Flight Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was the most intense thing I had felt in two years. A whisper of a forgotten memory.

I was not happy.

I collapsed in a guilty heap against his body. My face buried in his neck, his cock cooling inside of me, taking the sharp arousal with it.

What the fuck was wrong with me? I knew Archer in and out. I know his rules, I knew his quirks and triggers....yet?

******************************

Mina's exhausted body relaxed into his as if he was her only life preservation. She had responded in such a thorough, complex reaction, that he was elated. She had understood so simply of what he expected of her that he almost came right when she physically admitted that he was the only who could provide her physical relief in that moment.

She had rode him hard and with acceptance. He was the only man who could make her splinter apart sexually.

Two. Fucking.Years. Later.

His pretty Mina may have taken a break, but he still held her reins. They had been together too long, done too much, felt too much together for her to erase all of their history. He would say Slave/Master dynamic but their volatile relationship had been born in their youth and went way beyond that. He and Mina were deeper than that, as much as she tried to push it aside.

He knew his baby girl . She'd make a theater production of their relationship. Turn it into some deep-ass, metaphorical, tragic piece. Mina always had a way with words. She'd layer them on and try to cocoon herself. She was a creative writing major in college. He'd always tried to cultivate it because he cared about her mental exertion.

However.

He was aware that even if Mina had a way with words, however she evaluated their relationship, it was only to mask the deep, raw, sexual energy between them. She didn't like that she was taken—so she'd paint him in the light of a dark force who'd plucked her from her life. She ignored the fierce desire that had flamed between them when they had met in that midnight desert.

Mina liked to twist up words so much with a shade of her own desire that she could convince herself of anything.

Did she want independence? Yes. Did she want to make a mark on the world? Of course, his baby girl did. Was she interested in making a profound mark on social injustice? He found out the hard way that she would always be up to bat. Did she want to fuck him everyday? Without question.

He couldn't help himself. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her close to his chest, and listened to her breathing. He was still inside of her but he needed a minute to just hold her. It wasn't long until Archer felt the soft, warm, tears on his neck but he knew they were coming.

But he could make her forget them if she would just let him.

This time he would make sure it was real.

************************

Alma needed to see Mina. She was crashing and it fucking hurt. Mina understood hurt. Even though she thought she could hide it.

Mina was a control freak and at first Alma found it cute. Later, as their friendship developed on the basis of honesty and shared pain, Alma realized it was more of self preservation. That control stopped being cute and started to concern Alma when she was sober.

Alma usually hated herself but that she didn't ask question about Mina, made her feel infinitely guilty. Because of her demons she was slacking with those who needed her.

She had tried calling Mina that past few days but there had been no answer. She had tried to leave her a message of apology for leaving her with Derrick without asking but—nothing. Even Mina's nerdy little voicemail message was gone. Her fucking voicemail was now, "magically", not setup.

Rounding the corner to Mina's street, she noticed Ricci's bakery was dark. Even though, Saturday's were the best day for his business. Alma could never snag Mina on Saturday's because of this place. Now that it looked dormant sent a shiver of alarm up her arms.

But the lights in Mina's apartment were bright and warm and she felt a subtle hurt that her friend had been ignoring her.

Alma tipped over the fake plant sitting on the wide, wooden railing and grabbed Mina's spare key. Alma could laugh at her friend if she wasn't upset she'd been ignoring her calls. As much as Mina seemed to understand dangerous situations she sure didn't care about hiding her spare key in a more secure spot.

Going up the stairwell to her friend's apartment she was thinking of all sort of shitty things she was going to say to Mina. Even though Alma was detoxing she couldn't believe her friend would abandon her now.

Putting the key into the door, she pushed, bringing air into her lungs to bitch at her friend.

"How fucking dare you—"

And came up short.

Because instead of seeing Mina's bright clutter, everything was bare. Also, there were currently three huge men standing in the middle of what used to be Mina's living room.

"What's going on? Where is Mina?"

Two of the men she knew. Of course, it was hard to miss Ricci Icapo even if he did look...professional?

"Ms. Park, what can I do for you?" The older man said, his voice a more subdued version of what she was used to.

Alma kept her hand not he doorknob another thrill working its way into her body. This time it was fear.

"Where. Is. Mina?" She said more sharply, because all of sudden she was afraid of Ricci. She directed her questions towards Ben, who was looking oddly put together.

"She moved. Is there something you needed?" Ben asked. His golden hair, rimmed in silver, distracting her for a bit. But she didn't miss the underlying tone in his voice. She was a junkie, sure, but she had very much learned to read the unsaid words from those who could hurt her. It kept her alive.

Why all of sudden was she getting that from, sloppy, lazy, happy-go-lucky Ben? The biggest competition for Mina's attention. Why did she feel like she needed to tread carefully with the other man who was casually standing at Ricci's side?

"You're lying." She said with a little more bite than what she meant.

Ricci gracefully glided toward her, his movements those of a man who carries the air of being able to break kneecaps easily.

Oh, God, he wasn't going to kill her and give her cement send off was he?

"Come," Ricci said smoothly, guiding her back out the front door and shutting it firmly behind them.

Alma wrapped her arms around her tightly in fear, "Don't hurt me."

Ricci regarded her with his eyes that looked black even with the well lit hallway. "I think you're doing a good job of that yourself."

Alma flinched with hurt. Had Mina told him? That didn't seem like something she would do...but the way Ricci was sizing her up...

"I'm guessing with you popping up here like a fucking mole, that you haven't spoken to Mina?"

Alma tucked her hair behind her ear, nervousness making the DT's hurt more. "I...uh...No. I haven't."

"When was the last time you saw her? I know she was with you a less than a week ago." Ricci asked his voice a dominant force.

Alma was suspicious by nature as much as she was protective. She didn't want to put anything out there that Mina had fought to keep private. But she was missing...and as selfish as it made Alma she wanted Mina back to help her get it fucking together.

"I...yes. She was. She was upset but didn't tell me why. She just wanted to come over, said she didn't want to be alone."

Ricci's eyes narrowed, "How upset?"

Alma let out a humorless laugh, "You know Mina, as upset as she can get without anyone asking questions. I just know when she's bothered."

A quick smile tipped Ricci's mouth. Blink and you would miss it.

"What did she say when she left? Was she in a hurry?"

She bit her lip. "I...don't know."

A shadow fell over Ricci's voice. "Ms. Park, it would be in your best interest to tell me what happened."

"Are you threatening me?" she blurted before she could help herself.

"Threats aren't my specialty, Ms. Park." He said so calmly she didn't want to know what he meant.

"Well," she puffed, putting her game face on, "I'm not lying. I don't know. I...stepped out. When I got back, she had already bounced and Derrick know what happened or why she left."

Ricci's eyes narrowed, "Who is Derrick?"

Mina is missing...Mina is missing....Mina will be mad if you try to stab her boss....

"Some guy—can I go now?" She turned without waiting for an answer. A hard hand pulled her back and Alma startled.

"Alma," Ricci said slowly, precisely, "who is he?"

Well, this was about to get awkward, "Why? Do you think he had something to do with Mina leaving? Is she in trouble?"

He raised an eyebrow at her and looked at her with what she felt was dislike. "Do you see her anywhere?" He asked in a tone that made it obvious something was happening.

She cleared her throat and thought about shaking his hand off her arm but it was so firm she didn't think it would matter.

"He was my drug dealer, alright? A friend of mine told me about him. Mina met him once and then...I had something to handle when she was sleeping over. They were alone, I don't know what happened so let me fucking go, please."

"She met him once and then what?" He pushed but released her arm.

Alma took a deep breath, really not wanting to get into it because she still felt guilty about it. Even though she was entirely sure what was.

"I don't know. I guess Derrick...touched her. I mean, he touched her tattoo and it freaked her out really badly."

Ricci raised an eyebrow, "What tattoo?"

Alma gave him a look that indicated he was an idiot, "How do you not know about her tattoo when you've known her this long."

Ricci said nothing, his silence scaring her again. "It was a really stupid tattoo, I personally think, but you know whatever. Anyways," she rushed when he looked slightly impatient, "it was this...old-timey crown. Oh! It also had this feather attached to it."

"Do you think you could draw it? Even if crude?"

Okay. What the fuck was happening here?

"I mean, I guess I could try." She shrugged. She did not possess the skills of Pablo Picasso. Her skillset was more the caliber of a second-grader with a bunch of broken crayons.

"And Derrick. What is his last name?" He asked taking out his phone. There were a few clicks while he waited for her response

"I don't know," she admitted.

"Think really hard, Ms. Park," he suggested looking at her with those sharp eyes.

Alma stepped back a little bit, "I'm telling the truth. I truly and honestly don't know. But I can probably find out."

Ricci gave her a very bright smile. "That would be perfect. Here is my number. It would be good for you if you could get me the number sooner rather than later."

Alma took the card and wondered if he just threatened her. Turning on her heel, she hightailed it out of there. Her heart was pounding so loudly she felt momentarily deaf. Where was her friend? What in holy fuck was going on?

Glancing to look up the huge windows Mina had loved so freaking much she spotted a tall figure staring down at her.

It was Ben and his face showed absolutely no emotion.

And didn't that scare her shitless.

***********************************************

"Did she tell the truth?" Ben intoned, looking at his boss as he strolled back into Mina's apartment.

Ricci smiled unkindly. "What do you think? Levi, I need you and Tristan to stay on Alma. She was forthcoming but there are still things I need to know. I've texted you some details."

The wiry man nodded, already on the phone as he strolled out of the room.

"Alma's not stupid." Ben said, turning away from the window, annoyed with his boss.

'

"I'm aware, but she's an addict and impulsive. Also, you're conveniently forgetting that she is Mina's best friend."

Ben made a noise that showed his annoyance. Alma was a parasite and he hated that she hung with Mina. For some reason, she seemed to make Mina happy, somewhat, as happy as Mina could be. She wasn't super chatty even when she was in a good mood.

"Careful, your prejudice is showing. Whether you like her or not she's connected to Mina's disappearance, although I believe she's just become aware of it. I have a few theories on who she went with."

"That was awfully quick." He drawled his Texan accent spilling from his mouth like honey.

Ricci's smile tightened, "I tried to let Mina have her privacy. Seems she's had enough forces dictating her life already."

"Yet?" Ben asked.

Ricci sighed, "I did a basic background check on her and it was nothing that would cause me to take a look. She withdrew from college and then there was no activity."

"Which is when we're assuming something caused her to show up on your doorstep." Ben finished.

Ricci took a look around the bare apartment, feeling as if his little stray had been into something deeper than he would ever have thought.

Well. Besides being a friend of his.

"Ricci?" Ben asked sharply and the older man came back into himself. "When are you going to send me in?" He asked impatiently.

The words held a ring of argument they'd had over and over. "Not until you calm down. You get too wired about Mina."

"Okay, and?" Ben ran his hands through his caramel hair.

"And, you want me to put you back in the field? You need to show me you've been making progress. So far, it's not been looking too good." Ricci answered smoothly.

"I'm the best, you know it." Ben pointed a finger at him.

"No. I'm the best. And my word is final, Ben." He concluded knowing that it would piss his boy off. But it was true, Ricci's word was law...and Ben needed to be protected. Ricci knew why he was so attached to Mina.

Ben looked closed off and angry but knew that Ricci was right. He was in no condition to go off and try to bring Mina back. He was too invested in her and his personal pain was too deep.

Ben tilted his head in defeat. Ricci was right. He always was. That's why Ben leaned on him so heavily.

"Benjamin. Go to the Manor. Mina will not be pushed to the side."

Ben scrubbed his hands over his face.

What a fucking shit show.

*************************

They were all so stupid. Thinking that everything was going to be wrapped up nice and pretty. Nothing was ever wrapped up nice and pretty, not without blood or carnage. Did they not know it was perfected by him?

He stood in the cool night air, his breath clouding around him. He surveyed the moonlit cemetery, feeling the dead watching him. Waiting for him to make a move so they could pass judgement.

Dead or alive, there was always some entity that wanted to have the ultimate say. Those who thought they could take control of the system often thought themselves infallible. He knew of that fact first-hand, didn't he?

How soaking up power could warp the minds of those who wielded it. They would think themselves gods but eventually they would turn into monsters. Even those who thought they were on the side of being "good". That was not possible when power was always the prize.

A vibration brought him back to the cold, eerie, cemetery.

Checking his phone, he saw the text that he had been waiting for.

A simple, "Infiltrated."

That word caused a shiver of sick pleasure to spread through his body. This cemetery had been his home for so long that he thought he'd gone too numb to feel such a fierce emotion.

His prey was coming to him and it was driving him into a heightened state. He didn't care about the organization. He did not care about the Crown. He wanted the LADs, all fucking five of them.

He wanted Archer; he wanted him so badly he could taste it, like blood and honey.

Looking down at the grave, he smiled horribly.

They would not ignore this slight. They would come to him so easily it was almost disappointing. Archer was too smart to come himself. His position was too precious to evacuate but he would send the next best option.

That made Archer vulnerable.

Tilting his head back, he uttered a chilling, carnal, laugh.