Following Her Dream Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

With her free hand, she grabbed the well-worn folded paper hidden under her pillow, holding it without conscious thought.

"This can't be normal." Rachel looked down towards her waist, towards her soaked panties blocked from view by the blanket. "She... Janet must have done this to me. Some sick, twisted way for her to keep me nearby. It has to be."

Rachel just wanted to be done with it all. To move on with her life and just forget everything. It seemed Janet wasn't intent on letting that happen. "She must have given me some command without letting me remember it. I'm not going to let her win, though. I can beat this. It'll take more than some faux Stockholm syndrome bullshit to break me down."

There was little confidence in her voice. The exhaustion was taking its toll. It was already starting to strain her relationship with Emma. "I don't know how much longer I can avoid the issue with her, Bella. I know she's just worried about me, but I think her patience is wearing thin. Not that I can blame her, but she'll think I'm crazy if I tell her the truth."

Rachel sighed. "You don't think she'll kick me out soon, do you? I don't know what I'll do then... I suppose I could go back to my parent's, but they'll just ask the same questions anyways." She grabbed Bella under her jaw, holding the dog's head in her hand. "What should I do?"

Leaning forward, Bella licked at Rachel's face, catching her right on the lips.

Rachel recoiled in disgust. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. "That's your answer to everything, but it doesn't solve my problem."

Rachel turned away, lost in thought, trying to think of a solution.

With the lack of attention, Bella brought her snout under Rachel's arm and nudged it upwards, tossing it into the air.

Rachel gave Bella a lazy smile and one last forceful rub. "Now now, it's too late for that. You should get back to bed." To enforce her point, she rolled onto her back, moving farther from the edge of the couch.

Bella brought her paw up once more, but Rachel's arm was too far to drag closer. The heart-warming look she directed at Rachel went unnoticed. Giving up, Bella hobbled back to her bed. After performing a few circles, she plopped down, giving one last glance in Rachel's direction before closing her eyes.

Rachel remained silent. She tried to ignore the dream. She tried to ignore the feeling between her legs. Most of all, she tried not to fall back to sleep.

Hours passed.

"Son of a bitch, really?" Emma let out a prolonged sigh. She was standing over Rachel, looking down into the tired girl's lidded eyes. "Was it the same one?"

"Yeah," came Rachel's halfhearted reply. She sat up with a stretch and a dispassionate yawn. Rachel threw her head over the back of the couch to once again stare at the ceiling.

"All right, you're staying home from school today. No excuses. You can sleep in my bed, if you think it'll help. I'll even take the couch tonight. I sometimes do that when there's a good show to binge anyways, so it's no trouble, okay?"

Emma reached down and grabbed Rachel by the arm, pulling her until she was standing. She began guiding Rachel by the shoulders towards the bedroom.

Rachel shuffled along, no longer having the energy to protest. She just hoped Emma didn't notice the damp spot between her legs.

"Lay down and get some rest." She tried to use a caring voice, but it was difficult to hide the disappointment.

"Yes, Emma," Rachel said. She squirmed under the covers as Emma adjusted them, tucking her in.

"Now, I have a few classes today, but if at any time you want me to come back, just text me. I also need to go shopping for more food, but it shouldn't take too long. If there is anything specific you want me to pick up, just let me know. When I get back, though, I expect you to be rested, okay?"

Rachel closed her eyes as she nodded her head.

"One more thing." She waited for a response, but got nothing. "Listen to me, Rachel."

Rachel opened her eyes to glance towards Emma. "Yes, Emma."

"When I get back, we're going to talk about this. I'm serious." After receiving only a grunt in response, she left.

***

Another shower and Rachel found herself back on the couch. All efforts to sleep were shattered by the exact same nightmare. She didn't want to drag Emma back home over her own issues, but being left alone certainly wasn't helping anything. With little expectation, she decided to try distracting herself by turning on the TV. If anything, at least the background noise might drown out her thoughts.

Click.

"...but it is not without hope!" he shouted from behind the podium. His crisp white suit demanded the attention of the hundreds of eyes before him. His image was broadcast on the giant screens that hung above the expansive stage. "You can still find peace within yourself! There is indeed a way! What must you do, you ask?" His voice calmed. "You must give of yourself to one person."

He pointed straight into the air, much to the audience's approval. "Give full trust in this individual. Give full control of your-"

Click.

"Vamos a comenzar," the man in the suit said with a nod of his head. "Ahora atento."

He approached the seated woman in the green dress. Holding two fingers in front of her face, he began to move them in a circular motion before her eyes as he spoke into the microphone. "Quiero que mires aquí. No apartes la mirada. Mira estos dedos. Tiene sueño. Tocaré tu frente, tú te dormirás."

His words were spoken with intimate care, a delicate whisper, as he dragged them out. He continued on, his fingers circling closer to the woman's drooping eyes. "Te dormirás, te pesan los ojos. Te pesan. Tiene sueño." When he touched her forehead, "Dormir," her head slumped as she-

Groan.

Click.

"...where the FBI raided the commune of Michael Oliver. Oliver - along with four other women - is being held under charges of tax evasion, embezzlement, prostitution, and kidnapping, our sources say. His organization, Golden Dawn, is alleged by some to be a cult that is brainwashing young women into what some are calling his own personal harem." The reporter smirked at the accusation, rolling her eyes. "More on this after-"

Rachel was about to turn the TV off and throw the remote at the wall. Calming herself, she changed the channel one last time. When the movie came on, her arm went limp as the remote fell to the floor. She stared at the screen as her eyes began to water.

The cave was dark, but the unlikely group had to press forward. The entrance that they came through had been sealed, blocking their escape. The only way out lay straight ahead. The oppressive threat of the fiery beast loomed over them.

They were bickering, some of them wanting to give up, avoiding the hardships that awaited them. Prince Lir would have none of it as he began to speak. "My lady, I am a hero, and heroes know that things must happen when it is time for them to happen. The quest may not simply be abandoned. Unicorns may go un-rescued for a long time, but not forever."

He approached Amalthea, grabbing her hands as he lead her farther down the winding tunnels. "A happy ending can not come in the middle of the story."

Following behind, Molly Grue turned to the wizard and asked, "But what if there isn't a happy ending at all?"

Rachel jumped as the door creaked shut, ending in a soft thud. She hadn't heard it open. She tucked the piece of paper she was holding back into her pocket.

"What are you watching?" Emma inquired as she took her shoes off. After she placed the grocery bags on the kitchen counter, she crossed the room towards Rachel. She opened the curtain, illuminating her couch-stranded visitor.

With a furious blush, Rachel threw the blanket off as she searched the floor for the remote. After turning the TV off, she wiped the blanket on her face to dry her eyes. She sat up. "Nothing," she mumbled.

"Hmm, haven't heard of that one," Emma quipped. "Is it any good?" She stood over Rachel, still worried about her friend, especially having been gone for so long. Her expression changed to a serious one. "More importantly, did you get any sleep?"

"Some," Rachel lied.

It was obvious to Emma. "Rachel, you can't keep avoiding the issue. Something is wrong, and I've let you put it off for far too long."

Rachel plopped her head on the pillow with a bounce, bringing her knees up to her stomach as she pulled the blanket over her shoulders.

"Back in your cocoon, I see. So when are you going to emerge, transformed into someone that's willing to talk about it?" She sauntered over to the couch, tapping Rachel's foot to allow just an inch or two more for her to sit down at the other end.

"Butterflies can't talk." Rachel pulled the blanket over her head. Maybe if she couldn't be seen, Emma would just go away. She didn't want to do this today. She wasn't ready. Just like she wasn't the day before, or the few days prior.

"Pretty soon I'm just going to have to grab some scissors and force you out. I hope when I do you aren't just a pile of goo that spills onto my floor."

"S'gross," Rachel mumbled, pushing on Emma's thigh with her foot.

"Rachel, I'm sorry your boyfriend cheated on you with Janet. I'm not going to try to tell you it's okay, but you haven't said a word about the issue, and that's not healthy. Moping around like this isn't going to resolve anything."

Rachel flinched at the mention of Janet's name. Even if she wanted to discuss it with Emma, what could she possibly say? That she was forced into sexual slavery by some psychotic, selfish, narcissistic bitch that made her love every minute of it, and it was all Janet's fault? That the moment Janet 'rescued' her, she confirmed that she just wanted to do the same? Yeah, sounds entirely believable. Never mind the fact that Janet was still trying to manipulate her. The worst part was, it seemed she was winning.

"It's complicated." It was the only response she ever gave. She was sure Emma, as patient as she was, was growing tired of hearing it.

The exasperated sigh Emma let out confirmed it.

"All right, let's go, you have to help put the groceries away." She tugged on the blanket, throwing it to the side of the couch. "Come on, you know the rules for staying here. Get up."

Rachel pushed herself up off the couch. "Yes, Emma." She followed Emma into the kitchen, her feet dragging along the carpet.

Digging into one of the bags, Emma pointed to the one by Rachel. "Those all go in the freezer, so take care of those first."

Rachel grabbed the bag and lifted it off the counter. "Yes, Janet." She opened the freezer door, placing the bag and its contents onto the shelf. When she finished, she turned to Emma, ready to be told what was next.

Emma only stared back at her with confusion. "Why did you just say Janet's name?"

Rachel blinked a few times. "I did?" She rubbed her eyes, trying to recall if it was true or not.

"That's it!" Emma roared. She dropped the groceries on the counter and walked over to her purse, digging for her phone. "I'm calling Janet. I'll sit both of you down and force you to work through it."

Rachel placed her hand over the pocket that contained the worn papers. "Wait!"

Emma turned to her, ready to hit send.

It was never going to stop. Rachel knew that now. Part of her always knew that, ever since the first time she had that nightmare. She thought she'd be strong enough to overcome the persuasions that Janet put in her. She thought knowing what was happening to her would give her an edge against the device. In the end, it was hopeless.

Emma was right all along.

The only way out was to confront Janet. She was the only one that could end this. Rachel just wasn't sure if she was going to like the outcome. "I'm going to settle this," Rachel declared. 'One way or another,' she thought.

Emma nodded, seeing the resolve on Rachel's face. She shut her phone off, placing it on the counter behind her. She moved in to hug Rachel. "Do you want me to go with you?"

"This is something I need to do alone." Rachel needed to keep Emma out of Janet's sights, out of her grasp.

Emma squeezed Rachel. "I just hate to see you like this. Regardless of what happens, call me afterwards, okay? You know I'm here for you."

"I will," Rachel responded. She hoped that it was still her that would make the call. With that, she left Emma's home, doing her best to build her courage for the coming confrontation.

***

Author's note: Thank you for reading this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it! As usual, I'd love to hear what you think, so feel free to let me know in the comments below.

12