All Comments on 'February Sucks - Luck'

by Lickme35

Sort by:
  • 239 Comments
truthandjustice99truthandjustice99about 1 year ago

piece of crap Whiny ex husband trying to maintain and prove his manhood She was a slut he was a cheater no difference

lujon2019lujon2019about 1 year ago

he divorced the wife that isnt a btb

also why take Samantha back, she made her choice

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

one of the better alt FebSux stories. Iiked all of it except Jim banging a 21 year old the same night. Not really able to suspend my disbelief on that one. I did like how Jim had Linda's number, regarding the "I still love you" BS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pow! The gnarliest 'February Sucks' yet!

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 1 year ago

Excellent take of the classic. I love the fact that all the other couples got divorced because the wives lied and broke trust with their spouses. I can just picture the cops interviewing Mark after the incident:

"Mr. LaVilliere, Do you know of anyone who want want to harm you?"

"The husband of wife I took home with me?"

"Can you provide me their names?"

"Hell, I can't remember all of them!"

"Just how many women are we talking about?"

"I can't remember. I stopped counting after 20."

Cop looks at partner and thinks no way are they ever going to solve this case. Too many people have motive to do it, and LaVilliere deserved it.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 1 year ago

the MC's way of expressing his displeasure was so bizarre, convoluted, chaotic

I suspect that kind of environment will mess up the children's view on marriage/relationship.

divorce would have been simpler, straight-forward and the kids in time will understand.

but the environment MC brought to the kids' lives -- they're gonna be one psychologically messed-up adults.

I didn't like this at all but it was very well-written.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 1 year ago

VERY POWERFUL. well done. One of the best FS sequels ever. The whole unfair thing is 10000% fucking perfect.

.

if there is a flaw it is that Linda's answers are irrational and non sequiturs. For example

....."I collected my thoughts. "Let's say we were out on a date, as a couple, with our friends. You walked away from me and left with another man and spent all night and the next morning fucking him. If you'd done that on our first date, would there have been a second one?"

.

"But Jim, it was Marc..."

.

"I don't care who it was. You chose someone else over me." THIS MAKES NO SENSE. Jim is in effect conducting a thought experiment about what would happen IF this same event occurred on their very first date. Her Marc LaValliere answer is gibberish. The husband should of scream at her " answer the goddamn question bitch".

*-*_*_*_*_*_

.

EXAMPLE 2:

"Jim, I keep trying to tell you, I didn't choose Marc over you."

.

"So, you didn't CHOOSE to sneak out the back of the club? You didn't CHOOSE to fuck Marc LaValliere?"

.

"It was just one night!" AGAIN 100% non responsive. OK it was just 1 night. Linda still CHOOSE Marc LaValliere,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Probably one of the best - you know what of! This was closer to what a 'normal' guy might eventually get to with the exception of not crushing ML's nut straight away. Also the rapid construction efforts were actually beyond believable along with most folks budgets but the principle of an immediate arms length separation on account of the kids stood the story in good stead. Well done!

servant111servant111about 1 year ago

Very nice spin-off…. Yes it is a bit unrealistic, but after reading the plethora of variations of the wimp cuckold or over the top revenge nonsense, it is just nice to find a decisive Jim character who immediately recognizes the truth that Linda’s sociopathic entitled Bitch decision had revealed her love was really lust. I loved the Jim character’s immediate recognition of that truth and his immediate decision to move forward decisively with his life based on that truth. The result is a tale of positive choices and mature decision making by a man who cases his new reality and moves forward through that darkness into a new life based on light.

My only real problem is the lack of any treatment of Linda. The tale literally covers years, yet she remains exactly the same one dimensional character who stands on the side of the opera unmoving in her “spear carrier” role.

Still very satisfying tale…

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Of all the February Sucks spin offs, I like yours the most.

Everyone got what they deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This FS variant was was great until the final three sentences. Samantha showed her true colors when she refused Jim's proposal and left him. The fact Jim cannot see that makes the rest of this variant a farce. He would never have seen Linda so accurately if he could not see Samantha with objective clarity. Sorry, Lickme35, but you snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Close, but no cigar.

TajfaTajfaabout 1 year ago

I know many readers are sick of the new versions of this tale, but I am amazed at the imagination of all the writers who find new angles to explore. As far as this new version is concerned, I loved it. The mc acted swiftly and appropriately. It's really well done and a 5 from me.

PastMasterPastMasterabout 1 year ago

I have read most of the continuations of February sucks, each of them tries to bring the story to a close with the best outcome for the MC - I think that this one is one of the best so far. I say so far because I doubt that this is going to be the last one we will see.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

Great idea with the duplex and great twist with Samantha character spun into this classic story line! Well done. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedabout 1 year ago

I have gotten tired of sequels to this story, mostly because nothing particularly new is introduced. This showed a different and non-violent approach with some believability (the nursing students were a huge stretch). The sympathy angle for the future nurses worked and the other wives being tripped up later seemed possible, maybe even likely. 4.5 stars, but I rounded up.

gentle_touch4ugentle_touch4uabout 1 year ago

This is one of the best additional story endings that I have read. Thank you and continue writing successfully.

Cito22Cito22about 1 year ago

As far as all the endless continuations of this story. Most of which sucked. This one is pretty good. At least it went in a different direction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Now I have read the absolute worst of the sequels. 0 stars

numbnutz49numbnutz49about 1 year ago

This was a very enjoyable twist on February Sucks! Jim has the reflexes of a tiger - quickly moving from "woe is me" to "you only go through life once, so grab the gusto!" (Budweiser commercial?). Did the re-appearance of Samantha at the end set the stage for a sequel? Rating - I mentally gave it 5* for the fastest decision to put his past life in the rear view mirror

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Undoubtedly the worst of the spin offs and that is saying something.

francemanfrancemanabout 1 year ago

Very good sequel.

Really good to find someone at the worst time of their life and be able to help each other overcome their difficulties.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a wonderful story! Especially after reading someone else's poor story posted the same day.

FraserWayneFraserWayneabout 1 year ago

I have tried to read every version of the "February" saga. While I will not state that this is the best version, the comment "You still don't get what went wrong do you Linda. That night, you thought you could test my love for you, when really it was a test of your love for me." was the most enlightening statement of all the versions. That one paragraph hit it out of the park and raised the story to a greater height. That's what make the difference from a great story to an outstanding, memorable one.

jocko_smithjocko_smithabout 1 year ago

Nice work. Payback without violence, without rancor, but devastating all the same.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story, I especially liked this..."You still don't get what went wrong do you Linda. That night, you thought you could test my love for you, when really it was a test of your love for me."

This is something most authors in LW seems to have no clue about.

mattenwmattenwabout 1 year ago

This story was really well told and would have had my wholehearted approval if Samantha hadn't come back into his life. Does the man have no pride? He proposed and she refused! And now he's taking her back?

jbpeters74jbpeters74about 1 year ago

I think that I have read every one of this ending, and this one was the best so far. You really hit the ending, as to him realizing that it wasn’t him, but her flaws that ultimately broke them. I serious doubt that she was celebrate those many years.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loved this ending best! Act like a man of forethought, Think like a man of action! Very well done!

Frank66Frank66about 1 year ago

While I think it would be impossible for Jim to have so much fun with the 4 girls, Samantha in particular, on the same night when his world completely crashed, I thought the story was very good. Nothing really different from the other sequels (other than Samantha) but really well thought out and presented. Also impossible was for Jim to become 'super carpenter' and demo and renovate his house so quickly, all without permits. But, it's fiction, and I enjoyed it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

too far beyond fiction no male would ever react like that after a 22 year wonderful marriage

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 1 year ago

A very realistic conclusion to the epic cucky boy manifesto....

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

Going back to the original story, how did all his friends know what was going on? Dee got the signal to go to the rest room, and the other women likely got it also, but did any of them know about Linda and Mark until Linda and Dee got to the restroom?

\

Aren't Samantha and her friends not much older than his kids?

\

"the same old me as always," - Yeah, the "same old" her that was able to humiliate him.

\

"He's rich and famous and can have any woman he desires." - No, he can have MOST any woman he wants, MOST married women wouldn't, or shouldn't, be available to him.

\

"I came back to you Jim" - "Coming back" implies leaving, which shouldn't happen.

\

"It was just sex." - Sex is the ultimate part of cheating! You can say, "It was just dinner," or, "It was just dancing," or even, "It was just a kiss," but sex is NEVER a "just!"

\

"But I don't want to lose you." -Then you shouldn't have walked out on him.

peterb5740peterb5740about 1 year ago

Good job, I loved it.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63about 1 year ago

Best one yet, I loved it. Screw the bitches.

robnilrobnilabout 1 year ago
nice

probably the best follow up on this story.

MarkTwineMarkTwineabout 1 year ago

I thought the whole idea for converting the house to a duplex in just a few days was preposterous. I did however rate it at 4 stars. You are one of very few authors that didn’t write Jim as a pussy cuckold. That alone deserves recognition.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

The story would have been a lot better if Samantha was a bit older. The ending makes Jim seem stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well….despite myself, I rather enjoyed this particular sequel. Well written, and you kept Jim from going RAAC.

.

And even a happy ending with Jim getting back together with Samantha. Meanwhile, Linda suffers from her stupidity and hubris.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Now that's a proper ending to the saga! Bravo! 5 stars

Regguy69Regguy69about 1 year ago

Nice take on the GA classic. I think you got to the crux of the matter. She was so confident in Jim's love, she felt entitled to indulge her fantasy and let him pay the cost of her self-indulgence

The duplex was a nice touch, but zoning laws and building permits may have been a problem.

Life with Samantha will be great until he begins to age a bit, but she seems to be a great gal, so maybe it will all work out for them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One if the better endings.

l0ver0tical0ver0ticaabout 1 year ago

While not as well written, in some respects, as some of the follow-ups to the original, I like the storyline MUCH better...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It’s not the dumbest sequel, but it’s pretty close. Bailed about halfway. Just too absurd for words.

woodwardwoodwardabout 1 year ago

Well done. Totally a different take and the husband won one!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

I really think you short changed yourself on this story. While it was a unique version in how Jim reacted, your attempt to tie it to the original diminished what it could've been. I would have created a fresh, yet related storyline and then ran with what you did. It would have added a page or two, but could have easily stood on its own merits. I will say, your "hat night, you opened my eyes and set me free" was the most powerful reveal anyone has done for GA's story. 4* overall.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Linda played slut and it caught up with her. Maybe Samantha's boobs will grow, when she tells Jim about the twins she's carrying...

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzyabout 1 year ago

Really nice and somewhat different alternative ending. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well, I don't think it will satisfy the fans of "BTB" stories--it's not harsh enough that the MC simply remove himself from the cheater's life, nor did the kids totally reject and condemn their mother. It certainly won't please the RAAC believers because the MC did in fact actually remove himself (to all intents and purposes) from the cheater's life. So...the reader is kind of left with a milquetoast outcome which ended okay for the MC because he got the newer, hotter model of "loving companion possibly faithful wife/mother", the cheating wife only ends up lonely but not ruined, and the precipitating predatory hotshot only has some career-ending ruined knees but keeps his fortune (His testicle/cock damage may even have been short-term). The frenemies' marriages imploded but ...oh, well--that happens 50% of the time anyway....

So. I wouldn't say that I REALLY LIKE this latest take on the Geo. Anderson story, but it was different enough to be interesting--(although the LW formula for cheating wives' tales needs some serious refreshing).

BUT you nailed the Writers' Workshop format for successfully creating and completing a coherent story, with timely staging of developments in the MC's life and the eventual ex-wife's.

So, all in all, well done. Keep writing.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That was a refreshing ending, good work.

dutchcan2dutchcan2about 1 year ago

Best solution to date

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

These February Sucks stories need to end; it's not just beating a dead horse, it's dismembering it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This has become my absolute favorite alternate ending. I still like the one where Linda ends up institutionalized and the one where Jim bashes the assholes brains in leaving Linda to find him bleedout. But this one get right down to the emotional destruction brought on by her actions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

If nobody said it yet, you (author) are one insightful mofo. I've never ever read a story that so completely captures the essence of cheating on a good partner. You had way too many strong one liners. The Linda of this story is truly remorseful, and it wasn't enough. And it shouldn't be enough. Second chances are rare, and never earned. It is a gift, and should never be given lightly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It was a cracking story, a really enjoyable read but one thing that really grated on me was the author's almost obsessive compulsion to use the football player's full name every time he was mentioned. There is a reason why the English language is equipped with pronouns such as 'he', 'him' and 'his'. Nonetheless, this was a solid 4 star work.

Rayjag1980Rayjag1980about 1 year ago

One of the better conclusions.

demanderdemanderabout 1 year ago

Good job here. D

Slick742Slick742about 1 year ago

Great post story. refreshing take... thanks... Slick742

beatman04beatman04about 1 year ago

My favorite of all the February stories. By a long shot. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Interesting and well executed. 5

Now, stop your illiterate, woketard use of pronouns. The pronoun must conform to the number and gender of its antecedent, unless you are a a gender or women's studies major, in which case logic, spelling, grammar, and truth don't matter.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatabout 1 year ago

One of the best endings to this story. I thought the duplex idea was a little over the top, but the ending for both MC’s was great. 5/5

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

5 stars - finally a writer came up with a really worthwhile ending for GA's crappy Feb. Sucks story. I like it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The best take yet on the series!

jaythemanjaythemanabout 1 year ago

While this was a fun read, as the husband was being strong. By the end, I still don't think Linda understood, which is a must for all good Februarys.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionabout 1 year ago

Decent try logically. Bad attempt emotionally. Very little regret, guilt and remorse.

Avalon101Avalon101about 1 year ago

Well done, loved this alternative ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I'll bet good old George never guessed what he spawned. How many authors have redone this story? While this was okay, it was way over-the-top. Was the guy a multi-millionaire? Pools, house splits (that was laughable) and two kids in college? Then a young woman half his age? A fairy tale come true. The Hallmark movie ending. The absolute rubbish! Even for a fictional tale this was unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A little farfetched, but an enjoyable read overall. I shudder to think about the fines for doing that level of home remodel without a permit...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

After so many repeats of the original story, it is refreshing to get a totally different take on the tale. Nicely done, thanks for sharing. *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great reworking this never ending storyline

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is one of the better endings, nothing too over the top, just a man, being a man, making a decision and standing his ground. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. 5

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleabout 1 year ago

What has to happen for this story and it’s countless endings to finally meet its end? Drive a wooden stake through its heart?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well done. I really like your take on the aftermath of Feb. Sucks.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 1 year ago

Something different. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I like the story switch on how the husband handles the first hours after the betrayal.

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3about 1 year ago

This was definitely one of - if not the - best versions of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This was a great story .... right up to the final three sentences. Then it wasn't!

Carioca_ManCarioca_Manabout 1 year ago

I had sworn to myself that I would not read any other submissions about FS from GA... But I succumbed to curiosity and read this work. And I'm glad I read it.

Apart from a couple of versions, where Linda and Marc got what they deserved, all the others were extreme... Either to the death of the traitor and the asshole, or to Jim's cowardice.

They can say and complain, but this was a well put together, with Jim taking the course of his life and leaving Linda behind.

The last few paragraphs were the best, where Jim mocks the psychology of Linda's thinking about their marriage and ending their lives with no chance of return.

The fact that Samantha came back... it may seem a bit forced, in particular, given what she had exposed earlier, I in his place, would have avoided the return, but consistent with her own words, allowed Samantha back in her life.

This Jim was different.

Five stars from me.

But as I always write, this is just my opinion.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 1 year ago

Now that was the best version of "February sucks" I've read so far!

Splitting the house in two was inspired, and I loved how Linda had the consequences of her betrayal shoved in her face for years afterwards.

It was disappointing when Samantha broke up with him, but you really redeemed the ending with the final paragraph.

5* obviously.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 1 year ago

Now that was the best version of "February sucks" I've read so far!

Splitting the house in two was inspired, and I loved how Linda had the consequences of her betrayal shoved in her face for years afterwards.

It was disappointing when Samantha broke up with him, but you really redeemed the ending with the final paragraph.

5* obviously.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of the better February sucks efforts. Four Stars.

Splitting the house in half was a bit too far off the probability and practicality chart for my tastes. Would have been better to rent the house around the corner or down the block.

timrivtimrivabout 1 year ago

Nope, when he suddenly got a 1 ear old girlfriend it made the premise stupid. No guy that old would ever be looked at by a girl that young who wasn’t a hooker or had daddy issues. Both of which the author seems to ignore. Forgive Linda or divorce her and get on with it. This version is to complicated.

MasterJerryGMasterJerryGabout 1 year ago

I really liked the story, and at least the cheating wife had to pay a price.

Pinto931Pinto931about 1 year ago

A very good version. Not a RAAC or a BTB just a reasoned result.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 year ago

Nice try but Linda has always been unsalvageable. No way Jim would continue to be anywhere near her. There is no burning in this story, just indifference at best. There is not a real man alive who ever tolerate a moment of Linda's presence in his life again. She never even got outed for her behaviour. Please write your own stories and let this horrible story die.

hindsight2020hindsight2020about 1 year ago

5*.

One of the best follow-ups!

B3ndoverB3ndoverabout 1 year ago

I liked this story very much

IbeSteveIbeSteveabout 1 year ago

One of the best versions of February Sucks. Loved It 5*

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 year ago

Can't believe how fast you can delete comments, signed or not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"Your back" means something totally different than "You're back."

TonyspencerTonyspencerabout 1 year ago

A nice take on what has become a classic scenario.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownabout 1 year ago

Drinking my Crown Royal reserve and laughing at the usual anonymous chicken shit cuckys clutching their pearls about a husband with testicular fortitude.

Best version yet.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartabout 1 year ago

4 stars, pretty decent. This might be the FebSucks story with the husband "nutting up" the fastest, actually started in the club with his and her former friends. Not sure I would qualify this as BTB, I'm not sure there was really any burning. Thats not a criticism, just an observation, I kinda like how he just cut her out of his life compared to some of these stories where he divorces her and takes her for everything or utterly destroys her life. For him other then sleeping with Samantha initially it really didn't seem that much about revenge or BTB, it was about living his life away from Linda. She no longer matter to him, he no longer loved her. He was just worried about his kids and his life, Linda seemed to only matter in the context of being the kid's mother. Very interesting direction compared to most of these stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yet another idiotic and needless "February Sucks" rewrite. The first one wasn't that good and the endless string of Xeroxes are inane.

MormonJackMormonJackabout 1 year ago

Fun tale, thank you!

Personally, I never found the aftermath of the cheating night in GA's original story believable. This was every bit as realistic. Lucky him for getting a hot 21-yo babe out of the disaster.

SaltySurpriseSaltySurpriseabout 1 year ago

To me this is the best of February sucks thank you

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 1 year ago

Enjoyed your variation of this story. Thought it was good and different. Thanks for your writing.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 1 year ago

Excellent. Simply excellent.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous