All Comments on 'Fool Me Twice'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 192 Comments
Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

What a powerful story for such a such tale. I could relate to not wanting to lose your kids the first time he found out but to find out there were two men in the same week. He has to divorce her this time.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 2 years ago

Very good. Only missing what happened with the other kids and the Ex. I wonder if the other kids married, if Tracy would be invited to the wedding?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Quite confusing

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
Now I get it

Karrie was good at soccer because she was half English.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

1 star.

Hubby spends a lot of time yelling. Damn best every time he has a “conversation” he’s yelling. Gets a little tiresome because violence is the first resort for the blithely stupid. People like you confuse violence and aggression for power and authority.

I’ll take some jackass yelling over some guy who looks like an accountant and calmly assesses the situation. Because he’ll have already decided whether to kill you and display the body as a sign or to make you quietly disappear and there isn’t a thing you can do except pray to whatever God you believe in to receive your soul.

Your jackass of a husband is a blow hard. All talk, no action and can’t even control his emotions, let alone anyone else.

Lastly, I find it hard to believe that the wife has ZERO emotional interest in this. HER daughter had leukaemia and she Carrie’s on like nothing has happened. And I’ll tell you something, if some asswipe shows up at my workplace as though he owns it and demands I hang up the phone, he’ll be picking up his chiclets off the floor.

Who the fuck does he think he is to barge into his wife’s place of employment and act like he owns the place. If I were security, I would assume he’s an abusive spouse and probably is going to kill her with the gun he has hidden on his body.

In an act of course, I would shoot him dead so that he doesn’t have the chance to hurt his wife or anyone else.

These fucking Democrats are the first to go postal and I wouldn’t want ti take any chances.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 2 years ago

I would like to know what happened to his ex-wife Traci.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 2 years ago

You keep scoring hat tricks

Great story, Hooked. I always look forward to your offerings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Never, ever live with a hoe

Feoalex81Feoalex81over 2 years ago

Sad that the kids have to pay for the parents stupid judgment, glad the guys dad had the balls to tell his son that he is a pussy.. dont get mary it isnt worth it

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 2 years ago

Nice. One of your best, IMHO. Thanks

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

perfect example of why you don't stay after you find out the kids not yours

SouthdownSouthdownover 2 years ago
A special bond

Having a 'daddy's girl' for a daughter is a special privilege and I am lucky to have one. This was a very heart-warming story for me, Thank You. I was especially pleased and impressed that the author gave 'Tom' a second chance to experience that love and connection with 'Stephanie' especially after suffering the treason and lies of his slut wife. Great story, well written and with my favourite kind of ending. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Glad everything worked out. Karrie had a special place in Tommy, the man that raised her heart. Too bad somebody wouldn't have beaten the hell out of Traci, she proved she was a whore, but he kept her anyway. Too bad Lorraine wouldn't catch her in the right place and she'd pay with her physical health. Tommy did well, he ended up with 4 kids and slut Traci ended up with none!

CagivagurlCagivagurlover 2 years ago

Great story. I enjoyed it immensely. Well done. Nice twist at the end.

CagivagurlCagivagurlover 2 years ago

5 stars from me...

stev2244stev2244over 2 years ago

Good 5* story, as always. I was a bit surprised he didn't leave Traci immediately, but that was remedied soon enough.

AileyInnAileyInnover 2 years ago

Outstanding. You know how to make a proud father tear up while reading a story about infidelity. Frankly, I prefer to label this as a story about a father’s love for his daughter…

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Needed something different to separate it from the other same old stories on this site.

Could you drop the continual "slut" word to give you stories a little more class. You are a good writer in spite of my suggestions.

KarnevilKarnevilover 2 years ago

A slight twist in how the husband discovers his wife cheating, or more exactly the extent of her cheating because he knew about her adultery fifteen years earlier. It could have been a good story, dramatic and interesting but unfortunately the author appears to have read the boys book of BTB clichés. lesson one: give the wife no charecter or personality, she's there merely to be burned and learn her lesson, everybody including her own children must end up hating her and usually, though this time the author missed a cliche, she should die of some std or end up whoring on the streets.

Lesson two: the husband is a Saint, everybody loves him, he never does anything wrong, he's the most honest, faithful and upstanding man in the world, obviously, after his daughter recovers from leukaemia he'll probably go on to discover the cure for cancer.

Lesson three: epilogue, the husband will find a sex goddess to marry and she will love him and never be unfaithful, the kids will love her while shunning their natural mother. They will all prosper and live happily ever after, all except the cheater, who for some reason hardly gets a mention in this epilogue, one more cliche to add next time perhaps.

As I said it could have been good but it was soooo predictable and in the end simply boring. Please, if you have the idea be brave enough to act on it, don't just fill two pages with rehashed nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Uninspired and pretty much by the book. Dull charecters and little drama, everything was obvious from a mile away. I did read it all but really I didn't need to, the end was predictable and almost a carbon copy of a thousand others on this site. Nothing new and I assume written by someone with a grudge to bear regarding wives in general.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice ending although the age difference thing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it. Unintended consequences make the best stories.

demanderdemanderover 2 years ago

Was she faithful the entire rest of the marriage? I don't see his reaction as proportionate. But she probably wasn't. D

1959richard21959richard2over 2 years ago

Very well written 👏.

A short two-page story that grabs the reader's attention, entertaining and a happy ending!!

Well done, Hooked1957...I'm

*

*

*

*

AMerryman

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfover 2 years ago

And what happened to the ex wife? Please finish the damned STORY!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 2 years ago

Nice story, but Traci is beginning to piss me off! Thanks for posting this for us grateful readers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

ZZZZZZZZZZZ. Banality on display, seems you hit every cliche available, like a thousand other LW stories.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 2 years ago

A nice, simple story with an excellent added twist to the normal "she cheated on me and got pregnant" situation. Many thanks for the story. Cheers.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

As a life long player and coach of the game, to include coaching my four daughters at some point in their lives, this one really rang my bell. Not a detraction from a great story, but I would have really liked to know what was going on in Traci's mind when she was screwing multiple men on the trip. More so, my life experience would lead me to believe they weren't the only times she stepped outside the marriage. See - You really have me drawn into the world you created. Outstanding tale! 5*

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

It was okay, but it felt like a lot of the angst was missing from what should've been a highly dramatic story.

-

The guy found out his wife had cheated on him and was now pregnant with a bastard. That's not something you get over after living in a grungy motel for two weeks. I would never in a million years raise an illegitimate child, but even though the husband agreed to it, there was no mention of the impact this had on his marriage to Traci.

The daughter would be a constant reminder of the wife's infidelity, so the festering sore in their relationship would never go away. What happened in the next twelve years? Did he make Traci's life hell by never letting her forget what a whore she was? What about a revenge affair? How did they get back to the normal relationship they seemed to have at the football game?

-

Then when the daughter got sick, the paternity issue would be something they were both painfully aware of. It would reopen a lot of very ugly wounds... but there was nothing mentioned about the impact it had on their marriage. Even the divorce was glossed over, with the husband telling the kids, but there was no dialogue with Traci. It just felt like all the really dramatic scenes were left out, making the story feel a bit dispassionate and anticlimactic.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

A lot packed in.

Good story.

Omart57Omart57over 2 years ago

Ver, very good, H! Great story!

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

I've grown impatient with how often, in the LW world, the anti-abortion ("pro-life") moral position is used as a mere plot device. Cheating on your husband with multiple partners? "Just sex." Aborting the subsequent pregnancy? Suddenly the wife is a paragon of morality.

.

It's lazy writing. If a married couple must make such a decision, at least show the readers enough respect to devote a couple of paragraphs to the husband and wife wrestling with the emotional impact of the choice.

dunmovynivdunmovynivover 2 years ago

Well, I liked it. First time I have seen this discovery method, and I have read a LOT of these stories. Gratz for that.

Wife character was thin. Unused potential there.

Overall it was okay

razarocinanterazarocinanteover 2 years ago

I'm not a native english speaker, but this threw me for a loop:

"She was 15 years my junior at 40 [...]"

Is it clearly defined, that "at 40" refers to her? Or is it ambiguous?

Wildbill314Wildbill314over 2 years ago

To Karnevil—if you have all the answers, write your own stories. Then you don’t have to complain. Or maybe just stop reading LW stories…maybe go to the library

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 2 years ago

You had me worried there when no one was a match. A well-written, feel good story with drama and a happy ending. It doesn't get much better than that. 5 stars. Well done.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 2 years ago

I was going to say something ..but WetheNorth already said it :) . Hooked in on a very well written tale again. Thank you, great work...encore!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thanks, man, You are an oasis in a desert of cuck stories. Always love how the whiners never have the gonads to write their own stories.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 2 years ago

Hooked, I love it when I see you have a story to read, I hate it when I see a great author like you make a major fupah.

At the hospital: As I was still trying to soothe a very upset 12-year-old, I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the whispering at the time.

Telling her what was going on: Oh, to have the enthusiasm and chutzpah of a 14-year-old.

In the course of a few days, Kerrie aged two years.

Still a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am sorry...I just do not see any man facing the prospect of raising another man's child and agreeing to it. Especially knowing that the entire extended family and even close friends all have knowledge of the vasectomy. The daily work of child rearing...lots of it not fun...doing it knowing the child is the result of my wife's unfaithfulness? Family reunions where everyone looks at the child and then at me and I know they are thinking of me as a ball less cuckold? Nope. No way I am buying it. The way this character is written he wouldn't accept it either.

She's a bank VP. She probably makes as much as he does. Most states now award joint custody a lot of the time to parents who are active in their children's lives. If her income is about what his is? There will be minimal financial impact. And he'll see his 2 kids all the time. That leaves her with raising her bastard by herself. This is more likely. And more believable as an outcome.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 2 years ago

Great job, Captain Hooked.

miket0422miket0422over 2 years ago

I was honestly surprised there was no mention of whether the older two kids were actually his or not.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 2 years ago

You are a Master story teller with a great imagination. Another 5* effort. Thank you Sir.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 2 years ago

Why do so many of these guys throw up?

\

"You know I don't believe in abortion. I know you don't believe in abortion. What are we going to do?" - They don't believe in abortion, but have no problem with infidelity?

\

"Oh wait. Shouldn't we have discussed our little problem then, so maybe I could also get a little strange, too?" - Yup, funny how the guy doesn't find out they had gotten "a little stale" until after she cheats.

\

Nothing about either parent being tested?

\

@SwordWielder, who cares about Traci? The other kids presumably had relatively normal lives, Traci probably got invited to the weddings, I don't see any need to see her humiliated at the weddings or whatever.

imhaplessimhaplessover 2 years ago

Cute -- good job! 5* from me.

BrentJWBrentJWover 2 years ago
Nice twist

With the second lover. The only thing hard to believe was the miraculous recovery from leukemia.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

The age difference at the end killed 1 star

Danger09Danger09over 2 years ago

One thing that is absolutely a marriage killer is having a baby on me. I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THAT. the cheating is bad enough. but to bring me home a side baby is even worse. Because that tells me your lack of love, care and respect for me was so diminished you didn't even care to use protection. You didn't care about my health. You only cared about yourself. There's a lot of couples out here with incurable diseases because their significant other decided a hard bare cock or a bare wet hot pussy was worth more than their spouse's life. I watched a documentary once where the lady was married to this man for over 20yrs. She found out he was cheating because she tested positive for H.I.V. she had no idea he was cheating, she thought he loved and cared for her. She was comatose cause all she kept thinking about was not being here to see her 3 children marry, have kids of their own or graduate. My heart went out to her. There's always consequences to cheating. So why do it if you love your partner? Why risk their life by running up in some random raw? Am I the only one scared of diseases? This wife's logic was since you forgave me for 1 you'll forgive me for the 2nd. I would've actually had all 3 kids DNA tested. You can't believe a word that comes out of the cum sluts mouth. She most likely have been cheating for year's. She clearly has gotten away with it for so long, she had no problem lying to him even when it was a life or death situation. I dont think he should've stayed with her the 1st time. I'm glad he finally grew some self respect and dumped the slut. She would've back on her back spreading her legs for her coworker's.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

I'm glad that Karrie recovered completely. What a cool, gutsy kid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it! I wish I could give it more than 5*.TY

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Laughing at other Ambon from 3 hours ago, obviously a woman. Guy finds his wife has cheated and gotten pregnant and he yells?

Really, wtf would anyone do, I’d sure not be having a civil quote sit down chat with her.

And he barged into her place of work - horror, the staff would know he’s her husband I’d expect, not a crazy ‘democrat’ gunman, also his daughter was going down I’ll fast! I’d also rushing in, the staff would also know I’d guess about the family emergency (possibly also her infidelity) and would be understanding (or sympathetic)

The whole oh there shouting - it’s abuse - is one of the loony liberal views. People who have been ousted to far, who are upset, angry or messed about do.

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Wow the MC took some heavy blows and yet powered through them. As a father, I understand the devotion to his kids. I don’t know if I could have accepted the cuckold role and raise another man’s child, but I like to think I could have stuck it long enough to get my own gets up and out. By that time the young lady would have been old enough to understand the divorce and of course I’d continue to be her father forever, just not married to her slut mother.

Well written, as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Proportionate? Are you serious? She's a lying whore. Not to mention this jewel.. "It was just sex." Which translates perfectly to "I think nothing at all of our marriage vows, I just needed to fuck 2 different men, half a dozen times while on a business trip while you were taking care of our children." Oh, and she did it bareback, with both of them, despite knowing she could get pregnant. So, add 'idiot' to 'whore' 'skank' 'slut' and 'cumbucket' titles. It makes no difference if she ever did it again or not, even though that seems damn likely surrounded by bankers all day.

BigDee44BigDee44over 2 years ago

"Her ex-husband had cheated on her after 10 years of marriage, so she understood completely.....(how a person would feel - my words). But somehow she turned around and did it to me. The first time she told me she was sorely tempted to stray, she was already pregnant. I still wonder if she actually did. Luckily, her tubes had been tied by the time she indulged herself with two more men. I truly identify with the statement that the husband is the last to know, only finding out when she chose to tell me after extensive therapy - 4 years after the facts. I was told it was not fair for me to expect answers to questions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's hard to believe that this guy's mother and father, the ones that properly categorized him as a cuck and a pussy, are so on point, yet it takes him another 15 years to recognize it. You do not automatically "lose your kids" when you get a divorce, especially if you tell them the truth about why it's happening. Also, why in the hell does every LW story have to end with the cheated on partner magically getting married again, to a perfect person that gives them the Hollywood fairy tale ending?

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 2 years ago

I was wondering how a Hooked husband ever stayed with Traci, until you introduced the second other man.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 2 years ago

Of course, we all knew, the second Karrie got hurt, that he wasn’t the biological father, but you did at least make the discovery different. But really, how many children side with one parent over the other to the point of divorce, especially these days of the hook up culture?

TechumsahTechumsahover 2 years ago

Not bad. I do t know why some comments say it's just BTB. He divorced her, he swallowed his pride and accepted a deal to stay. Then he found out she lied he exited. She is single vp of a bank her life isn't burnt at all. 4.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

His dad was an ass. Beating the shit out of Rick and chased him out of town doesn't sound like a pussy. He should have told him that if he divorced Traci, they would lose their grandparent relationship with the older kids. Then make that happen anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written with some interesting twists. I can only imagine that Chester Dowd had to have been single during the slut wife's trip to London. That's the only way I can see his now wife wanting to meet his child by another woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I never understand why the cheated husband doesn't tell the other guys wife. What does he owe the guy and why not lettuce wife then decide what she does about the cheater?

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 2 years ago

Would have loved to have heard about Traci's misery after the divorce, other than that at great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too predictable and cliche for me. Hooked has written much better stories in the past. This story lacks realistic, honest dialogue between the and the sort of angst that you’d expect to see between Tom and Traci following Traci’s betrayal. Only three stars ⭐️ for this one.

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Good story. I would have difficulty believing that Traci only sampled some strange cock over a 5 day business trip and never before or after.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Karnevil - perhaps you should take some of your extensive amount of knowledge on writing and write your own stories instead of continuing to dragging down other people that actually post their work. What do you say big man?? You got the balls??

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

At least your called it by its correct name.......football, NOT SOCCER so extra point for that. Story was ok, a little bit more dram needed but basically okay

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Formulaic. The second man is supposed to be the twist. Her normal life is apparently directly opposite of her actions on the trip. I guess that she got hit with the proverbial “Martian Slut Ray” for those five days. But does it really matter whether it was one guy or two as it relates to their marriage. In fact that tends to demonstrate that it was “just sex”, due to the lack of emotional intimacy. Then, of course he ends up with a wonderful younger woman, which doesn’t have much to do with the point of the rest of the story.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Another great story from Hooked. It’s surprising that the husband forgave Traci’s first cheating episode, but he did it for the children. Finding out about the second man was just one too many for the marriage. He wouldn’t forgive a 15 year lie. Karrie made the right choice too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Didn't see that coming. very good

Author 4.9

The flow 4.9

Overall 4.8

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

Obviously a great story and very well written. Don't know how much I liked the trickery introduced at the end. Luke warm about dumping his wife after her being faithful for fifteen years. Yeah she screwed up but

would you have made a decision to give up Karrie had you known the full truth fifteen years earlier.

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 2 years ago

Seems to me when he chose to stay with his wife after she got pregnant with Karri, he gave his her a clean slate.

she should have been truthful with everything that happened back then, but as far as MC knows she has been faithful for the last fourteen years.

be mad at her for a month, but you don't end the marriage. not in this situation

SorchakSorchakover 2 years ago

Hooked needs to go back and fix Karrie's age. When she went into the hospital she was 12. Two days later when they told her she had leukemia, she was 14. A minor point to some, a major continuity issue to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Err, where is the sex? Are you bucking for a job for LIfeline TV? Boring. very very boring

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's a really nice story...

AA

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 2 years ago

Oh, Traci, you bad, bad girl. But had your daughter not fallen ill, your second cheating wouldn't have been discovered, would it?

Another 5* story. Good job!

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

A very well told story with all the right dose of drama. I must say that although I would never have stayed with a woman who was pregnant by another man, I have to admire these men. I knew this situation as a child and only have very, very bad memories of family life "afterwards"! Children notice immediately when things are no longer right between their parents. Even if they don't always recognize the reason straight away, they know that something has changed! So it is really very important to think carefully whether staying together as a family really makes sense!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

1. The "divorce will destroy me financially and I won't get to see my children" trope is both an unprincipled and generally false basis for staying with a slut, especially when she's carrying a bastard child. TODAY DIVORCE DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. perhaps 30-60 years ago you would have a point, but today the impoverished party is the wife, not the husband. Moreover, custody arrangements can vary, but barring the husband having a substance abuse, sexual predator, or criminal problem, courts will generally give the non-residential custodial parent (not as often the mother as it used to be) as much visitation as is agreed by the parents AND never less that the statutory schedule requires. The custodial parent by LAW cannot move beyond the counties contiguous to the one the divorce was granted in without a court order (which will almost never be given without the consent of the other parent). Normally, the mother wants the father to have the children as much as possible because it is exhausting to be a single parent. Mothers (or fathers) who violate custody arrangements are NOW regularly sanctioned by contempt. That is expensive and can involve jail time, so the idea in so many stores that the wife can just get away with violating the order is not true.

The trope is unprincipled because the slut didn't get what she deserved. By cucking out, all a husband does is teach the children the wrong lesson - that marriage vows don't have to be taken seriously. Moreover, in reality the "preserved family" won't be right after that. The bastard is a continual reminder of the wife's betrayal, so the relationship between the parents is not a healthy model for the children.

If you you are going to try to justify having a husband stay with a cheating wife who is carrying her lover's child, you need to do a hell of a lot better than this tired LW bullshit.

2. "And Dad sucked it up like the man he is and stayed married to you so we could remain a family. He gave me his love and his name when he didn't have to do either." This nonsense says that a father who divorces a slut causes there not to be a "family". There is still a family, but the living arrangements are just different. Non-custodial parents can be and often are more involved with their children than custodial parents. What this quote really represents is a need by the overwhelming majority of LW authors to write a kind of demented, misplaced "chivalry" into their cuckold husband characters. This is a triumph of a sort of feminized, simpering sentimentality over reality. Neither from a societal nor a personal perspective is justice or the "greater good" served by rewarding the kind of profound betrayal written into this story.

IaOldTimerIaOldTimerover 2 years ago

So, first she was 12 years old, then a 14 year old a coupleofparagraphs later. Little editing errors like these really detract from an otherwise well written story.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 2 years ago

You skillfully avoided a lot of cleches, and write a good story. Iogically one orgy, anyone’s guess who knocked her up….she guessed wrong…just luck of the draw.

We’ll done

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

2nd lover was sort of a twist to a standard LW trope. Not particularly good dialogue but you get something for attempting to insert a bit of a bob and weave with the storyline. 3*

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

The 5***** button says "Love It" and that's exactly how I feel. I loved it! I won't understand people like the first wife, but in the end I don't need to. Great story!

JustplainjeffJustplainjeffover 2 years ago

Great story! Three cheers for Kerrie.

knoxhardknoxhardover 2 years ago

How many others? Every night on just one week long business trip. And an explanation that just screams that she didn't have any problem cheating her ass off.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

double twist, what a twist! lol fun read ty for the read. some day some of u guys should do a male author for male characters/female author for female characters

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

So, realistic. So, true-life. So, well-written. Definitely a 5+++/5!!!

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Great story. I honestly felt this was going the other way after he willingly raised another mans kid. Which happens a lot around here and the small dicklette owners seem to love the idea, so we never know which way these may turn.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Two stars, but I want to start by making some positive comments. I don't usually comment on new stories, but I recognized the poster's name and saw that the story had a high rating.

The opening hook didn't grab me, but the fact that it was there and that you spent so much time painting that picture sets it above most other stories. A little bit of character soup; I had to backtrack twice as I was having difficulty keeping the names straight. (Honestly, though, that may have been because I had fallen out of the story and had started skimming.)

Dialog is somewhat unrealistic. The characterizations of the characters is somewhat unrealistic. The ol' "I forgot to use a condom with my illicit lover because of your vasectomy" device is a little overdone in this genre; maybe the first time, but not all six (that we know about). Putting in that pinch-point of "your daughter is running out of time" felt very contrived, as did the sudden miraculous remission. The lack of realistic dialog, realistic characterizations, and realistic situations is what pulls readers out of the story.

Foreshadowing is one thing, but putting the turn-around of your story in the title is quite another. About two-thirds of the way down the first page I began to suspect that the wife was going to be caught out about the number of lovers she's had.

"I sat in stunned silence" is quite sufficient; adding "STUNNED SILENCE" in its own stand-alone full-caps sentence doesn't express any added emotion or feeling.

The basic premise of the plot was okay, but suffers from one glaring problem: it is not an erotic story. I'm not even sure how you could make it an erotic story. If I had to rewrite this story what would I do differently? Probably not write it. Not that there is no story there, but the premise is just not erotic.

How did you even settle on Loving Wives as being the place to post this? I don't think very many readers here would agree that "honey I cheated on you" is enough to qualify this as a story about extramarital sex, which is basically all there was. I could not get into the protagonist/narrator and his daughter spending half the story calling his wife a slut, bitch, and whore. You may have found it personally cathartic in some way, but this story should rightfully have been posted in a subReddit somewhere: r/relationships, r/cheating wives, r/surviving infidelity, r/etc. Or, alternatively, here under Non-Erotic.

I don't know how this story currently has a rating of 4.38 as there is nothing about it to support such a high rating. The writing is certainly not good enough to support it, childhood leukemia and the sterility which goes along with it is not erotic, revenge and divorce is not erotic, and the story doesn't even fit the category; some may find being cucked to be erotic in itself but not even that picture was painted. Erotic stories should probably include some actual sex, not merely the inference that one of the characters engaged in sex at some point.

I know this comment is pretty brutal, but you have to look at the audience and why they're here. Literotica: erotic literature.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too much angry shouting and unnecessary vulgarity. The maturity level of most of the characters was low. The plot twist, a second lover, was pointless. Hubby knew she had cheated a dozen years ago. What difference did another man make from that long ago? Has she not been a good wife and mother since then? These stories always feature a man professing great love for his children even as he rips their family asunder. Wifey broke her marriage vows 12 years ago but she has repented and reformed. Now, hubby breaks his vows to her and their children by divorcing her when things got too tough for him. He has learned nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She cheated way more than that in the marriage.

tralan69ertralan69erover 2 years ago

@sbrooks103

Why do so many of these guys throw up?

The wife cheating makes them sick, so they throw up.

\

"You know I don't believe in abortion. I know you don't believe in abortion. What are we going to do?" - They don't believe in abortion, but have no problem with infidelity?

Where did it say they had no problem with infidelity?

\

"Oh wait. Shouldn't we have discussed our little problem then, so maybe I could also get a little strange, too?" - Yup, funny how the guy doesn't find out they had gotten "a little stale" until after she cheats.

Isn't that how it usually goes? nothing new there.

\

Nothing about either parent being tested?

Traci would have been the only "parent" being tested as he was not the biological dad. Something like that would so OBVIOUS that it wasn't necessary to be written into the story.

\

@SwordWielder, who cares about Traci? The other kids presumably had relatively normal lives, Traci probably got invited to the weddings, I don't see any need to see her humiliated at the weddings or whatever.

So you think that since you don't see any need for her to be humiliated that is how it should be. If it was your story that would be fine. Since its not your story it doesn't matter what you think.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another commenter gave you kudos for calling SOCCER football. Bull!! It's SOCCER IN THE USA!! We already have football. Just because the rest of the world is too scared and weak to play, doesn't mean that what they can play should be called football.

I've watched the Bundesliga, supposedly the best league from top to bottom; and pro soccer is a SNOOZEFEST at best and just beats watching paint dry as the worst.

69gman69gmanover 2 years ago
Nice..

Well done Skip.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fantastic story but a little surprised by the animosity after learning about the second affair all those years later. Not wanting to sound like a advertisement but if any child needs support while fighting leukemia look for help from St Jude Children's Hospital; a place where miracles are possible every day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A man will put up with a lot to stay with his kids, even if all of them are not really his.

Just got back from watching my 8-year old granddaughter knock down 8-year old boys playing defense. Boys are aggressive playing soccer, girls are downright mean.

Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Five days of slutting with two men, over 14 years ago. So what was the marriage like since then? Had the whore rehabilitated herself? Was there any evidence that she was still slutting when she had the opportunity? You have to consider that apparently her week long brain failure was of a nature that the husband never knew, and the subsequent marriage was pretty good. So what would he gain by divorcing a woman that as far as he could tell had been a good wife, at least for the past 14 years? It must not in fact have been that great of a marriage, or the husband would have figured out some way to compensate. In fact the husband was partly to blame by omission. Where was the post nuptial agreement? Where was the free pass for a week's worth of fucking should the opportunity and desire ever arise? Where was the plan to tell his step daughter about her true parentage? The whole late term revenge just seems too late and of uncertain validity.

The reason you divorce a person is to end a toxic relationship, and because you can no longer trust and respect them to be true in the future. But their relationship was not toxic, in fact we are lead to believe it was loyal and loving and faithful from that time forward for 14 years. It also is weak that the wife didn't have an idea who the true father was after the child was born. So when a bone donor was needed the wife should have started tracking down her other fuck buddy. Now that might be worth divorcing her over.

I'm not saying he should have stayed with the old whore. Men age like wine and women age like cheese, so it did turn out that he got the opportunity to trade in the old well used bike and got a much newer sportier model. Again, the first marriage must not have been that satisfying or worth working for. Hope her week of fucking was worth it. But with a Limy? Probably not.

A good plot idea and a decent execution. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was hoping the bastard would die. What a missed opportunity for something interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done. Four stars.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous