All Comments on 'Fight from the Inside'

by IABH

Sort by:
  • 169 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Women and men need to realize that no one will or shoul compete for them, if you want someone else go for it but leave your current partner before that.

Bebop3Bebop3about 2 years ago

An enjoyable story.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeffabout 2 years ago

Just a few random thoughts. Debbie will cheat on Chris, at some future date. Not sure when, but she will. Chris should just move on. 1 * and that's generous.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 2 years ago

1 star. If you solve issues with violence, that makes you a bad man. What happens when she burns his supper? Is he going to beat the shit out of her? Maybe he’ll tell her that it’s her fault for not getting it right. After all, that’s how you solve problems: beat her enough and she won’t do it wrong.

jazzharpjazzharpabout 2 years ago

Another good one. I like your style.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 years ago

I loved the ending!

5

lujon2019lujon2019about 2 years ago

so I cant help but notice you have a no sex tag in a story wherein the couple had sex

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 2 years ago

Don't see what made her change so radically.

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

This is your basic deux ex machina type of tale. The wife is your basic sociopathic narcissist; a condition confirmed by her repeated insistence on at first the swinging, and later the permissive cuckolding. Even in the face of the husbands utter intransigence she still believes it is her right to cheat. The only thing holding her in check is the certainty of losing her husband.

Thus she is a sociopath not merely a narcissist. A sociopath cannot unconditionally “love” another as others exist only to serve as walking tools that gratify the sociopath’s momentary emotional impulses. With unconditional love you value the other’s needs above yours. This unconditional love forms the foundation of a lasting marriage in which both partners are able to create the safe place called home. Here they can relax lower their defenses and be themselves warts and all because they know they are unconditionally cherished.

Debbie is in pornea with her husband. Pornea is the Greek word for lust which better translates as using another as an object or walking tool to gratify one’s momentary emotional sexual impulses. She is a latent sexual addict who has the proverbial monkey on her back. She will constantly look for a bigger cock, greater expertise, greater power as she as a sociopath is utterly amoral. This is her core motivation which cannot be changed.

A sociopath can only be constrained by the fear of outside punishment; in this case it is the threatened divorce action by the husband. This institutes her reactive separate counseling in which she learns her triggers and behavior modification to avoid future acting out betrayal. Their reuniting sex plus his pollyannish trust that she will control her pornea lead to the final RAAC.

Unfortunately nothing has really changed. She is still a sociopath who has learned some outward coping mechanisms to deal with her pornea. That is her core condition. She can and will betray her husband in the future giving proper triggering circumstances.

The husband thus will assume the role of chief warden in the prison that their marriage now becomes. He will have to constantly monitor his wife’s behavior awaiting her certain future betrayal. This is the sure definition of Hell on Earth not the specious “happy ever” nonsense provided by the author.

3 stars for the unsupported RAAC nonsense.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 2 years ago

Nice. I liked how proactive the husband was. Kicking the shit out of the guy who was trying to turn him into a cuck was a nice touch.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 years ago

The wife was really stupid and immature.

I have to tip my hat on Chris, his love truly gave the marriage a fighting chance even though he thought of ending it because of Debbie's stubborn stupidity.

And it is a good thing Debbie is in individual counseling as Debbie's itch to have sex with strangers is still not eradicated. I just hope her itch won't make her take a dive and destroy the marriage. Chris will have trust issues with Debbie for a time but it's great he gave their marriage one more chance.

/

The counselor was a smart guy. Knew a trick to deal with the pent-up horniness of the couple. Glad the trick worked.

/

Thanks IABH. No cucks.

Almost.

Nice work.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 2 years ago

The intro was dripping with condescension and pretentiousness, that alone got a 1* from me. Before you start pigeonholing the readers, find some talent.

BrentJWBrentJWabout 2 years ago

Good read. Servant111's deep analysis is dead on, but I disagree with his conclusion. For a macho guy keeping his minions (wife) in line is not Hell on earth. In a strange way their personalities fit together. She likes to dream about cheating and he enjoys being king and preventing it. Not my cup of tea but I've seen much stranger marriages survive. It sad but it happens.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

They were still moving forward in a positive and loving way, so the last time we met, I wished them all the best and whispered to Debbie that if she ever wanted to fuck behind Chris' back, she should write my phone number first on the list.

My erection hadn't weakened after they left when I got a call from her.

irinmikeirinmikeabout 2 years ago

Why would any man want to remain with a twit like this woman who thinks she can singularly redefine the tenants of their marriage. Simple solution move aesy from this job or face divorce.

secretsalsecretsalabout 2 years ago

@ReadyOne: "Don't see what made her change so radically."

Was it that radical, or just gradual? She'd already been pestering him about swinging at various points in the marriage. Then she had the forked tongues of a homewrecking harpy in one ear and a wannabe bull in the other, so she found some misplaced confidence and stepped her plan up. Got toasted in the end, but can conceivably see the motivation.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 2 years ago

I really liked this a lot. One of the better takes on the marriage counseling theme on here.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 2 years ago

Servant111, did you get all that from one of those YouTube channels that supposedly "seriously examined" aberrant behavior and personality disorder? Or was it a blog?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

No thanks. Another bunch of senseless garbage.

kelchakelchaabout 2 years ago

Really nice tale. Rates a 5*

Slick742Slick742about 2 years ago

The Predator got busted. Love it but have the feeling the wife will still be looking. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

After reading servant111 what would you say Putin is sociopath . meglomaniac ,paranoid or just plain mad like Trump.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very good, creative, well written. there was sex but not the drawn out dripping sweat descriptions that seem to be so detailed that they are written for 14yr old boys. And yes beating the hell out of your wife's lover is stress releiving, but cost me 18 days in jail, when I got out I tossed her ass to the curb and divorced her. I still miss her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved the part about morning wood!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

No, she is a lying cheat. throw her ass out. 2

lukeshortlukeshortabout 2 years ago

I know this is fiction but, I call B.S. on this one. It is fantasy. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sorry 3*. I don’t believe she never cheated. I don’t think a RAAC works for this story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

"I couldn't wait to get the husband's side and see what she wasn't telling me." - Her side is bad enough!

\

"Oh, yes! I'm the one who decided to limit it. I'm not always in the mood, you know." - So her husband is a terrific lover who will do it whenever she's "in the mood," so why does she need any other guy?

\

"I want him to agree and be okay with me having sex with someone other than him one time." - Like we believe it would be just one time! If it's good enough to be worth the risk to her marriage, it should be good enough to want to do it again.

\

"Oh! So, you don't trust me and have to have a spy?" - He obviously needs one!

\

"Chris, you can never rebuild trust by following or having her followed. I'd like to ask you to stop that so we can work on the trust piece." - That makes no sense! SHE'S the one who needs to rebuild trust by not being untrustworthy.

\

"It was clear that Chris wasn't going to budge, at least not at that early stage." - "at least not at that early stage?" Why should he be expected to budge at all?

\

"if they won't switch their position, they have to want to compromise and meet somewhere near the middle" - What "middle position" is there between cheating and not cheating? Only oral and no intercourse?

\

Chris is doing what all the cheating wives say that he should do: He's fighting for the marriage, but she's already surrendered to the enemy.

\

"I didn't think he would follow me after serving me divorce papers." - Why should that matter? So, if he didn't follow you it would have been okay?

\

"His pride and ego needed some support." - Can we please leave his "pride and ego" out of it?

lukeshortlukeshortabout 2 years ago

Re my previous comment; If an author can write a story that me dislike it that much, it must be a pretty good story. I need to disregard story content and concentrate on story quality. Even though I don't like the content, it is a well written story and deserves a good rating. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Liked it enough to give it a 4. It's an interesting variation, coming from the therapist's-eye-view. Not that this has never been done before (UKResearcher and JennyGently have both used this device, as well as others whose handles I don't recall at the moment). But it's still rare enough to feel fresh. I also think the nicely worded last sentence doesn't guarantee that the apparent RAAC lasted. The marriage could very well have fallen apart subsequently, and with signed divorce papers in Chris' attorney's office, there would be no further court-ordered counseling, and so any "tune-up" session would have to be mutually agreed upon. So it is definitely within the realm of possibility (within the parameters of this story) that the lengthy and well-reasoned comments from servant111 would prove to have been prescient.

kirei8kirei8about 2 years ago

She had already cheated emotionally on him many times. That alone is unforgivable. She is just lucky to have married to a total schmuck. I don't mean that in a bad way, just that his feelings override his common sense. She will cheat on him in the future when the " right excuse " enters her brain. He needs to have copies of the divorce papers displayed on every wall of every room in the house to remind him of the inevitable and her of what will happen when she does.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 2 years ago

Nice review "servant111". "deux ex machina" indeed.

Debbie has been like this through much of their marriage. Chris has been and will have to forever be, her warden. The story ends on a happy, happy note but it sentences Chris to a life of uncertainty and suffering. Debbie gets to carry on mostly unchanged.

The counselor uses a female trick, use sex to get what you want. He makes Chris move back in. He requires they have to sleep together. He insists they kiss. Chris is a real sap to go along. The counselor is supposed to be looking for a good solution for BOTH of them. He reasons that Chris is unhappy about leaving Debbie, even though Chris clearly shows that he is willing to do so. He had divorce papers served on her immediately. Most people going through a divorce are troubled. It takes a while to get their equilibrium back. That is NOT a reason to glue the people back together again.

The author wanted a RAAC so that is what we got.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

In the end, the therapist did little to fix things. Debbie had OD’d on Martian Slut Ray vapors, and truly WAS in process of committing marital suicide. Mr therapist did little to arrest that trajectory.

.

What DID alter her course was Chris finally stepping in and stepping ON the prospective lover. AND in getting in the face of Vanessa the man hater who was stoking Debbie’s already burning desires…long held…for some “strange”. And of course then filing for divorce —- which despite her clear intentions to cheat, something Debbie did not want.

.

We’ll have to take it on faith that Debbie’s OTHER therapist had managed to get her to start her de-tox from the effects of the Martian Slut Ray —- without THAT happening, the marriage was still toast. And of course, Chris must have been deep,y deeply in love with Debbie to have hung on thru all of this for so long.

.

Nice story. Solid 4 ****

Forto02Forto02about 2 years ago

I loved this story.

I digged the way he handled the Lothario. Satisfying.

In the end, he defeated his wife and straighten her.

*five stars*

*****

jflindersjflindersabout 2 years ago

If ever two people didn't belong together, this is the pair. It is hard to imagine how they ended up getting married in the first place. Each of them would be better off with someone whose desires and plans are more consistent with their own. What a miserable life.

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 2 years ago

Gave you 5 stars. Interesting story. good development.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Debbie was kept from cheating by the perversion of Mark. She was intent on making Chris a cuckold. Was she still in contact with Vanessa? No mention was made of that. Overall, the author totally betrayed the Chris character with taking back and waiting for the inevitable with Debbie. A good ending would have been Chris and Debbie at the counselor and her gushing about their renewed sex life and Chris having required a signed divorce before allowing it to happen. Chris then says, "about that, you can spend this hour getting some direction on how to get on with your life cause I'm done with you."

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 2 years ago

Servannt111... that is absolutely some of the best analysis of a cheating wife character that I have ever read in 20 years here at literotica

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I wouldn't trust her slimy lying ass. Vanessa should be tarred and feathered and tied to a sign that says, 'I am proud of breaking up marriages. So far I broke 20.'

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Boyd's never read a story he didn't like. No shock there, but... wow. This woman is completely unlikable, at least by any rational human that's not only interested in getting in her skanky, disease-riddled pants. A RAAC here makes even less sense than usual. A little payback for the latest dick guest-starring in her cheating pussy doesn't really solve that. And never will.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved the part about morning wood

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Any story that treats "counseling" or "therapy" as anything other than a modern superstition loses stars. This is some prime nonsense: "She shrugged her shoulders. "Fine, I suppose. We've been working on understanding and managing my triggers and defenses. I'm learning new limits and incorporating changes to my behavior."

This did have moments of interest, so it gets a 2.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 2 years ago

Interesting. Counselling people when you want to scream "You idiot!" and one of them is an interesting experience. 4* for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Since the wife has attempted to get the husband to agree to sex outside of the marriage numerous times over the marriage I'm not confident that any amount of therapy is going to change her for the better in any significant manner. This is just but a temporary truce in the on going war. She'll bide her time and wait until the husband relaxes his guard again and then they'll be right back where they were before. For the wife this is a war of attrition. She'll continue and try and wear him down over the long haul until she gets what she wants. He should have divorced her and been done with it and moved forward with his life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Someone needs to give Whackdoodle a good beating.

FireFox59FireFox59about 2 years ago

Good story but no, this wife is too far gone to even remotely trust her again. She has brought up swinging multiple times throughout their marriage and each time the husband gave her an emphatic no yet she persists with it again and again. I'm getting the impression that she wants to make her husband a willing cuckold to satisfy her own warped mind. Cut your losses and move on. And the guy at work needed his ass kicked. He might think twice before he trys to cuckold another husband.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Verifying is EXACTLY how you rebuild trust. WTF? And it’s not him following her. It’s her dad.

Why has he not moved on years ago? Shame on him.

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 years ago

A well thought out and presented story. I think I will take a look at the rest of yourvwork

RougeHunterRougeHunterabout 2 years ago

It's like the counselor changed in the last part for no other reason than to make this into a RAAC story. Really since we see the story from her perspective, we can see her thought process and there was a sudden turn for no reason.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Fun story but no way this works out in the long run

MormonJackMormonJackabout 2 years ago

Awesome, thank you!

Maybe it felt more real to me, IDK, but I felt betrayed by the counselor when we learn the wife lied to the counselor in her first visit (that she hadn't seen the paramour since she was thrown out) and, in the first joint session, the counselor fails to make any point of the lies when we learn she had been seeing the paramour nearly every day. To me the counselor gave her a free pass.

Hiram325Hiram325about 2 years ago

I have zero issue with Mark Stein having the happy horseshit kicked out of him... I'm not one of the pearl clutching violence ninnies among the commenters on this site.

SimpleGuySquaredSimpleGuySquaredabout 2 years ago

3* for this one. There are a two glaring issues that are addressed that do not provide any logical rationale for how the characters interact. The wife is a sociopathic narcissist (thank you servant111, very well commented) who will never change. Treatment resistance by both sociopaths and narcissists is well documented. Put the two together in one personality and you have an insurmountable obstacle.

And the husband is very much. Getting physical with the idiot suitor and vocal in the bank are good indicators of his response system. RAAC with her is just an exercise in futility. The fact that she was ready to consummate the cuckoldry and was only held off because the other guy was so much into creating cuckolds is a huge red flag.

Counseling for her personality type will only provide her with the tools necessary to hide her true nature. The only logical choice: kick the bitch out and move on.

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 2 years ago

5* Thanks for the well thought out story. Debbie is a narcissitic sociopath but I think she really does want to be with Chris. Beating up the boyfriend and embarassing the love birds at work was a nice touch.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

A bit unorthodox, and not sure it would play out in real life, but I found it entertaining if nothing else. 5*

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

That was an excellent story! I agreed with the husband. She did want to keep the marriage, so a big dose of reality woke her up. However, she was still playing and it wasn't until the beat down that she really got the message. So, it all rests on her private therapy and whether she can curb her narcissism. I'm guess she will eventually cheat once she starts to take him for granted again. Still, it was a very realistic story told very well.

skruff101skruff101about 2 years ago

Yeah they got divorced. No need to go back. Pessimistic or what.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

@lujon2019

so I cant help but notice you have a no sex tag in a story wherein the couple had sex - And how many other stories that included sex without the sex tag did you read and not comment!

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 2 years ago

I like the idea of a post-nup better than signed divorce papers

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Pretty well written story but obviously a flawed conclusion. He's too big to rape.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just another cuck story about a weak willed pussy being lead around by his dock.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitabout 2 years ago

Well written but not plausible for me. At the point that he had to rely on his father-in-law exposing her lies it became ludicrous. The idea that somehow because he loved her so much he would endure the trauma of staying with a cheater is just too much. For a guy with such strong views on things he sure didn’t stick with them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why are you apologizing in advance for violence? Show me anytime in the history of the planet, let alone mankind when there hasn't been violence?Look at themovies. Violence is not censored, but loving sex is. It is in our DNA. True it should be a last resort in most cases but at times it is necessary. How do you think the demonstrations in Hong Kong were stopped?Don't be afraid to use it in fictional stories if it helps with the flow and seems necessary, Like in movies such as "The 7 Samuari+ and the obscure movie "Men with Guns" about a Doctor that went to a South American country to provide medical aid.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionabout 2 years ago

The doctor's outside view takes me out of the story. I want to feel the drama, not assess it from a logical standpoint.

Jamborama2Jamborama2about 2 years ago

Since it's a sure thing that she will cheat eventually, I agree with BlueEyd2 .... get a postnup.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Stein getting his ass kicked and brought down a few notches was the best part of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story but i dont know any guy that would have made it to this point. Several times she asks for sex outside of marriage.

demanderdemanderabout 2 years ago

What does it mean to say that he loves her, when she treated him the way she did? My experience, love has to be reciprocal. If not, it's a disease. I liked the story, but I couldn't understand why he wanted still to be with her. Just saying he loved her doesn't clarify that. D

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

I thought that was a great story. A different approach to the old the wife wants to experience another man story. Chris is winning now, but he’ll have to watch this idiot, narcissistic bitch closely as long as they’re married. I’m not certain that the stress would be worth it. Chris stomping Mark’s ass was the best part of your story. I agree that should have been his first move.

OOAAOOAAabout 2 years ago

I didn't like this story..... Not at all.... really bastard way of acting from the husband Chris. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
1 star Not worth the read

I gave 1 star and noted "Not worth the read." Your writing and story lines are usually better than this.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

oo fucking stupid for words, kid.

You did nothing but use the same wife that everyone does.

You also used the same misogynistic attitude so many writers do when you projected the actual attitude of many men onto women with this little bit of idiocy "I nodded. It was another case of a wife wanting something different. I had to force myself to not prejudge her, but it was difficult. Her attitude of self-entitlement was coming through clearly and I couldn't wait to get the husband's side and see what she wasn't telling me."

Yes, you gave no one anything new, just more of the tired, worn out cliches that every other lazy writer who wants accolades for doing nothing more than doing a poor mans cut and paste story. Guess that explains why you went for the lowest common denominator in the readership, because the rest of us would read this and either laugh or yawn.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Too much fantasy, that doesn't work in real life

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

All he had to do was to have the papers file will the court. Fick the shit out of her and when the devorice is finally kick her ass to the curb.

xtc5xtc5about 2 years ago

I wish there was a 4 and a half rating. I liked the story better than 4 stars' but not enough for a 5. You at least got a new follower.

Thanks for the story.

jazzharpjazzharpabout 2 years ago

I admit that I circle around to see if my comment actually survived. I'm astounded by LW comments on stories as if they're true, not fiction. My own comments are on the author's writing skill and whether it is a good tale.

The "COMMENTS" are fascinating, irritating, depressing, and makes you wonder or despair about many of the readers. The comments are a story unto themselves.

I always like seeing AngelRiders's comments, almost always one of the most intelligent.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

I had to google that. He wanted me to have sloppy seconds and eat his filth out of her willingly. why would u type that, thats not even remotely true. and thats the fetish version

cuck·old

/ˈkəkəld,ˈkəkōld/

Learn to pronounce

nounDATED

a man whose wife is sexually unfaithful, often regarded as an object of derision.

"jokes in literature about elderly cuckolds and misers are rife"

verb

(of a man) make (another man) a cuckold by having a sexual relationship with his wife.

"in the novel Humberto cuckolds his employer" this is what happens when u google cuckold

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

yeah postnup for sure. for me it was her asking throughout their marriage. took down twenty marriages he should have recorded that wouldnt make it to a court room but there has to be something illegal in there

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story but far fetched. ending not likely but it is fiction

TonyspencerTonyspencerabout 2 years ago

Yeah, I liked it as a slightly different story that works.

imhaplessimhaplessabout 2 years ago

Cute and different; I like cute and different. 5*

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 years ago

I really liked the story even if most didn't. Guess i am an old romantic in a btb galaxy.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

I found it interesting that her claims to the contrary, that she was perfectly fine with cheating behind his back, it was MARK who wanted to cuckold him.

\

@enderlocke77, yes, that's the dictionary definition. Even a husband who goes scorched earth BTB is still a cuckold. That's why many of us use "cuck" to describe the cuckold fetish stories.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

1 star - to me the wife came across as a person who is a few bricks short of a full load, or had been blasted with a Martian Slut Ray. The most compelling evidence is her continual revisiting the need for outside sexual stimulation, while her husband has continually demonstrated absolutely NO interest whatsoever. The RAAC at the end was not well laid out and sort of jumped off the page from out in left field. It felt rushed and not well thought out.

I think they should have divorced, because given her history, the external sexual stimulation will probably be brought up every 3 to 5 years for the rest of her life. Better to dump her now and move on to someone who does not have that kind of need. There are far more single women out here than men - we can pick and chose.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Insane RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The only reason the marriage didn't fail is that the guy wanted the husband to know about the cheating. That's bizarre.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not a typical anonymous comment.

I've been reading lw stories here for 10 years. I'm saddened that Ohio isnt praised for some influence of this here particular story trope now auto generated as author challenge invitational rewrite ideas. Even HDK loved and respected Ohio. HIV was never a fan, but he loved a comment on your story more than he loves any stories on here. HIV has been reading here even longer than 10 years, I am sure. This story template of therapist POV, I think, not sure, might just have been originally collab created to actually GET HIV some, any kind of, therapy, even if sneaky-like. He is quite legendary in the LW commentaries for needing therapy.

Ok, back to the story.

Heres the issue. Serventcommentperson has a point about narcissists and sociopaths, but this story doesnt provide enough proof for accurate diagnosis. But my issue is, slash, has been ,low these last 10 years, reading stories here my greatest and largest pet peeve!!! This story format of counselor as narrator is perfect framing for the question that never gets asked in these little soap operas. Why do you even want to stay married?

WHY DO YOU WANT TO STAY MARRIED????

apparently it is the one question none of these authors have their characters answer. But it is the only important one to ask if RAAC is going to be on the menu.

Heres the thing. Narcissist or not. She is alot more interesting than you wrote her. He cant be understand either unless you explain why he'd be willing to keep her.

This story gives us literally the clinical setting with which to dive deep into these characters, but you never take us there.

Fair.

Author is not a counselor.

But without a more experienced voice, these characters, all of them, but especially narrator will strike as false, and the response will suffer

Ask both characters motivation for WHY the fuck they wa ant to stay married!!??!! If they can not say, then there just might NOT be a reason. Again, so RAAC can not work.

For this couple. I'd even see the kids get credit for why. Not enough. But a good start.

But the absence of any of this is glaring.

Your point seemed to create therapy as pointless. Ok, but that position is still uneducated. I would resist therapy too, but I'll never say it couldnt help anyone, ever.

Good try, hit some buttons. Dont give up. Challenge your characters more. Challenge yourself. Afterall, that is what I imagine, any good therspy session would be actually about. And why I even might want to read about it.

Good luck!

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 2 years ago

I know a lot of readers simply don't like any reconciliation stories and automatically give them 1 star. I suspect that's why this story isn't more highly rated. I liked it and gave it 5 stars.

fritz51fritz51about 2 years ago

Had her sign the divorce papers as a show of good faith... Ok, one comment suggested a post-nupt, I agree as the feeling I got from her is that she'll cycle back to wanting to cheat again in 2 - 5 years - the next time without asking I'm guessing. I had trouble getting a feel for the husband, as to if he's just bidding time with his ear to the street and a finger on the trigger to blast the divorce to pieces, or does he really believe that she has reformed and will be caught unaware. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Should

Have had her sign a postnup

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Like entertaining stories no matter the topic but do hate cheaters . Definitely won’t in real life share any way and definitely would divorce if I was cheated on even if it destroyed me. With that said in this story she supposedly didn’t physically cheat but emotionally did. I guess most of the time he would never have known she cheated or was emotionally cheating which probably goes on more . There is always some sneaky dick trying to fuck married woman in this case. They will side with her , talk themselves up every way possible, always be there to help and listen and buy their time to move in . Guys like this need there face kicked in . Divorce in USA is probably over 50% and cheating at some point in a marriage is probably over 75% . Sad numbers if you ask me . There is always a snake in the garden waiting to destroy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Pre-post nupts refer to a wedding. I'd just let the divorce go through & intercept the mail. When the divorce came through as final just hide the paperwork! When she find another guy to screw, pack all her shit & leave it out front with divorce decree taped to the top

jmmj5jmmj5about 2 years ago

Good stuff.

Don't let the score get you down. I really enjoyed this. I agree with AngelRider that the therapy seemed well done.

The ending surprised me because I do not see how they are going to stay together. She still seems set on cheating at some point in time. Chris seems like he is in for a life of pain as long as he is married to Debbie.

I hope you will write more. Thanks for sharing.

ibuguseribuguserabout 2 years ago

Well, for an unbiased counselor, he sure had a lot of opinions.

CunnyLinguistTooCunnyLinguistTooabout 2 years ago

Interesting story, it's nice to read something a little different.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why in the hell does he want to be with her?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Pathetic, he should have let her go, the whore wants more, let her have it

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Read again. Strikes me therapist is a cruel bastard and hubby is a sucker

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

So many good stories fucked up right at the end

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIABH@IABH
2/9/24: 2 new stories are submitted. I have a few more I’m working on to come. Purple Haze’s conclusion is waiting Lit approval. Sorry it took so long. Music means a lot to me and I include references to it in my stories and even some of my story names are song titles from ...