All Comments on 'Fishing with My Daughter Pt. 04'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 3 years ago

Lovely! Tugs at my heart strings.

5

skruff101skruff101almost 3 years ago

And a river runs through it.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 3 years ago

A superb conclusion to a wonderful series. I didn’t think you could top yourself, but you did. I must confess though. I started off smiling, pleased to read another installment in one of my absolute favorite stories. But by the end I struggled to focus on the lines through my dampened eyes. Poignant and beautiful. Thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Absolutely wonderful. Loving wives, loving families. So very encouraging. Maybe not the site for it but very much appreciated. Thank you.

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

WOW! Word elude me. Thanks. Fished my whole life with my Dad and three brothers. Your story reminds me of all the smile, the fish we caught and yes, the stories at the dinner table also with my four sister. Again, thanks so much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Your words - just perfect! Four trips with my daughter also included my dad (and his brother) so this story had special meaning to me. A perfect 5!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I waited until this part to comment. I wanted to thank you for a wonderfully told tale. Brings back memories of time with my Dad and Mom from times past and made me smile. Again, thank you very much!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"Fishing with My Daughter" is one the best stories on the site. It teaches us how to live.

TonyspencerTonyspenceralmost 3 years ago

Great little series, thank you.

MollydaKatMollydaKatalmost 3 years ago

Nice , wholesome story .

Personally , I don't have an iota of the patience needed to do Fly Fishing as it should be done . Just give me a light weight spinning rig , some inline spinners , spoons , jigs and plastics and I'm set , guess that's a Metaphor for my Lifestyle , LOL .

Would love to see you delve back into the Anonymous Infidelities series . That was some of the best writing that's ever been posted on this site , IMHO .

Gram1Gram1almost 3 years ago

I'm speechless. A wonderful story and it just hits the spot. Thanks so much.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

Wonderful, heart warming story!!!

jamesapplejamesapplealmost 3 years ago

I have loved this series from the first. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersalmost 3 years ago

This brings back awesome memories of time spent with my father at a lake near our farm.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It may be just_words to you but this series brought back happy memories for many of us, thank you.

somewhere east of Omaha

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 3 years ago

Yes. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow! What a great story, all four parts. My hat is off to you sir.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

PERFECT, IN EVERYWAY😇😊

fshrmn7fshrmn7over 2 years ago

I am one who thoroughly enjoys fishing for trout, and dabbles in fly fishing, while using it as a time for reflection and relaxation while enjoying the peacefulness and solitude that it allows me. I enjoy the rare time that I fish with those who are close to me and this story really brings back the memories of friendship and love that I have enjoyed and wouldn't trade for anything. Your story/series is so well written that I can almost picture the characters involved in the dialogue as the years pass. My hat is off to you for the most concise and well written story that I can remember reading here on this site. Can't possibly imagine anyone not being able to rate this story below 5 stars.

Gram1Gram1over 2 years ago

All I can say is: Thanks!

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

Thank you so much for writing this.!!

It was kind and sweet reminds me of my childhood.

There was nothing but goodness here and it was so refreshing.

You have totally outdone yourself with this work and I'm so grateful that you provided it for us to read of a cheap flighted forester raid.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 2 years ago

Thank you for a very pleasant and -- here's that word -- sweet reading experience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I never really post comments, put this story was just to good not to say something. I just wished that the dad was there

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Your story was a pleasure to read. One without anger and hate, but with love. Thank you

AileyInnAileyInnalmost 2 years ago

Outstanding. I envy the relationships that you have portrayed.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

great series of stories and thanks for not including divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

With your first installment, in this series, I kept waiting for the shoe to drop where the daughter tells of her mother's cheating. That never occurred, thankfully. Awesome set of short stories, telling what a family's love should look like.

markellymarkellyover 1 year ago

Loved them all.

I read them in one sitting, I knew the ending and tried so hard not to include it in my thoughts.

This whole storyline was exceptionally well done. My thanks that you took the time and patience to put this together. A beautiful piece, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

My family didn't fly fish but spent many a day fishing the Canadian lakes around Minaki. I knew my limitations so put my daughter in the hands of her grandfather and my uncle. They schooled us not only how to fish but the art of frying the walleye. The best part was the joy of knowing my daughter was able to get to know my father better. Thank you for these stories and the memories.

somewhere east of Omaha

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Hard to type with tears for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved all of this series of stories. Outdoor Life and of Field and Stream would like them too. Maybe even Readers Digest. Thanks for giving them to us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This may be the finest writing you've ever done, at least in terms of your other stories here.

This us my 5th read and have tired of the timeless lessons it offers nor a portrait of real, heart felt, love.

Simply fantastic, which is clearly an inadequate superlative.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There is something about fly fishing that speaks to the soul like no other. It is rare to find a writer that can capture the essence of wading in a river or flat and how just being there stirs one’s spirit. Thanks to Just Words for reviving that feeling in one who has been there and misses it dearly. Boomerbill

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

ACE top notch makes a change from sex and violence, makes you cry with happiness. Tears of joy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A great series of stories. Not much else needs sai

shopratshopratabout 1 year ago

I hated to see this one end. But if you do continue it you've set a high bar :-). Nice job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

great series of stories, really enjoyed reading them. please keep writting

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I’m a 69 year old fly fisherman. This is a perfect story of 4 chapters to talk about life, love and fishing as its metaphor. I remember my first days with a rod—how exasperating, how wonderful! You captured it perfectly. You also captured my heart. Mushy, I know, but you made me, a grizzled old man shed tears of pain and live for this family. Thank you. DHenley73

Just_WordsJust_Words7 months agoAuthor

I wrote each of these stories never know if there would be a next or what it would be about. In many ways, it was a voyager of discovery for me as the writer and I will admit that it is one of the most gratifying writing experiences I have had.

.

Thank you to everyone who read and enjoyed these stories.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

God, I have tears running down my cheek!

WisquejacWisquejac7 months ago

Great set of stories. Thanks.

Jalibar62Jalibar626 months ago

Well now you’ve made a grown man cry. I hope you’re proud of yourself. Lovely series.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

😢 This is my 7th reading of this story. It never fails to bring a tear to my eye.

It is, quite simply, pure and beautiful

Just_WordsJust_Words6 months agoAuthor

Thank you. I was in a happy place when I wrote it.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nothing to do with loving wives but a nice heartwarming story. Certainly gets a five from me.

Just_WordsJust_Words5 months agoAuthor

@ Anonymous - That's why it was published in the non-erotic category. Thanks for reading it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wonderful heartwarming story about family, values and love. Yes losing "Dad" made me feel sad but life us like that. We have sad moments but that just let's us appreciate the good ones when they happen. Thank you for sharing and if you ever revisit this story it will be an added pleasure to a wonderful series. Thanks BardnotBard

brn2vdobrn2vdoabout 2 months ago

Brought a tear to my eyes, I love you Dad and miss you so much. Thank you for an emotional read. 6 stars from me!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories