Fia's Storm Ch. 03

Story Info
Fia tests Jack's patience.
1.4k words
4.58
1.3k
2
Story does not have any tags

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/11/2023
Created 10/23/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello readers! Hope you enjoy part 3 - Any feedback is appreciated

Fia's eyes fluttered awake with the light streaming in from the cabin's windows, streaking warm beams across the bed of rippling honey veins. Lying next to her, in her direct line of sight were 2 piles of leather-bound books and a parchment envelope with her name on the front. Swift, Fielding, Voltaire, and Marquis de Sade were among the authors. Fia warmed with glee at the sheer number of stories at her disposal, though she felt shame for how she had earned them. She reached for the envelope and tore it open to discover a note and an ornate looking key.

Uncrumpling the note, she read out the loose scrawl : "As promised."

Lifting the key and stumbling to the balcony door, she slid the bit into the keyhole. She heard it lock into place and turned it with a satisfying click, swinging it open to reveal a small balcony on the ship's stern with a wooden bench and an observation post. She lay on the sun-dappled bench and opened Gulliver's Travels and began to read, forgetting where, why, and who she was.

Sometime later, Fia lifted from the pages and resumed with reality, studying her surroundings. She could hear the men speaking from the deck, feel the somnolent warmth of the sun on her body, hear the soothing lapping of the waves against the ship. Considering her circumstances, she theorized that a more respectable woman might fling herself from the boat's deck while she had the chance. She was not this woman. She longed to live -- to have adventures, to squeeze every ounce of joy from each moment, to force life to send her out kicking and screaming with a violent rattle that would frighten death itself.

The thought of escape had entered her mind although she hardly had an idea how she would do it. Perhaps when they inevitably docked somewhere, she could rush from the ship, never looking back. But where would she go? How would she live? She would figure it out -- she always did.

Fia stood from the bench and walked to the railing's edge looking out at the placid water. She felt exhilarated but frightened, full of energy but trapped, an endless ocean lay before her and she was confined to a room.

Just then the door opened and Jack strode out onto the balcony, fixing his eyes on Fia who was standing in his white nightshirt, wrapped in a thin blanket from the bed. With her black hair falling in locks around her shoulders, she remained unmoved, holding her gaze on the ocean.

"Thank you for the books." Fia said, not moving her eyes from the horizon.

"I gave you my word." Jack said advancing.

Fia turned to see him moving towards her and began to back up slowly, eventually bumping her backside against the farthest end of the balcony's railing. Jack smiled at the show of frightened wariness, entertained by how bravery and cautiousness seemed to work in tandem within her.

"Are you afraid of me?" he chuckled.

"No." she replied trying to sound as casual, though she kept as much distance between them as possible.

He strode up to her and ran his hand through her dark hair, touching the small of her back.

"Come with me" he said softly.

"But I -," she began to protest, but before she could finish, he lifted her over his shoulder and carried her into the cabin.

Dropping her onto the chaise next to his study, he walked to the bar, opening a few bottles, and pouring. He returned with 2 rocks glasses filled with dark liquor, handing her one. Fia reached out and took the glass from his hand.

The sun was beginning to set, casting a tawny glow over the cabins many curiosities. Objects which had seemed sinister against the moonlit storm: a lopsided globe, an antique sword, a landscape of a seaside cliff, now seemed to take on a magical quality, bathing in the thick, final droplets of sun.

Fia eyed her glass shrewdly as she saw Jack take a sip of his from the corner of her eye.

"I'm not going to poison you, if that's what your concerned about." He said chuckling. "Do you want to drink mine and I'll have yours?" he offered, reaching for her glass.

She she shook her head, resigning herself to what had been offered. If he had wanted to give her something that would hurt her, he would find a way to give it to her she thought, taking a sip.

Tasting the strong liquor, Fia inhaled sharply and closed her eyes tightly. Jack smirked watching her.

"If I'm dead in 15 minutes, you are going to be bored tonight." Fia joked, suddenly feeling more assured than she had in days.

Jack snorted, taken aback by her brazenness. "And if you are still alive?" he challenged her.

Fia looked down at her drink, feeling unstable once again and unsure of what to say. In place of a response, she drained her glass.

"You need to eat." Jack asserted, placing a roll of bread and some fruit on a plate for her from his desk and striding to stand next to where she sat.

Though the thought of food had not occurred to her, now having it offered, her stomach gnawed at her and she realized how desperately she did need something to stable her. She took the plate from Jack's hands and began to devour the food urgently, feeling like a wild animal.

"Slow," Jack cautioned smiling, "I'm sorry I let you get so hungry, you can let me know if you need something."

Fia nodded, finishing the last of the roll.

"Will you let me leave when we dock somewhere?" Fia asked, sensing a softness in this moment she wanted to capitalize on.

"That's something you want, not something you need" Jack said firmly.

Fia felt her stomach drop, her face visibly blanched.

"How long will you keep me for?" she murmured, casting her glance at the floor.

Jack knelt beside her, pulling her chin upwards to face him, though her eyes remained cast downwards.

"Eyes up." He commanded smoothly. Fia remained obstinate, her eyes fixed on a ring in the wooden floor.

"Are you going to challenge me now?" he laughed mockingly, making her feel small. Grabbing the back of Fia's hair, he jerked her head sharply back and breathed into her ear.

"Do you know what happens to people who disobey me?" Jack whispered, bringing his other hand to her throat.

Tightening his grip, he carried her across the floor by her neck and slammed her roughly into the opposite wall. She struggled against him, attempting to push him away but he remained steadfastly unmoved. His casual strength made her feel foolish.

She felt her head get lighter and her vision narrowed as he gripped her neck tighter.

"Do you need to breathe?" he taunted, pinning her to the wall with his body. "If you need to breathe, look me in the eyes." He commanded.

Feeling herself start to slip into unconsciousness, her eyes involuntarily rolled up to meet his. Within an instant, his grasp loosened, and she dropped to the floor, gasping and choking.

The captain looked on and let out an disapproving sigh. Fia's angry eyes looked up through the mess of her black hair to meet his. When he saw her rage, it surprised and excited him.

"Please don't make me hurt you more" he cooed, kneeling to meet her.

"I'm not afraid of you" she said unconvincingly. She kicked herself for flinching as he reached his hand out to part her hair from her face.

"Really?" He chuckled, "that's not what it seems like to me." He gently stroked her cheek and smiled.

Just then a knock at the cabin door interrupted them --

"Captain.... We have a ...uh... a bit of a situation." Came a voice from the other side.

"Give me a moment." Jack called back and after getting to his feet, crossed the room to his desk and opened a drawer. From the drawer he lifted a coil of rope and strode back to where Fia was kneeling.

With pleading eyes she began to move her body away from his as he shushed her whimpers and advanced towards her. He easily lifted her body and placed her against the wall, grabbing her bruised wrists and binding them with the rope, the other end which affixed to a looped hook. When she was secured, he turned and left the room.