Flowers in the Park

Story Info
A beautiful woman should have a beautiful flower...
1.9k words
4.6
8.6k
16

Part 1 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/20/2023
Created 02/13/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This was originally written as part of a Literotica Challenge thread. It was never intended to be published, but I've kept coming back to it, wondering what would happen if the story continued. So, there's a possibility that this will be the first of a series. Thanks for reading!

She sighed as she looked out over the park in front of her from her seat at a random picnic table. It was supposed to be a happy place, filled with families playing, dogs running, people cooking out and enjoying the beauty that was contained within the lagoon that surrounded it. But she was struggling to see even a tiny bit of the happiness going on around her.

Alex had been coming here for weeks, searching for her happiness, the answer to her loneliness. Since leaving her boyfriend a couple of months ago, life had been difficult for the young teacher. They had been together for nearly four years, and wedding plans were well in the works. She was looking forward to spending the rest of her life as Mrs. Anthony Lawrence. She had already ordered napkins and plates and placemats with the names "Alexandria and Anthony Lawrence" embossed on them. The wedding of her dreams was coming into shape. It was the happiest time of her life.

But apparently Anthony couldn't get his ex-girlfriend out of his mind, and when she caught them having an affair - the first of several dalliances, as it turned out - she had called everything off - the engagement, the wedding planning, and the relationship. Even though she knew it was the right thing to do, she was struggling with the fact that she still loved him, even though she knew he didn't love her in the same way.

They had met right after she had moved to the city to begin teaching in one of the elementary schools. For a small town girl like Alex, the transition to city living had been difficult, but Anthony had eased her into the lifestyle well. She became a part of his circle of friends at first, but quickly they realized they would like to be more than just friends, and a relationship blossomed. They did everything together - including sex, which was always great. She patiently waited for the moment Anthony would ask her to marry him, and when he proposed, she didn't wait for him to ask the whole question before she blurted out "YES!"

Now that was all gone. Since her friends were Anthony's friends before she came into his life, they remained loyal to him, and Alex found she was on the outside. In the two months since calling things off, she had spent her weekends hiding in her apartment - one she hardly ever used before since she spent so much of her time at Anthony's. Now the apartment was a symbol of her loneliness. She hated to be there, but there weren't a lot of other alternatives for her at the time.

Since the weather has started to warm, she had tried the park. That's where she was on that fateful Sunday afternoon. She was so locked into her own misery that she didn't notice the little boy who came up from behind and tugged on the sleeve of her t-shirt. Turning to see him, she realized he must be about three years old, and in his hand he had a little sprig of a wild flower, apparently picked from the grounds of the park.

"Well hello there - what's your name?" Alex asked.

The toddler didn't answer her question, but instead spewed out what must have been rehearsed line - "My daddy says that a beautiful woman should have a beautiful flower, so I picked this for you - it's yours!" He placed the flower in Alex's hand and turned to run off.

Before he could get too far, Alex yelled back at him, "Wait, come back! I didn't get a chance to tell you thank you!" The little boy stopped and turned back around, walking back to the table where Alex sat, now with the flower in her hand. "Thank you so much for my flower. It is beautiful. What is your name?"

The toddler beamed up at her and said, "My name is Wesley Walker Watson, and that's my dad over there. His name is the same as mine!"

Alex turned and saw a tall, handsome man watching from a distance. She smiled - her first one since stepping foot in the park over an hour ago. "Well, Wesley Walker Watson - thank you so much for my beautiful flower. And please tell your dad thank you as well."

Wesley replied, "You're welcome. I'll go get my dad so you can tell him!" And without hearing the beginnings of her protest, Wesley was off again, running to get his dad. When he reached him, his dad picked him up and began walking over to Alex. Her smiled disappeared as nerves set in - she hadn't planned on meeting anybody today, and yet there was nothing she could do about it now.

Wesley and his dad arrived at the table, and Wesley wriggled until his dad put him down. "This is my dad Wesley Walker Watson - same as me! What is your name?"

She smiled and said, "My name is Alex."

Wesley's dad extended his hand, and Alex shook it as he said, "I actually go by Wes. It's nice to meet you, Alex. Did Wesley deliver the message appropriately?"

Alex smiled again. "Yes, he did - a beautiful woman deserves a beautiful flower? What a lovely thought."

Wes smiled and said, "That was all Wesley's idea - he's a wise young man for his age. But I see he can tell what beauty is - both in flowers, and in women."

This time Alex blushed, and then she remembered that Wesley had said his daddy told him to say that. She decided she'd let that go for now, although she was flattered that at least one of the Watson men found her attractive.

Wesley started jumping up and down. "Daddy, can I go play on the toys over there?" He was pointing to some playground equipment that was just a few feet away.

His dad answered, "Of course, Wesley, but you know the rules - play well with other kids, don't talk to strangers, and always stay where I can see you."

"Okay, daddy - thanks!" With that, young Wesley took off at full speed to play on the equipment.

Wes turned to Alex and said, "Do you mind if I join you while I watch out for him?"

"That would be great - I'd love some company, and I'll help you keep track of Wesley. After all, he's a special guy who's given me a flower already. I have to hang on to guys like that!"

Wes nodded. "He is a special guy - he's the most important thing in my life. When he's not with me, I miss him terribly. But our weekends together are something special - special indeed!"

Alex probed, "So you and his mother are not together?"

Wes nodded again. "Wesley is the greatest mistake I ever made. His mother and I just happened to be at the same party - first time I had ever seen her. We both had been drinking, and ended up in a bedroom upstairs at the house where the party was being held, and well....nine months later, I'm a father. His mother is really a great person, and we tried to be together, but it just wasn't meant to be. But she is a great parent, and we remain very close friends. I couldn't ask for a better co-parent. But I wish I didn't have to split time with her. The weekdays when he lives with her are horrible for me. Here in an hour, I have to take him back, and it's always the hardest thing I ever do."

Alex enjoyed watching Wes as he talked about his son. She could see the love in his eyes, the proud swell of his chest as he watched Wesley playing on the equipment. She knew he truly was an amazing father - the kind of father she hoped to marry one day for her own kids.

Wes looked back and Alex and said, "Tell me about you - since Wesley said it already, what is such a beautiful woman doing in the park by herself?"

Alex looked down and told Wes her story. He listened intently, really paying attention to the sad tale she told. When it was done he noticed a small tear in the corner of her eye, and he wished he had something he could use to wipe it away for her.

Finally he broke the silence that followed the end of her story. "You really loved him, didn't you - in fact, I think you still love him."

Alex looked at Wes as she answered, "A part of me maybe always will, but the pain he caused will also never be erased. So I'm trying to move on, but the same loneliness you feel is always present in my heart. I came to the park hoping that will change."

Wes smiled and said, "Has it worked so far?"

She nodded and replied, "It seems to be working. At least I've been given a beautiful flower this afternoon by a handsome little boy and his handsome father!"

It was Wes' turn to blush, and then he asked, "Would it be too forward for me to ask you out? I have to take Wesley back to his mother in an hour. Would you go have dinner with me after I drop him off? Perhaps we can keep working on this loneliness thing together."

She smiled at Wes as she said, "I would like that!"

Wes looked at his phone and saw that it was time to go. He shouted at Wesley - "Wesley, come on, it's time to go." Wesley came running over to where his dad and Alex were standing. "We have to run home and get your bag so we can get you back to your mom's house."

Wesley looked at Alex and said, "We have to go now. Are you staying, or would you like to walk to your car with us?"

Alex laughed and looked at Wes, who simply shrugged his shoulders. "Wesley, I would love to walk to my car with you and your dad!" The three of them started toward the parking lot when Alex realized she had forgotten something important.

"Wesley, I left my beautiful flower back on the table! Would you run and get it for me?"

Wesley did as asked, and returned with the flower, which he handed to Alex one more time. They resumed their walk, but stopped abruptly as Wesley announced, "We have to hold hands - we can't walk in a park unless we are holding hands!"

He positioned Alex between himself and his dad. Quickly he put his little hand into Alex's hand. As Wes extended his hand to Alex, he asked, "Is it okay with you if we hold hands?"

Alex nodded and said, "You yourself said what a wise little man Wesley is. I think we'd better do as he says!" With that, she took Wes' hand and squeezed as they walked out of the park together - hand in hand in hand.