All Comments on 'Fire Fire'

by Gweall

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
LysyanaLysyanaabout 9 years ago

Hey there!

I liked this story of yours as it was just heartwarming. But I only gave 4 stars as I had the feeling that it's been missing something. I wasn't as touched as I was my most of your other stories. Maybe it's this detail about every of these houses on fire were collapsing ... or that both men in love fell rather quickly. Maybe it's been because there was a lot of story, but not that much told? I do not know.

And you made several mistakes by wrongspelling and missing the ' in don't or can't. That's for sure one reason for my 4 stars. I'm no native speaker and I for sure do my own mistakes, but maybe you should've shown it to someone else first ...

All in all: Happy to read from you again.

Best wishes from Germany. :)

kmillerk1kmillerk1about 9 years ago
Love the story, mistakes and all :)

Great story like all your others.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
One of your best!

I cried through much of it It was heartwarming, romantic and sweet. Great job.

baikalisanbaikalisanabout 9 years ago
Mmmmmm

I, for one, love your stories. This one made me smile and it brought tears to my eyes. There was a bit of a disconnect in timing for me between Reed's death and Love falling for Garrett. I'd think there would be a bit more than three weeks mourning somebody you were that close too. Who knows tho love works in mysterious ways!!

Please keep writing and submitting I'm looking forward to reading each and every one!

sararose1986sararose1986about 9 years ago
awsome

I adored your story. I loved all the characters.You made it feel like I was right there laughing with the crew. I especially loved the passion and love between the characters. You are an awesome writer.I hope to god you come out with more stories like this because I will read every last one of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
WELL DONE

more than just sex.? i proper love story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Bread Crumbs!

After reading this I'm going to read your other work. Well done. You wrote it so well it was like a movie playing in my head. Such heart in this piece.

readerfeederreaderfeederover 2 years ago

hmmm... a few details bothered me. Firstly - three weeks after his lover died horrifically in an accident at work, before they had a chance to properly reconcile or find closure for their break-up, Love is already ready and able to consider dating Reed's literal replacement on the team?? No lingering PTSD, or guilt, or complicated emotions about how his past lover suddenly died interfering with his new attraction to Garrett?

Secondly - Garrett's backstory. Some of the guys at his old department beat him and his boyfriend severely enough that his boyfriend died... and the after-effects of this is entirely glossed over. Did the guys who killed Jack go to jail? Wouldn't Chief know about why Garrett had to transfer? What happened??

IMO, considering their respective traumas, and how disastrously a relationship at work ended up for them both previously - they jumped into a relationship WAY too fast, seemingly without any reservation.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous