All Comments on 'February Sucks Next Chapter'

by johnadp

Sort by:
  • 116 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

The perfect version of February sucks in my opinion

But it would have been still better if there was some one on one conversation between Linda and Jim.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

what about Ellen? Why did Jim punish her too? Jim was an asshole i think

SKHPSKHPover 3 years ago

Of all the "February sucks"-versions this truly is the best!

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

Another great take on this story. Loved it. 5 stars

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

"Myself I cannot imagine staying with Linda or any wife that would cheat on me, much less disrespect me the way Linda does in the story."

No and neither would I.

That's the problem with all of these variations to this story... He forgives Linda and stays with her, when what she did was so appalling that no man could ever get past it.

I liked the revenge against Marc in this version, even if it all felt a bit too much of a coincidence that Marc was also dating Ellen.

Rubbing the affair with Ellen in Linda's face was a good way of making her suffer for what she did, but it still doesn't match the horrific way she humiliated Jim in front of all their friends. Linda knew she deserved his revenge affair with Ellen, so it just doesn't have the same devastating emotional impact.

The final nail in their coffin was her bragging about getting fucked senseless by Marc and how he was a much better lover than Jim. I just don't see how their marriage could survive that level of disrespect and emasculation.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Next to last paragraph — ditto.

5-stars

bioman57bioman57over 3 years ago

Very well done Thank you

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 3 years ago

That was an interesting and valid continuation of George's story. 5*, of course.

I think LW needed some retribution because he played a very dangerous game,

mindmeld31mindmeld31over 3 years ago

I agree with the author that it was a difficult pill to swallow with the husband taking the wife back the way that he did. I especially enjoyed the first part of the story as the husband struggled to find his way back to his wife. I kinda wish he'd stayed in that storyline and had played it out fully to see where it would end instead of using the tool that he did to ultimately develop a new path back to the wife.

It's not that the tool wasn't interesting, it was, but it was a mechanism used to get around the imbalance of the wife having something on the husband and the husband having to face it and find a way to move forward. That's not an easy write, to be sure, which is why I would think their eventually separation would come with this episode continually eating away at their foundation.

The end was interesting, but maybe a little less satisfying.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 3 years ago

4*. While I enjoyed the work, I think you failed to build the bridge you wanted. When the truth about Ellen came out the night of the intervention, he should have realized that Ellen NEVER picked him like Marc picked Linda. The ego healing of being picked by Ellen should have collapsed. Just as his faith in Linda collapsed that February night, finding out Ellen picked him for money should have had a significant impact. But it did not.

Rob5373Rob5373over 3 years ago
I’m stuck on the disrespect she showed Jim

The disrespect she showed Jim in the beginning and the fact she just kept shoving how good the sex was with Marc was down his throat was just too much. Even in her letter and everytime they talked, she commented it was the best sex of her life. How do you continue to live with a person like Linda when she tells you that you can’t measure up to her lover but she still loves only you. No way that can work. My wife was married twice before and had some boyfriends in between. I’ve had to tolerate a certain amount of how good sex was with this one or that one. Those comments have hurt our sex life. Since we are older now, it really doesn’t matter that much. We are kinda like an old pair of shoes. You love them and too comfortable in them to do anything else even though the thrill is gone. Good take on the story.

SouthdownSouthdownover 3 years ago
Better than GA's story

However, I agree with 'hindsight2020' although the meeting at the end went some way to level the playing field. If this had been the original it could EASILY have got a 5* from me. The storyline combined with the originality would have done the trick. G.A.'s story was a 100% loser and not worth my time reading it, I was offended and disgusted by it. I was surprised and disappointed that one of my favourite authors was involved with it (Black Randi) This was the best of the 'rewrites' by far. Well Done, Thank You 5***** stuff!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Sorry

Well written but wasn't even close to the original. Good stand alone but doesn't resolve anything.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 3 years ago

This seems to be some sort of record. I know of at least 10 more people who are working on alternative endings to this story. Sort of a mini-event, I guess. I thought this was a good story. I am unsatisfied with every character, but still a compelling story. Thanks, Mr. ADP. Randi.

JackallsJackallsover 3 years ago
Quite

A good read. Initially I thought it was all a bit far fetched. But then again aren’t all LW stories products of the writers imagination? So by and large, a good and well written story.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Another good epilogue - As I've commented on other tries, I think the original is scored correctly. If you create the image of a loving couple on a special night and no previous relationship issues, JW created a plot anomaly when Linda walked away that night. It simply was too far of a leap for her to leave like she did. There's a similar jump, albeit not quick as large, when he walks off with "Ellen" in your story. He's presented as a good guy trying to get his arms around saving his family. I just can't see him doing the same to his wife. On the positive side, you did such an excellent job portraying the characters as JW did, that's how I came to my comment earlier. Solid effort!

IrrumatioIrrumatioover 3 years ago
My least favorite of all the versions

It was the least realistic it my view. All the characters were unlikable and shallow, but the "cheating" wife was the only honest one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
First...

GA's story was not underscored; it was overscored. It was a "tour-de-force" of LW cliches and tired tropes. It was fluently presented slop. The characters were written inconsistently, and the critical actions were simply unbelievable. In this case, the author bears the burden of trying to continue a truly awful plot. I must say that the bit about Marc at the end was entertaining, but the MC would never have gone out again with the same couples that betrayed him. Moreover, all of the "Ellen"/L.W. business lacked credibility. The "Martian Slut Ray" and the "Martian Dog Ray" are absurd LW devices for advancing a plot. A suitable ending for this has to start at the original dinner and take a a different course from GA's.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago
Crap alternative

I started reading the story and got as far as husband dancing with the escort. At that point, I just skimmed and found nothing redeeming after that point. It was just one stupid trope after unbelievable scene, and nothing that was remotely enjoyable reading.

I get that the author "cannot imagine staying with... any wife that would cheat [and] disrespect me the way Linda does in the story," but wanted reconciliation by building a different "bridge." Unfortunately, all I see is a bridge that is built on more lies and deception, and immoral conduct. I don't see how being an asswipe avoids past history. Now you have both sides of the marriage being bitter and being victimized.

looking4itlooking4itover 3 years ago

I agree in your comments that the original story that GA wrote did not adequately support a reconciliation. On the other hand, I'm not sure that yours did either because the husband's opportunity to balance the scales went for several weeks which didn't balance very well. My experience is that balancing the scales doesn't always set things right. More often than not, the newly aggrieved party understands the equality of the action but that doesn't negate the emotional damage that occurs. Therefore, we have two parties with equal angst against each other that doesn't, in turn, balance the proverbial scales and cancel each action out but rather, deepens resentment on both sides.

I do think that your revenge on Mark was interesting and different and possibly as satisfying as anything physical could be. Career ending injury is OK and could be somewhat satisfying in its own way, but just disgrace in public in the same manner that he disgraced and embarrassed the husbands in public was probably more fitting.

I'm torn as to whether this story by GA should continue to be told or added to but I do appreciate your posting and the unique way in which you wanted the couple's life to continue.

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 3 years ago

4* ... Decent version. Ellen getting burned with asshole Marc wasn't a problem, but a realistic recon still seems implausible after the disrespect shown by Linda. Yes, husband got his sexual confidence restored by Ellen, but there is still the problem of being what of what Linda did with Marc hanging over everyone's head. Realistically, in real life, this would be a divorce.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

A very good story. You were true to the characters. Another way to handle it would have been for him to live in the house until the kids left, but no love or intimacy with Linda; i.e. roommates. I agree with you that I personally would have divorced her, and probably done everything I could to destroy her reputation. Your solution on wrecking Mark was great. The only thing you missed was him ending his relationship with LW.

justwetwojustwetwoover 3 years ago

This is a tough one. First off: thank you for writing this. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great job!

I don't envy Linda and Jim. The loss of trust and the breaking down of the foundation of their relationship is brutal. I wouldn't bet money on their marriage lasting. At least they were trying.

Jack99Jack99over 3 years ago

"Get past" not "get passed"

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
So in the end you still keep the whore

With her husband. So in the end your story is just as bad as the rest. She cheats and his life is nothing but suffering till it dies down or they move away. This was just another cuckold story.

nestorb30nestorb30over 3 years ago

I think you nailed it and came up with a really good alternative ending. The inclusion of the Main Characters thought process was also well done

knoxhardknoxhardover 3 years ago
Hard to relate

The original GA cheating scenario is plausible. His solution? Not so much. Would an ordinary wife and mother humiliate her hubby for a chance at one night as a celebrity starfucker? Certainly believable. [IIRC Brigette Nielsen was married with kids when she sent naked pics of herself at Stallone to entice him into an affair.] Believable that a wife might throw herself at the celeb, so certainly believable that one who didn't start out looking for it might be seduced by the celeb. And perhaps even that she could be so struck by the starfucker slut ray that she would just walk off with him and abandon her husband. [see e.g. one story on this site, Thunderbolt, where she isn't even a starfucker]

LW shelling 2 grand every week so he can screw a hot escort? Ummm, sorry, but we're straining to swallow that. And I realize that Ellen was introduced by GA so johnadp can't be blamed for that. Just not sure that even LW (supposedly so wise) is shelling out that kind of money for hubby to bang an escort (or that anyone would think it was a wise course of action for trying to save a marriage).

For our celeb athlete to then marry that same escort? uh, no. We are now too far gone down the rabbit hole.

Still waiting for the story where a normal guy finds a way to handle this massive turd of a situation while achieving his goals in life. If he wants to be a dad 24/7, find a way to keep the marriage and his self-respect. Get some revenge on the asshole without the blowback hurting his kids. It's not an easy needle to thread.

But however it gets threaded, in real life it likely wouldn't involve: 1) making himself a flaming cuck on facebook, 2) executing a commando raid on the asshole's house, 3) banging a $2000/night escort for weeks and having the whore marry the asshole, or 4) GA's original wimpy path back to the marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

don't know why he went back to the slut should have just dumped her and made life miserable for Marc as he was just an asshole that did not have any respect for anybody the news story was a good way to get at him one of the other stories had all his charity drop him and that was a good one as well

jaythemanjaythemanover 3 years ago
Best Version

I liked this one and hope it is the definitive ending. I believe the characters were consistent and the husband's continued seeing of the escort was enough to drive home the actual hurt to the wife. Any reconciliation would have to be based on her genuine understanding and regret.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

Thanks for a well written ending. I didn’t agree with him outing Victoria but whatever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Oh damn....

he took her back! I hated what LW did to him. Here he thought he was again a "real man" yet he finds out it was ll a paid act. He did make Linda suffer so on one hand he evened things up a bit but in her case she really did have a once in a life time experience. His was made up and then crushed.

Still say in real life he would have been talking to a lawyer first business day after the marc evening.

timrivtimrivover 3 years ago

Just a horrible addition to the story, first hubby is humiliated once again by LW hiring a hooker for him. Was obvious as a beautiful woman would never act the way she did when she picked him up unless she was a hooker. The worst part was where he destroyed Ellen/Victoria to get back at Marc. He caused Marc’s meltdown that ended up with Victoria/Ellen to be beat up and lose her baby and not be able to have more children. Great revenge (NOT!) plus hubby was an asshole to keep seeing Ellen. His wife had a one night stand he did it over and over again. The guy was far worse than Marc in my opinion he almost destroyed his wife and he did irreparable damage to Victoria/Ellen. Disgusting. 0 stars.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Good job.

I think I've liked every version of this story, probably because the premise is so horribly painful.

I'll admit that I would have enjoyed it more if he had not cheated and if L.W. had not turned out to proposition Ellen. Those are boundaries crossed that make both characters rather sleazy and small. Still, some people are like that.

I especially liked this bit: "Dee, at one point, asked me to dance, but I just told her, "I pass." She teasingly pushed it a little bit with, "Come on Jim, take me for a spin out there." When I nicely declined her once again Dee said, "Come on, Jim!" Linda yelled at her, "Leave it alone, Dee!" To that Dee held up her hands and just said, "Okay, okay!"" I know that person! They are so damn full of themselves. I could punch Dee in the face and sleep very well that night.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 3 years ago

I've NEVER not finished a story. This was so bad I'm surprised I even made it to page two. I apologize for calling the last one the worst of these, but you must have said "hold my beer". Why do people have to FORCE the husband into the wife's bad decisions?!? please save your little morality tale for somewhere else. This wasn't erotic. At least cucks out there can argue a cuck story is erotic to them. This is by far the harshest review I've ever given and because you had four other people go before you and chose to write this version, it's every bit warranted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
well

Well, I have liked all the additions to this story. They story is so outrageous it screams for more.

I agree there would have to be alot to justify staying with her. She was cruel and publicaly destroyed her husband, all while ignoring any damage it could cause to her children.

I didnt like you basically turned him into her. NO! it takes a particular evil to do what she did. Doubtful he was like her. And really if he was someone needs to get those kids away from them both if real life.

Writing was well done, but end just wasnt justified for me and again turning him evil also didnt work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nah

Hopefully this is the last of this piss poor story.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 3 years ago

Thanks for the story but, like the original and all of the other versions the one thing that can't be overcome is Linda leaving with Marc.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 3 years ago

A worthy continuation, but it would have been nice if you could have gotten the original author's name, your editor's name and the bad guy's name correct. Call me picky.

Hooked

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

Wow this s is just VILE stupid offensive and completely irrelevant to the actual story in every possible way.

Not surprisingly given the way this asshole goes on and on and on about his opinions and ideas in the reader feedback… it' is no surprise that he would write a story that completely change sand alters the story from what actually happened.

As more and more of these alternate versions of this interesting story and Premise piles up you can count on this particular version being the worst of any of them over the months and years to come

The story goes off the rails almost immediately. The counseling sessions seem to be ridiculous from the very get-go but the idea of introducing the super hot woman in to the story and then the husband going off with the woman to spend the night simply destroy the entire premise of the original story.

That did not happen in the original story. What JOHNADP has written hereis s a totally new story that is not in anyway relevant to the initial February Sucks premise.

It's like saying suppose in the original story when the wife came home the next morning an enormous asteroid hit the planet Earth and blew everything up.

or suppose the next morning when the wife came home homeschooling the football player a large prehistoric monster from the Cretaceous. Attacked the household and killed everybody

Johnadp version of this story is just that ridiculous

There is no reason to read any further into this pile of garbage that this mental moron has put forth as an alternate version to February Sucks.

it's not even close to the same story it's not close to the same premise.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago
Over the top

She was with the asshole one night but he went with Ellen 6 -7 times and would have kept going if LW hadn't pulled his stunt. I think what Linda did originally was absolutely despicable but his response was way over the top. He should have just dumped her and moved on.

Alternatively, he could have shown some class and gone with Ellen but not done anything with her. This way Linda would have gotten a taste of her own medicine. And like a typical LW husband taken the high road.

Also, asshole's last name was not Lavelle.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
a better reconciliation ending

Well even if i'm still 100% against reconciliation after the stratospheric level of disrespect and humiliation she showed him in the original story, You did a good job into making the reconciliation process more believable, the ellen part in the original story was really bullshit and there is no way to go into reconciliation with that, but here it's far better, we see how he got some of his self respect back.

Really it's an amazing version, i think the original story should be edited and merged with yours.

Good job.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

No, this does not work for either. It is a case of reversing the onus from her to him.

Two things, I do not believe for one minute after what originally happened that the male character would be in the same room as Dee, Dave and Jayne. Their betrayal was acute as well. One would never speak to them again.

This story still does not adequately address the huge disrespect and humiliation shown by the wife to the husband. She still gets away with it.

Until we get a writer who gets the male lead to act as a normal man would act regards the ending to this story, it’s end remains unsatisfactory.

The old saw that one remains in the marriage just because of the kids does not cut it these days. This story would’ve ended in separation at the very least, in divorce at the most. That’s reality and we all know it. Allowing the wife to get away with her actions is not on in any MANs book.

IMHO, the best ending to date is still Hooked1957s.

But we still need another one that cuts the wife down to size in a big way, her humiliation and pain is needed.

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years agoAuthor
My Reaction To The Response To The Story

A lot of people didn't like that the MC got into the "mud" with Linda. That he also behaved badly. In my scenario, in about four months they start rebuilding back up again. I offer that he had hurt Linda as bad as she hurt him. Yes, she drew first blood, but he drew longer and more deeply in some ways.

Isn't a story where he divorces Linda, tries to screw her out of finances as much as possible, tries to destroy her reputation, tries to screw with her future, also getting into the mud? More importantly all those actions hurt the two very young children.

In a divorce, he would have at best been a part-time parent. Let's say somehow we pretend fantasyland and he gets primary custody, then two very young children miss out on a full-time mother. In the story he mentions that finances were a big issue as neither he nor Linda made a lot of money alone. So, financing two households would have also hurt two young children's well-being.

He also tells us Linda had been a great wife (for ten years) and mother (for four). That this one night was a complete aberration and not at all typical of her personality or values. Now if she was generally selfish, neglectful mother, then of course you want to keep the kids away from her as much as possible. But we are told that's not the case.

So, in a divorce, you have years of him trying to recover. He is still going to feel like a victim, just that he sort of got back at Linda for divorcing her, or the divorce signalling that he will not accept what she did. Well, in my story he did exactly that in spades, except that instead of years of recovery after a divorce, a broken home, innocent children suffering from one full-time parent at home and reduced finances, in my story they can start the healing after a few months.

He also learns a very important information. He found that that if the roles were reversed and he had done to Linda first what she had, she would likely had tried to make the marriage work. That's huge information in a situation like that. If your cheating spouse is telling you it wasn't that big of a deal, you never know if things were reversed if they would have tried to stay together. Life, unfortunately, is not an algorithm where we can run different scenarios. However, because of his actions he found out that she would put up with a lot to keep him and the family intact. That's invaluable information. He doesn't feel like a moron for trying to make things work.

Let's not compare this story against PERFECT. Perfect would have been if Linda declined even the dance with Marc, and certainly never went off with him. Compare this story to his alternatives. Divorce, where yes the wife his hurt, but so is he and more importantly his children. And that's likely for many years. I think in wanting retribution against the cheating wife, people lose sight about the true welfare for the MC, and who he cared about the most, his children. He got to do what a divorce would have done, and at the same time got to keep his family. And, yes, even a wife he tells us was a great wife for ten years, who now learned some very valuable lesson.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

I'm going to have to give you full marks.

Pretty damn good john.

You took a ridiculous premise and managed to turn it around satisfactorily.

L.W. came off as extremely slimy and Victoria didn't look very shiny either.

Great, actually the best, revenge on Marc out of all the stories.

I could have done with more information about the crappy friends and any fallout. I also could have used more in the way of how things fell with L.W. He came off as very unsavory and I can't imagine being friends with him still.

Not sure if that was what you were going for.

This is still the best sequel in my opinion. I liked the short that rewrote history to have the MC grab Linda out of Marc's clutches before he got into her cheating cunt but only because of the plot device.

I'm impressed.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Mmm..

Agree with most commentators, it was an ok story but enough follow on now. I think to forget about or now dismiss something you 'get past it' and if someone gives you a salt cellar at the table you 'get passed it'. Surprised your esteemed editor missed that red ink mark 😕

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

hooked, lol. Too funny.

BoytitsBoytitsover 3 years ago

Just did not work for me !.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well, I have to say

It is pointed out that George Anderson wrote the original story. However, he wrote a very cruel story something akin to his story Friday. Vandemonium1 wrote Saturday as a follow up. My take is that maybe Vandemonium1 needs to write a follow up to this one also. I am positive his would be violent and not so much into RAAC. Be that as it may, I liked this story. It was more believeable than the original. However, the friends didn't pay anything for their part. Thats where the stories lag. None of them had anything happen to them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
i liked it

And you're right, almost too correct.

Too many people call the 'BTB' crowd as unfeeling assholes, but that's a lie. Most are upset that the majority of us aren't down with lazy plot resolutions.

Cheating is a SERIOUS betrayal. It needs a long well developed bridge. And that's what you'v given us. Is it perfect? No. But I loved it. I loved that it was messy, I loved that it barely worked out for them. Because the reality that most RAAC and BTB (and especially cuck enthusiasts) people don't want to admit...is that reconciliation is a very rare and precious thing.

Cheating IS a serious thing. It's not some slip up. You take a metaphorical hammer to the priceless vase that is a marriage. Does time heal it? NO. Does sorry fix it? NO. It takes a fuck ton of time, it takes glue, it takes effort, and it is NOT stronger than it was before. It's EVEN MORE fragile. Maybe both people are aware of how fragile it really is now, and take special steps to guard it. And THAT is what you'v captured with this re-telling. So bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
few minor errors

"Get past" not "get passed this" but not a bad story. A little RAAC heavy but believable.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"Then Jim has his own temptation at the next outing with the four couple friends." - I don't believe the other four couples were there, which was ONE of the problems, that she didn't face the same humiliation. Also he was just tempted, he didn't follow through. Even if he did, it wouldn't be the same, because she had done it first.

/

"Linda turned her back on me that night and didn't care how much it would hurt me." - It was WORSE than not caring! She simply didn't even give it any thought. I think that if she had, she might not have done it.

/

You were going to stay true to George's characters, but is Jim said that he'd be tempted what wouldn't do what Linda did, yet here, at the first opportunity, he did!

/

Linda had ONE night, hit by the Celebrity Slut Ray, but he's having weekly dates with Ellen, presumably with malice aforethought.

/

She should dump his ass. The only reason he didn't dump her after Marc was because he didn't want to lose the kids. She doesn't have that problem, pus his offense(s) are worse than hers.

/

"We had both been unintentionally cruel" - No, only Linda was UNintentionally cruel, he was quite intentional in his cruelty.

/

@Powersworder Re: "Rubbing the affair with Ellen in Linda's face was a good way of making her suffer for what she did, but it still doesn't match the horrific way she humiliated Jim in front of all their friends. Linda knew she deserved his revenge affair with Ellen, so it just doesn't have the same devastating emotional impact." - I both agree and disagree. Yes, because Linda knew she deserved it it didn't have the same impact, but then Linda and Marc was just one night, while Jim and Ellen went on for weeks.

/

@hindsight2020 - Yes, I was going to make a similar comment, that Ellen being a set-up lessened the impact.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I abhor your comments to other stories: you always blame the husband for standing up for himself. Because of that, I was sure I would hate this story and looked forward to picking it to pieces. But I couldn't because your version is better than any of the others.

That's not saying much though. Anderson's original story was ridiculous, stupid really. Just plain stupid. Anderson writes her stories to humiliate the husband in every way possible. She can't have him saving himself through divorce though, so she writes all her husbands as wimpy whiners, incapable of fighting back or moving on.

In your version, the husband is a whiner until he meets the hot chick who wants him to abandon his wife for a night of debauchery. He does to his wife, exactly what she did to him; she feels the pain now. Honestly, it felt juvenile to me, this "tit for tat", trading punches kind of thing.

But he did it and it hurt her as much as she hurt him. Then you had him continue meeting with the other woman. Now he's as guilty as her, perhaps even more so. True, she started it and she's still the one who threw everything away for some orgasms. Seems stupid, doesn't it?

I didn't like any of the characters in this version either, but it's a much stronger, more realistic, story than what Anderson wrote, that's for certain. Both husband and wife have serious character flaws. Huge, serious character flaws. Like San Andreas sized character flaws.

All things considered, I liked your version of the horrible and stupid original story written by Anderson. 4 stars, and that surprises me, but it's deserved. Thanks.

trance00trance00over 3 years ago
Didn't like it

If the husband were a decent man, having gone through the pain his wife put him through, there should be no way he would be willing to put anybody, including his wife, through that pain. By doing the same thing, he put a rubber stamp on what she did, legitimizing her actions. He should have decided if he could get over it, if he could believe in his wife's remorse, and either dumped her or reconciled. I absolutely do not believe that no one could resist walking out on their spouse with a celebrity. Some people understand just how superficial beauty and fame are.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Possible, not probable.

The problem is, Linda is a beautiful woman. She can get all the cock she wants, and high quality cock at that. And we know already that if the mood strikes her she will go for some strange. So how can we believe that she sits home alone strumming her clit while her asshole husband is out fucking up a storm? I don't believe it.

He went from a one night stand to conducting an open marriage, and we are to accept that this recovering slut just sat at home waiting?

Too lame and contrived for me to swallow,

but thanks for the effort.

Flar1958Flar1958over 3 years ago
Well written

With a lot of inseen of thinking. But it is aiways the male side. We know old the action from Jim s side in MANY stories.

Someone in charge and bold enough to write from Linda s side?

skruff101skruff101over 3 years ago

The fantasy universe created by GA’s original story and added to by numerous others are full of characters that at best can only be described as morons and that is a disservice to morons.

The main protagonist is a weak willed gutless wonder. He is so easily manipulated that it is obvious he enjoys being a doormat.

So here we have another four pages and a few thousand words for the exact same outcome as the original. Okay he gets laid in this one, but he’s even manipulated in that as well.

The question this raises is, why bother?

The only reason to add alternative versions is if you’ve thought of better endings, sadly all the alternates end the same.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@Anonymous Re: "Possible, not probable." About Linda staying home while he cheats. Yes, I can see her guilt allowing him 1, maybe even 2 or 3 dates with Ellen, but when he continued she definitely should have gone out looking for some studs, maybe hook up with Marc again!

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years agoAuthor
@Hooked, @Dumbass AKA Harry In VA, & @SBrooks103X

@Hooked, true that. Gerald Anderson, actually I pulled the story after submitting it to add that GA gave me permission for the story, and then I fucked up his name. As far as Randi, in my emails back and forth with her she called me Mr. ADP, which I found hilarious. So, in my responses I kept on calling her Ms. 1958. I should have stuck with that so I wouldn't have fucked up her nickname.

@Dumbass HIVa, reread the original story. L.W. hires Ellen, and she approaches Jim in front of Linda on a night out. He agrees to leave with Ellen, except at the last minute Ellen tells him that she was hired by L.W. to tempt him so that he can see that he too could be tempted. HIVa, there is intelligence and there is wisdom. You have neither. I know dumb people such as yourself, but they are wise enough to limit their talking to try to hide their mental deficiency. You cannot become more intelligent; however, you can become wiser and hiding your stupidity by shutting the fuck up!

@Sbrooks103x regarding the extent to which he goes with Ellen. There are two reasons for that. First, you say his is intentional cruelty; whereas, Linda's was unintentional. I think his was unintentional as well because he truly becomes very enamored by Ellen. Now, the question is if Linda hadn't done what she did would he have been vulnerable to succumb to Ellen as he was? Probably not!

The second reason was that I thought for their marriage to have a CHANCE to make it and have a CHANCE to be a healthy one again, there had to be a balancing of the scales. And by that I don't mean revenge. I mean Linda took his power away, he had to get that power back. In my experience, no matter how accomplished women I've known have been they have always wanted their man to be at least slightly above them. They want to "look up" to their man. So, he had to get that power back in the marriage, not only for himself, but for Linda as well.

He also felt like a victim. He needed to not feel like a victim anymore. He also had a chance to walk in Linda's shoes. He saw how it was to be on that side of the fence where you can be really into someone and forget about everything else temporarily.

But most importantly he had to feel empathy towards Linda. You're one of the more hard ass on female cheaters, and I got you to feel empathy for Linda where you started feeling that she was wronged by Jim. That was intentional on my part. I told GA in my email to him (when I was asking for his permission) that I'm going to have Jim get in the mud to the point that many commenters are going to feel more empathy towards Linda.

I felt Jim needed to feel that empathy towards Linda for them to have a chance. He had gone from seeing Linda as this loving wonderful wife, to this cruel, disrespectful bitch. Then he hurts her; he was her victimizer. So, now they were both vulnerable because they had been hurt by the people that should have guarded their welfares the most. So, both can be genuinely empathetic to one another, and both knew how it felt to be the victim and victimizer. People come fall in love and get close when they allow themselves to be vulnerable to one another, AND where both can be compassionate towards one another. Linda couldn't see why Jim was taking it so hard, but now she did. And Jim no way was going to go from detesting Linda, if not already on the road to hating her, to feeling compassion towards her, if he didn't hurt her as he did. Victim and victimizer. Vulnerability and compassion.

How much was too much, and how much was too little? I definitely didn't think what GA did with was enough. Linda barely felt the pain that Jim was going off with Ellen and then she was told, just kidding; you can stop crying now. She had no opportunity to process it, to be at home waiting for him, to go through the many levels Jim would've gone through the night she spent with Marc. Would one night with Ellen be enough? L.W. thought so. The problem was Linda drew first blood, and there had to be accounting for that. So, after one night I don't think that would've been balanced.

Last point. A lot of commenters complaining about Jim getting so nasty with her. That he cheated too, and that made him no better than her. Yet, in all these other stories the same commenters would cheer if the bitch is killed off (Saddletramp's story is literally just above mine where he literally nukes the cheating wife and her lover and people seem to love it), left penniless in a trailer park, have her kids taken away from her even though she was a loving and good mother, or for her to completely lose her reputation and be ostracized by society. I know men that read stories in this category seem to believe morality is very specific to cheating, and that is absolute, but murder, taking children away from a mother, all those things are relative. Well, I think sometimes every human being, under the right circumstances has the potential to get in the mud. I feel Jim getting in the mud as he did was not only good for him, but in the long run it was good for Linda and their kids. Because by getting in the mud Jim could possibly have a healthy marriage again one day with Linda. With the way GA left it I can't see how he could. And a healthy marriage and survival of the intact family were what Jim, Linda, and the kids (even though they were too young to know yet) wanted.

FabGMxFabGMxover 3 years ago
Nop sorry...

The original story was a tough one even if the readers can perfectly predict the end since it was a story written by George Anderson. The part that broke the story for me was the end, so after the effort that they are put to get their marriage back on track, someone pulls a fast one Jim by "tempting" with Ellen and of course, the fact that he is awestruck by her looks and makes a fool of himself by a couple of seconds... Jim considers that moment as serious as his wife cheating so now that he "knows" how his wife fall and racking on his guilt he hill have a happy marriage.... NOPE.

In this story your double down on that premise, so of course Jim begins an affair with Ellen to try to get back his ego/selfesteem/manhood or whateaver, so Linda becomes the martyr who suffers the reject of the man he loves, Jim its depicted as an inconsidered bastard... why remains friends with the people that help her wife to cheat again?, the conclusion of the affair and the true behind that racks Jim with an inmense degree of guilt and grieve and so the husband returns to his wife and now the healing process can truly begings because two wrongs makes a right.

That whole logic its what usually makes not read RAAC type stories, because the authors rarely focus on the couple trying to survive the crisis event as a couple/marriage, you know pull real, honest and heartful efforts to regain their love and rather centers on one of the spouses getting pound to submission and take the cheating spouse back without the other part make genuine work for that. Its always the kids, the extended family, the friends, the life that they knew and get guilttripped for having the inmoral idea of leaving the cheating spouse.

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

It was a gut punch. Maybe I’m too old or parochial to understand how these two people (suspending disbelief ) could find a way back. Seem like that cheating period would forever be with them.

Given that, I think you did a great job giving us a plausible sequel.

Thanks

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@johnadp - "Now, the question is if Linda hadn't done what she did would he have been vulnerable to succumb to Ellen as he was? Probably not!" - It's your story, but I disagree. He's on record as saying that HE would NEVER do something like that, yet on the first opportunity he completely forgets his high-minded statement.

I do see your point about make her a more sympathetic character.

FirstBorn374FirstBorn374over 3 years ago
OH MY! carvohi

I knew this story "February Sucks" had legs. It had that dastardly feel from the start. Linda's betrayal is so totally blatant people would have to respond. This story compares with Troubadore's "How High a Price", another story with a sincere loving wife and a cruel betrayal.

I've been working on my own version of George Anderson's story, and it may reach Literotica in a week or so. We'll see.

So far all the sequels have been interesting. I hope mine holds some interest too.

The stark thing about all of them is the low scores. Mr. Anderson's should have been in the mid 460s. All the others would complement that. I know why it's been like that, and I'll bring it up when I post.

George has written a classic.

Jedd Clampett (carvohi/FirstBorn374)

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
First

LW still needs a boot in his ass.

MC should have told Ellen Victoria he was the one who outed her.

The choice was not binary between Ellen Victoria or his cunt of a wife. Pick another one. Or, at the very fucking least, dump the bitch when the kids are grown and gone.

kmreaderkmreaderover 3 years ago
Favorite So Far

Of the endings I’ve read this is my favorite so far, however I still find it difficult to see reconciliation when Jim was disrespected in front of all of their friends. I like how you posed the similar scenario where Jim actually walks away leaving Linda behind in front of the same group of friends rather then having a change of heart at the door and returning to Linda’s side. However, in my mind Jim could have followed through with leaving the venue but headed straight home rather than following through with his own affair. I think for this relationship to have any chance it would be important for Jim to make Linda see how it feels to be abandoned and disrespected in front of all your friends, while maintaining the moral high ground by making her “think” he was leaving to cheat on her when actually he just leaves and catches an Uber home early and is waiting for her when she returns to the house. I don’t know, maybe he strings it out by staying with another friend/family for the evening so she gets to experience the night in a lonely bed as well before returning, but I think he needs to be able to maintain the distinction that he never actually cheated. In my mind this is the only way I can see a path forward that leads to a very slim chance at reconciliation.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 3 years ago
easy way out

sorry I disagree with you. You make valid points about burning her and divorce, but that truly is the only path available for him. You took the easy way out by making him sink to her level thinking they both could rebuild from ground zero but nothing was fixed. You had two people that ended up having better sex with other people and were rejected from long term commitments from them. You don't think in the future if another opportunity arises, that one or both won't take it? please! No one has yet to find a creative way to divorce her, despite money being tight. Everyone has Marc bringing the bitch HOME the next day, WHY?!? Why wouldn't she still expect her husband to still be at the hotel for the weekend? He has more than enough time to leave and plan... My point being, of course the RAAC-route is the path of least resistance. You've given every excuse you could to level the playing field just so he could take her back! You don't have to go "nuclear" on her to burn her. Her choice did that. I'm sure additional follow up choices would only seal that choice. Again, my point being, don't take ALL criticism personal. Yes, I still think this was worst of them all so far because it was the laziest. To make the MC worse than the cheating wife just so they can both understand each other's hurt equally as the only path to restoration is ludicris. Don't worry, I'm sure you won't be the worst for long.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Just getting around to reading CaliJohn’s version of this popular story. Everyone knows by now that I’m a little simple, but I like every one of the sequels, including this take on the story. I agree that Jim needed the time with Ellen to get his mojo back after Linda’s betrayal. I don’t think that the revenge factor bothered him very much either. Seems old L.W. was a pretty smart old horn dog. I didn’t mind seeing Linda suffer at all. She just reaped what she sowed in a goose-gander sort of way. It worked well for the story and I was fine with the reconciliation. The two things I am missing are, Marc should have been clued in that one of the husbands he ducked had returned the favor. The second is that Jim should have have let Linda know that Ellen/Victoria was Marc’s wife.

John, your writing is improving every time you post. I enjoyed this very much. Also, I just finished a 10 day COVID quarantine in Scottsdale. Thanks for sharing a little of California with me every day. Hope you are well away from the fires. I’m going back to NC to work, at least it’s cool and green.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 3 years ago
Interesting enjoyable take

Good story!

Comments are even better!

Vickitvohio I really enjoyed your comment - well done! 5 stars!

You know a story is good when so many write it again. Even before the re writes when so many comments 100+ on The original story! EVEN more when there are so many comments on the re writes (I am sure this will reach 100+ as well).

GA deserves a reward for bring so many writers out - at least a mention in a category- most spawned story!?

To both authors (GA and johnadp) please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Crap

There's no forgiveness for what she did in the original. The disrespect and betrayal ate waaay too much. Divorce her and the friends who knew and thats the end . No acknowledgement of her existence after that no matter what

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years agoAuthor
@vickitvohio

Him doing what he did was not to "fix things." The fixing starts AFTER he comes back to her and tells her that he's back and that he dumped Ellen. What he did was so that he won't feel like a victim, he can see Linda compassionately, so that what happened that night with Marc will be minimized for him, so that he feels like while "she may have gotten one over him," he got one over her as well. Also, he found out that yes, he isn't a sucker for trying to make things work. That she would fight to try to keep the marriage as well IF he had been the one to cheat first. While he didn't cheat first, but he hurt her as badly, if not more, than her and she was willing to take it and to fight for the marriage.

And I totally disagree about him getting down to "her level" thing. Fucking other women, or in Linda's case other men in itself is not the problem. The problem is fucking other people while you're in a committed relationship deeply hurts your spouse and your marriage. So, as far as I'm concerned when she went off with Marc that marriage contract was broken. She cannot expect him to live up to the promises he made to her, when she didn't herself. So, he didn't go down to her level by fucking Ellen.

To me he did not cheat. There is nothing in the marriage vows akin to a "severability clause" in a business contract. A severability clause says if one part of a contract is found to be invalid doesn't mean that the rest of the terms of the contract are invalid. As far as I'm concerned when one spouse cheats that "forsaking all others" goes out the window until you make a new vow, and a new agreement again.

As far as my story being the laziest of the rest. Obviously, I'm biased but I think it's the least lazy of all the follow ups, and in my estimation by far. Divorce is the quickest and easiest choice. It's reacting. It's the laziest choice. That doesn't mean that it doesn't end up being the "right choice" in the end, but it's the easiest and laziest one. You don't have to fight to try to make things work. You're hurt and you run away from the pain and the person that caused it. Both Linda and Jim showed that they're truly committed to the relationship, because they were willing to take the pain and try to find a way to move forward together as a family. I'll be honest I would have most likely taken the divorce road, primarily because it would be the easier road for me. I have the financial means, my son is now 13 so a divorce would be a lot less impactful on him, and I'm very good at breakups. I had a lot of them before I got married. Trying to make things work with my wife if she pulled that shit Linda did would be a lot of fucking really really hard work.

Another lazy aspect, I felt about the other continuation stories, was that they had absolutely nothing to do with the spirit of the original. They were like two completely unlike objects trying to be smashed together. The characters had the same names, but they certainly didn't behave, talk or act or have the same goals as the characters of the original. I felt like they were all LW cliches being smashed into the original story, which was anything but an LW cliche. So, perhaps your perception of lazy is different than mine.

Like most readers I have a very hard time buying that Linda, as portrayed by Jim in the original, is capable of doing what she did. But GA's premise was that it was a one in a million situation ("a perfect storm" type of thing) where a combination of certain factors (her being at the cusp of attractive but never truly having been the IT girl, and the confidence that comes with that; coming off of a depressed month; motherhood and responsibility for ten years; peer pressure; chance to be with a celebrity and "perfect male specimen") created that one in a million situation. I thought that GA presented it as that one in a million temptation that most people are lucky enough to not come across in their lifetime. That Linda was not an easy cheat, and her behavior was completely unpredictable and unexpected by both Jim and Linda. Since GA is presenting it as a one in a million situation, in the investment world it's called a "Black Swan Event", so totally unpredictable based on a person's previous character, does that make enough of a difference compared to someone who cheats at a drop of a hat, or cheats for a much less of a reason.

So, in my story Jim asks himself with his whole 10 years of being a loving husband on his side of the ledger how could Linda choose to go off with Marc. A very valid question. But in deciding to divorce Linda Jim needs to ask himself on her side of the ledger she was a great wife and mother for 10 years, and fucked up REALLY REALLY badly for one night. Does that lead to automatic divorce or is there something in between that he can do to be able to stay married to her. I thought my solution was that in between one where they both torched the original marriage, and can start completely fresh from the same place. Obviously, a great many readers don't agree, but it's my story and I'm sticking with it :). Kidding aside I actually do believe if these two can make it after this then good on them. It's better than a divorce where four individuals, especially two very young children, would be worse off.

Finally, my goal was to create a mechanism which I thought was lacking in GA's story to get to where they can go from Linda leaving with Marc to them trying to work it out. I'm not saying that that's necessarily what Jim should have done. But that in my estimation I could see the potential of them being able to work things out. I just couldn't see them being able to do that the way GA put it out. That's all.

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years agoAuthor
@26thNC

IMO telling Linda that Ellen/Victoria are the sane person was an unnecessary truth. Let her think her man is studly and has potential with hot women. Helps keep her in line, but also let her think he chose her over Ellen. Good fir him, good fir her, good fir the marriage IMO.

Marc getting outed as a cuckold nationally, losing his wife, losing $12 million, his career and post playing career, a potential prison sentence and more money loss from the other law suit was not enough for you? Teasing, but he can actually think it’s one of the husbands. Don’t forget that the newspaper article that really got everything going mentioned three divorced couples that Marc had cuckikded. He could easily conclude that one or more of the cuckokded men for this whole thing started.

I hope your quarantining was a precaution and not because you got COVID. Although if you did it doesn’t sound like you got it bad.

On a different note NC looks like it’s going to be going to Biden. You may have to move to AL or MS.

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

I like this one. This is the ... hmmm, third, Yeah, the third alternate ending on the original story. Like all the others this was well done. I really enjoy seeing the different takes on this, as well as on other stories. Great job.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

CaliJohn, don't give NC away just yet. Dirty Cal Cunningham and his Californy Ho isn't playing well here. I'm sitting out a mild symptom, Covid positive quarantine here in sunny Arizona. This is as close to your cursed, Antifa ridden, West Coast as I can tolerate. Hopefully, after the much promised and often predicted "Next Big One" , my desert property may be beach front. Talk later, I need to fill out my three dog's absentee ballots and get them in. As a Democrat I've received quite a few extra that I need to ensure get counted.

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years agoAuthor
@26thNC

Well, you know us in Cali, we cheat in our votes by the millions. We allow undocumented aliens to vote here. Our pets, made up names, dead people. You do remember how trump caught us after the 2016 vote, don't you? I mean he appointed a commission on voter fraud which in 2018 exposed the millions of cheating and why he lost the 2016 popular vote by three million.

Oh, wait a second I was mistaken. That commission was unceremoniously disbanded in 2018 finding ZERO voter fraud. So, I wonder if trump is making shit up again so that when he loses he will just say it was voter fraud. Or is it possibly because he knows the Democrats are taking the pandemic much more seriously so are less apt to vote in person, so he doesn't want mail-in voting.

Here is the thing that is not comical, however. Trump just cares about himself, and doesn't give a shit about the country. So, watch what he does when he loses the election. Where in the past the losers have always conceded, congratulated the winner, and told their supporters to back the winner, trump will not do that. Because he doesn't give a shit about reconciliation or what is good for the country. To try to protect his ego he will burn the whole country down. I truly hope I'm wrong, because I think it's could get really ugly, and I'm not talking about the delay in counting the votes. I mean after it becomes obvious who won, trump (obviously if he loses) will say he lost because the Democrats cheated, and burn this country down.

YouamiYouamiover 3 years ago

The problem with generating many variants on the original story is that they tend to water down the intensity of emotional anguish Jim suffered at the hands of his slut wife and the NFL studly doofus Marc. I don't know about other readers but for me, the actions of Linda were reprehensible. They are no real justifications for what she intentionally did, just total disrepect and self centredness. I really think GA's version nailed it best. I guess emulation is a form of flattery but sometimes the original really is the best.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

CaliJohn,

This is an interesting discussion. I don't have your knowledge and insight on our political situation. I just know that I will ensure another four years of a Trump presidency in order to avoid the specter of a nation ruled by Nancy Pelosi, or the increasingly socialist wing of the Democratic Party. Someone of your intelligence can't possibly argue that Joe Biden, or Flipper Harris is capable of being President in today's world.

I don't think Trump is going to lose, but I agree that we're going to be in a real mess no matter what the election results show. Most likely it will go to Congress, and the Supreme Court. I would expect the President to be in office until a decision is made, you can't have a leaderless country, and then vacate promptly if Biden is ruled victorious. It's going to be bad news, no matter which way it goes. That's why a box of 9mm ammo goes for $60.00 on lline, and 5.56 is around $75.00. Fortunately, I stocked up during the Obama years and have enough to last a while. Seriously though,I am really scared of this election and what it means for my country. We may be too far gone to fix.

I'll leave the politics to you folks who are much more intelligent than I am. I'll stick to fighting Covid, I was called back to work in April, along with my wife. I'm in administration, while she is a Cardiac Nurse Practitioner and ICU director. I caught the bug working in a solo office, while she has remained healthy working with the sickest patients. I work while quarantined through the miracle of Zoom, monitored by the Chinese I'm sure, 6 hours a day. That's my life right now, alone here in Arizona. I'm going back home to NC next week to early vote, in person, and hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Best of luck to you John. Stay safe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I liked this ending far better than the original. Very well done!

The main problem I had with the original was the use of the silver bullet, Ellen, that did not fit with the value system of the main character, and led to a rushed, somewhat unsatisfying ending. I thought the story deserved better.

In this version the Instant-Ellen-Attraction is still there, and still does not fit well with the thoughtful, slow to react main character. But... At least it wasn't the quick fix-all silver bullet as in the original. Here the scenario plays out, and the main character is given time to develop and transform.

A minor gripe with the story:

"We had both been unintentionally cruel to the one person whose back we were always supposed to have."

That is neither true, nor does it (in my opinion) play well with the main character's moral compass. What they both did was intentional, and they both knew it would harm the spouse. So even if they didn't perform the intentional act for the purpose of cruelty, they were still being intentionally cruel to the spouse.

I also have my own ending banging around in my head, but sadly the literotica registration system is broken for me, alas.

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

Sorry this story didn't cut it for me, it felt like an extended version of the original with the same issues.

My main gripe was Ellen in the original where GA used her to bring Jim down from his moral high ground when it was unnecessary, he was already swallowing his pride by trying to make it work for the sake of the kids, this version is an amplified version of that.

L.W's plan was such a huge gamble that I think it should've gone completely wrong.

Imagine finding out that the woman you are falling in love with is only paid to see you (i.e. he is not attractive). She was lying to Jim for weeks. Jim's TRUSTED family friend is sleeping with her too. And she's in love with Marc who cucked him in the first place then gets cucked a second time because Ellen CHOSE Marc. That whole Jim cucked Marc was pretty stupid considering it's her job, not his attractiveness.

Realistically, Jim's confidence and faith in people should've been completely shattered. He would've sworn off women and become a recluse at that point.

rodryder44rodryder44over 3 years ago

Nice epilogue. Good alternate endin.

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago
Good enough, I guess.

This was well done enough for a good score, though I don't really care for the hubby's willingness to be shit on.

Only a stupid guy would not suspect something and cry "foul" during his first encounter with Ellen. OK- go fuck her, but being surprised that she was paid to do it? Come on man, it should have at least crossed his mind.

Same bat club, same bat friends, same bat time,

same batty scenario (ditching the spouse)

Holy betrayal Batman.

Is hubby going to leave Linda for Ellen?

Is commissioner Gordon gay?

Is the Boy Wonder fucking Batgirl's ass?

Wake the fuck up Jim, your wife still got off on Mark more than she ever will with you - go west young man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not the Way I’d Have Ended It!

The only response Jim should have had in the original story was to divorce the cruel,cheating twat! They’re out on their “special” night with their closest friends,the mood set for romance with the room reserved and she sneaks out with another guy she just met? Nope! Divorce!

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 3 years ago
Too Convoluted

Too many twists and turns. After what Jim did with Ellen there is no way that marriage would have lasted. However, the writing is good and the story compelling. I liked it.

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 3 years ago
Sometimes remakes are better...

With respect (not really) to the original author of this story, this version was far better and more believable. Too few of these stories the offending wife never "balances the scales" as it were.

helix247helix247over 3 years ago

Brilliant continuation of a classic tale!

I am a huge fan of GeorgeAnderson and all of his stories. February Sucks is maybe his most powerful and certainly his most-read story. I have read it several times and it hits me hard every time. His invention of the L.W./Ellen subplot toward the story's end was necessary to prevent the MC from being a wimpy cuckold.

But, I always felt that the MC's brief flirtation with Ellen was insufficient to erase the MC's feeling of victimhood. The Ellen episode felt rushed, as if GeorgeAnderson was working within a page limit.

In this continuation, johnadp has nicely fixed the flaw in the original story, while staying respectful and keeping the characters true to the original.

My only quibble is that I'm not certain whether it is really beneficial to the story to destroy the predatory Marc character. In a way it is too neat and provides a cheap thrill. But life isn't always fair and often the bad guys get away with it. But the fate of the predator is not central to the main emotional thrust of the story, which pivots on whether the MC and the LW can repair their marriage.

EgregiousEgregiousover 3 years ago

Yeah, I'm partial to a happy ending as well. Your ending statement "But Marc was a predator. He had no empathy for others." Perhaps, that's what made him a great football player?

smmhomesmmhomeover 3 years ago
You captured the essence of the problem…

“GA didn't build a bridge to where Jim could get … emotionally and psychologically capable of reconciling”

I have no problem with reconciliation stories, so long as they’re well-motivated. RAAC stories ask for acceptance of the unacceptable or grace without repentance. Successful relationships require mutual respect and some sense of balance. When infidelity throws a relationship out of balance a “bridge needs to be built” to restore some balance, enabling to germinate once again both trust and respect.

You did a great job of building a bridge to a plausible reconciliation here with Jim. Another good example from the LW’s perspective - Ohio did it well in the sequel to JPB’s Ari.

Well done. Much better than the original. Thank you.

KoxokKoxokover 3 years ago

Interesting turn of events and solution, glad I read it! ****

tizwickytizwickyabout 3 years ago

Why wouldn't he tell Linda that Ellen was Victoria? I would have thought that it was important for Jim to let Linda know that he was able to best Marc and make him a cuckold.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Checking back in with CaliJohn, rereading what is still one of the better sequels to Feb Sucks. You were right about the election, except for NC. Uncle Squint, VP Giggles, and the Socialist wing of my party have been victorious. They’re making a fine mess of things, especially the illegal alien problem, and destruction of the military. Only four months in and the country is a mess. I have nightmares about what’s coming next. Fortunately, most of my guns were inherited or purchased off the books, so Beto won’t find them or my ammunition. I’m sure the tax hikes will hurt, and increased gas and food prices will be a burden also. I’ll check back in six months to see how we’re doing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I agree that this was a better way for things to happen for a reconciliation to take place.

juderboyjuderboyalmost 3 years ago

Working things out is far more difficult than walking away. I like the way you portrayed Ellen in this story. I have had the misfortune to meet two such women. I got so lost in them that I lost everything, twice. They were both amazingly nice women, but they placed me in a spell that I couldn't fight. But I found an even strong antidote, my wife. Why she took me back I will never know, but well

will be dancing together on our 50th very soon.

good story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"Myself I cannot imagine staying with Linda or any wife that would cheat on me, much less disrespect me the way Linda does in the story. Just not in my DNA. But interestingly when I read LW stories I often am happy when the couple reconcile."

I fully relate to this, in fact I'm a little bit jealous when a protagonist is able to rebuild a life with his wife (if she deserves it nd is truly remorseful like in this case). I just know I couldn't do it. I couldn't live with myself. Even with Linda who took her penance like a champ, I don't know. I honestly don't know that I could move past it. That's probably why you should just never cheat.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

Very competent sequel. Interesting to make his temptation even deeper than hers. Sometime you over balance the scales

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Dear @Johnadp

I don't know how I came to read your version of February sucks last after reading all the others but I wanted to tell you, this is hands down the BEST version of the story by quite a distance. To be clear I loved the original, I even liked that it had a happy ending but in reality I knew that edning would never work. Staying for the kids never works, it just doesn't and the reason was explained best by LW, "You wanted to make your marriage work, but your self-esteem was shot; you didn't know where you were coming from, nor where you were going. I really felt you were just spinning your wheels trying to make your marriage work...I really thought that without the scales being balanced it was always going to gnaw at you, and you were going to be bitter, miserable, and make Linda miserable. And you'd have two kids being raised by two miserable parents"

His plan was so good even Linda indirectly admitted to understanding what she did here, "Even when you are with me the rest of the week, your mind's with her. I catch you staring at the wall, with a far away look, and then you get a smile on your face remembering something. You've obviously learned a lot of new bedroom skills from her, and even though four months ago I probably would have appreciated them, I hate every single one of them now"

George Anderson's ending would never have worked, yours stands a good chance. Thank you for writing this story

not_a_viking_honestnot_a_viking_honestover 2 years ago

Interesting, story. Not really the end I liked but I enjoyed the crowd heckling Marc.

Frankly, I probably would have beat the shit out of the old dude for setting something like that up, especially if he also was banging Ellen. I'm tempted to say I'd go after Ellen if she swore off the other shit right there and then, but honestly don't know.

I don't think the situ between Ellen and Jim is at all the same as between Marc and Linda. Jim left with Ellen when the foundation of his marriage had already been breached.

Overall, the outcome leaves me unsatisfied on behalf of Jim.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Now this is An awesome take on that initial cuckold story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story but who’s Gerald Anderson?? Lol! Five stars for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great writing…and one of the better (of many) sequels to George Anderson’s story. Five stars ⭐️ for this one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Interesting and well written variation on the original, but I can't help feeling that Jim's actions were far worse than his wife's. I suspect that he would have happily deserted his family if Ellen had asked and I'm not sure how Linda would have responded if she had known the real reason why he stopped seeing Ellen. He may have to live with a cheat, but she has to live with a cheat and a liar. I know who I think has the most to fear.

LA

Ocker53Ocker53over 2 years ago

You have done an excellent job with this well worn story, I gave you 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

To those commenters who have not read George Anderson: Do so, now! Also Richard Gerald's "Another Love". A large chunk of the stuff at Literotica is sorely lacking. BUT there are some true literary gems.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous