All Comments on 'February Sucks the Continuation'

by MattblackUK

Sort by:
  • 236 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Still feels like a lack of resolution. We have no idea how Linda family feels. If he ever gets passed his own demons. It just goes he got the best divorce deal possible and now plays single dad the end.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 3 years ago

you took a new innovative approach to this story on page one and literally fell flat on your face by page two. If we were watching a horse race, they would have shot the horse with that ending. who gets a recording and does nothing with it?!? don't tell me sharing it with Dee counts. He had HUGE leverage on Marc that day he got it! No, he moves out and gets served a week later? lol sure. why keep it hushed then? she moves in with him and leaves her kids? wow.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
I gave it a 3

why would any man give the whore and her friend the satisfaction of shedding a tear, fuck her and Marc. You got your kids, ruin both of their images and roll on.

carindenniscarindennisover 3 years ago

Nice take and an interesting twist.

The original story has obviously struck an emotional nerve with me and many others. This take shows a hidden side to Linda and gives SOME meaning as to why she did what she did.

4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
" Lacklustre and depressing " says the missus and I agree.

A depressing story that ends with the husband and children miserable and the cheating wife happy. Thought I'd re try this author but still another 2 star story. Maybe ill try again in a year and see if the stories are a star better.

CHUCK.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Decent. You should have carried it a bit farther into the future - what happens 5, 10, 15 20 years down the road. I can see the kids graduating, getting married, and having kids of their own and dear old mom is not invited - actually security is there to prevent her from being there. Also, what about the rest of the family - their parents and siblings? I can see Linda's mom and dad disown her (mom slapping her for being a cheating slut and abandoning her children) and dad (of course she was a daddy's girl growing up and always his princess) telling her that she is dead to him, and why didn't she just kill herself as it would have been easier on her kids. You can bet that good old Mark is going to cheat on her at some point (repeatably) and she will have to face reality that she willing threw away her family and friends for a cheating asshole. Maybe she'll kill him in his sleep before she kills herself...

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

It was good but you gave her and him a free pass. Probably more like real life but in this world I would have liked to see both of them fail. When he had his secret deal I thought you were going to have him exposed and for him to lose his contract and his world to come tumbling down. Or for her years later to turn up expecting to see the kids and for her to be told where to go. Also social media could have been used to expose her abandoning the kids. Just to say he didn't care seemed to me that the cheaters won and I think that is a failing in this story although as I said probably more like real life. 4 stars for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not Great, Not Bad Either

Decent read, thanks for posting. Jim should have at least got a little revenge on Marc by informing the current team. It would have been nothing really. Just a bit of self satisfaction. In the end it would have made no difference. In all story versions, the divorce routes are the better ones. Still looking for one that really wreaks havoc on his ex-friends. Couple have come close, but not yet.

kuroneko_dkkuroneko_dkover 3 years ago
DEE

Dee:” I have a good heart and I always mean well.” fuck her, She’s still okay with cheating

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Which month hasn't sucked!

5

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747over 3 years ago

The story this time is more real, the wife Linda turned into a real bitch (the four legged kind). Mother’s do not usually abandon their children. She let her pussy control her brain. She lost out by following shithead away. Enough said case is getting too old.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

One other point. I'm sure some dumb fucks here is going to make the argument wealth the least the husband moved on and tried to live a good life which is the best revenge

Only that's not the case. 1st the best revenge is revenge. But even beyond that his children are going to suffer psychological scars for the rest of their life that will affect them as teenagers adults and as parents. Such atrocious behavior by the wife will cripple them emotionally and intellectually.

The husband focusing on the children does not change that in any way. Not surprisingly the wife got away with everything paid no price at all and as is always the case in a mattblack story the husband gets shitcupon time after time after time

tizwickytizwickyover 3 years ago

A little late to the party but a good and entertaining effort 4 stars.

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

Why would you write something even more bleak and depressing than the original?

I can understand turning Linda's one night stand into a secret affair to set her up for a vicious BtB, but this just piled the shit on the husband with no payoff.

Definitely the absolute worst of all the sequels so far.

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years ago
GA's Equilibrium Line & The Follow Ups' Equilibrium Lines

In the original, GA was balancing 10 years of the "right behavior" by Linda (Loving and devoted wife and mother) against one night of absolute atrocious behavior (I believe GA thought that he achieved a razor thin balance, but most readers didn't think there was much balance at all and Linda crossed the line so far in that one night that there really wasn't any real choice for Jim on how to move forward). In the original we are told both Jim (who has known Linda very intimately for twelve years) and Linda, herself, could not imagine her capable of being so cold blooded to even be so overwhelmed by Marc, for one evening, where she could do what she did.

In this story, we find out Linda was a manipulative cunt all along who has been planning on leaving Jim for six months, was not really a good or caring mother after all, and really was a horrible wife all along that would allow her lover to purposely humiliate her husband, and the father of her kids. So, really where is the struggle or thinking required as to what Jim should do? This story let's the reader off the hook where we could just say, of course, you simply dump the bitch. In fact, this story even makes it easier, and more passive than that for us, in that she dumps him; even less thinking or contemplation required of the reader.

For me, what made the original story compelling (beyond the good writing) it was similar to the dilemma of a story where someone who is a truly good person, one night goes out with friends and has a couple of drinks with dinner, is slightly over the legal DUI limit (but is not drunk) and gets into an accident driving home where a kid pulls out in front of his car chasing a ball and the kid is killed. We know what the law would do, the question is is it just. I'm not arguing that one night doesn't negate everything prior. I'm not arguing that what Linda did that night doesn't negate the 10 years of goodwill she had built with Jim. I'm just saying that was GA's premise. His story was that Linda was "overwhelmed" by a great physical of manhood, who was a local sports hero, had peer pressure, etc etc. GA saw it the lining up of one in a million situation, and not something that Linda would have done in most circumstances, and both she and Jim were unlucky enough that she was faced with that one in a million temptation on the wrong night that made her more susceptible to fail.

What I attempted to do with my follow up is to try to take the story back to what I thought was a little more equilibrium, than what I thought GA achieved, to make the consideration for Jim to move forward with Linda something he could seriously contemplate (some readers agreed I was able to achieve that, some didn't). The problem I have with this story and several of the other follow ups is that they cross that line even much further where Linda is made to be completely irredeemable so takes away from the real essence of the original story and makes it a typical black and white hat scenario, and just becomes an ordinary LW story. Nowhere as interesting, compelling and thought provoking as GA's original.

otacon666otacon666over 3 years ago

This is worst than the original, waste of time

SouthdownSouthdownover 3 years ago
Nothing New here!

Cheap 'hanger-on' story I gave it 2** in recognition of some of your stories I have enjoyed, this one excluded though. G.A.'s story is a bit like Covid19... not very pleasant and will haunt us for some time to come! The best vaccine for that is to read other stories and try to forget 'February' which is nicely summed up in the last sentence of your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What??????

The recorded conversation between Marc and Linda could have been used by Jim to do great damage to Marc's career plans, but Jim just laid it aside? It would have gone viral if posted to the internet.... I loved the way your rendition was building, but it ended flat... sorry 1*

stev2244stev2244over 3 years ago

Good and original version of a very difficult plot. Well done, Matt.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 3 years ago
Matt, com'on mate, you are better than this crap.

I thought "Damn. Not another one!" But I still read it. LOL. It started out promisingly but then took a sharp turn d-o-w-n. After getting all sorts of info via recordings, Jim does absolutely... NOTHING. That weak, spineless, timid piece-of-shit just sat on it, crying to the slut who was divorcing him about how unfair it all was. What a pathetic human you painted him to be.

Why didn't he immediately let Dee hear the recording? Why didn't he get that fucking blue dress and burn the damn thing. Why didn't he contact the sports media, hoping that by revealing the arseholes plans he might just cause big problems with the general public, his current American Football team contract and hopefully the new owners of the franchise he was going to? But he does nothing. What a disgusting worm of a human being he is. No wonder his slut wife went looking for someone with a little bit of self respect and integrity. What a loser! Cheers. LOL.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Stop

Please just stop adding sequels, it's all crap

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I am so over this story. Its like a wart that won't go away

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Bullshit story

Can't you even think up your own ideas???

You had to steal another authors story line.

Next time engage your brain

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Too bone car accident ad there wasn't a horrible one car accident or a botched robbery where they both were exterminated... Though sad, this story sounds the most true. They need to get theirs in a horrific way after her realizing what she lost... She needs to be desperately sorry for what she did. Please write another chapter or three.

Robby_DRobby_Dover 3 years ago

This "February" sucked more than the others. The purpose of an LW story is for the husband to deal with the wife and/or the Asshole, not just to roll over and give them everything they wanted. The least he could have done was to go to LaValliere's team and told them what he was planning. Instead, he remains a pathetic wuss.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

Christ this is almost worse that all the cuck versions where he stays with the slut

He does nothing to punish anyone? He remains friend with the whore who helped his wife cheat (becuase she thought her freind cheating on her husband was somehow romantic?)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Bad

Very disappointing

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 3 years ago

Nice, Matthew. I look forward to your story for December. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The most believable of all...

... of the continuations, including the original. Finally an ending that actually could happen in real life.

Thank you, MattBlackUK, great work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Really?

I would have made at least an attempt to screw with the footballer a little bit.

mattenwmattenwover 3 years ago

This is by far the worst continuation of the original story! Just the advice of a British Internet user: only really intelligent people give such advice, so it cannot have been British. Maybe an Irishman or a Scot! Second, in this sequel, too, you can easily recognize the cuckold that you love so much. Any normal person, after hearing the taped conversation between the cheaters, would have informed the press about the change of asshole and made the scandal public. Not so the British cuckold! And in the end reuniting with the "friends" even though they had nothing against a sex night with his wife is just as typical for the cuckold MattblackUK! So you can only rate this scrap with 1 *, because unfortunately there is no negative rating!

robinhodrobinhodover 3 years ago

Different slant.

Worth a try, but didn't really add very much.

Still marked it as four as being a good effort with excellent writing and presentation.

As an aside, I can't see the Scrabble with Britishman being the claimed success. As a Brit myself, but reading a lot of American, I'm acutely aware of significant spelling discrepancies across the Atlantic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You screwed up!

I think that your story would go MILES better if he used second recording and posted it on the media. Would destroyed him as a star, and very likely his way with her.

(Sport clubs are not ease going with their investments, unlike movie stars)

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

A sobering darkly realist interpretation of the outcome. On the continuum from outlandish revenge fantasy to nihilistic ‘life sucks and then you die’ this clearly tends towards the latter. Except that it doesn’t suck, really. He’s rid himself of a sociopathic spouse, found a real friend or two, and retained custody of the two most precious facets of his being. No cheap and superficial gratification in this iteration of ‘February Sucks’, but an important reminder that you’re best off to walk away from the shit(e). I was left a little flat and depressed after reading ‘The Continuation’ until I rolled it around in my mind, and it slowly dawned on me how well this ‘real world’ interpretation hit the mark for me. Well written. A treat to read. Thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Erm

What can I say normally you are hitting the target with your stories. Normally they are fantastic but this one was extremely poor from you it was going not to bad you had the edge of this story. But somehow you got lost as soon as you found out that she was cheating and how bad it was you seem to get bored of the story. It felt like you gave up on this story. And that was a shame because you are a extremely talented writer. Please do something about the ending of this story and show people how to write this story.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 3 years ago
I really liked the new angle that it was a setup

from the very beginning. That made the public betrayal more believable. I think it deserves the full five used condoms Latex Larry likes to pass out. They're a pretty good snack with mustard or ketchup. Nice job and great idea for a plot twist. Read you again in December!

vhasstvhasstover 3 years ago
Interesting take

Gritty, in a real way. Vengeance and retribution are rare. Someone always has to be the adult and look after what needs looking after.

In a deep and significant way though, completely ghosting the ex is both vengeance and retribution. You don't have to live with them in your head, but them being denied contact.. that burns and its a long burn.

lovemyroselovemyroseover 3 years ago

I like the path you took for this story. There's potential for a chapter 2 when Linda gets booted to the curb for a new model and tries to go back after damaging her family. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 3 years ago

There was a good start here, but he should have used the information to fuck up Asshole and publicly out the slut.

3/5

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

Yet another one bites the dust. This story does not even come close to matching the origina GA story, and the holes in this story are too numerous to be a worthy addition to GA's universe. First, the author obviously does not have any understanding of football as a business because the story of Marc switching teams makes no sense whatsoever. Second, the wife and mother in this story is utterly unlike the wife in the original GA story, and. particularly, there has to be a lot more to a story before someone like Linda decides to abandon her own children. And, why would Marc choose Linda to live with? Finally, the dialogue here does not sound like actual people talking. I apologize to the author for being so critical, but this story has just too many holes and inconsistencies to make this story worthwhile reading.

tangledweedtangledweedover 3 years ago

Wow, pretty hard to take a sad story and make it sadder, but you did. Not in a good way, either. Completely changed the characters from the original and threw in an unnecessarily absurd subplot about the NFL. Hubby spends money to gather intel and proceeds to use said intel to have a good cry and nothing more.

When a higher paid NFL TE like Rob Kronkowski makes over 9M a year, just from his playing contract, not including endorsements, a "comparable" player like Marc probably won't have to sell cars when his playing career is over. The two having the weekend affair had their motivations and personality flipped 180 degrees from the original and it takes it too far from the source material. Spending $1M might get you a starter condo in San Fran, if your lucky, but it won't be a "luxury" one. Plus a long list of other plot holes, proving one should stick to what they know if they don't want to do the research.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why waste $thousands recorsing her

What was the reasoning for beating this dead horse. Why record her without using it? This story is the herpes of Literotica and it never goes away. I see no need for this version.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicover 3 years ago
What happened ??

Started out great. He got good advice, The recordings were great then someone put it in the stool and flushed it down the drain. A 2 for your attempt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

capere foeditas not carpe diem you seized crap, not the day with this version. Harry was blunt, but right about your story. Why have so many of these failed? I know they get lost that Marc is a football player and really should have a gymnast mentality when they write these stories. it doesn't matter how good the routine/story is if you can't the landing/ending. In Matt's case, he blew it midway through, long before the ending. lol

JackallsJackallsover 3 years ago
Worst

Take on this tale, one of my predecessing commenters said in his/her comment. And alas it’s true. This is a very poor story. I do like MattBlack’s other stories though. This story is like a swinging ball missing the goal completely.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

I hadn't thought of the possibility that it was a set-up, that Marc homed in on her SO quickly out of dozens or more women.

/

I still don't get the sexy underwear back in the room. She should be wearing it. The last thing I want to do when my wife gets undressed is for her to put different underwear on. It should be a sexy negligee better.

/

If she's planning on leaving him, why is she trying so hard to get him to accept that it was a one-time thing? He'll find out soon enough that it was all a lie.

/

Maybe sports are different in England, and "head of the team" means something different there, but in the US players don't move immediately to the head of a new team. At most they become assistant coaches. If the new team will pay any penalties, what does he care?

/

SHE'S paying alimony? Does she earn more than him? If he's getting the house then HE owes her for her half of the equity.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

I know people hate when readers try to bring reality into these stories, but I decided to do a little checking. The closest I can see to Marc's situation is John Elway. He went from retiring as the Denver QB to being general manager and executive vice president of football operations of the Broncos. The HUGE difference was that this was 10/11 years after he retired, he didn't move right from player to executive.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoover 3 years ago

well written and an entirely different take... while some may not like the version, it provides a different perspective and some possiblilties

Fatass47Fatass47over 3 years ago
Yawn. Oh another one?

Sorry I spent the time reading this. It’s not up to your usual high quality writing abilities.

You started out good but then kinda ran out of steam. Must not have been one of your better writing days. It’s ok. We all have the off day.

I look forward to the next literary blockbuster from your amazing mind.

👍

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
By Far the Best Explanation

This made more sense than all of the "Dude Has A Magic Penis" versions combined.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

This one ended with not even a whimper. She'd known him for six months and planned the humiliation with the asshole (why give him the upper case a)? And he couldn't even think of revenge when he had some opportunities? C'mon, grow a pair and do something.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Continuation

I'm curious about a next part to this. It has an interesting set up and opening for more

Finchy1955Finchy1955over 3 years ago
Not bad

A reasonable story, but a bad ending, I think it's time this particular story was put to bed as non of the follow ups are anywhere hear a comparison with the original

AbctoyAbctoyover 3 years ago
OK read

Title of my comment says it all.

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

This is another good version of what happened. I like it. I'm surprised though that Hubby didn't spill the beans about Marc's moving to San Fran right away, didn't Marc mention in the recording that he didn't want news of the move to get out ahead of time?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Enjoyed

A more plausable take on this story .I enjoyed it but I expect there will be more attempts made to improve on this version. I would have liked to have seen at least some payback , after all , knowledge is power.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Early merit

Had some hope at the beginning, but it quickly faded. It is amazing how many follow up stories GA's offering inspired. I'm beginning to think it's impossible to remove the stain his story left on our minds.

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

please und the maddness of a good original story.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 3 years ago

I originally rated this story 4 stars, but after reflection I downgraded to 3 stars. This story started off well, with the discovery Linda had an ongoing affair with Marc the Asshole. This affair explained her head-scratching behavior at the club. When Jim listens to the conversation between Linda and Marc, I expected Jim to weaponize the information. But Jim does almost NOTHING, except to let Dee know. No blowback on Marc or Linda at all. WTF? This passiveness ruined the story, and the stoty went downhill, ending with a whimper.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

No, the entire thrust of this sequel fails. Matt lack’ stake is just so British, so understanding, so nice about everything. Sooo unreal, almost Twilight Zone in character.

Our hero in your tale had the drop on the Asshole and had information that could’ve destroyed both him and by the extension his bitch wife but he did not do it. So British.....

Just went along with the cheaters plan. Justice there?

Noooo!!!!!!

Sorry Matt your version adds nothing of any value to the original story. It is just too nice and sooo understanding, yuk!!!!!

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 3 years ago

Nice job Matt. 5* from me

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Oh! By the way, my score is 1/5

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

I didn't think anyone could write a worse sequel than mine so I guess I owe you a big thank you. I usually love your work and you are one of my favorites but this story was very disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
50 50

first page was promising, The last page was a waste of time. Dancing studio?????

Well I guess he could still teach even if he couldn't walk anymore. Penalty clause, oh hell yeah! Scandal, Poaching from a team before being approved to buy on. Talking to another teams member under contract. Well, I don't think the purchase would go through and then they would have no need for a football president. Oh and I don't think Marky boy would be with his team for long.

But, that is how a real man would react. obviously you have never met one.

2 stars for the effort, lost 3 due to content

jd3608jd3608over 3 years ago

As I first read it, I thought, this is going to be a different ending. But instead, this wasn't a chance meeting and a woman being zapped by the Martian cheating slut ray, but as you built something that could have been a fresh turn of events, you left us with a despicable pair who used several people, humiliate a husband and lead to a divorce, which they were planning anyway.

The wife and mother was turned into a vile person who went along with destroying her family for an "alpha-male" who no doubt will ditch her when it's convenient. You chose only to dump misery on the good people, but refuse to show what happened to the assholes. If your goal was to leave everyone feeling shitty about your take, congratulations, you nailed it.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 3 years ago
Very unsatisfying

There was so much he could have done with the recordings. He certainly could have sunk marc's plans with both teams. They ruin his and worse, the kids' lives and just walk off into the sunset arm in arm. Matt, I appreciate the effort, but the American response would be much different. Jim would get his revenge then start a better life with a better woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice

Nice but needs more to end it.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
One of the more realistic (might probably happen in real life) versions of this story, but...

... several plot errors. The most glaring of which is he leaves the house for an efficiency apartment for several weeks, visiting the kids a couple of hours a day. Then several weeks later, he moves back in, and she moves out and drops by for an hour or so a day, and all of a sudden the kids require therapy?

And “luxury condo on Russian Hill” for $1million? Not happening. Maybe a nice studio apartment? 15 years back a nicer 1-bedroom condo would have been $2million minimum, and it can only have gone up from there. The real estate prices in most of San Francisco is ridiculous. Of course, even with Marc’s current contract and investments from them, he could easily afford $5million for a condo, and it would be considered a good investment for the future.

Also, criticism of the storyline itself: He finds out Marc is leaving the team and if he does there is a penalty clause in his contract. So Jim has a way of, possibly, causing embarrassment and/or fan or owner displeasure for Marc. So why the hell doesn’t he write a letter to the owners, or to the sports casting newsies, to get the fans or owners to dump on Marc? Maybe they’ll dump a little, or may dump a lot — you just cannot know what’s going to happen; hopefully it’s “a lot”. Instead he sits on this, doing absolutely nothing with this gem.

It’s the “Chekov’s gun” thing again. Marc leaving the team and city are important bits of information to the story, but adding the detail about the penalty clause, and not using it?

OdiouserOdiouserover 3 years ago

The least interesting of the 10 or so follow-ups to Feb. Sucks. Would have improved a good deal if you had simply closed with a paragraph about how Marc dumped her for another, younger bimbo and she has been living on a shoestring since, as he had never married her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Feb still sucks

This was so lame. You have husband get a recording of what the ‘Marc’ hopes his team doesn’t find out because it would ruin his opportunity and... nothing. Would have been a weak revenge but it was all you had. Why include it to do nothing with it?

Basically: Bad Guys Win

Pathetic effort

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 3 years ago

I liked the switch-up. Good story.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Great take on a missing plot point in GA's version. It never made sense to me how quickly everything unfolded so quickly at the restaurant. GA still made an impossible plot leap when he portrayed Linda as a loving, doting wife. You would have to rewrite that segment to merge better with your version to make it "feel" right. You did miss an opportunity in your story arc for revenge on Marc - Jim should have called Marc's team anonymously and had him nailed on the contract clause. Your story was so good I'd love to hear how it all ended. Well done - this is the second best version I've read and makes a bit more sense than the original. [The best and most "real" version was where the husband immediately went after her and busted up the party, but that only works if it wasn't preplanned as you suggest] 5+*

BoytitsBoytitsover 3 years ago

This version was pitiful

Sandhauler64Sandhauler64over 3 years ago
Sorry burn the them down

Maximum exposure on them

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Huh. No revenge no consequences no way

Just made hubby into a further wimp. He had the phone call that he should have shared with everyone. Why make him so pathetic and spineless. Ridiculous

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The door was wide open for some revenge on asshole

With the info about his contract violation, it would have been so simple. But the doofus/protagonist never even bothered.

skruff101skruff101over 3 years ago

Please please please no fucking more, the original was excreta (well written excreta but excreta non the less) and every single alternative has been unable to make that shit shine.

Having said that I’m still reading this bollocks, it’s like watching a train wreck, you just gotta watch the cataclysm as it unfolds.

You know they’re going to be as bad as all the others but you just can’t avoid the self flagellation of reading them.

Sadly the many great authors who have involved themselves with this disaster are not shown in a favourable light as they try to polish the original turd.

Alas it looks like we’re locked in to enduring this self inflicted torture Ad infinitum.

Apparently Old Nick is seriously considering adding a tenth circle of hell to the descriptions in Dante’s Inferno, this one would be named Stupidity, populated by those sinners that have openly stated admiration for either the original GA story or any of the additional tripe that follows. Their punishment is to repeatedly read, in chronological order, those lamentable efforts until insanity claims the poor unfortunates.

I take comfort in the knowledge that it is one circle of hell I will never occupy, I’m pretty much guaranteed residency in any of the other circles but not that one, praise be and hallelujah.

As for this one, well it ain’t made the original smell any sweeter LOL.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
?

He takes the money and runs. Should have leaked the story of his wife and his plans to leave his current team. At least create some pain. Disappointing story.

shalpa64shalpa64over 3 years ago

Well, THAT sucked... Why describe the contract situation in such detail if he's not going to burn them with the info? Just boring details to pad the word count? Also, now, cause Dee was fooled as well, she's a friend? To hell with that. By the time the terrible non-ending came, thus story was on life support anyways, so no further harm done there I suppose. I realize it matters to you not at all, but I, for one, won't be back for any more...

Peace!

jaythemanjaythemanover 3 years ago
Did Not Enjoy

This added very little to the February Sucks collection. It was depressing. At the very least, the husband could have gone to the press and outed the asshole. As for the wife, she was way less loving than the character Anderson created.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
a weak 3

While this side of the tale gives us some more information, the information gained is not used against the two cheaters. No revenge NO blowback, way to passive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ok just don't get it

Until the wife is punished for what she did and the football idiot gets physical damage, these sequels are a complete waste of time. SOMEBODY please write this as an extreme BTB like many of us have been asking for! I'm sorry I can't write or I would do it! Seriously, this story very good and the sequels are fine (I do like this version) but please visit some righteous hell on the pair of adulterers. Thank you. I gave this story a 4.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I agree he had the info to burn the ass hole and did not he is every bit the CUCK, ass hole called him out to be.

tangledweedtangledweedover 3 years ago

I have to add, I loved the comment from Skubabill; "I didn't think anyone could write a worse sequel than mine so I guess I owe you a big thank you." I don't remember his story specifically, but now have to check it out.

I do give MattblackUK credit for the premeditated concept. That the night's event was not a one-off and was in fact planned, makes for an interesting take on the story. The problem with that take was nailing down the motivation for that act without significantly changing the personalities of the main characters. I don't know if that would have been possible to reconcile, so this version may just go down as an incomplete pass.

Still21Still21over 3 years ago

Well that was a waste. Agree with other commenters: perfect opportunity to get some serious BTB and revenge. The entire setup, though masterfully crafted, was wasted with that less-than-ending ending.

HemmingswayHemmingswayover 3 years ago
Depressing

I usually enjoy an Alt-ending story but this is not one of them. Page one was a plausible setup but in page two Jim's character kept rolling over. As a reader, I just couldn't get engaged with the main character.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Hste

Another story that I disliked and still gave a *5 because it was so well written. All the other stories caused me to despise Linda and Marc, and this story moved them onto the hate them category. She was a an narcissistic bitch who willingly gave up her husband, and even worse, her children for the glamour life with Marc. I don't like that Brad took it all laying down and not fighting back. I suppose that MB wrote him as just wanting to be done with her. I think that in the real world, TMZ, Bleached Report, ESPN, and every other sorts outlet would.have that story and recording everywhere. Marc and Linda would be the nations hottest story, and.not in a good way. You wrote a completely different story from the other sequels, and one that I really didn't care for. I'm still waiting for the version that lets Marc and Linda pay the ultimate price for their cheating. As this story just won't die, someone will eventually write it.

terraknorterraknorover 3 years ago

So, you have information about Mark moving to SanFran team and if his current team learns his plans, it invokes a penalty clause in his current contract - That information would be divulged to the press THAT DAY. Maybe there's a reason you didn't have Jim take advantage of that info, or maybe I missed it in reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You’re not a very good writer

He records a conversation (with way too much specific info. What is this, the Hardy Boys?) with real ammunition and then sits by passively and lets them do everything they planned.

That it was a previous affair was a nice twist, and the you squandered it.

Nice job. Why did you bother?

carvohicarvohiover 3 years ago
I enjoyed it, but...

the way George set it up there really is no way anyone can find a satisfying ending.

Linda, after a married lifetime just walked out on a loyal husband for a one-night fling with a football player. Face it, she was a cold blooded bitch.

I wrote a version that I thought changed the whole scope of the tale, but in the end even with mine, there was that one immutable factor - Linda had become a cold blooded bitch.

I've thought about writing another version, and maybe will some day. If I did I'd give Linda such a short shrift she wouldn't even know what happened.

As for the football player, regardless of everyone's desire, he's invulnerable. He is too rich, too young, too in, and too cool to ever defeat or injure. Without getting political, consider the USA has a president who has committed multiple crimes, real crimes, and millions of Americans simply don't care. It's the same thing.

I gave your story a five. It was different take, and an interesting approach.

carvohi

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice Take

Contrary to others I liked this take. It was well done and very pragmatic. He didn't want her back and he wanted his kids and home. He also got money from it. Let her go, get the kids, money, move one. Nailing the "Asshole" would do nothing but have his ex-wife hanging around and clearly she did not want to be and clearly wanted nothing to do with the kids. Yup, just the kind of person who would pull the stunt she did.

In short it was really well done although not as "emotional" as other takes on this very interesting story.

Thank you MattBlackUK

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Unique

I liked it, it was a different take than the other stories. I also felt it had some realism to it, I would think a lot of men would have responded similarly to the events described.

Your are going take some heat for not burning her with the information shared on the recorder. I saw it as a trade off, he was getting the kids and after they moved, it would have been human nature for her to loose contact with the kids. If he screwed up the deal, they may not have moved and then may not have gotten custody. Though you didn’t explain it that way in the story, that’s the thoughts I gave him.

Again, it was realistic. He was shunned and she ruined his life. She got the brass ring and he got the shaft. That’s the way it goes sometimes. It would have been nice for a flash forward of few years to a graduation where she finally realized what she gave up and we see the reality of living with an asshole has taken its toll on her. Nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nope

This version did nothing to advance or improve the original story in any fashion. Sorry folks, did nothing for me.

HighpikeHighpikeover 3 years ago
Disappointing

O say the least. Matt, you had a brilliant idea for a continuation but it spluttered to a halt. You have, however, left room for all sorts of people to write alternative endings to your version. I am not marking at all. It was a five until ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sorry, but...

This is, so far, the worst of the seemingly endless takes on the original story. Give it up, folks!

frasnostfrasnostover 3 years ago

This is by far the worst continuation...

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
WTF?

Clever original premise. He had info that would fuck Marc (according to Marc) and he didn’t use it? I assumed he would give the recordings to a bunch of reporters. Story started off great and fell flat on its face. What a waste.

Rocky62Rocky62over 3 years ago

Ok but im sure the nfl owners association would have killed that team sale with player poaching going on... wasted storyline opportunity

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Good point well followed

Interesting follow up (although like many I thought I'd had enough of February), it was an unusual set up at the original dinner and this storyline is quite believable as a background to that. The ending also sadly is far more true to life, even 'leaked to the press' recordings won't get used for fear of litigation by the papers these days. So the ending was always going to be misery and Matt told it like it was. Well done Matt and thank you.

(Oh and will someone tell Harry there are far more fags, cucks and wimps (no h) in VA than in the whole of Great Britain, it's a statistical fact ....must be because Donald said so on Twitter).

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago

The original and mostly all the sequels really got under my skin. It's a very disturbing story. Ironically, this one reduced her to little more than a common slut. It's still disturbing, but she is much more common than before (in every sense of the word). However, you did increase my vocabulary and I thank you for that!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMattblackUK@MattblackUK
Writer for over 30 years. Hack journalist, decided to try writing for Literotica, too. And still having fun here 10+ years later