Felon Failing Fallen

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TMAJO
TMAJO
153 Followers

The tall woman sighed deeply, "I'll be up in a bit, let her have a seat."

***********

"And it's like I can never get through to her, you know?"

"Yeah."

"She's jumping to conclusions."

"Well, you did tell her you were falling for her."

"I was being honest! Oh god Adam, you should've seen the look on her face!"

"What were you expecting, fanfare?" Adam flipped his newly cut and highlighted hair.

"Oh come on, you know what I'm talking about. She looked so horrified, my own organs felt twisted."

"Damn."

"My point exactly." Bellinda sat with Adam in her office, chowing down with lunchtime Italian.

"Bee, try to see this through her eyes for a second. Maybe she's not comfortable with commitment, or she could just be poly."

"Pfft! I hope not."

"What would you do if she turned out to be? She's already told you she's no good about keeping it in her pants."

"I dunno. I mean, it's one thing to just fuck around and it's another thing to have multiple relationships with....feelings. And she's already said she's not capable of sustaining a relationship past a certain point."

"And I'm guessing you want to be the one to break that mold?" Adam smiled and twirled his fork.

"Well, that could be an underlying agenda, but I just want her. I don't even know what it is."

"Oh, I see, it's the 'you can't have it so you want it twice as bad' syndrome."

"Is that what you think?" Bellinda said with a slight flare in her tone.

"Well, she is hunky." Adam grinned.

"Mmmm...tall, with a super sexy voice that just makes my panties wet."

"Wow, you really do have it bad." Adam made a disgusted face.

"Well duh...how could I ever hope to resist that dark, hard body that just makes me want to submit to my master."

"Girl, that's my department, stay the fuck away." Adam said playfully.

"Oh really? I didn't think Jason was into that."

"Well, he has a lot of things in his closet, he practically lives there." Adam rolled his eyes.

"Starting to get to you huh?"

"You wouldn't believe what happened at his mother's." Adam abandoned his shrimp Alfredo.

"I thought that was this weekend?"

"He wanted to cure me of my excitement."

"Hmm...So she doesn't know he's gay?"

"Even worse, she does. He just doesn't like to quote-unquote, 'rub it in'."

"Oh poor baby." Bellinda said sympathetically.

"You're telling me. It was pitiful. There I was, in my finest Eight Avenue outfit and he's introducing me as his art consultant."

"What?!"

"Believe it, girl. I was tongue-strangled. But I just smiled, 'cause his mother knew. The look in her eye told me she knew and she was very sweet about it."

"Was that the only boo-boo?"

"Oh no, plenty. The funny thing was, he was aware of what he was doing and just before I was about to rip his head off, he apologizes for being an ass."

"And you accepted?"

"Well, he looked too cute, I couldn't help it. You know as well as I do that make-up sex is the best."

"Boy, as much as I'd like to smack some sense into you right now, I gotta say, you're right about the make-up sex."

"Why, you got some with your choco-hunk?"

"Oooh yeah." Bellinda grinned mischievously and high-fived Adam.

"Alright, spill it! I want details, as disgusting as they may be."

"Ha! You really are a sick fuck." Bellinda smiled.

"Wouldn't you like to know." Adam giggled. "But, I wanna hear your story first."

"Okay, Sunday night after you left, she pops over and well, she has a key to my place so she comes in while I'm in the shower."

"Uh-oh."

"Haha, yeah. So she's just standing there in all her glory and I'm breezing out the bathroom with my hair all wet, you know, drying it and she's there silent as a spy. When I finally open my eyes, I scream like crazy 'cause I'm not expecting her and she stands there taking pictures of me while I scream for about a full minute."

"And I'm the sick fuck?"

"Oh shut up, you are and you know it. So anyway, I remembered our chat and I got angry for a bit. I start pounding my fists on her but she's just there smiling and next thing I know, she's picking me up like I weigh nothing and boy, you can't imagine how fast I melted."

"Jeez...and don't I know your temper."

"Well, from what I've heard, it's nothing compared to hers. But, there I was, fresh and clean and about to get sooo dirty. I can't explain what it's like to be with her. It's just amazing."

"That shouldn't surprise you. She's had tons of practice."

"Even if that were true, it still doesn't explain how quickly she mastered my body."

"Bee, that's her talent. She's all about manipulating your body so you won't have time to try to steal her heart."

"Oh my gosh...t-that makes sense!" Bellinda's eyes went wide.

"That's why I'm your second brain." Adam sighed. "So tell, me. Has she succeeded? Or does she have you wanting more." Adam asked and gazed at his friend.

Adam and Bellinda eyed one another for a moment longer and as if on cue both chimed "More."

************

"It looks to me like y'all have the culprits." Mavin remarked as she scanned a file of documents.

"They're just co-conspirators. We're after bigger fish."

"Susan, I don't know what else you want from me."

"We are investigating the committee and you're a member."

"Yeah, it's my job and I've done it well."

"There's no doubt about that but a few members report suspicious behavior between you and Albert J. Morris."

Mavin scoffed, "Aight, I'm gonna be honest with you. A.J. has a habit of getting in my way when I'm working. He's a pompous pile of qualified shit and putting him in his place is hardly what I'd call suspicious."

"I see." Susan couldn't keep her lips from curling into a smile. She secretly hated him too. Something about him just turned her off.

"If anything, you need to be hassling him. I can't really claim anything as evidence but yeah, he's always tryna step on my toes, the short bastard." Mavin muttered and handed the file back to Susan.

"I'll see to it that he's placed under extra scrutiny." Susan smiled.

"Well that's your call Agent Turner. Listen, I've more important business to attend to and I'd appreciate it if y'all kept me out of this mess." Mavin said.

"I understand that. But your involvement is in the background. Think of it as being a source of information."

"Where I'm from, that's what you'd call a back-pocket snitch." Mavin chuckled.

"You're not snitching on anything. Your info will just skip the committee's process and come directly to us."

"And I'm not interested, find someone else."

"But you're the best."

"I know, but it still doesn't change the fact that this is all too fucked up and y'all are running crazy trying to cover your scorched asses."

Susan had nothing to say because it was true. Mavin had reported all her findings in her analysis but it had been largely ignored beyond the committee. Questionable drugs were being approved left, right and center despite Mavin's and a few other analysts' disapproval. Oblivion3 had been caught a little too late and various forms of it where slipping past the lower committees.

"Aight, we'll make a deal. If I notice anything out of the usual, I'll inform you ASAP. How 'bout that?"

"Deal." Susan smiled and began to make her exit.

Mavin leaned back into her chair and felt good about trimming Susan from her schedule.

**********

"Well, well, well. If it isn't your chocolate goddess sending you sweets." Adam barged into Bellinda's office wielding a small, red box of something.

"Give it here." Bellinda said just as Adam slipped the box on her desk.

"Open, open, open!" He squealed.

"There's a card..."Bellinda paused as she read the words, 'Unique beauty, delicious essence, what I crave at this very moment'. There was no name on the card but there was no doubt who it came from. Bellinda smiled and open the small box. She found a lone piece of chocolate. She lifted the papers and plastic that filled the rest of the box to make sure there wasn't anything else.

"What, you got car keys in there?" Adam asked while Bellinda searched the box.

"No, but there's only one." It wasn't until the words were off her lips that the meaning hit her. "There's only one." She said again and relished the meaning once more.

She slowly lifted the simple piece of chocolate heaven and bit into it. A rush of flavor overwhelmed her tastebuds as she salivated like a wet dream. What was it? Strawberry, caramel and rich chocolate. Bellinda felt her body heating up, an orgasm happening in the moist confines of her mouth. Her tongue begged for another piece but alas, there was only one bite left.

Bellinda suddenly had a feeling that she'd been craving something sweet all day. She was now split between saving the last bite for later and having it now. It would be too tempting to keep 'til later and if she ate it, what would she do afterwards?

"This is so stupid!" Bellinda said when she realized she was trying to make a life or death decision about a piece of chocolate.

"What is?"

Adam didn't get an answer because Bellinda tucked the last bite in her mouth and licked her finger and thumb with a satisfied moan. Her mouth coming alive again.

"It's THAT good, huh?" Adam rolled his eyes.

"Mmmm." Bellinda sighed and enjoyed the flavorgasm in her mouth that now left her tongue twitching against her palate with aftershocks.

"You sooo have it bad." Adam smiled as he went back out to his work.

Bellinda grabbed her phone as soon as she regained her senses and dialed Mavin's office. She got Mavin's secretary.

"I'm sorry, but Dr. Bright isn't accepting any calls right now."

"Could you please just let her know Bellinda Ross is on the line?"

"Not quite, but I could take a message."

"Please Zoë, it's very important. Just let her know." Bellinda implored.

Bellinda heard the voice sighing, "Alright, hold for a moment."

"Sure, thank you."

Zoë prayed she wouldn't lose her job. Mavin had made it clear she didn't want to be bothered for the next hour. Zoë buckled her courage and punched into Mavin's line. "Mavin, I know you didn't want to be bugged but Bellinda Ross is on hold for you and she says it's very important."

Mavin's temper flared briefly and then cooled immediately she heard who was calling. "Yes, put her through."

"I'm really sorry about this boss."

"You're lucky it was her. She's the exception." Mavin caught herself saying.

"Yes, I'll put her on." Zoë sighed with relief.

Mavin clicked into her other line with a faint smile on her face. "Hey baby, did you get my treat?"

"Yes, I did...and I loved it."

"That's good, so how's your day so far?" Mavin said through a smile.

"Long, but interesting. You know the New Year's show I'm planning? Well, a lot goes into stuff like that. It's gotta be different every year with new artists, new displays, new themes and just...new." Bellinda said.

"Excellent. How's that coming along with your schedule on the other project?"

"Oh, that's done. There's hardly anything left to do except wait out the construction and deal with design issues when actual practicality comes under question."

"Good, I think I'd like to see the finished product."

"Maybe, I haven't seen it either so, you know, legally bound."

"Yeah. Listen, what do you think about going for a drive tomorrow morning?"

"Mavin, it's winter."

"Yes, I know."

"And you suddenly want pneumonia?"

"Ah, don't worry 'bout that. We'll be plenty warm."

Bellinda's mind went in a million directions of what 'warm' meant in conjunction with Mavin.

"Well, the roads will be clear so I guess it can work."

"Aight then, I'll get you at seven."

"Isn't that too early?"

"Nah, it's best at that time and we could get some breakfast."

Again, Bellinda's mind had a blast deciding whether 'it' meant the driving, or something else.

"Okay baby, swing by and we'll go cruising. I wouldn't mind getting warm with you." Bellinda said through a smile.

"Don't worry, I'll have you sweating." Mavin grinned.

"Hmm okay, I'll talk to you later."

"Yeah." Mavin said and clicked the line off even though she wanted to wait for Bellinda to hang up first. 'What the fuck is wrong with you?'

*********

"Hey doc, don't turn around."

"Why not?" José said, turning swiftly on his heels to face a masked gunman.

"I said don't fucking turn around. Do you have a problem with fucking instructions?!"

"No, but I got a problem with that gun you're waving around." José grinned.

"You're not afraid?" The gunman asked in surprise.

"I have lived and I'm happy. If you decide to kill me, I won't be the one living with guilt."

The silencer-modified 45mm cocked, "Don't fucking assume anything about my conscience old man."

"Calm down before you shoot your foot. Now tell me, is this a new drill Hairo's working on?" José turned around to key his SAAB, "I think I heard something in the works about this."

"No but you're about to hear the me blow your brains out."

"What are you waiting for?" José laughed again, "Would you like to see me run? I bet you'd get a good laugh. Tell Hairo the drill is fantastic."

"Unbelievable!" The masked gunman shrieked. "It's not supposed to be a happy time for you."

"I'm always happy. Life is too short and as you're in a good position to prove that right, I'll enjoy however much time I have left."

José stood in the D-level parking lot of the research and test facility he'd helped to build, awaiting this game to end. José was scared shitless but he tried to relieve his own tension the best way he knew how, with laughter. So far, it was working for him but also against him because the gunman was becoming aggravated. Was it even real?

"Listen pops, I don't know what the fuck you've been toking on in those labs, but I'm about to smoke you!"

*********

Mavin sighed and considered how she was feeling. She had to determine what she really wanted. She didn't want a relationship but that was more out of fear than anything else. She'd never actually admit that to herself but she knew it. Somewhere in the crowded back of her mind, she knew. She'd been burnt too many times to count. But of course, she'd always toyed with fire. The last time she'd been scorched, though she'd stayed clear of the flames. Now she wasn't even sure of that anymore. It was all a blur.

It all came down to whether or not she could tolerate herself with Bellinda. Bellinda was already having problems with things that hadn't even occurred yet. Okay, so she screwed around with Eva a few times but that didn't factor into anything. Eva was her close friend of many years and the sex was just that, sex. But how long could she deal with her insatiable urges? She could bury herself deeper in her work but that wouldn't be a perfect solution. She couldn't dream of Bellinda as an outlet, that would be unfair and thoroughly wrong. The only other option was to remain as she was. But Bellinda stood to get hurt and she didn't want that.

Mavin wracked her brain for another hour or so. She planned on telling the redhead how she felt. She felt like her sanity depended on her being a selfish dog. Mavin chuckled to herself at the irony of it all. Would a relationship really be that bad? Getting to know Bellinda and her quirks and sharing herself with the green-eyed woman. But she didn't like the idea of being vulnerable. Monogamy was out of the equation. So she kept her defenses up and sealed up a few cracks that seemed to be showing up.

"Paging Doctor Bright...Bright to D level." Mavin was snapped out of her reverie.

"Yeah, yeah, what do you want?" She answered her set just as the alarms went off in the building.

"Oh man, we need you down here boss." Hairo called in.

"I'm on my way." Mavin said and slipped out of her office.

She walked right into the commotion as people scrambled back and forth like derailed ants. Unsure of where to go with all the alarms ringing and flashing. Was there a fire? Well, the sprinklers weren't on, so that couldn't be it. Mavin widened her pace as she navigated the crowding hallways. She'd have to go the long route since the elevators couldn't be relied upon, especially if she didn't know what was going on. She remembered the radio that was clipped to her belt and shook her head in time to get another frantic page from Hairo.

"Where are you Doc?"

"What the hell is going on down there?"

"He's been shot....lots of blood." Hairo babbled.

"What?!" Mavin squeezed the radio as if it would somehow make more sense that way. "Who's been shot?"

"Doctor Sanchez."

"José?!" Mavin stopped walking and started running.

Everything now became a blur. Are you sure? She wanted to ask but that would be stupid. Everyone in the building knew who José was. He'd made damn sure of that. Mavin tore through the halls and turned right into the next elevator shaft since she was sure that was safe. It was so fucking good to be sure. She relished the feeling as well as the guilt it brought on. José's been shot. She didn't want to believe it, but she was on her way alright.

Mavin jumped off the elevator the minute she was sure her head could fit through the opening door. She flew down into the D level lot. The ambulance flashed in the distance. There was a stretcher with someone on it. Mavin got closer and felt someone grabbing at her coat. She spun around and saw Hairo. Hairo stood and saw the rage in Mavin's face. He quickly let go and pointed to the stretcher.

"The cops wanna talk to you." Hairo said to the freezing air as Mavin was already by the gurney with a firm grip on José's coat.

The words never came. Mavin stood blank minded, trembling in her rage and confusion. While her mentor and friend lay with his head a bloody mess, his face disfigured without his cheeky grin. His skin, a pallid shade of gray, cold and dead like the season permitted. Mavin felt herself being pushed and pulled, she couldn't tell but her feet were planted firmly. The feeling continued and she felt woozy. She hated the bile threatening to rise up so she pushed or pulled back and someone fell.

**********

"It's all set, bastard practically killed himself laughing."

"Excellent, your compensation awaits you."

The now unmasked gunman flipped off the sleek cellphone and tossed it into the manicured bushes from gloved hands. Walking out of Lecter Corp., escaping casually.

*********

At first, Mavin was just paralyzed by the endless train of thoughts zipping through her head but soon enough, her feelings became acute. She felt guilt like she'd never known and it didn't stop at José being shot under her watch. No, it spread out like a sticky web, grabbing her personal relationship to José as well as whatever seemed to growing between her and Bellinda. Oh fuck! She had to tell Bellinda.

"Doctor Bright?"

What would she say and how? She felt responsible for her friend's death. Hell, she might as well have pulled the trigger herself. How the fuck did it happen? Mavin choked on guilt and without stopping herself, channeled her confusion into anger. Medical officials scrambled to get José's body away from the scene but Mavin held her grip on José's coat. After a few minutes, she finally let go and watched as her friend's body was moved into the waiting ambulance.

"A moment please Doctor Bright?"

Mavin wheeled around just as the doors shut and glared at the man in front of her. She saw the badge hanging around his neck. "My mentor and best friend has been murdered and I don't think talking to me will help you catch the lowlife piece of frostbitten shit that did it."

"That's a very good start and I apologize for your loss." He paused and studied Mavin's face for a few beats. "Name's Wagner, I'm the investigating Detective on this development." He said and extended his hand.

TMAJO
TMAJO
153 Followers