Folie a Deux, Episode 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So with that in mind," the interviewer asks, "why agree to this documentary? Your story is now out there for everyone to see."

"Well...it was time," Mike tells us. "Over the past few years we've been active with online and in-person support groups for people in incest relationships, in France and elsewhere. Some places it's legal, most not. Even where it is legal, people live in the shadows. That has to change. Maybe this is a first step."

"So you're civil rights pioneers?"

Mike snorts derisively and Emily shakes her head firmly. "No, we are not," she says. "We are merely a family who decided to take a stand. We know we will face backlash for this, but we also know that nothing gets better unless people put themselves in that kind of jeopardy. Our story, with us explaining how we got here while also accepting our mistakes and flaws, may help put a human face on what society still considers a 'freak show.' We are not freaks. We are only people who love each other and we deserve the same consideration as anyone else."

"Why you, though?" the interviewer asks.

"Why not us?" Emily counters. "If not us, who?"

"And maybe things won't get better for us," Mike nods seriously, "but if enough people step out of the shadows, then they'll get better down the line for a lot of people. That's how it always works."

"When I was young," Emily says, "homosexuality was still taboo. Not gay marriage -- the very fact of being homosexual was taboo. It was literally considered a mental illness. Now gay couples have all the same rights as heterosexuals. This is simply a different battle in the same war. I never particularly wanted to be in the vanguard in that war, but I taught my children never to back down from a just cause."

"That's true," Mike says, squeezing Emily's hand and gazing at her adoringly, "she did. And we have to live our truth. It's all anyone can do."

"So now what?" the interviewer asks. "More kids?"

"Oh, no," Emily laughs. "At my age it is rather too late for that."

"You're still having periods," Mike points out.

"They've become less frequent and less regular, darling," Emily explains. "I'm perimenopausal. I simply have to be content with four wonderful, amazing children. I think I can manage."

We now see a series of still photographs accompanied by captions.

The first photo is a professional portrait of Bob and Ayisha. His arm is around her and they are both gazing down at the newborn baby she is cradling.

The caption reads: Bob Larsen and Ayisha Clarke-Larsen had a baby girl, whom they named Dyanna Iris. Mother and child are doing well.

Next is a picture of a beaming Olivia in her graduation cap and gown, holding up her diploma.

We are told, Olivia Larsen graduated cum laude from Boston College, and will begin the Master's Program in Child and Developmental Psychology at the University of Southern California in the autumn.

Last is a selfie of Emily and Mike in a bathroom. Emily holds up a home pregnancy test with a positive result; she holds her other hand to her face, which bears an expression of exaggerated, open-mouth astonishment. Mike is behind her, one arm around her waist and holding up the phone with the other. His head is on her shoulder, and he looks as delighted as it is possible for a man to look.

Below appear the words, Three weeks after filming of this documentary concluded, Emily Larsen learned that she is pregnant. This will be her fifth child, and her third with her son Mike.

Dark screen, against which appears:

This has been Folie a Deux.

Credits roll.