February Sucks Next Chapter

Story Info
Follow Up To Gerald Anderson's "February Sucks".
12k words
3.97
78.5k
98
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
johnadp
johnadp
225 Followers

February Sucks Next Chapter

This story is a follow up to George Anderson's "February Sucks." I felt the story was very well-written, impactful and thought provoking. However, some aspects didn't sit well with me so I decided to write a follow up to GA's story. I tried to stay true to the characters GA laid out as much as possible.

A quick synopsis of the story. Jim and Linda have had a very rough February because of the cold winter and being stuck indoors. At the end of the month they go out to a club with their four best friend couples to celebrate the end of the brutal month. At the club, the stud, local NFL player, Marc, walks over to their table and asks Linda to dance. During the slow dance Marc lets Linda know that he would like to spend the night with her. Linda leaves Jim at the club with the four couple friends and sneaks out to go off with Marc. The next afternoon she comes home, realizing she has hurt Jim, but doesn't understand the level of his devastation of her actions the previous night.

Linda tells him that the sex she had with Marc was the best of her life, but that she was happy to be back home to her husband and children. Jim believed that he had a great ten-year marriage to Linda prior to her actions that night; however, he tells us if it wasn't for his two young children, he was fairly certain that he would divorce her. For the sake of the children he wanted to find a way to make things work with Linda. Then Jim has his own temptation at the next outing with the four couple friends.

BlackRandy1958 edited this story, and I'm very thankful to her. She made the story significantly more readable. HOWEVER (wink), I think I will be seeing red marks all over everything I read for weeks. Yes, there were that many grammar errors.

While I provided a synopsis of the original, I believe reading it in full is very worthwhile. In my opinion it is a great story, and deserves a much higher score. This writing is because I had a problem with a certain aspect of it.

I also want to thank Gerald Anderson for allowing me to write a sequel to his story.

*

It was exactly seven weeks since that fateful, or should I say faithless, night when my world fell apart. For the sake of my children I had been trying to find a way to make my marriage with Linda work, but I still didn't see how that's going to be possible.

Two weeks after the event Linda started seeing a therapist to try to figure out how she could do what she did. I felt it was probably more the fact that she wanted advice on how to save her marriage. For my part I had been spending a great deal of time with L.W. He was a family friend from my Granddad's time. He'd mostly retired from law practice, but was still sharp as a tack, wise as Sophocles, and tough as nails when it came to anything our family needed. I had gone to him for advice on the legal ramifications of a divorce, so I had told him the whole sorry story of what Linda had done to me. Since he knew the whole sorry tale, I continued to see him once or twice a week to discuss my thoughts with him, and to try to find a path through the hell in which I found myself. I guess Linda had her own therapist, and I had mine. The only difference being that mine wasn't charging me.

Three weeks earlier I started going to the counseling sessions with Linda. In both the discussions with the counselor and my talks with L.W. I could see the potential that maybe one day I can get my head wrapped around that this may have been an anomaly; that Linda behaved completely out of character; that she was truly sorry and regretful. I could even maybe possibly wrap my head around her losing perspective for that one night, as she tried to explain to me in her letter.

The ghost that I felt would always be there with me and in our marriage was the level of disrespect and uncaring she showed me, and that I would always feel like a victim; as if she had something over me or gotten away with something that I could never do anything about. Like I said, an impotent victim having to suck it up, and accept his lot in life.

Realistically, I know that most people essentially settle for their mates. I mean, when I first met Linda, if I had the chance to date and marry Kate Upton, let's not kid ourselves on who I would have picked to date. Linda is an attractive woman, but more than that she had a sense of style and knew how to make herself particularly attractive, and that was essentially the reason that Marc even noticed her that night. She also had to know that Marc just wanted her for that one evening. She picked that one evening with him over the faithful loving and caring man of the ten years we've been married, over the next forty or so years we could have together, over having a harmonious and loving home and father to her children. It's one thing to have lost to Marc on our first date, but to lose to him with everything I had on my side of the ledger? That was devastating! If my best over the last ten years was not good enough to keep her from going with Marc for just one evening, then what did I have to offer to her? To any woman!?

Thinking of Kate Upton, I couldn't help to think of what Dee and Jayne had said what I would have done if I had the opportunity to be with a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model. I have to admit that if I had the opportunity of being with Kate Upton for one evening, I would be extremely tempted. However, I could potentially MAYBE POSSIBLY see cheating on Linda if Kate Upton came onto me when I was out of town, and I KNEW with almost certainty that Linda would never find out and be hurt by it.

That was the thing that was bothering me most. Linda turned her back on me that night and didn't care how much it would hurt me. That night was the most devastating of my whole life, and the one person who was supposed to be my life partner, love me and care about my well-being the most could have very easily alleviated all that pain. To do that she wouldn't have had to even work hard at it. She just had to be present. Instead of doing that, she had been the cause of that devastation. When the chips were down and I needed her the most she turned her back to me and went to another man. How the hell was I going to be able to get over that?

Our marriage counselor had been giving Linda and me different exercises that were supposed to help us get "passed this." The one she had set for us for that week was to go back to the "scene of the crime" essentially. No, not go back to the same club necessarily, but to go out again with the four couples we were out with that evening. Wednesday, I had met up with L.W. and discussed how I felt that this could only end up being a disaster. I wasn't ready to see our "friends" again. I wasn't sure that I was ever going to be ready for that. L.W. took a few minutes and went into deep thought, and told me he didn't think it was a great idea, either, but that I had committed to giving my best effort to try to keep my family together. That I should go through the steps that the marriage counselor laid out. That way if things didn't work out, I could at least say I gave it my best shot. He also chuckled that there was always the chance that the marriage counselor knew what she was doing.

There we were another Friday, this time in April, exactly seven weeks since that fateful evening. Linda and I walked hand in hand into Michael's, a local restaurant that offered dancing over the weekends. Both Linda and I were dressed up, and as usual for these outings, she knew how to dress to make the best of her attractiveness. That was the crux of this whole thing. Yes, I was primarily trying to stay with Linda for the sake of the kids, but I couldn't help to think to myself that I still loved this woman deeply, and that I was still very much attracted to her.

All of our friends were already there and they were in the midst of an animated conversation. Seeing us, Dave nodded in our direction and immediately everyone's attention turned towards us and the conversation immediately died down. They all looked uneasy and uncomfortable. That matched my own feelings. I hesitated and stopped about seven feet from the table. Every cell in my body wanted to turn around and just leave. I turned to Linda to tell her that I was leaving. But that's the thing about a ten-year marriage. Linda immediately knew what I was thinking. She squeezed my hand, looked at me lovingly, but with fear on her face, and quietly whispered to me, "please." I squeezed her hand back, nodded okay, turned to the group and tried to plaster a smile on my face.

They say "fake it till you make it," and that's what I did. I think we all did that at the start of the evening, and with the help of some liquor, soon enough, we were all joking around and hanging out, even though there was that elephant sitting in the middle of the table that everyone was very much aware of, but trying to avoid at all cost.

The first time someone came over to ask Linda to dance the whole table went silent, and the uneasiness came back. Linda's whole body was frozen and she had a petrified looked on her face. She opened her mouth to try to say something to him, but she couldn't get a word out. The best she could do was shake her head from side to side to indicate no. The man pulled his hand back and the smile on his face turned to a bewildered look. It's one thing to be turned down for a dance. It's quite another for a woman to react to him as if he was an axe murderer.

Linda looked at me with a guilty look on her face, and apologized. That's the thing about hurting someone you love so deeply; you start walking on egg shells and you're afraid of offending them for things you had no business feeling badly about. But that trust was gone, and things were no longer rational or logical. We were both really walking on egg shells around one another. That ease of relationship, that confidence that you don't have to explain yourself and that your life partner knows with certainty that you're coming from a place of love, caring and trustworthiness was gone. The question was if it would ever come back.

"Jim, I'm so sorry. I swear I wasn't flirting and I didn't look in his direction once. I didn't want him to..."

I held her hand, smiled at her, "Linda it's all good. I know you didn't. It happens. You did nothing wrong."

She smiled a little, but looked deeply into my eyes, her eyes flicking back and forth between focusing on each one of my eyes to see if I meant what I said. I didn't completely blame her. Her reaction did not come out of nowhere. There had been many fights and recriminations on my part towards her over the last several weeks. That's the other part of betrayal taking place in a marriage. You start questioning times she was late in the past, times she had gone out with friends, times that she got up to dance with other men, and I had thrown all those things at her face over the last seven weeks. As I said, logic, trust, and rational thinking go out the window when everything you had come to believe, that you can trust this ONE other person in the world with your life, with your well-being, you find out is not as true as you had once taken for granted that it had been.

We went back to talking with the other couples at our table. Periodically each couple would get up to dance, but always with their own partners. No one from our table asked Linda to dance. Dee, at one point, asked me to dance, but I just told her, "I pass." She teasingly pushed it a little bit with, "Come on Jim, take me for a spin out there." When I nicely declined her once again Dee said, "Come on, Jim!" Linda yelled at her, "Leave it alone, Dee!" To that Dee held up her hands and just said, "Okay, okay!"

As I said we were all trying, but that elephant was there. Maybe it wasn't just sitting there at the middle of our table, but had its body parts all over our shoulders.

A few minutes later an absolute goddess was escorted in by one of the restaurant hosts in our direction. The host sat her at a table for two a couple of tables away from us. The host planted a menu in front of her and another in front of the empty chair across from her. She was obviously waiting for her date. It was amazing that as she walked the level of noise in our area of the restaurant noticeably went down as everyone was watching her. I don't mean just the men; the women were watching her as well. She was that stunning, and she stood out that much.

My reaction to her I could only compare to the way I had reacted to watching Monica Bellucci walking on the boardwalk in the movie "Malena." The sexiest scene I had ever watched in a movie was watching her walk that boardwalk, fully clothed. Even though I was a married man in my thirties when I had first watched that movie, I felt like a boy of thirteen discovering women for the first time. There seemed to be such a clear separation between Bellucci and every other woman I had ever seen before her. She was like the Michael Jordan of womanhood. That was until tonight. I was mesmerized by not only the absolute beauty of this woman, but also the sensual ease with which she carried herself, almost as if she was completely unaware of the rare exquisite beauty that she truly was. She redefined once again what I thought a woman was or should be.

She sat facing in the direction of our table, and there was a clear, unobstructed, line of sight between her and me. I did my best, I truly did, in trying to not stare at her. Here I was sitting next to my wife with our marriage barely hanging by a hair, but it felt like I needed to make a Herculean effort to keep myself from staring at her and watching every single little movement or expression she made. She looked my way a couple of times and smiled pleasantly, but not in a flirtatious manner. She was obviously used to these looks from men, and she was doing her best to make me feel at ease and not feel like a creep.

It was actually funny to watch. Men repeatedly approached her table to talk to her or ask her to dance, and each time she would shake her head and decline graciously. After the last one she looked straight at me as the man left, smiled, shrugged her shoulders and shook her head. I smiled back at her and shrugged myself. But it also made me realize once again that I was staring.

I forced myself to look away and turned to my right to look at Linda and found her looking at me intently. I was so fully under that woman's influence that I didn't even realize that my wife, who was sitting to my immediate right, was staring at me. Although, I couldn't really make out exactly what she was thinking. I didn't think that it was really hurt or jealousy. It was more uncertainty.

In the past, she was secure enough in the relationship that if I had looked at a beautiful woman, she found it cute. She would joke with me, "I don't care where you get your appetite honey, as long as you only eat at home." But that was back when we had that kind of relationship. Surely, she had to know I had no chance with this creature, but again, rational and logical were out the window. Everything was possible now. Neither one of us was taking anything for granted any longer when it came to the other.

And then IT happened! I had been doing what I thought was a pretty good job of trying to not stare at her, and I looked up to find her standing between Linda's chair and mine. She spoke as if intended for the group, but she was staring directly into my eyes. Being this close to her, breathing in her lovely subtle perfume scent, and those beautiful hazel eyes staring down at me, her pull was stronger than ever.

"I'm so sorry to bother you guys. I came in by myself waiting on a blind date my friend set up for me; he just texted and said he is running late. Being a woman sitting by myself I keep getting hit on, and the men are starting to get pushier and pushier the longer they see me alone. You're obviously happily married; is there any way I can borrow you for a dance or two? Maybe if they see me with another man, they will back off long enough for my date to get here."

My only minute hesitation, which I doubt lasted more than a nanosecond, was worrying about this gorgeous creature watching me making a fool of myself dancing with her. But the smile she gave me, and the hopeful kind look she had in her eyes erased any doubt. Without saying a word to anyone, I took the hand she had offered, immediately got up and let her lead the way to the dance floor.

The first couple of songs were faster, but then the next song was a slow one. I stopped dancing, thinking she would be ready to go back to our respective tables, but instead she moved herself right up to me with her full breasts pressing into my chest. I immediately put my arms around her and we started dancing to the slow music.

From that moment on I felt like we were the only two people on the dance floor. Really the only two people that existed in the world. Every single cell in my body felt alive; wired like I had been hit by a lightning bolt.

Three more slow songs followed the first, and then she whispered in my ear, "Why don't we get out of here!?"

I pulled back slightly away from her, "What about your date?"

"It was a first date, and honestly I have found something better. Plus, he is more than half-an-hour late. I think that is more than fair on my part. So, what do you say we get out of here, and get to know each other better away from all this music, and away from all these people?"

Still in semi-shock about how this evening had gone from something I had dreaded to a dream evening I responded smartly with "Okay!"

"I just had a glass of wine; can you leave some money on the table and let's get out of here!?"

With that she turned and walked towards the exit. I walked away from the dance floor in the direction of her table, which happened to be in the same direction as our table. I looked up and saw Linda was watching me, in fact, the whole table was. She gave me an insecure loving smile. I walked over to her table, tucked a $20 bill under her wine glass, and looked at Linda trying to smile, but couldn't hide my feeling of guilt.

For her part, Linda had a horrified look on her face. I turned and made my way to the exit myself. I hesitated for a second remembering that I had driven Linda to the club. Then I thought she can always get a ride with one of HER friends. With that I continued my walk outside.

I spent the most amazing night of my life with Ellen. To say that I had the most amazing sexual experience with her, is to minimize what was a once in a lifetime experience. I had hints that she likely had an amazing body under that dress, but when she finally shimmied out of it, she had the most amazing body I had seen in person or in porn. Full D cup meaty perfect breasts, tight yet soft waist, womanly hips, prefect bubble ass, and beautiful long legs. It was obvious that she had won the genetic lottery, but that she also worked at making the most of the gift's god had given her.

I couldn't imagine parting from her, but the next day around noon she had to force me out of there. She had a wedding of a close family friend to attend that evening and she had to get ready for it. When I offered to escort her to the wedding, she smiled and playfully let me know she had RSVP'd for one already.

"Besides, we just met," she said. "I Don't think I'm ready to introduce you to the whole clan quite yet. I had the most amazing night, but you better get out of here and let me get ready."

I asked for her number. She hesitated momentarily, probably because she knew I was a married man, but wrote it on a piece of paper and gave it to me.

I forced myself out and drove home. My mind was still in a state of euphoric fog, and I saw I had a huge smile on my face when I looked in the rear view mirror. I drove without thinking towards home, and as soon as I parked in my driveway the weight of what had happened hit me. I had left heaven, and was about to walk into hell. I was in no mood for this confrontation, but it had to happen. At the least I needed to get some spare clothes if I was going to be moving out.

johnadp
johnadp
225 Followers