All Comments on 'Flowers in the Basement'

by Steela

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
Bebop3Bebop3almost 4 years ago

Excellent story and a fantastic debut.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 4 years ago

Sick nasty story, Steela. Can’t wait to read the rest. Full marks for chapter one. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Twisted

I find it hard to believe this is your first story , amateurs don’t write so well , in fact most seasoned authors don’t write this well ! You must have aced your creative writing course ! What a magnificent story , with all the bells and whistles, character development , enough storyline to keep me reading and a surprising plot twist that caught me off guard . I hope you continue this story and plenty other ones as well . It was a joy to read this submission and I look forward to reading any , and likely all , your future works ! Loved the twist !

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventureralmost 4 years ago
Interesting, thoughtfulness in an incest/taboo story...

..., not the usual stroke submission. Excellent writing, what a debut!

FuddyDuddyDudeFuddyDuddyDudealmost 4 years ago

Wow! Well written and full of emotion.

Keep going please.

Be well.

FDD

BurntRedstoneBurntRedstonealmost 4 years ago
Excellent Story!

Beautifully crafted! Looking forward to the next chapter.

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightalmost 4 years ago
FUCK.

I wanted to despise her six ways from Sunday for her cruelty to her fiance. I wanted to despise her dad right into prison for what he did to her three years ago. I'm quite unhappy with her in case she screws over the man she had dinner with, since he kind of understood her pain, physical anyway.

But I also hope to help that she can use her hands again in some way and she doesn't suffer as much in her mind and heart. That's the worst punishment possible.

Tremendously well-written story. I will jump on each new chapter

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraalmost 4 years ago

Great story, steela. Can't wait for more!

LaRascasseLaRascassealmost 4 years ago

Love the story and the play on Flowers in the Attic. Emotionally wrought and beautifully woven. Subtly understated, yet profound. Looking forward to chapter 2

PickFictionPickFictionalmost 4 years ago
So well written

Loved reading since it is so well written. Some fascinating concepts, even if the premise is hard to wrap around. Anxious for more - the exciting conclusion as they say.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 4 years ago

I eagerly await the next chapters. You are a fine author. Please keep writing,

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimalmost 4 years ago
Sweet romance

Like the man said - you can't decide who you fall in love with.

This is a beautifully written story, with deep, hidden emotions trying to creep out through the cracks and crevices. I look forward to the next episode with great anticipation.

Thank you. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Amazing.

God damn this is amazing. This is the first time I've read a Daughter-Father work and I have to say I'm astonished. I've always preferred sibling incest but I figured to give this a try and I'm pretty much blown away from how good this is. This is a true hidden gem I've somehow managed to find in this site.

boatbummboatbummalmost 4 years ago
What A Debut!

Excellent first story -- thanks for posting it here at Lit. If I'd known it was "to be continued" I'd have waited for more chapters to be posted -- 'cause now I'm hooked and eagerly awaiting the next one! ;-)

Hope to enjoy many more stories from you!

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952almost 4 years ago

Insanely Wonderful

The writing is terrific. Incest is not my cup of tea, but great writing will still get 5*.

Familyluv2114uFamilyluv2114ualmost 4 years ago
Well done......

This is beautifully written and seems like it's based on true events and with that said,please continue......There's nothing more exquisite than a father /daughter OR mother/son for that mater,relationship,with all sexual aspects intwined within.

Thank you for this and I added you to my favorites!

linnearlinnearalmost 4 years ago
Nice Writing

Very nice building up of tension and the entire story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Beautiful

Loved the flash backs and how the pieces slowly fitted together. I can't wait to read the rest of the story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A story told well

You told a good story. I felt for the characters. The ending was painful because made me care. Good work.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952about 3 years ago

Egg-cellent. Can’t wait for the next chapter.

dmallorddmallordover 2 years ago

Masterfully written! A 'gem stone' of great worth not some small diamond in a ceremonial ring. I see this is an aged story - one to be continued, but there seems to be some emptiness. Please, finish the this. It is truly a good, well told story. Rated it 5 and more if it were possible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice start!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm recalling "The Front Page" where reporter Jack Lemon has just broken the story that HE cracked. Editor Walter Mathow ? is frowning, " It doesn't mention the paper?" "I'm gonna put that in the second paragraph." "Who the hell will read the SECOND paragraph?! Two years with me and you can't even write a decent lead?!" Walter would certainly be smiling at yours. Whenever I admire an author, I check out his favorites. Far more intriguing to read a single entry than to wade thru 100's. Titan is right; three years is too long a wait for 'to be continued.'

Anon56

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I want a series from this amazing piece.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Oh no no no you don’t!!! You can’t write this gem; tell us there’s more to come, and then not deliver! You’ve killed me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It gets inside my head...I've heard people near the end of their lives say they have nothing to regret. What a hypocritical lie. Is it alzheimers, delusion, or just denial to avoid guilt? How can she resolve her delimma? What would ease her pain?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous