Finding His Mate Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I see." Azeil pauses to gather his thoughts before continuing. "So, there are other witches currently living besides Madison?"

James nods his head slowly. "Technically, yes. There is a high possibility that Madison isn't alone. You see, Zimara was a... tricky individual. Many humans believe the witch trials were merely a myth. However, there was a time when Witches were being murdered in large numbers. Zimara, being all-powerful, cast a spell making all witches' powers, besides her own, dormant. For-"

"Protection." James looks over at Azeil and nods his head.

"Yes. For protection. Protection from humans. Protection from other supernaturals. Protection from everyone. Imagine going from hundreds of thousands of 'children' down to a few hundred. That's how many were being killed. It was a massacre."

Azeil closes his eyes and leans forward on the desk. He understands what James is telling him. However, things still aren't making sense. He's always been under the impression that after Zimara, no other witches have walked this earth. Yet, James is telling him this may not be the case. And what of Madison?

"So you're saying there is no way Madison and Zimara are related?" Azeil sees James hesitate once more.

"Not exactly. I'm just saying that based upon what I know, the likelihood of Madison being Zimara's daughter is unlikely because it's impossible. That doesn't mean this isn't the case, as Zimara has shown time and time again, she's always plenty of steps ahead."

Azeil shakes his head. He begins to pace the length room, thinking of what this now means for Madison. It's as if each time he discovers new information, moments later, something else comes out refuting the information just found. He feels like he's stuck in a hamster wheel at this point.

Azeil sighs. "What the fuck do we do next then, James? While I hear you, I believe we are both missing pieces to this complicated puzzle that are important to the overall picture."

James watches his Alpha resume pacing the room and returns his attention to the book and the emblem Azeil drew. He's not sure what to tell Azeil. Based on his knowledge of Witches, they are unable to bear children. They considered this a curse. As such, he wouldn't be surprised if Zimara did find a way to have children, as she was a clever Witch. She single-handedly stopped the war between species by creating a spell that killed someone should they try and murder any species other than their own.

"And the staff?"

James snaps out of his daydream and shakes his head. "I'm sorry, sir. Can you repeat that?"

"The staff. What of the staff? Mira suspects it resembles our own. However, we noticed there's something distinctly different about it."

James examines the staff on the picture and furrows his brows. "While it's similar, it's not the same. Our staff only has two heads on it. This one has three." He brings the picture closer. "I can't make this out. Do you remember what each head represented?"

Azeil closes his eyes, trying to recount the emblem. "It's a serpent, owl, and... I want to say a lion or four-legged creature of some kind."

James nods his head. "I believe this is the key. There must be something Zimara left behind that puts these pieces together. It's obvious she likes riddles."

He places the piece of paper down and looks at Azeil. "I know you were expecting me to have all the answers. However, the only person who remotely has the answers you're looking for is your mate. If she's the true descendant, it won't take much to unlock her memories. Unfortunately, sir, that is the only way. Otherwise, you leave her and everyone around her at risk."

Azeil looks into James' eyes and sighs. He was hoping it wouldn't come down to him having to reveal everything to Madison. He's not even sure where to start. Rubbing his hands over his face, he walks back to his desk and takes a seat.

"Fuck. And how much time do I have to figure this out?"

James hesitates. "Well... this depends. If she is human, you can only mate with her at the last eclipse. That's the only time when the moon is at its highest and when the Were gene is the strongest. Mating with her any other time will do more harm than good."

"And if she's not?"

Uncertainty enters James' eyes. "I-I don't know, sir. Since the latter would mean Madison is, in fact, Zimara's blood daughter, I'm not sure if you can mate with her at all. The biology of a Witch isn't one many are experts on, including me-"

"Then who would be?" Azeil asks, cutting James off.

James licks his dry lips. "You would have to find another witch, preferably one who is as close to a descendant to the Moor."

"And there may be nobody left?" Azeil watches as James nods his head. What's he supposed to do? The chances of him finding another Witch, let alone one closely related to Zimara, are slim to none. However, he finds it odd that Zimara would put into place all these steps and riddles and yet leave her daughter unattended with no protection other than an emblem. While powerful, an emblem does nothing but shield other supernaturals from Madison's true nature. It doesn't protect her from everyday risks.

"Do me a favor, James, and continue searching for anything that may help us figure this out. Look into everything, including our staff. Why did she entrust us with it, and what exactly does it mean? What does it mean in connection with the staff on the emblem, if our staff means anything at all? I want it all, yes?"

Azeil waits until James nods his head in understanding before turning around and leaving the office. He pulls out his phone from his back pocket and quickly sends a text.