All Comments on 'February Sucks - She had to Step In'

by Topspot101

Sort by:
  • 135 Comments (Page 2)
26thNC26thNC4 months ago

Outstanding! I’ve read all 68, as the lady in the other great story said, and this one, even with no mayhem for Marc, is at the top. I like Linda’s redemption story, but most of all I appreciated Jim’s immediate, unshakable handling of Linda’s infidelity. She was out of his life as soon as she left the club with Marc. No talk, no excuses, just here’s the divorce papers, I’m gone. No chance ever for reconciliation. Just the way it should be. Now if something were to befall Dee, that would be great.

FlamethrowFlamethrow4 months ago

Linda learnt the lesson too late to save herself but she has become a better person for the experience.

inka2222inka22224 months ago

Sorry, 1.9 stars.

/

Took 0.1 stars off for "mistakes could be made" - meaning, she STILL thinks she "just made a mistake". "Mistake" is using the wrong battery and burning out an appliance. Or buying the wrong brand of meat at the market. What she did wasn't a "mistake".

/

0.9 star off because if she TRULY loved her husband and was TRULY regretful, she would have ACTUALLY taken ownership, and offered him either full custody, or 50/50 custody with the custodial parent living in the house for "their" period. And no child support due to that. She would also have fucked Dee up far more than a small slap - especially second time.

/

And 2 stars off, because this stupid concept (which I saw in MANY LW stories, though I doubt any were February sequels) of "someone stops the wife from cheating", **is irredeemably broken** (if not to say completely dumb). The problem isn't that she cheated. It's that she is the kind of person, with that kind of relationship to her husband, that she is capable of cheating. If it's not Mark, Linda would have cheated in 1 year with another celebrity. Or 3 years with her hot successful boss. or 10 years with her fitness trainer. ALL that stopping a cheater from being able to cheat actually does, is kick the can down the road - increasing the pain for the cheating victim, AND giving them less time to rebuild their life since they are older when cheating happens.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well done. One of the better and more original. Bet you pissed off A Lot of copycats with this one. And you even allow the unwashed to comment. Congratulations.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Excellent

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

And again, Linda is completely not Linda.

The original Linda is a cruel narcissist

This Linda is a confused fool.

It makes no sense to write sequels, but to make the characters completely different from the author's is ridiculous. It's more correct to come up with new ones.

KTD2020KTD20204 months ago

I really liked this take on the February Sucks storyline. I liked the attorney stating reconciliation wasn’t possible due to the public event, I liked Linda’s reaction to Dee after the event, and I liked seeing Linda stepping in to protect another wife. This version, though, does hint that Dee and the other “friends” are more involved than it originally appeared. Things that make you go, a”Hmmmm …”

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I gave it 4 stars because Linda’s character was changed so much, I just couldn’t give it a 5. DMW aka Sumnut96

BSreaderBSreader4 months ago
Still

A sad ending but she is at least doing to stop it the only problem is the football jerk needs stopped.

arnowolarnowol4 months ago

Topspot101 wrote: "I would suggest you read the introduction in his original story before reading this"

arnowolarnowol4 months ago

You write: "I would suggest you read the introduction in his original story before reading this"

I will never read the original story again. She was terrible and doesn't want to experience anything like that again!!!

I don't know if I like this version yet. Because I haven't read it yet. I'll try, but if it upsets my feelings too much, I'll stop reading.

Your story “February sucks – for Linda” was fine with me and I said so in the comments.

(Translated from German to English using Google Translate)

arnowolarnowol4 months ago

Me again. I liked this version! :)

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Too many February sucks redos, but this one was decidedly different and well worth it. Thank you for reminding us that helping others can begin to redeem a broken soul.

Well done.

bobareenobobareeno4 months ago

A unique take! Well done.

crazymike45crazymike454 months ago

Great finish to a horrible story.

OOAAOOAA4 months ago

Great alternate ending!!! 👏👏👏

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

She should have let Dee's husband know what kind of a voyeuristic slut he's married to! Maybe even seduce Dee's husband!

oldmanbill69oldmanbill694 months ago

Great! One of many that sounds real.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Dee's character in both the original and in this, reads like a textbook recruiter for a prostitution ring. Having her actually be that, would have made her character far more realistic.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This was more realistic with Jim's response. No confession letter detailing cosmic sec. No L.W. plot with Ellen the prostitute. No delusional Linda who refused to apologize until the end. It is ironic. This Linda knew she destroyed her marriage. She owned up to it and knew she was at fault. She apologized at the divorce settlement meeting. Ironically this Linda may have deserved reconciliation. But this Jim did not give her a chance. Too bad. So sad. Don't cheat.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good story. Almost felt sorry for this Linda. Almost. And Jim's reaction was realistic and visceral.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good story, five stars.

josephljosephl3 months ago

Best Feb Sucks sequel I’ve read!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This is one of the best follow up stories I have read and I have read most..Realistic the way this situation could happen and reactions to it is the way any husbands would have been...even the wifes response to her husbands actions is very real. Her stand against Dee and Mark months later at the club is also believable..5 stars..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This linda of all sequels deserved a second chance

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

This was a good one, and perhaps, just perhaps, this Linda was worthy of grace and forgiveness. I still can't see a raac for pretty much any of the Feb Sucks series, there might be one or two that seemed worthy, but they escape me now, but this one's Linda seemed to be a true clone of the original Linda from George Andersons story. While she was an unrepentant narriciss, this Linda seemed to have found humility and compassion.

AllNigherAllNigher28 days ago

I like it. I'm not sure why people read alternate versions if they don't want any change in the characters or scenario. The characters fit the story he wrote. He didn't try to pick up after everything happened then change the characters to someone who wouldn't have let things happen that way.

Well written. I ALMOST feel bad for her, but it's not hard to tell someone no, I won't destroy my family for a night of sex... And maybe you're not the friend I thought you were if you think I should...

Nicely done and thank you for sharing

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

I was between four stars and five on this one. But I just had to settle on five stars. Good writing.

JPB NOT BOB

mndhanson017mndhanson01724 days ago

Something needed to be done about Dee, though

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

5 stars one of the best of all time, the actions portrayed in FS are so evil and demonic only Satins brides would do this to their husbands, and expecting a husband to trade his honor, valor, self-respect, and courage for his eternal soul to burn with the Babylonian whore forever is beyond idiotic. Also the fact that having children grow up in a household where their father hates their mother is tantamount to abuse, so the stay for the kids argument is garbage to. This story was handled with all Jim's virtues secured great version!

AmbulAmbul21 days ago

Perhaps one of the best sequels, and for this reason one of the saddest. Jim reacted fast, possibly unrealistically fast, but he did know what wanted to do at that moment, and did not change his mind. He could have, given the almost immediate remorse on Linda’s part at what she did as soon as she found out what Jim’s reaction was. The story, told from Linda’s POV, was powerful as she described how she lost her mind and then her marriage. She realized that she will regret what she did for the rest of her life. She generated a lot of empathy I thought, and quite possibly, forgiveness if Jim had been willing to participate in counseling. Dee, in this story, and in others, is a piece of work. A sociopath, she has absolutely no empathy for anyone else and it is all about herself. This is a sad, sad, story, but well written with no fluff.

LechemanLecheman12 days ago

Good but sad alternate version, cannot help but feel sadness for MC.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

If Linda truly wants to “save” future sluts from themselves, she should bring a gun and shoot both Dee and Marc dead right in front of everyone!

/

Women are always given lighter sentences than men. If she cried on the witness stand while telling her story, she probably wouldn’t even get 3 years in prison!

/

ZK

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous