Fooled Me Twice Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ruth, having you in the picture made it so much easier for me to disappear and leave Marty to you. I'm thankful he wasn't alone and pray you and Marty have had a happy life for the past forty years.

God bless you all,

Elizabeth Catherine Cummings, who was almost your wife, and one you called,

Liz"

------

I laid all the sheets on the patio table and put a cup on top so the pages wouldn't blow away in the breeze.

I went to Cat and wrapped her up in my arms, and then Ruth and Lexa joined us a second before Lissa, Olive, and Anika filled out the scrum. Carter reached over their heads to grab my hand, and Preston covered both of our hands with his. Frank couldn't reach over the pile to join hands, but as he pointed at me, I could see the flood of tears pouring down his cheeks. We were still a family.

------

When Liza and Matthew returned from their honeymoon, everyone filled them in about what they missed.

Anika took Olive to India several weeks later to meet her grandmother, who moved back to India when her partner died last year.

Carter was in space aboard the ESS Albert Einstein, ready to depart for Jupiter's moon.

Ruth was Ruth, the ultimate mother and grandmother, and we still spooned in bed.

My darling daughter Alexandra and I had a very long and private talk about the letter from Liz. I answered every question she had, and after snuggling for fifteen minutes afterward, she kissed me on the cheek and said, "Thank you, Daddy, for being honest and not treating me like a child. Now, I understand how embarrassing this was for you to read out loud standing in front of the family."

After reading the letter, well, most of it, to the family on that sparkling clear day in May, I decided to write my memoirs. I began writing the epilogue first while everything was still fresh in my head. The suicide note from Liz, was back in my safe, and I was working off a copy. It seems to me there were a lot of copies made of the letter because every adult member of my family seemed to take great delight in asking questions about one part of the letter or another for several years.

I never achieved my lifelong dream of traveling in space, but I had something better; Ruth kept me organized while writing this novel, and Lexa was by my other side as my editor. What more could I ask for?

Marty

The End

Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well, why I am sure this was planned by the author and did in fact clear out some plot inconsistencies of the prior chapter, this ending still unequivocally sucked and ruined the story. Ignoring why Liz would ever enter into a sharing agreement with Cassie (which is really, really dumb, especially since Liz claims to have loved Marty and Cat), why she let it carry on so long including letting Cassie be the one to say "I do" (yes she is supposedly more submissive whatever), why she was so easily tricked by Cassie into being the one getting pregnant (why would Cassie even want that, she clearly would not enjoy a pregnancy and wasn't like she cared for Marty), ignoring the obvious glaring fact that identical twins are NEVER truly identical, especially ones who grew up totally apart (body markings, scars, different fitness, different backgrounds, experiences, accepts, mannerisms, behavioral reactions, etc), ignoring all of that, when Liz finally took action to save her almost-husband and her almost-daughter and kills her sister, just make the body disappear and take her place. Period. Yes her hand was forced a little sooner than she may have wanted but she clearly had been planning. It would have been the perfect crime. No body. No murder. And she lives the rest of her life with Marty. It makes zero sense that she would flee. Sure once she fled and no going back, I get the whole guilt and convent thing, but honestly Liz had mental issues as well. Again ignoring all the other inexplicable hyperbolic bs that quite frankly was emotionally easier to accept, though far darker, that she had more than one personality, the fact that when she shot Cassie, she just had to hide the body and dispose of it later and make.good with Marty. She had shown a reason ability to fix things before. She could have gone to counseling and made him bekiev4 that she was better post depression. She literally could have stepped into Cassie's dead shoes. So yeah while this ending might logically explain certain elements and actions more thoroughly that ignores thr huge elephants in the room of why Liz woukd be party to this, why she would let Cassie be near Marty, why she would let Cassie get even close to.th4 weeding altar, and why she didn't step into Cassie's role after she executed Cassie to save Marty and Cat. The rest of the space command stuff and future telling was at time cute but distracting. Sigh killed the story for this reader. To each their own.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

tkh3nket2110 - you are a fool!

The ending, that you deride - is excellent in giving a reasonable explanation for a number of puzzling aspects of the story!

Something I've only done twice before - 5*

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 2 years ago

Everything after Marty and Ruth getting together is anticlimactic. Not only that, but the letter totally ruined a great story in my opinion. The ending is just too far fetched and really unnecessary.

servant111servant111almost 2 years ago

you are a really great author and i look forward to your work... It is incisive and filled with truth... Unfortunately this is not one of those efforts. Reading this series I find that you almost have three separate stories entwined in this metanarrative which frankly exist fairly independently of each other and which sadly do not have much bearing on the other threads.

First is the spacex type of tale about rousing interplanetary exploration... Its a great tale and warrants exploration in its own story series under Science Fiction. It reminds me of a similar tail by SW_MO_Hermit entitled "Country Boy." Separate this one out expand it and you have a good Science Fiction story series...

Second is the crazy lady story...Liz vs Elizabeth... that runs through the first 6 episodes of this tale... I frankly found the severe humiliation bondage wimp cuckold foundation of this tale so distasteful personally I skimmed over the more extreme parts to stay sufficiently focused to continue through the rest of the tale... While I can see your intent in bringing up this cess pool and including such graphic humiliation and general debauched nonsense in this tale... I find myself detached...because the rationale for the wimp cuckold husband remaining with the obviously psychopathic nut case of a wife up to and including the birth of their child... is so specious that it forces me to start using my own common sense to bridge the gaping plot holes left in the metanarrative.

Part 3 is one of the most blatant Deux ex Machina off stage insertions I have ever come across in 40 years of intensive perusal of all kinds of literature. There is no foreshadowing whatsoeverr...you just give us the Deux ex Machina letter in the last chapter...and wham bam here we have the twining instead of the split personality... Yes this is insane but at least one can begin rationalizing...but dthen we have Elizabeth...the good wife...leaving him for 40 fricking YEARS with out any contact whatsoever...to give the cuckolded husband a chance with Marty. This defies occam razor and utterly defies common sense... If Elizabeth loved her husband...a rather simple come to jesus explaination would have enabled him to fully restore their relationship. But the 40 year separation...???!!! Makes no sense and the letter is simply too lame to be taken seriously...

Thus we are left with a chaotic mess of one good thread and two not so acceptable threads which really don't relate to each other... In short, sadly this just doesn't work as a metanarrative... You can and have done much much better...

3 stars...because I love your writing so much I am willing to give a pass for this mess...

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Peace of Mind What it’s like to feel that the edge is just inches away.in Romance
Off To a Rough Start Carefully cutting losses before they spin out of control.in Romance
Abandoned Rage Abandoned and humiliated in the worst way.in Loving Wives
Burn Baby Burn Pt. 01 Cheating, retribution, windfall and new love...oh my.in Novels and Novellas
The Music Of My Life The song is not over until the last notes have been played.in Loving Wives
More Stories