Fire in The Hole Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No sir." said Irwin. He moved out smartly to execute my instructions. A moment later we heard Amber Harris screaming and bitching about being arrested. More counts of Assaulting a Police Officer would be added to the feisty reporterette's list of legal offenses.

As I left the house, Cindy was walking with me to my Police SUV. I turned on her. "What?" I said. She did not pretend to not understand.

"I tried to get you to stay in your car and to leave." she replied fearlessly. I did not pretend to not understand...

Part 20 - Epilogue: Ranger Leads The Way

9:30am, Saturday, August 25th. Army Sergeant José Morales of the 75th Rangers came to the Duty Desk, wearing his Army camo uniform. Several SWAT Team members that knew him came to greet him, and escorted him down the hallways to the gymnasium.

Other Police Officers were there, including both Police Commanders. Cindy had her personal iPhone ready to go to record the family reunion about to take place. I stayed more in the background.

When SGT Morales came into the gym, there was a loud yelp, followed by Ranger the dog running up to his owner. Ranger pretty much tackled Morales, then began whimpering and licking him as Morales petted and hugged him and talked to him in Spanish. Ranger was practically shivering with canine happiness as he pressed his body against Morales''s, trying to keep him in place to never go away again. More whimpering and dog (and people) crying continued for several minutes.

After Morales was able to stand up again, Lt. Hewitt told Morales that I was the guy who'd rescued Ranger the dog from the fire. SGT Morales came up to me with words of thanks, and we man-hugged. Ranger was not letting his human out of his sight, and came up with him. I petted Ranger and told him to take care of his Army Ranger. Then a procession went down the hallway to the exit, with Ranger (the dog) leading the way.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The next Tuesday, the national Fox Cable 'Special Report' ended thusly: "And finally tonight: you know how we love to show family reunions when military personnel come home. This one is special."

First, the old photo of me shaking hands with Bowser after awarding him the K-9 Lifesaving Medal was shown as the host said: "Some months ago, we brought you the story of Police dog Bowser. The man in the picture is Police Commander Donald Troy."

Then photos of the dog kennels fire was shown, followed by the photo of me being 'helped' out of the fire. "When the County dog kennels caught fire, Commander Troy went inside, heedless of the danger, and managed to save eight dogs. One of those dogs was Ranger." A photo of Ranger was shown.

"Ranger's owner, SGT José Morales of the 75th Ranger Regiment," said the host, "came home from his deployment and went to pick up his dog, which was being cared for by Police Officers that knew him. And this was the very happy reunion."

Tape rolled, showing an emotional Ranger and his owner having their joyful reunion, complete with yelps, whimpers, and pettings. At the upper left, the small words 'Courtesy Cmdr Cindy Ross, TCPD' was displayed; Cindy had sent this in.

The tape then showed Morales hugging me followed by the procession down the hallway as the host said "SGT Morales thanked Commander Troy with a hug, and a very happy dog and owner headed home." The All-Star Panel 'ooh'ed and 'aah'ed, and the host said "I just love those family reunions..."

Finis, pour le moment...