Fool Me Twice . . . .

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We both have a lot to be proud of." I told her.

At that point I reached down and picked up the documents and put them on the table. Mia, still smiling, looked at the material and then her face changed. She looked confused.

"Now that the twins have graduated I've exercised our post-nuptial agreement. You are now free to date without worrying about the children. In 60 days we will be legally divorced."

She looked up at me stunned.

"Mia, you will always be a part of my life. There were times when I was quite angry with you but over the years I've mostly gotten over that." I told her. "I consider you a good friend." I happily told her.

She stared at me, the smile she had changed to a confused frown.

"Friends!? Divorce!? Patrick, I'm in love with you!" She nearly shouted. "I don't want a divorce!"

I studied her puzzled.

"Mia, the post nuptial agreement spells it all out. Here it is," I said and slid the papers toward her. "You agreed to this, there's your signature of agreement." I said and pointed to the bottom of the page.

"But, what about the trip to Hawaii?" She asked, desperation in her voice.

"Hawaii?" I said, now I was confused. "How did you know about the trip to Hawaii?"

She sat there not answering.

"I'm going to Hawaii with Teresa." I told her.

"TERESA!!?" She nearly screamed.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Right after Ryan died I spent a lot of time with Teresa. Despite the challenges I was having with Mia I knew I needed to support Teresa. For several months I was at their house multiple times per week. I recalled the promise I made to Ryan in those last few days.

But after a while it became a burden to me. It was awkward and I didn't, at first, know why. I know a lot of it was sadness at the loss of my friend, but it was beyond that. My feelings for her were becoming romantic. That felt like a betrayal of my deceased friend.

So I quit visiting Teresa. This was around the time I started hanging out at The Red Caboose. This was a hollow time in my life. I didn't have any type of dating life and I recalled the single time I had spontaneous sex with Mia. I knew immediately that was a mistake.

I began a different lifestyle, pledging to be healthy. I focused on my kids and my job. Fortunately both those parts of my life were going well. About this time I began walking several miles after dinner, 2 or 3 times per week.

My route took me right past Teresa and Ryan's house. Well, now just Teresa's, but I couldn't help but think of him whenever I went by.

One summer night as I walked by I saw her watering some flower pots on the front porch. We got to chatting and she joined me on the walk. This became a habit and we began to walk regularly.

As much time that we were spending together it was hard for me not to notice how attractive Teresa was. Not the voluptuous curves of Mia, more like a distance runner. Lean with little body fat, but certainly nice shaped breasts and legs.

I would admonish myself. This was my departed good friends wife. I remembered the pledge I made to him.

It had been a couple of years by now that I was hanging out with Teresa. As per my post-nuptial agreement I did not co mingle my home life with my friendship with Teresa. It was separate and not spoken of. Essentially a secret to my family.

My fondness for Teresa grew, and our friendship grew stronger. We had gotten into a habit of hugging goodbye. The contact was brief, but even in the brevity I felt surges of sexual attraction. I had to keep reminding myself she was Ryan's widow.

One summer night we were walking and we had an unexpected rain storm. We were at the furthest distance from her house, so by the time we got back we were both soaked and cold.

"You open the wine," Teresa said to me, "I'm going to take a quick shower."

As I was in the kitchen with the wine I heard her say something from down the hall.

"What?" I said back to her. I couldn't hear what she said.

Finally I saw a naked arm open the door, I had a glimpse of her abdomen and part of her breast.

"I said can you get me a towel. They're in the laundry room."

I had a mixture of feelings walking to the laundry room, attraction, guilt, and certainly desire.

"Uh," I began, "do you want me to leave it out here?" I asked, unsure.

Just then the door cracked and her arm came through. Instead of grasping the towel she grabbed my arm and pulled me in the bathroom.

There standing in front of me I saw Teresa's smiling and naked for the first time. I just stopped and stared.

After a moment she smiled and said.

"Get your clothes off and get in. It's getting cold!" She said to me. And then, "it's about time."

You can imagine what happened next. I soaped her and explored her lean body. I licked her breasts and trailed down to her genitals. She grabbed the soap and started rubbing me and eventually got to my cock.

I warned her my trigger was going to be quick. I think she took that as a challenge. I erupted.

We started round 2 in her bed. I spent the night, knowing I'd need to be up early before Mia and the kids were up. I recalled the post-nup.

The following day when I went to Teresa's it was awkward. Almost all on my part. After about ten minutes of me acting odd. She asked me what was up. The good thing was our friendship was solid enough to have this kind of conversation.

"I feel like I'm cheating on Ryan," I finally told her.

She paused and studied me.

"I want to tell you about one of our last conversations," Teresa began.

She told me that Ryan told her that he felt guilty about dying. He felt he was letting her down.

'Promise me you'll find a good man to spend your life with' he told her. She protested and said no one could ever take his place. Holding her hand his eyes slowly shut, and then with surprising strength, his eyes flashed open and with a small smile, he whispered, 'Patrick'.

"So you see," she said to me, "he's already given us his blessing."

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

It was several years later, the twins were still in college and it was a big day for Michael.

The post-nup went through smoothly. Myron had done a good job. Mia tried to protest but the agreement was solid.

Teresa and I were married. It was a small affair. Teresa's brother Tim, my good friend, was my best man. I moved into Teresa's house (I still thought of it as Teresa and Ryan's, couldn't help it). And Mia kept our family house.

Michael was marrying his college girlfriend Bridget. She was a wonderful young woman and I was glad they were together.

It was later in the evening at the reception. I found myself alone at a table, maybe one too many glasses of champagne, I looked around the gathering quite content.

Obviously it was a happy day for Michael, I watched him and Bridget dance. Claire was dancing with her boyfriend, a big guy, Daniel, who played football at Notre Dame. I liked him.

Cleo was applying to med school and claimed she didn't have time for men. She was dancing on her own near her sister. Teresa was as beautiful as ever and I saw her happily talking to a group of people. I was in a buzzed, fulfilled state of mind.

Just then I sensed someone sit in the unoccupied chair next to me. It was Mia. I turned and looked at her. She'd gained weight, and the stresses of life were evident on her face. She had aged.

"Having a good time?" I asked pleasantly.

Ever since our conversation at The Pasta House our relationship had been strained. She acted as if she was mad at me.

"Yes. I guess." She said, "I'm very happy for Michael."

"He's a good guy, and he's marrying the right woman."

There was a lull in the conversation, each with our private thoughts.

And then I looked over and saw the silent tears falling.

"What's wrong?" I asked. "Mia you've been a fantastic mother." I said, trying to cheer her up.

"Maybe a good mother," she said as she stood not looking at me, "but not so great a wife."

THE END.

No big destructive revenge this time. But she has to live the rest of her life feeling the pain of her stupid and selfish actions.

.