole he went down south and sold used autombiles

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

When most men were little boys our mothers likely admonished us to share our toys with others on one or perhaps more occasions. For the most part I suspect the admonition to do so stuck and we grew up to be generous enough with others. BUT, i don't ever recall a time in my life, as a child, teenager or adult where i was admonished to share my wife with another man.

Any married woman who thinks she has a right to be with another man, even if only for one time, only because he's famous, solely for her sexual edification, is delusional. She would be the same woman, were the roles reversed, who would need to be restrained in order to keep from neutering her husband!. Any person who gets caught up on the fame and popularity of another as the sole basis to commit marital infidelity is shallower than a Saharan swimming hole during a 100 year drought.

Good ending for the Febsux saga. This was an intervention on steroids. Too bad it could only happen after the deed had been done.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Four stars for the quick and clever story. A bonus star for using “myriad” correctly.

Schwanze1Schwanze15 months ago

CJ,

Probably depends on location. Maybe not in blue cities but in red cities, damn right everyone would care.

SexecutionerSexecutioner5 months ago

Rushed ending, would have been better to detail that out more

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Enough already! yes I read what you wrote, but enough is enough! The original was not that great, none of the ending are either and is really time that the admin of lit put a stop to this rubbish poluting the site!

sem999sem9995 months ago

Good story , should be longer .5 stars.

CastAdriftCastAdrift5 months ago

Well done.

Thanks for the new twist.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Short and to the point. Kudos.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thanks for sharing...

This is it?

inka2222inka22225 months ago

Totally unrealistic, but I for one don't care about depressing "realistic" stories - I can read court results from real life if I want to be depressed. Give me fictional BTBs all day long please. Awesome story, especially for a 750. Thanks to the author and easy 5 stars.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu5 months ago

i liked the scenario

But as one regular conmentator of LW always comments : Np pathos.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Negative opinion: flat nonsense. Really, there is no content to evaluate in this umpteenth "alternative" version.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well thought out and written, but it seemed to conclude too briefly. Only 4 stars.

skruff101skruff1015 months ago

Not bad it ended with divorce so…Yeepee!!

Though Linda would have to be a crack addled serial killer before the courts would deny her custody of the children.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

YES short and sweet and a NEW FRESH take on a Masterful story

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Interesting take. Unique, actually. Too many unrealistic aspects, but that is after what fiction entails. (Linda fired, etc.). Three stars, pushing four.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This is a poor story upon which to base a 750 word exercise. That said, I gave you 5 stars because the wife ended up divorced, which is what would happen in real life, assuming there's actually a female as incredibly stupid as the wife in this story. Which I doubt.

Fat_HomebodyFat_Homebody5 months ago

Ya know, of all the redux ive read, this os one of the best. It nit only exposes Asshole for the asshole that he is, it also puts narcissistic Libda im her place as well. I just wish it was longer.

(That's what she said!)

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Must be the worst effort of the lot

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

No the story plot is great. And many of the sequels are outstanding.

No reason to stop them. You can read them or dont.

This was different. I don't recall of with a confrontation like this one.

But it was so short it did adequately use this novel approach.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Oh no, not another Febsux story,

There, you’ve been post-chastised. Jesus, if you’re going to be a hack, don’t be an obvious one.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Decent idea.. Actually disappointed you went flash story with it, because readers never had a chance to enjoy Linda’s downfall.

.

Pretty remarkable Jim marshaled all those people so fast 😎

.

3 ***

Cito22Cito225 months ago

Rushed ending and story but good outline

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Hey Reed…you are right. The team didn’t care who Asshole screwed. But they DO care when it becomes a PR nightmare, as it did in this particular version 🤗

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

@hindsight2020

What a load of garbage.

The story hardly needs explaining. There wouldn't be a reader on this site that hasn't become acquainted with the Jim and Linda saga.

The lead-in to this story is not so much a preface, but an examination and a recount of the pertinent points that underpin the entire action, with a bit of reflection on the relevance and reasoning as to why this story had taken on it's own cult status.

Then it ends, sets the point of entry, and delivers a sensible, tight, rational 750 word wrap-up of the author's version as to the outcome.

No murders, no psychobabble, just a simple, straight-forward account of truth and consequences that destroyed the fantasy illusion, exposed Linda's entitled, deceitful betrayal, and brought about an instant, justifiable conclusion.

I have read one other Jim and Linda spin-off that managed to do the same... the story that evolved around one of the women at that table from GeorgeAnderson's preface. The one where upon her arrival home, the husband told her he was going out to meet a movie star for his own 'event with a Capitol E'.

Simple, straight forward. Cuts to the chase.

Well done, funperson969. You achieved exactly what you set out to do. Ignore comments like the one from hindsight2020. Posting in LW, guarantees you will have detractors. Ignore them.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It’s funny how the cheaters always want the offended party to forgive and forget. The cry is always “how long till you forgive being hurt”. I think a reasonable answer is that “when you no longer remember the event fondly”.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Quite a fun homecoming. Not certain it could have been organized that quickly but a fresh spin on the familiar tale. Good job!

Just_WordsJust_Words5 months ago

That is a nice, simple, highly unlikely solution to the problem and I like it. A favorite expression of mine is that "Sunlight is the best disinfectant."

PowersworderPowersworder5 months ago

That was excellent, just a shame it was so short.

Regarding the scenario that prompted this story in the first place: "everything would be like it was before"

The woman that said that was completely delusional.

If I'd been there, I would have greatly enjoyed explaining that nothing would ever be the same again.

-

When she returned home, she'd be faced with her husband's rage and humiliation at being publicly disrespected and cheated on. That he would never get over it. Ever. Her husband would never see his wife the same way again. He'd view her as a cheap whore, who acted like a slut for a famous guy, when she promised to be faithful to the husband in their marriage.

It didn't matter what she did to try to atone for her one special Event night, the husband would never forget being abandoned and rejected. They'd either end up divorced, or he'd stay with her for the sake of the kids, tied together in a miserable marriage that was a pathetic shadow of what it used to be.

-

I bet those group of sluts wouldn't be laughing after that.

SwordWielderSwordWielder5 months ago

very good short story

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x5 months ago

UpperNorthLeft, Marc's parents weren't there.

\

These women who think that they're entitled to a night with Tom Brady, do they also think that their husbands are entitled to a night with Giselle Bundchen?

\

I've read many of the versions, and I find the idea of a reconciliation impossible, Linda's actions go too far.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Short and sweet!

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban5 months ago

I liked the part where the husbands FIL pulled his 4X4 Pick-up truck behind the Ferrari, preventing its ability to leave. Having the Pastor and a reporter there was a nice touch as well. Creative take! 4 Stars! BRB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Re: The conference

It was an interesting real life discussion, but bear in mind the women were drinking, and undoubtedly a great deal of what was said was Dutch Courage bravado to impress the rest of the at least semi-inebriated hens. In an actual situation, I think any normal woman would count the cost and not do it. Just getting asked would still stroke a woman's ego. A key problem with the GA story is that Linda was written as too attached and loving for the abandonment of Jim to be plausible. If she had been developed more along the lines of a bored housewife with some latent sluttiness, that part of the story would have been more convincing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Linda’s father stepped forward, and raised a shotgun, pointing it at Marc’s face.

“Dad, what are you doing?!?”, she screamed.

“I’m going to kill him, then you, then myself.”

“Why?”

“I’m dying of cancer. Your mother and I were going to tell you next week. Now, I’m going to remove 2 cancers from society, and then save myself months of suffering!”

BANG

PUMP

BANG

PUMP

BANG

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The moment I see "Finish the damn story" in comments, and particularly when it is in ALL CAPS I flick to the end of the story and award five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Reading GA's account of the discussion that inspired him to write FS I was struck by the number of women present who would gladly drop their husbands to spend a night with someone who wouldn't even remember their name in the morning and for no other reason than that he was famous and hot. Where is the self respect ( before we even start talking about respect for the husband!)? Any woman who could do that to herself and say it's no big deal cannot be anything other than the most vacuous kind of bimbo imaginable. Why would any man want to be married to a woman with the IQ of a rocking horse?

I thought the author did a good job here, especially considering the brevity of the story and each positive alternative ending helps exorcise some of the horror I experienced when reading GA's original.

murfncalmurfncal5 months ago

Marc was not black. Going back to the wives or womens discussion it would seem none of the men brought up if they could also do that. Just wondering how that would have been thought of. However, I do like these alternate stories,

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

There seems to be an undeniable lure for authors to put their own stamp on the now famous George Anderson story. And while a few of the continuations have been good, this 750 word attempt wasn't among the good ones. The original story was a complex one that attempted to put one possible conclusion to the story. Then others spun it. Unfortunately 750 words doesn't allow for a good solution - not enough words to explain/examine the situation.

muskyboymuskyboy5 months ago

FTDS, or better yet, write your own. This was not an ending, it was an outline of the beginning of an ending.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

"you're forewarned, "

.

Stating this AFTER the story is opened does NOT count. Forewarned would have required stating this BEFORE opening the story.

wheelman53wheelman535 months ago

Not bad at all, but please stop this 750-word bullshit, write the fucking story.

phill1cphill1c5 months ago

Be honest, you bought this off the Internet, didn't you?

-1500

DaddyWarBucksDaddyWarBucks5 months ago

If it could only work that way. Just because Linda fucked a guy outside of their marriage would not disqualify her from getting custody in Family Court. She would have to force her young daughter to give him a blowjob, and then it would be a fight.

MattblackUKMattblackUK5 months ago

I liked the story, the mass confrontation was an interesting idea, but I agree with laptopwriter. I'd have liked to have seen more. Perhaps you could give us more, please?

gsteingstein5 months ago

Okay, George Anderson's "February Sucks" is a tantalizing story. The very idea of a a man's wife leaving her husband for special, one-time, night of sex with a pro sports celebrity touches so many human emotions, particularly male human emotions. Many might say that such a story plot is pure fiction and certainly not believable. So George Anderson uses a 'Prologue' to present a real world case that many women would, if given the chance, have a special, one-time night with a sports jock. The prologue adds credible to story and makes it even more emotional.

The plot of "February Sucks" is not Linda and Marc's night together but rather the aftermath of their night together and the ensuing human psychological dynamics between Jim and Linda. It's emotional and it's messy (as it would be in real life). In the end George Anderson reconciles Jim's and Linda's relationship and they go off into the sunset.

For the reader of "February Sucks", particularly the male reader, the story steers their mind (their thinking) to... "how would I handle this situation?" and "how would I respond to this situation?" and "what steps would I take with my wife" and etc etc etc. And the real world truth is that each and every man would handle the situation differently because there in no one best way to handle it. There is no one best answer. There is no textbook formula for handling a audacious wife who has a special, one-time night of sex with a sports jock. The fact is human emotions take control and husbands react and respond differently.

So we have many sequels (ending sequels) to "February Sucks" and they will continue because readers (like this writer) who will tell their story of how they would handle Linda (meaning their wife).

The ending to this story is bizarre because in real life I don't think that Jim would have the opportunity to pull together all the actors to help him welcome Linda home. In real life in the 'morning after' Jim would be suffering from too much shock, anger and hurt to reach out for a team of people to help him.

Good...4.

ecboyecboy5 months ago

Too too short

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker5 months ago

LOVED IT!! ALL THE RETRIBUTION BUT NO VIOLENCE!! BEAUTIFUL!! That's the way it should end. 10 stars from the Bear. Not the way I would have done it, but dynamite just the same. The Bear approves. more, sir. Please.

The BEAR

Jetcrash747Jetcrash7475 months ago

It is short, but it’s to the point, don’t married with married women. Or expect back up if you’re wrong.

Robby_DRobby_D5 months ago

one of the best... 4.5 stars (if I could figure out how to .5 a star)

TheArtfulCodgerTheArtfulCodger5 months ago

l'm so fucking tired of this story..

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The original story never gets old. How many married women would do just about anything if Kelce showed interest?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Cute twist on the trope, but the cheating would not affect child custody IRL.

OldbuddyOldbuddy5 months ago

Short sweet effective. 5. You are also correct, I don't need to read anymore f'i g sucks stories.

tralan69ertralan69er5 months ago

@sbrooks103x

UpperNorthLeft, Marc's parents weren't there. - UNL didn't say they were, what was said is " It’s probably unrealistic to hope that Marc’s parents would be there too."

silentsoundsilentsound5 months ago

Hahaha! Definitely a needed addition among many.

GA is a talented writer but a hopelessly weak cuck that would probably suck the cum from his whore wife's cunt after her boyfriend fucked the shit out of her.

Those retarded bitch whores, that were talking bold and the impetus of this theme, would not be so bold in front of their husbands, families and communities.

There are a few pathetic wastes of skin that would stick around for the leftovers their wife's boyfriends would leave them but fortunately, those genetic dead ends aren't as numerous as the retarded whores were confident of.

Linda was simply an irredeemable character that was closer to a straight jacket than an acceptable wife in reality.

silentsoundsilentsound5 months ago

P.S. Reed is a cum sucking cuck too.

Keep writing though Reed. There's always room for improvement.😉

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous