All Comments on 'February Sucks: Same Old Me (3of4)'

by Cockatoo

Sort by:
  • 176 Comments
VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyne3 months ago

She finally heard that the music had stopped, finally tasted that the honey was sour, and finally eyed that the magic had died. Five stars.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim993 months ago

She finally understands! I don't see why Jim kept trying after the threesome. He should have just thrown up his hands and handed her the divorce papers.

InfosaugerInfosauger3 months ago

I had to lough at the scene with the dog. We have small dog who sleeps in our bed. During holidays my sister takes care of him and on the first day she told us the dog won’t sleep in her bed. Well, that lasted half a night because he jumped up during the night and since then he sleeps in her bed too every time he stays with her.

rflikeslitrflikeslit3 months ago

I think this an outstanding written tale of disintegration of a marriage, heart wrenching sadness and dispair ….. extraordinarily sad!

RePhilRePhil3 months ago

Professional writing. The dialogue separates this from every other rendition of FS. I like reading the comments as well, not so much the annony’s. So far it’s an even split for him becoming either a divorcee or a Widower. Very few for RAAC (Reconciliation At All Cost) and zero for WACC (Wimp Ass Castrated Cuckold). My vote is divorcee. Not a fan of violence nor cuckolding, he is only a willing cuckold if he takes her back, especially after the follow up fucks with her boyfriend. And yes he meets the definition of boyfriend leaning towards lover

CharetteCharette3 months ago

one of the best versions for FebSucs

payenbrantpayenbrant3 months ago

Spoilers:

So much of a better ending than the original story. Even in the end, she understands all of the damage she has done, but still is not sorry for the act. It's amazing to me how many times one can say they are sorry...yet miss the point of it. I am so glad she is signing the papers. I hope that by the end of this 4 part tale she does realize how wrong her actions were and that she does take steps to work on herself. True Revenge does not come from beating someone down ...but from change. To cause a change to happen in someone.

If Linda is able to change, to move forward and become better as a human, as a woman....? That is the ultimate revenge that Jim can have over her. For if she becomes better, she may one day marry again. Maybe even have a few more children. She can continue and grow.

Also she will remember. She will remember the destruction and pain she caused. If she has changed and become a better person then that will burn in her heart, in her soul. That bit of pain she will never be rid of and will gently haunt her the rest of her life. It will be silent and almost benign. Like her own shadow.

Only when the sun is out and everything is bright around her then she will see it, ever present and always attached to her wherever she goes. A reminder of the stain, scars and pain that she has wreaked upon the people closest in her life. She will remember how abusive and selfish she was.....

Then she will push past it and be the best person she can be and put it out of her mind. She will move forward and do good for others.

Yet in the quiet hours of the morning, before the sun comes up she will remember the things she has done again. Gentle reminder after gentle reminder....

That is the best BTB....not physical assaults or putting people in the poor house. It's giving someone a conscience and letting them slowly torture themselves. We as humans are the best at hurting ourselves. For we know our own strengths and weaknesses. We are our own worst enemies in that regard.

Sorry to ramble so long. Hope everyone enjoyed this take done by Cockatoo. I certainly did. I look forward to what they write in the future.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

NKKMDNKKMD3 months ago

I must say there’s a lot more intellectual and spiritual examination when the plot isn’t ‘I took ma guun an’ put dem in da grround!’

Intrigued_byeIntrigued_bye3 months ago

And here is where the story begins to go off the rails. What at first was an excellent dive into how the couples of that first fateful evening reacting and behaved. The explorations was wonderful. It was an illustration of the preamble in the original story. Something sorely missing in most others of the plethora of February Suck tributes. In parts 1 and 2 the author hewed to that exploration. One of the very interesting sideline developments was the relationships of Helen and especially Rose. Rose who seemed ambivalent. Helen who learns to her what was apparent horror where Jim stood and how he felt. All of a sudden no discussion, no delving into why or how but Helen and Rose end up on the fateful second night and voila, they're gone. Note to husbands. "suckers" and all the characters are discarded. Now instead of sticking to his original premise of exploration he takes off on tangents and new characters. Perhaps it will be addressed and resolved in chpt4 but at this point the story arc points downward.

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamore3 months ago

Best version of the story, and I will finish it - but damn, going off on the anti-Christian version of the Crusades to hit up the minutia of the etiology of Chevalier? The Crusades were a defensive counterattack, one infused by competing religious traditions - not simply "white European bad."

I hope this PC tendency is just the "anti-colonial" learned falsity, and not the full woke agenda.

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamore3 months ago

Ok, got to page 6, neet exegesis on Linda's come to Jesus moment at the Counselor's office - but even the counselor has to see this marriage is done.

DreddrasDreddras3 months ago

Very much enjoying this version. Definitely a 5 star piece. HOWEVER, I don't love the fact that Linda (a) plans to put herself into ML's path (multiple times) and (b) that she goes back to the well and has a clandestine 3-way. It's just too much, too over-the-top cartoonishly, consciously selfish of her. In the original, her betrayal was spontaneous, a 'lightning bolt" event. There's more dramatic tension if it's a one-off thing. If she goes back to the well like this, the conclusion (divorce) is foregone.

GreyMatter46GreyMatter463 months ago

Another homerun. thanks

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight3 months ago

After three chapters and thousands of words, I still don't know what his endgame was. What did he want to happen. If Linda had been more contrite, would that have made him happy? What was his actual goal with Linda?

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi41043 months ago

This is a masterpiece. Well done.

demanderdemander3 months ago

This is really long. This story has Linda as truly a monster. It's interesting, as the story of a narcissist. But the characters are different. (I don't rate multi-part stories until the last one.) D

francemanfranceman3 months ago

Personally, I think this has gone too far.

Initially, in GA's story, Linda's fall seems random and spontaneous.

I really liked the twist and the originality of the discovery that it had been more or less researched, more or less premeditated by the group of wives.

And you aptly named it: a winning lottery ticket for the one chosen.

For one night, just one night........ was GA's introductory debate.

So far, so good.

Even if the premeditated nature of the abandonment greatly increases the grounds for grievance against Linda.

But for her to meet him several times, then arrange a threesome with Dee seems completely outside the original premise.

At this point, I don't understand how he can hesitate to ask for a divorce and why the continual questioning.

gatorhermitgatorhermit3 months ago
L-o-n-g but interesting version

I liked the intervention with Alison. And adopting the two dogs. Interesting that the counseling didn’t really go anywhere. I think that the answer to HDKs questions is that Jim’s endgame is getting the kids raised up. I am guessing but predict that either Jim or Linda or both of them will meet somebody and move on in the last chapter.

dragonmann72dragonmann723 months ago

>After forty minutes of paperwork, a hundred and fifty-six dollars, a trip to the pet supply store for two crates, two dog beds, bowls, collars, tags, harnesses, leashes, and one fuckload of two different kinds of dog food all totalling another three hundred dollars, the six of us were back at my house unloading my impossibly overstuffed car and showing our two new family members their new fur-ever home.

Not being a math major, Jim + Emma + Tommy + Sven + Elizabeth = Five, Linda didn't come into the picture until after they had everything unloaded and they were all in the house.

MormonJackMormonJack3 months ago

Awesome. Thank you so very much! Looking forward to the next chapter, though it seems to be at a great stopping point right now.

I see several of my favorite authors commenting below, mostly that this has been too long. I don't think so. I wondered: if I could have been a friend of Jim's, enough of a friend that he would talk to me and really share what he is feeling, how long would those conversations have been? Hours? Probably. Probably more than 3 pages per chapter, I guess. So no, I haven't had an issue with the length as I get insights into Jim's though processes.

Thank you!

GamblnluckGamblnluck3 months ago

Another great, detailed chapter. The way you interweave other characters into their new lives is great. Even the part of the dogs...

The only part I questioned at the time was the threesome where Linda and Dee went off with the Asshole. None of the others addressed it. Not a the time nor later. They were all part and party to everything up to that point and you kinda dropped them from the show with just a few paragraphs that read like an early epilogue.

I still thoroughly enjoyed sitting and reading this. (and consumed a half pot of coffee in the process) 5 stars

ThorlolThorlol3 months ago

I really enjoy the whole story. Its one of the good ones on this platform. I am only disappointed how the other characters disappeard. Especially Helen and Rose. In the last chapter I actually believed what they said and what was written. It felt so genuine in the way it was written. Maybe because it was the first time they were honest about some things I actually believed it. In this chapter we learned that they lied through their teeth. Sure they didnt outright lie but only told what fit with the observations Jim and Dave made. Like the secret signals and so on. But it was written in such a genuine way that even Jim somewhat believed them or atleast as far as he could in that moment. Now after I we read what happend the second time they were out, I just cant believe how honest they came over before. Both of them lied so much and directly into his face that I almost think they must be evil. Its easier to understand Linda. She never loved Jim but loved the fact that Jim loved her. She didnt see him as a person but as a tool to feel good. But overall still evil in my opinion and if not that then mentally ill if she really thought what she told us in this part. But she is just not stupid enough and she also said so later on that it was all planned. So back to being evil. But the other ones, holy shit. I really would have liked to know what went on in their heads the first night out, then later at the diner and then at the second night out without Jim. Pretty sad they just 'went away'. Or Linda could have told us what happend there. She must have known all too well what they thought.

CDRLawCDRLaw3 months ago

Ever read War & Peace? Long as shit, but worth it. This is wonderful writing.

CDRLawCDRLaw3 months ago

And yeah, the DNA part was unnecessary.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat3 months ago

Very good chapter. The chimera stuff was out there and I’m not sure it adds anything.

Most of this is very realistic and pretty close to what I experienced, especially the dogs. I’m not sure I would have survived if I hadn’t had all those same conversations with my dog. Also, the therapy sessions were realistic and just as useless as I remembered.

I really hope the Asshole gets some measure of payback in the last chapter. 4*

darklogicdarklogic3 months ago

I enjoy the way you're weaving this all together and I really do want to get to the next part but I am sad because the ending I am hoping for is slipping further and further away. Not necessarily a bad thing, it means I'm invested in your story, and at this point it is yours. 5/5

miket0422miket04223 months ago

Felt like there were some holes in this chapter. At least holes in the logic.

How does Jim not immediately file for divorce after her threesome with Marc & Dee? Trying to work things out after her initial time with Marc is almost impossible anyway. With her begging Jim to come home and they've started counseling ... then she has a threesome?

Her STD test comes up clean? Marc is confirmed to have Chlamydia, they fucked more than 7 times over two encounters. Plus having sex with Dee who's had a string of encounters with random guys. Seems to defy statistical odds that Linda didn't catch something. Plus, it was recommended she gets tested again 6 weeks later and that apparently didn't happen.

After Jim is sleeping at home again, when Linda wakes him up with a blowjob, she's extremely good and apparently very well practiced at it. Two times with Marc, months earlier wouldn't really explain that. It makes it seem like she has continued seeing Marc on a regular basis, yet apparently we're supposed to believe she hasn't been?

Still a good chapter, just seems less well executed than the first two.

SkubabillSkubabill3 months ago

One nitpicky thing. When doctors diagnose STD's they are required to obtain a list of all people the patient had sex with and report them to the Department of Health. I further believe all states have that requirement. Other than that, this story is brilliant and continues to earn a paltry five stars from this reader.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not even going to waste my time with this chapter. Eleven pages for this chapter and four chapters total? You've got to be kidding.

FlamethrowFlamethrow3 months ago

I admire your ability to expose such deep and complex emotions and genuinely look forward to the concluding episode.

Harryin VAHarryin VA3 months ago

There really aren't enough words in my vocabulary to describe how amazingly incredible part 3 is. Everything about this 11 page long story really cooks and it reads incredibly fast and there IS not a boring slow or wasted scene. Even though it's 11 pages long the different conversations and different scenes flow absolutely perfectly -as if this is real life and this was happening in front of me or to my best friend or somebody else in my family.

.

This is truly an amazing story.

.

The opening scene in the counselor's office where Linda is openly defiant and still thinks she has done nothing wrong and that the reason they have a problem with the marriage is because of Jim is shocking. Sure we have all read about wives and girlfriends in the LW stories who have this sense of entitlement ….who have a different sense of morality and ethics. But the way this author wrote that opening scene with Linda in the marriage counselor's office is actually believable. We really do see her situational ethics and her lack of integrity as a wife and as a human being.

.

Linda’s description of Mark as a good decent man who is a Chivalrous and a gentleman was actually stunning.

..

Her defense that she always believed that Jim was the strong one and the strongest man she knows--- is a massive lie. It is not even remotely true. That is something she tells herself so she can engage in these Affairs and these Secret cheating wives club meetings. Jim's assessment of what he thought Linda expected the next day when she came home from fuckig Marc is exactly on point.

.

…..”You were looking forward to that. You figured it'd be a challenge, and you'd have to promise me the moon, but you needed to get me back under your control, playing your game by your rules. You'd always have your magic night of amazing wild sex to look back on for the rest of your life, maybe rub out a few reliable orgasms to the memory once in a while. Maybe you'd fantasize about him while you were in bed with me. You'd feed on the validation you'd gotten AND you'd still get to keep your stupid, trusting, boring, faithful-as-a-dog husband, too. You'd have it all. That's what you wanted…..”

.

The middle of the story and the discovery of this secret cabal within the married couples where the wives would plan and Hope that they could find some hot guy to fuck without the husbands knowing ….is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. And in doing so it really develops the evil Twisted character that Dee is and that Linda is on the edge of becoming.

.

And using the inside information that Jim has discovered about Linda and Dee secret meeting Mark a second time and engaging in a orgy…. and dropping that bomb in the marriage counseling was really enjoyable to read. That whole scene was unbelievably well done.

.

Wow.

.

Finally the other thing that really impressed me was the bringing in of a new character a former girlfriend and divorced woman who had destroyed her marriage because of her one-night stand with Mark. using her to convince Linda that her evaluation of the fabulous night of amazing sex she had with Mark is going to cost her far more than she knows…. was a unique way of doing that

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This story like witches needs to be burned at the stake.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

You seem to have turned this simple story into a cottage industry. I can't wait to see what you do with (4of4).

servant111servant1113 months ago

Need to rename this tortuous mess to February Sucks: Splashdown…

2 stars

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is by far the best Feb Sucks story and part 3 is amazing. Their first meeting with the counselor should be the gold standard for all future FS stories. While there was, IMHO, too much talking in the first two parts, this was perfect. Well done.

PowersworderPowersworder3 months ago

Another excellent chapter.

It was so satisfying to see Linda, the self-centred slut who believed she did nothing wrong, finally get broken.

I'm looking forward to chapter 4.

I hope Jim bounces back and eventually ends up with someone new. And that Linda turns into a burned out husk of a woman, just like Ally, filled with bitterness and regret.

She deserves nothing less than absolute misery.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I think the Readers Digest ersion was better...way too many words in this version

mndhanson017mndhanson0173 months ago

Allison tried to warn, they all tried to warn her, but she kept going back to those now former friends, all those wives learned a fateful lesson and now they are no more. I wonder if Dee gets her own wake up call in the final part, since she was likely the one that caused this "excitement" with her cheating. In addition, going for the threesome, thinking he was dumb enough to not know, yeah, she had this coming, he even said that she gave him her second best smile, she was still fantasizing about Marc, yeah, he's not going to want to be turned on by you again. She finally realized it, but it was too late.

Macan84Macan843 months ago

Five Stars. Though not yet finished, it's easily the best version of "February Sucks" in my opinion. It's the only one I've read that manages to realistically unpack the "Black Box" that is Linda -- and why she abandoned her husband in that act of breathtaking disrespect that put the hook in so many people. I also liked the realistic details of @Cockatoo here, for example, Jim's changing their banking online is "PENDING" until next business day, as it is in the real world (Yes, there's obvious hand waving stuff too, dramatic red herrings [DNA chimeras] and heartstring pulling...but this is fiction). Also, I liked how the author rounds out the characters of the friends, which helps explain more realistically how that awful first night could have occurred. Wondering where the finale will go, but TY to the author for the read.

Tophat232Tophat2323 months ago

Well done my Friend! Well written.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Another demented slut wife blinded by her own selfishness, destroying her marriage and family, showing herself like an immature and irresponsible unfaithful person. On the other side there is a whining, unsecure sheep husband, asking for his mommy's help. These kind of guys should have taken some basic lessons on how a good marriage works, they are certainly not "marriage materials".

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Very real. This series can be a series or a movie.

Lorry3188Lorry31883 months ago

She finally gets it , loved the part about the dog , man’s best friend and companion

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What a fucking bastard to actually make his kids go through that, especially after his grand speeches that it was all about the children.

He spends a year basically trying to mentally torture his wife so she'd have her epiphany, thereby knowingly inflicting all sorts of damage on his children in the process.

It was a pretty well-written story, right up until he moved back into the house. I think the author kind of got lost there and didn't know how to go forward because it definitely took a nosedive in quality and overall "story sense."

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Sorry you're not strong enough or mature enough to post anon comments.

I personally have no interest in creating a profile here.

In the big boy world, your works will either be a hit, a flop or somewhere in between, and it will be mostly anon.

So, I won't bother to tell you what I liked or didn't because you don't deserve it.

bobareenobobareeno3 months ago

5 stars in every respect. Moving and insightful. Now at the top of my list of the February sucks sequels. Thanks, Cockatoo.

SunnyU2SunnyU23 months ago

Good writing, but I didn't like the direction it took with cheating game. Not really February Sucks anymore.

AngelRiderAngelRider3 months ago

Wagner? Hmm. That's not a typical reference one sees on here.

Sigh. You're gonna make me read this aren't you?

I absolutely loath February Sucks and I don't trust part tales but I will give it a shot.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I have read most if not all of the February sucks stories and this certainly is in my opinion the most thorough and best. I feel it shows the full impact of what infidelity does and the after effects to all involved. I know that this is a story and that the vast majority of wives, would not behave in this manner, even if some of them were cheaters, although the original idea must have came from somewhere for the original author of February Sucks. I would like to thank Cockatoo for his time and his writing skills in this version of the story, in my opinion definitely 5stars. I would also like to take this time to thank all Authors who contribute to this site, even if I don't particularly like their stories they deserve respect for putting their time and effort into their writing comments yes but NOT VITRIOL.

Tomh1966Tomh19663 months ago

How the heck do you write this awesome this fast? Cookie last week then this the following?!?

I'm only dropping 70K words starting early next week and it took me 4.5 MONTHS.

Awesome and keep writing. But you knew that.

JzordayneJzordayne3 months ago

Like watching a train wreck, I have read pretty much all of the FebSux stories. But I have to say unequivocally that this has been the most personal and imo most realistically written version so far. kudos to you and as sad as it has been,I am looking forward to seeing how this concludes.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

if you had written your version of this before GA, it could have been 5*. But since it's part of the 'the story that wouldn't die' endings, I can only give it 2*. Good luck with future writting.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu3 months ago

I thought it wasn't possible.

But @Cockatoo managed to do it

Thought there is no worse disrespectful Linda but this version of Linda is far worse than of the alternate Lindas I've read. This Linda and the girls (not just Dee) playing and scheming games around their husbands them as dumb baits to catch the big fish probably for years is just awful.

/

Man these so many dialouges makes me feel like a drunk my brain overloaded with words but I only skipped a few paragraphs so kudos to me. Good alternate FebSucks story @Cockatoo. I think I'm gonna have a hangover tomorow.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The only thing I disliked about the original and kind of dislike about this one is it seems like Marc is going to continue on enjoying destroying lives. I am not for violence or anything but I do wish he'd get his comeuppance somehow, even if it is as simple as his activities being exposed to the world and him finally being seen as what he truly is.

MsVanilla69MsVanilla693 months ago

It is so far very well written and very detailed this part including the entire family , she had the 3 some thinking it was hidden , then took an entire year to take a look at herself and what she done , it was a long twisting road they all traveled , seems like a pretty done deal to Me no turning back now , great story so far

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer3 months ago

Firstly, your writing is very good. Thank you. But the story depiction... poor. We have dumbo Jim who can't make up his mind about divorcing, even after his cheating slut wife does it AGAIN! He had already proposed a most ridiculous, unworkable living situation. Simply put, he proposed living separately but within the same house. No physical relationship. Plus, this was likely to go on for at minimum 14 years! Until the youngest reached 18. Meanwhile, what???? He was going to live like a monk? What about Linda? Was she not able to bring a guy home if she got horny? As I said, just ridiculous. Then this long story gets padded out with two tangential stories: Jim's DNA story and the whole issue about getting a couple of pet dogs. Seriously? What really did the dogs have to do with the marriage. Dumbo Jim was still away on his frequent work travels, leaving Linda to look after the dogs. Was this a punishment for her?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

St Patty’s Day?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Even though the Author has crafted this masterfully, I have this sinking feeling that I'm going to HATE how it ends--and in retrospect for wasting the hours I let myself get sucked into reading it!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

You should've cut this down. There is a lot of useless crap, like the Chimera shit. Absolutely pointless fluff. Way too wordy and rambling. Hopefully you can get to the point more quickly in your real world interactions with real people.

Jack440Jack4403 months ago
damn great

Great story. Still have no idea how it will finish.

You really should consider writing a real book. Great character development and insight. Not sure how to come up with story ideas that haven't been covered, but if I knew your pen name, i'd certainly buy what you write.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

So some genuine criticism. It felt that you were trying to explain to the stupidest amongst us and pitching this to the lowest denominator made it tedious. I think we would have got it in half the words. The mother sub-plot is starting to sound like a pre-amble into a reconciliation which would ruin even this over puffed story. Yet somehow I'm still looking forward to the next chapter. Hopefuly it exhibits both brevity and some action from Jim to kick the slut into touch and to find a worthy woman to spend the rest of his life with.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

On page eight. I am taking the time to say one word. Masterpiece.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Finally, a satisfying and realistic interpretation of a life changing event. Probably somewhat verbose but a masterful and complete description of possible characters, their motivations and emotions. The best story (or version of) as yet. Well done and I look forward to whatever conclusion is coming.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wonderful job of showing thought processes and how the infidelity affected the larger circle as well as how that circle reacts to the situation. Great job.

Macan84Macan843 months ago

Perhaps the best version of "February Sucks". Yes, it is long as the author warned at the outset. But this version of the ending provides, in my opinion, the most viable insight into the motivations of Linda and friends in their stunning act of betrayal and disrespect. Thanks for the read and looking forward to the finale.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

So Linda wasn’t disciplined as a child, and never learned right from wrong. She doesn’t understand that some choices are EVIL. Even at the end, when she accepts that divorce is inevitable, she only regrets what she did because of the consequences, not because it’s inherently wrong!

Linda would absolutely murder someone if it would benefit her, and she could get away with it!

ZK

nixroxnixrox3 months ago

5 stars - Finally, a writer got what should have been included in GA's Feb. Sucks story.

The SLUT made the worst mistake of her life, and the consequences were so severe she truly lost everything. Although, I do not think it should have played out for a full year - she should have been at this point within the first 30 days without her husband - especially, after the additional FMF three-way event. There was no possibility for a RAAC after that disgusting display of disrespect.

PLUS you dragged out the drama waaaaay tooo long.

This should have been the theme of every single one of the re-writes.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

By far the best story I’ve read on this site in a year or more. Maybe much more. Compared to the usual drivel, which is full of ‘small man’ fantasies of violence and weird disconnects from reality (like the “man hating, cheater-loving therapist bit), this is a ten star work of fiction.

CamdudeCamdude3 months ago

Yes, this is a long story(you did give us a heads up).Seldom,however,do I get caught up in a LW story like I have with this.5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

a load of crap he's just as bad

CelestialFalconCelestialFalcon3 months ago

Chimera? Yeah, it's possible, but my gut feel is that the match between Jim and his children would be greater than 25% (provided the two fetuses that produced Jim had the same father). But I haven't done the math. Makes me wonder whether Jim's mother was messing around long before her husband was in the final stages of his fight with cancer.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

3* Author is similar to Warren Harding who prided himself on "Bloviating" which means a tremendous amount words leading to just a single point. So much repeating of same ideas. Yet, it ends in divorce which should have happened in Part 2. BTW, author needs to stay away from Woke history which is total ignorance.

sf_operative63sf_operative633 months ago

Bring on Part 4..

DOL

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I did you a favor and did not give any stars to drag down your rating.

They tell me the book War and Peace is a good book but it doesn't belong on Literotica. This L. O. N. G. And drawn out rehash has very little new.

I do compliment the addition of the added (Planned/hopefor) three way. That should have been the end with a brief Epilogue

I. Stead you droned on and on

If I wanted a long drawn out explanation of chivalry I would have googled it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Geez, about damned time she threw in the towel.

She was addicted to cheating. She can't fight for her man if she was still actively prowling for affair sex. Emotional affair too. She's not evil, just sick and selfish.

She barely had any fight in her after her come to Jesus moments. She's lazy and entitled on top if everything else. Just another flawed and shitty person that her soon to be ex husband wrongly idolized.

He's right though. My ex cheated on me often. Once I found out the once, she soon found out how not clever she truly was. Love makes us blind and biased. Not stupid.

She didn't like finding out how easy she was to read. Prolly hated that more than being dumped if I'm honest.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Based on the escalating page count per part I guess the last chapter will be about 30 pages.

This story is a fine example of why talking through a situation like infidelity is ultimately pointless.

Given the callous way it was engineered makes any idea of acceptance ridiculous, the fact she returned to the well for seconds makes divorce a foregone conclusion.

The councillor element was wasted pages, seeking a marriage councillor would imply that he was hoping to save the marriage.

He may as well have picked up a rock to witness her explanation and justification with the amount of help he got from counselling.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I think this is one of the best variations of the FebSux. The author seems really astute from a psychological standpoint and is also a very good writer (master wordsmith)

Frank66Frank663 months ago

Appreciate and agree with 'HankWTullamore's comment on 'white European bad'. And with 'Intrigued_byes' comment on what happened to Helen and Rosie? Seemed like they were going to be late but real friends to Jim, then they turn into backstabbers themselves. Doesn't fit.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I got to page 10 of the third segment.... enough is enough!!! No more!! I quit!! To many rabbit holes, deviations and other superfluous tidbits. I will ignore the last one.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

During a previous page, I wrote,: Masterpiece. Having finished part three, I can't prove on the word. This is publishable (from a man who has published a highly successful historic fiction novel.) Five stars, of course.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It could end here but holy crap I don't want it to!

Read it (again) starting this morning. Just now finished....

Can't wait until the next part is published. (Ummmm, No! It isn't too long!)

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Cockatoo,

Important question: how many times have you watched "Frozen"?

And dragging in Pratchett. Wonderful.

At least nine stars out of five. Beautifully done.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Everything about your follow up to the original story is absolutely exceptional and well executed. I'm no critic and I couldn't write my way out of a wet paper bag but the only part that seemed unnecessary was the DNA part I mean a simple they are my kids would have been sufficient. Keep it up

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

No, I didn't bother reading this -- I'm not a masochist -- but is anyone is posting so much of a story that wasn't the good to begin with and has be retold many times more than needed, this isn't writing, it's typing.

SkibumSkibum3 months ago
A long read, but a good one

So far, this has been the best of the February Sucks sequels. I am looking forward to the conclusion.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler3 months ago

No words to explain my gratitude and my delight in finding and reading this version of the masterpiece. Solid five stars I look forward to the next Option.

Thanks

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed3 months ago

I read comments for quite a while on part three before deciding that this part really had gone off on too many tangents. The most interesting thing is that there IS a cliché that works finally. Jim finds out that a dog is truly man’s best friend and Elizabeth becomes a surrogate for the trusting relationship that he only thought existed with Linda. This “find” wouldn’t have happened without his kids and their need for a puppy (possibly a substitute for reduced affection from mom), reinforcing Jim’s decision to ultimately be the best he could be for his kids. Now bring on the grand finale.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now3 months ago

I've read every one of these Feb Sux stories ... this one, while long, is so very well done. I can hardly stop reading it.

I hope we don't have to wait long for the conclusion.

other2other1other2other13 months ago

February Sucks has taken on a life of its own. This rendition has moved into another realm and I must admit that I am really enjoying the emotional rollercoaster that Cockatoo is taking us on.

Their 'friends' are really bad people they way they are acting. Linda character is interesting in combining both the denial but what looks to be a bipolar personality in some ways.

I'm not even sure with the ending to this part that she either regrets what she did or understands how she destroyed so many people's lives with her actions as they are portrayed in this retelling.

I really like going on the journey with Jim, his ups and downs, and the internal conflict. The raw rage that flows forth. Also loving the little side streets of stories and history that are popping up.

Now, I'm keen to see the conclusion of this tale and how it ends up for Jim, Linda, and the kids. But at the same time, I am worried that Jim will not be 'happy' by the end of this. I want Jim to be happy, to not just resolve, but to find a love that is real, gets tested like his and Linda's did and unlike 'the event', this new love passes with flying colours.

Of course, I really want to see the asshole fall and ensure pain and rejection that will haunt him on his trip to hell...

Really well written; thank you for the massive amount of time and effort that has gone into this one!

DreddrasDreddras3 months ago

One additional quibble with this part 3 -- the character of Rose (and Andy, assuming he was at the irish pub the night of Linda's 3-way) is WILDLY inconsistent with her portrayal in part 2. In part 2 she and Andy condemn Linda's actions and are supportive of Jim. In part 3 they go out to a ML pick-up spot with Linda (sans Jim) and don't say anything when she goes off with him yet again? Doesn't track. The story would be better had they been absent that second night, and especially if they'd completely written off that friend group prior to that point.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster13 months ago

Four more stars for this Part of your FebSux story.

By the way, that was a helluva place to break the parts...

...I almost wish you did it when Jim said the kids weren't his, but I guess the revelation of him being a chimera would have drawn bloody screams from the Anons about a 'cheap plot device' ! (Some people just can't take a joke !)

The story continues, and I guess now we find out what ultimately happens to Jim and Linda, abd maybe to gmthe friends group as well.

Here we go...

Karn9Karn93 months ago

Powerful next to last section! 5*

robinhodrobinhod3 months ago

Thank you very much for the warning. I heeded it. I haven't read this story.

I loved the original.

I'm getting to hate it's development.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit3 months ago

Making Jim a chimera certainly came out of nowhere! When Linda didn’t allow the kids to call Marc ‘asshole’, Jim missed the chance to tell them to call him ‘Predator’ instead. The other husbands covering for Linda’s repeat performance, and agreeing to not tell Jim, is beyond terrible. That’s when Jim should have gotten Dave to back him up in front of the other couples. Dave deserved his pound of flesh, especially from Phil. Again, you’ve done well.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter3 months ago

Agree with Dreddras below. Rose and Andy should not have been included at the 2nd fiasco with Linda and Dee again gong off with the Asshole. It added nothing and became a point of distraction and inconsistency from the 2nd part of the story. Also thought the whole chimera thing was a distraction from the story and didn’t impact the plot in any significant way. Still looking forward to the final episode of your tale.

JonnyRegJonnyReg3 months ago

Bringing up chimerism in the previous chapter out of no where made it obvious what was going to happen. What I don't understand was why it was even done with how abruptly the twist was introduced and resolved in this chapter.

Barst0hBoyBarst0hBoy3 months ago

The Disney stuff was genius! I, too, am wondering about the DNA chimera stuff...doesn't seem like you to include that gratuitously. I'm still amazed at how you've extracted such believable things from the original. I love the rationale you have for the seemingly out of nowhere event. All from little or no info from GA.

BIGGUY441956BIGGUY4419563 months ago

I really like this part, but it wasn't quite as good as the other two. I gave it a 4 only because I saw a few spelling mistakes that I did not see in the other 2 and I am sure you never meant to make them. Your path thru this tale is ingenious in many ways even the DNA part. I was looking at it as a psychosis part he was going thru as his brain was trying to accept his new reality of where his life was going. I may be wrong, but it sure looked that way. I am looking forward to tomorrows ending. Keep the good writing going.

BrentJWBrentJW3 months ago

So after a year Linda finally understands what a disgusting person she really was. Any chance the next chapter can credibly transform her into a good person?

cyendreycyendrey3 months ago

Better that Ch. 2, even if longer. Amnesia still abounds as his “epiphanies” about Linda never seemed to make into the counseling sessions or anywhere else they might have been useful. Writing rule - if you introduce a gun in a story, it has to be used within the next chapter. In other words, nothing exists in a story for its own sake, it is there to progress the story or it need to be edited out.

Overall a good story, but still a lot of useless emotional and mental torture and the kids behavioral issues exposed literally in the last couple of paragraphs show how destructive Jim and Linda’s mutual torture is. That neither of them have admitted how damaging and cruel their “dance” is a continues to be to the children is the one part of this that is truly evil committed with “good” intentions.

I suspect some stringent editing could gave preserved a good story while eliminating half the word count.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCockatoo@Cockatoo
These are strictly works of fiction and fantasy... that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Although these tales have been carefully peppered and spiced with snippets of the occasional real-life encounter, personal experience with trauma, or sincere obsessive daydream, none of...