All Comments on 'February Sucks - Prelude'

by chymera

Sort by:
  • 83 Comments
Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969about 2 months ago

interesting change to the story.

LechemanLechemanabout 2 months ago

And Dee gets away again! Sheesh!

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 2 months ago

I hope there comes a sequel to this version

darien1971darien1971about 2 months ago

done to death. nove on. be original.

Carioca_ManCarioca_Manabout 2 months ago

Chimera, in short, brings what might have been missing, even in GA's original work. In other words, the true side of the bitch that was Linda.

By proposing previous meetings with Asshile Marc, and presenting some details, Linda's motivation for the night with her "friends" became clearer.

I would put it as follows:

This work, the original by GA and lastly, the version in which both Marc and Linda have their brains blown out by a Jim who is completely out of his mind.

I would say it would be "Linda's Slut Trilogy".

But that's just my opinion.

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMomabout 2 months ago

1 star done to death!!

JH4FunJH4Funabout 2 months ago
Not bad

This was a good prelude. It gives a different take on the tales potential causes with the actual tale being one result.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

irinmikeirinmikeabout 2 months ago

Twisted the reason for George Anderson’s reason for writing the master piece in the first place way out of proportion. Just doesn’t fit at all.

AccelarVesterAccelarVesterabout 2 months ago

I have always thought that this type of setup for the big night was about right. Others have written something similar. My only suggestion would be to have Linda confront Jim as she was leaving with Marc instead of sneaking out. After all her betrayal would become public so why not be upfront about it.

AmbulAmbulabout 2 months ago

Very well written and very believable. In GA’s original story and in other versions I commented that the instantaneous transformation of loving wife to horny slut was not completely believable. But it did provide the basis for the original and all the subsequent ending versions, as it was never clear whether Linda was a slut or not. Everything seemed to hinge on whether or not she felt remorse and shame for what she did or just felt bad for hurting Jim. Given this prelude, by the time of the dinner both Linda and Dee were complete wanton sluts and were shamelessly fucking the football players behind their husbands’ backs without a second thought. Given this prelude, it would be harder to reconcile, even if Linda was truly remorseful for what she had done. In fact, given that she seemingly had given her body and soul to Marc, the marriage was already toast by the February dinner. I like this story, but preferred the original version, even with the inconsistent and less plausible behavior by Linda, which made the outcome much less predictable.

tizwickytizwickyabout 2 months ago

This was an excellent prequel that presented a mostly plausible explanation of how and why Linda could do what she did to Jim and her family. It never really rang true to me that Linda or any other supposedly happily married woman would spontaneously run off with a complete stranger without there not being some type of previous involvement and cheating. Well done 5 stars.

robinhodrobinhodabout 2 months ago

I've lost count of how many times I've submitted that we DON'T NEED any more 'Sucks'.

Nonetheless, this is a valid attempt to explain the unfathomable, so I gave it a 4.

AmbulAmbulabout 2 months ago

To repeat myself, I think the original version by George Anderson focused on the inconsistency in his character of Linda. This is what gave his story its power and made the outcome unpredictable, thus allowing for various versions to emerge. If her character was consistent, and Linda was fucking Marc well before the February dinner, there would have been much less drama and tension. In this case she was clearly an adulterous and shameless slut, and any professions of “love” for her husband would have been lies or obviously compromised beyond belief. after all. This would have made Jim’s decision much easier and greatly reduced the emotional anguish and tension in the story.

FaceForRadioFaceForRadioabout 2 months ago

I think the original premise revolved around the Martian Slut Ray concept of how a heretofore faithful wife could abandon her husband on a whim. This version is probably more realistic. I agree that one other change would be for Linda to have it out with Jim rather than sneaking off. That would make an RAAC nearly impossible and Jim could go on and Linda would get dumped for a new model by the start of the next football season!

FaceForRadioFaceForRadioabout 2 months ago

Really liked this take !

mndhanson017mndhanson017about 2 months ago

You say that you couldn't see her running off with a guy she just met, but literally made a prelude where she just met the guy and began running off to him, starting her affair with him that has been going for months, I guess, believing Dee destroyed her marriage to Dave, while not thinking about her own?

Pappy7Pappy7about 2 months ago

Was an interesting change to the story and is more believable than a Martian Slut Ray. It does make Linda a bigger piece of shit than before and an extreme waste of breathable air. Sadly though you also made Jim a more pitiful character, soft body and fucked like a woman. Wonder where this is going, if anywhere?

CelestialFalconCelestialFalconabout 2 months ago

Nope, if it went down in this fashion then it would have remained clandestine. What’s needed in this particular scenario is an explanation of why/how Linda came to believe there would be no impact on her marriage for abandoning Jim and walking away with Marc ... an explanation for the transition from clandestine to “in Jim’s face”.

.

This particular scenario also presents a Linda that is dissatisfied with Jim, and might just conceivably abandon him entirely without returning to her marriage and family.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The whole point of GA’s original story was several “normal” married declared they’d go with a celebrity stranger and tell their hubbies to deal with it.

MsDirectorMsDirectorabout 2 months ago

Okay, you took it in a new direction, she clearly doesn't care about her family. Finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

When will there be a story were he throws her out and says that was the worse sex he ever had? Or give her husband some money and say "get yourself some good pussy". Or gangbang her in front of her husband in the bar. Or throw her out in the middle of the ghetto.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 months ago

It would have been better if the author @chymera just made an original story as this was already far from the original premise of GA's story. Well written though as the authorr is a good talented writer.

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 2 months ago

The only common elements between the stories are the names. In no way is anything from the original explained. FAIL.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

That puts a new twist on the story and many good writers will now want to do a new sequel with your story and George Anderson's "February Sucks" combined as the premise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

with this story , all the others make sense. It WAS an ongoing affair not a spur of the moment decision.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

An interesting prelude, one that sounds feasible. Well done, although this story has now been followed up to death.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Wonderful writing, as always!Be that as it may, Omegaman56, had it right-shoot the whore and her master...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Besides being criminally unoriginal, it also makes no sense as a prelude. It’s destroys every reason people develop their obsession with this story because it turns Linda into nothing but a paper cut-out cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I should note that in several variations of "February sucks", the topic of a preliminary acquaintance or a love affair between Linda and Mark has already been considered. But this does not fit into the outline of the narrative of the main story. In the original, Linda herself did not fully understand her behavior that evening. Lavalier also absolutely shocked Linda's world that night of the sexual escapade. And finally, having such power over her, what made the lover go into the shadows, and not tease and mock her hubby even more, since now Linda's adultery has been revealed? All this does not fit in with their love affair until that iconic evening on February 29th.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I thought long and hard a out two stars or three. I am going with three, even though it is damn close to two.

What the hell. Two stars for a pretty yucky tale.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Just turns the original into a million others.

SunnyU2SunnyU2about 2 months ago

Nope

George's story is Linda is suppose to an actual loving faithful wife. That part of the betrayal. Not February Sucks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

eh, not bad for a short, exploring she was cheating before THAT night.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 months ago

Too much revisionist history. If this is true, then GA's ending is false.

\

"Linda couldn't have her husband hurt." - Jim would never be hurt. If Marc laid a finger on him, he'd be suspended, arrested and sued.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 2 months ago

I must be going completely nuts. I'm sure I read this about 6 - 9 months ago???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Though somewhat different to the regular follow-ups, I enjoyed it, even if it doesn't exactly follow the original story beginnings. But this was beforehand. However, it's hard to think of Linda being fucked by Marc & his friends before that Feb. night. Possibly Marc alone, as described, but the rest doesn't play out to me. Being the type of wife she was, I can't swallow that. However, it at least partly shows her reasons for being "off" during much of the month.

>> Bring Dee along at times? OK, then he could have a teammate or 2 as an extra. It could also merge somewhere in the beginning group talk as nobody's aware of the adulteries. I did expect Linda to tell Marc that she'd be at the dancehall that night, maybe make preparations for the escape; however, your insight fits.

>> Good, interesting story. 4 stars. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

For you this was very poor. Most disappointed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Does everyone and their dog hsve to kerp on wigh this shit?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I think it was well conceived and well written. I voted it high based on quality of execution, but the content of the story is too much for me.

1. The notion that he’d been bedding her for months and had loaned her out to teammates for group sex trysts in which Linda was enticed to compete with Dee involved while keeping Jim utterly clueless just isn’t something that I can buy. I cannot suspend my disbelief that way.

2. If Linda was that much of a slut, and that displeased with her experience with Jim, why would she want to stay with him? The only plausible answer is the kids.

If Linda wanted to continue her affair with Mark and his teammates, yet was forced to stay with Jim for the sake of the kids, why would she “out” her affair with LaValliere at the club? Jim taking notice finally in the club would cause Linda to lose the kids and her trysts. No matter how horny she was for Mark, she wouldn’t want her affair to be exposed then and there.

If Linda had been carrying on such an affair with LaValliere, she probably would have been horrified that Marc approached her in front of her husband, and would endeavor to try to hide their connections. A conflict between Linda and Marc over whether or not to allow Jim to know of their relationship while on the dance floor would actually have been an interesting way to go in this. LaValliere could threaten to spill the tea to her husband. She could threaten to out his deviant lifestyle to the media. They could negotiate a solution where they escalate their affair to the next level. Then, Mark leaves the club and Linda goes back to Jim and they have the night he was promised. Jim thinks he’s “won” and that Linda was faithful.

JRandyJJRandyJabout 2 months ago

What's the point? Many of the spinoffs of this tale I've enjoyed, Not this one. 2*

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 months ago

Good job on a set up story. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I completely agree with 'Irinmike' that this deviates way too far from the original premise and intention of George Anderson. The conflict that Mr. Anderson carefully constructed was one of two very loving people and the incongruous manner in which Linda left Jim, not that she was a wanton slut. Your story could have merit as a totally alternative stand alone story with several of the wives living like a pack of whores merrily cuckolding their husbands repeatedly but that was not what Mr. Anderson intended in his story and what made his story so compelling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It sort of destroys Anderson’s story. Not instantly seduced, but a long seduction.

That’s not the appeal of the original

Fail,

Add to the story. But don’t make it as mundane as you did.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 months ago

Made a horrible story even worse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The reason GA's original version is so compelling is because it doesn't do this to Linda's character. What Linda does is unfathomable. This version just makes her a stupid gang bang slut, and is completely inconsistent with the original.

AileyInnAileyInnabout 2 months ago

This is certainly a recurring saga. All of them make Linda the pariah that she deserves to be. I read it and gave it 5* as this another contribution to a sad tale. God help Linda if she had done this to je…

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 2 months ago

That made sense of how she could apparently suddenly decide to leave with Marc.

Rocky62Rocky62about 2 months ago

Bit long for loverboy scumbag to tap the same pussy, challenge is gone

katibkatibabout 2 months ago

Pretty poor. What you failed to do in this imaginative prelude to disaster was to provide a valid or believable reason for Linda to deviate from her character as George Anderson depicted her.

cyendreycyendreyabout 2 months ago

Not the firdt author to post a story that was based on an already ongoing relationship between Marc and Linda. Be a happily married man, I find that preferable to thinking Linda could just torch everything for a stranger regardless of who he was.

In another story, an author put it best - there is no such thing as “it just happened”. Sex/intimacy is high risk behavior even when infidelity isn’t involved. It requires contact, touching that gradually becomes “more”, suggestive conversations, etc that all pave the way to that ultimate act of intimacy.

That was the fatal flaw in the original story - and no I don’t care what a bunch female coworkers “said” they would do in a BS session in GA’s prologue. Because, unless they are sociopaths, it was in fact BS.

While GA’s tale obviously struck a nerve, given the number of alternates ending there have been, IMO neither of the MCs in his original have much in the tool shed, so to speak.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Sorry, but the one good thing about the original February Sucks was the premise. The story didn't fall apart until after she slipped out the back door. If you're going to change pretty much everything but the character names, why not make up some new names and write a story that is completely yours?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This story makes Linda a selfish, deliberate slut who doesn’t communicate with her husband. Why the hell doesn’t she tell Jim what she really wants - to be pounded and fucked brutally. The cliche is that women communicate and men are all uptight and uncommunicative, but women like this version of Linda (and so many others in the Loving Wives section) sure put the lie to that cliche. I think this Linda’s calculated selfishness and devious disrespect for Jim would have thrown many warning signs Jim’s way and he would not have been so surprised by the events at Morrison’s. So this was a good try, but for me it rings hollow. Sorry - you actually write well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The original was stupid, even to believe that Jim would have stayed with Linda in the first place, especially with the way she describes her night with Marc and leaves Jim as a pathetic cuck that will never live up to her well bragged about cheating. Even for the sake of the kids is so stupid, like the kids won't recognize issues with their parents? Kids aren't stupid! The original was no masterpiece and every follow on is just as much crap. GA is probably laughing at all the stupid people in love with this dumb ass story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Many thanks for the backstory! Well written, to the point, and meshed well with GA's original. 5 stars.

lAnatomistelAnatomisteabout 2 months ago

No More.

The only FebSucks story I want to read is one set in The Shack - say Spooky and Pogo???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Just confirms the Martian Slut Ray plot device. She sees a handsome man and suddenly begins the process to become his promiscuous slut. And of course this radical cruel soulless betrayal didn't affect her personality, her attitude, her manners and behaviors . . ., nothing. She had become Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, without any outward evidence.

\

There's a reason psychotic people are interviewed by psychiatrists. In a few hours of discussion the lunatic reveals himself. Jim lived with this brainless unethical immoral whore, for years, and he couldn't tell what a piece of dog shit of a woman she was? OK, Fine, then Jim deserved Everything Linda did to him. Maybe next time he'll pay a little more attention.

GardenshedGardenshedabout 2 months ago

Sorry, 1⭐️, not even worth saying anything. Just stupid. You are better than this…..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

No one cared what led up to their meeting the only thing that matter was the aftermath. Wasted effort.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 months ago

Maybe getting tired of this story, but this one doesn’t do much for me other than make me hate the Linda character even more. At least her cheating is out in the open and Jim can burn her ass.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 2 months ago

This was actually a pretty good prequel to Feb Sux, as it did present a believable setup for the somewhat unexplainable desertion by Linda in just about all of the other stories in the Feb Six multiverse.

4 stars for what I thought was at the least a rare variation of the beginning of the story.

slowhand21slowhand21about 2 months ago

Didn’t think I could hate Linda more than I already did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Looks like she stepped put of character in exactly the same way, just sooner and in a different venue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

And....??????? Not a 750 word story so why didn't you finish it? And all the angst and soulmate stuff that is in the original is out the window with your scenario. The marriage was already over if Jim finds out about that and it is almost impossible that he wouldn't learn. Your premise also blows Anderson's original story away in another way: his premise was that any woman would choose a celebrity stud for one night even if hubby were there for the thrill and novelty of a celebrity, but that they would all go back to hubby because they loved him. Here, she no longer loves Jim except as a meal ticket and nanny for her children. So all the angst abt reconciliation, "it's just the same old me shit" is out the window. In that case, does Jim kill her, LaValliere, himself? Does he snatch the kids and hit the road? Does he wallow and whinge in misery making a fool out of himself because like it or not, Linda hung the horns on him for months. But as this stands, nada, zero, nothing. I hate to score itas a 1 or 2 so I'll hold off on the hope you will have a sequel to the sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

3chapters of the same crap over and over.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

All the author has achieved here is to make Linda even less believable and more reprehensible than she was in GA's version. Add in anal sex as some sort of sacred prize that all men value above all else and you complete the set of worthless cliches that make this story a non starter.

JR

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Of the many things you could have written you chose to go to this overworked old crap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It was an okay "back story" that did align with GA's story, but that's it. Like 26thNC said it makes me hate Linda more if this was going on in the background. I liked that it was a short,quick read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Original.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I think you fail to understand that one of the reasons, if not the primary reason, George Anderson's story resonates with so many, is the fact that there is no back-story to explain Linda's actions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It’s my new hobby. 1-bomb every story that has the word February in the title. No need to even read them!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Complete waste of time. Thank god it was short. Why would you even think this was a good story when in reality it isn’t even a story at all.

BehindbluisBehindbluisabout 2 months ago

Wow, Anonymous really likes to trash LW stories. I am one who appreciates the effort you took to write it. Maybe some like it, maybe some don't; but you did put forth the effort to write a different point of view. Anyway, Anonymous is so disappointed you need to give him his money back. Thanks for the entertainment. I know its not a real constructive commentary for you to use to improve your skills but I figured you had been tied to the whipping post long enough.

James G 5James G 5about 1 month ago

Makes more sense than the slut ray.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 1 month ago

Well didn’t rewrite the original only added explanation to it! Definitely made it much worse since wasn’t first time which I believe the George Anderson said it was but no matter. This story has more merit to explain and makes his vengeance more meaningful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

This story does not alter George Anderson's original story. From Jim's viewpoint, it's the same. He doesn't know Linda's prior affair with Marc, and is caught totally unaware. He would think it was their first meeting.

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

I don't understand why Linda is worried about her marriage since she had an ongoing affair with Marc.

MigbirdMigbird17 days ago

Agree with you about the premise of the original storyline not to mention knotholes and splinters. Like your sassy wit.

AmbulAmbul17 days ago

This prelude makes everything else inevitable. Her marriage is over; Linda wants to be with Marc. No thought to her husband or her kids. This undermines the whole point of GA’s story, namely that her February liaison with Marc came out of the blue. This prelude provides a version that makes her a long-time cheating slut. Nowhere as interesting. Well-written, however, and I do like lines like “errant wife.” The author is having fun with his character, in apparent grinning anticipation of the catastrophe to come.

chasbo38chasbo3817 days ago

This "prelude" destroys the basic premise of the original story.

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

Wow, that was so bad, I mean what's the point of creating that prelude when it doesn't relate to the original only with certain names, thank you lord there isn't a sequel to this particular story from this writer.

What really niggles me is though this is well written its just a fake, a copy of a once great story, altered by a wannabe writer. Maybe it's time you either put your pen away and did something else, or grew a pair and wrote your own set of stories that are original in all aspects and not cloned, copied, or ripping of someone else's creation.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous