All Comments on 'Fool's Envy Ch. 02'

by S-Des

Sort by:
  • 120 Comments
Average-JoeAverage-Joealmost 18 years ago
Still going strong

I like the husbands reactions and what he had to say about the consequences of her 'mistake'. Nice to see someone that is not vicious but still remains resolute. Also nice to see that he is not trying to minimize her actions and/or talk himself into accepting part of the responsibility so he can stay with her. That so many husbands seem to talk themselves into believing the wife's actions are mostly/partly their fault is really annoying trend in some cheating stories so Im happy to see that this husband isnt doing that.

I understand that he is sad and broken up over the loss of a marriage he thought he would have for the rest of his life but I really hope he has a trick up his sleeve about money & a future job (that he won the lottery or owns the company or something). Money isnt everything and in this situation, it must seem relatively unimportant but Id hate to see him with nothing once he gets over his depression. He basically has no assets and a small income with which to build up more. Its good that he isnt being vicious and is more sad over the loss of the marriage he thought he had than worried about money but Id hate to see him regret not having anything when he gets over it and starts to move on. Oh well - maybe the girl he works with that seems to like him is really rich <just kidding> :)

Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
great

hes right how could he ever trust her again ...hell divorce her and if she still feels like she wants tomake it up to him just fuck her ..at least they are not married then ...all she would be is a piece of ass till he can find the right woamn to spend the rest of his life with

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Terry gets screwed again

and she doesn't even get kissed either time. The only thing she go was a cock down her throat and no her soon to be ex husband is giving her the shaft but royally.

I do not feel sorry for Terry because she brought this upon herself. She let her so called friend talk her into having an extramarital affair that it was very funny. Especially the part where he would not fuck Jackie as the door prize, but he did and is getting his revenge. Too bad Terry lived. It would have made it a lot better if she had just bled to death or wound up as a vegetable.

As far as the body builder, he is lucky he still has an arm and can use it. I think he and his slut will be more careful of what they do in the future and it would not surprise me if they do not move away.

At the meeting with Terry and her shark of a lawyer, she was still trying to control him and get everything she could from him. I think he did the right thing by hiding assets and taking a lower paying job. It would not surprise me if in the near future he does not get his old job back or goes on to another company with a better job.

I hope the next chapter will be the final one and it will end in a divorce that Jackie gets what he wants her to have and nothing more. Then they can go their separate ways and never see each other again.

ONCE A CHEAT, ALWAYS A CHEAT.

I still have one question, when she was getting fucked by the Jackie's husband, why didn't he stop it? It seems like he wanted it to happen so he could get a divorce and it would be all Terry's fault.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
leave it alone

No need for more. I don't want to know how they get back together; not likely in real life where apparently one-off screws with a bit of strange happen because of an underlying discontent. It would be a romantic cliche to pair him with Karen; again in real life, sensible people avoid being taken on the rebound. The real life years of misery as the two of them recover from their mistakes are boring to undergo and free of events of interest to readers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Stupidity

I like the story line, unfortunately there are naive ladies out there who believe everything that were told to them. The combine effect from a confident trickster (Jackie & Ted) to such a silly woman often ended up with a sickening consequenses to all closes to her. Often it is truly due to their naive and stupidity. What a mess. I hope the author can come to a conclusion that is compassionate and dignified to both parties.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great so far

I'm so glad you haven't made the husband wimpy as in so many loving wives stories (blaming himself for mistakes that were clearly the wife's fault, for instance). I hope you don't wimpify him in future parts, no matter what the ending may be (reconcilliation or not). If there's a reconcilliation, the wife should earn it instead of having the husband agree to anything because he decides he just can't live without her. But you've made it pretty tough for her to redeem herself, so you have me very curious to see where you're going with this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
?

I don't understand some of the previous vitriolic comments.For Heaven's sake this is a STORY,and I am intrigued to see how it will finish.S-Des is a great author,and he is probably going to suprise us.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 18 years ago
This story is working nicely!

It's great when commenters speak about the characters as if they are people on their block. Thinking about it, the wife wanting to sleep with Ted ended the marriage. The actual deed only indictaed how serious she was. Nice job thus far and I only hope Lit can post your next chapter this week!

cageyteecageyteealmost 18 years ago
I have enjoyed your work and this new piece

... is no exception. Like many others, I looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.

Thank you for sharing your talent for writing and spinning tales.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
this prolong story could've been over in part 2

good read and the plot is great,but too drawn out.a lot of extras to prolong the story.in a real marriage betrayal and mistrust is the most inportant thing to end a marriage.she was wrong and he wrong for not telling people in the hood,because who wife would be next.

Blue88Blue88almost 18 years ago
Good job

I'm enjoying this. A well crafted story with interesting characters, even tho Terry seems to be not the brightest of women. I'm anxious to read the concluding chapter.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 18 years ago
so far this is a GREAT no FABULOUS story

some what too long but it is useful to read the hubby's side of things...

It is still amazing that after all this time ...the whore wife STILL did not talk to jackie and still did NOT know that her "husband" did not fuck her friend...

The BIG PROBLEM is I cannot for the life of me figure out WHY he has not told the whole neighborhood... and work about Ted and Jackie swinging and Deceit... and especially the in laws.

what about her actions and character tells Steve that he should go OUT OF HIS WAY to protect his whore wife-- soon to be ex wife??? This is why I am still some what worried at a reconcilation....

There are ONLY two possibilities... the whore wife is mentally ill or has serious life long chararcter flaw. In either case why stayed married....???

When this chapter opened up with the hospital scene I felt for certain that S-DES was setting up a reconcle at all costs scenario but that did NOT happen.

The writer made it clear the sex with TED was Just the final act NOT the problem. That was very well done.

If there is going to be another chapter I urge readers to keep in mind ALL the things Steve said in the final confrontation scene with the whore wife and her lawyer. Those words -- his feeings his Mindset -- present MASSIVE road blocks against any sort ofn reconciliation....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
People make mistakes

Keep on going,

Husband's introspection is normal, I think we all, at one time or another, look to see if we caused someone to do something wrong. Wife just got caught up with wrong people, fell to temptation, and totally miscalculated husband's reaction.

Looking forward to next installment.

Woodbine 68

RPBPhotoRPBPhotoalmost 18 years ago
Outstanding Story

There's not much that I can add to the many positive reviews which have already been posted. I look forward to the concluding chapter.

Thanks for another well written, insightful and realistic story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Strong chapter!

This part was particularly well written. It flowed nicely, was well organized and showed the emotions and pain.

The husband is particularly well defined - there is no misunderstanding his actions.

Great job! - DJ

looking4itlooking4italmost 18 years ago
Thank you.

Well written. Good thought to plot and conversations. I want to thank you for making the husband strong. Although I saw the secret martial arts knowledge in the outcome with the confrontation with Ted before I read it, at least he wasn't a former Navy Seal or Green Beret. My earlier fears for the plot have been alleviated for now and I look forward to chapter three.

ohioohioalmost 18 years ago
great writing as always

as in all of your stories. The feelings are very powerful, especially in this chapter, which I found more compelling than Ch. 1.

Hoever, I have difficulty believing the characters' behavior at several points. For Terry to be so naive and stupid as to jump into bed with Ted, based on some signal from Jackie, stretches credulity further than I can go. Likewise, Steve's behavior that night and afterwards is simply not believable: he sees Terry in bed with Ted, yet he neither rushes in to break up the scene (the most likely), nor leaves the party, goes home, packs and moves out. Instead (not believable), he takes her home, sleeps lovingly in her arms, and without discussing matters moves out two days later.

As much as I'm enjoying the story (and I really am), I simply cannot find the behavior of either of these characters plausible.

Thanks for your great writing!

Sincerely, ohio

Extra_Dry_PlezExtra_Dry_Plezalmost 18 years ago
what was the accident???

i am a little confused about the accident and why it wasn't important to the story...but i am waiting until chapter 3 to see if it is better explained there

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Good

i like it so far. i think the story could end as it is.

we all know that the 3rd chapter will be the reconciliation part. and to me, the hardest part would be how to make it plausable.

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardalmost 18 years ago
wow

Part 1 was good. I was literally racing home to see if I could read part 2 a few days ago.

Well it took an extra day and some but DAMN it was worth it!

I have to say...this is proablly the most well thought out 'meeting' between spouces I have read since one of the "nighttime confessions".

no complaints really. None... surprising for me. USUALLY it is chapter 2 where the characters really waver and change to force the recon. But here you just made tht harder.

Chapter one was a good set up but MAN this one is even better.

Will you do a recon or a seperation? I don't know. But I will be racing Barney to come home tonight and see!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Fun read

I have enjoyed your story. It is a fun read. I am not a fan of iidelity in a marrage by either husband or wife. I also do not care for whimp husbands. You have not used either in this story. Reconsiliation is a possibilities but only under limited circumstances in my view. This husband has expressed his feelings and the wife seems to have no clue what her problems are so I doubt it is realistic here.

Roger

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
It reads like a short storie

It is hard to read or get the jist of what is going on at times, but you truly are an author. The 'good' parts are pretty fair, but to me, a little more descriptive verbage and action is always helpful. Truly enjoyed the reading, all of the events flow together and make for interesting reading. Thnx

wetapapwetapapalmost 18 years ago
Fantastic story and

writing, it speaks for itself. im sure part three will be just as good. keep up the good work. a fan always.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I liked the story but.....

I could never find out why she was in the hospital or why everyone was angry with the husband. Next why did you let Ted get off wioth only a twisted arm? Every state and mumicipality in the country will allow the one who is agressed against to defend himself from the agressor till the agressor is no longer to psycially carry out the original assault. What did you noe have him broken and bleeding...?

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Great story and writing

I think you are just doing a great job of trying to give us something a little bit fresh and it is appreciated.

OK, many know my belief there are no mistakes, just ill-conceived plans and actions.

Terry did not make a mistake she consciously chased her desires and let that be her focal point of all her actions. Everything at that time was secondary as long as she got to experience the wanted outcome. Anything that was put as an obstacle in front of her was not going to change her perceived need in her mind. Stopping her would not have solved the problem right then without her coming to grips with why her desire was there, nothing would change but cause more frustration on her part. She will have to find out what her motives and mindset are if she wants to feel whole again.

Steve’s actions after the sex show are to me a writer’s way of a unique approach and I enjoyed it being different. Is it illogical to me? I found it interesting and gave a different twist to the story. Steve is portrayed as someone who understands this was a purposeful act by Terry and she was hell bent on doing what she wanted. This was not a slip, but a want. How can he justify her putting her needs over anything else and feel like he even knows this woman anymore. All through this story he cares nothing of what others think, but only what his character tells him is right or wrong. This kind of person is hard pressed to adjust his personal moral code he lives by. Simple black and white thinking can make the world easier to live in, but it can make confliction of those beliefs fall into the wrong action black category. He has had all his values challenged with the highest of emotions, and how does he make himself whole again. Terry and Steve most likely would be better off starting new lives if Steve still believes everything must be good or evil as so many people do.

Can not wait to read the last chapter.

Thank you for the great writing and entertainment.

PT

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
my compliments

i applaud your writing skills. Though i suggest you tone down the sexual descriptions, because your story, your writing and flow have great sexual energy in them anyways. Looking forward to the next part. Very eager to know what happens next.

Risq_001Risq_001almost 18 years ago
I almost didn't think you would pull it off ......

...for me to start to enjoy it again, but at the end you did. So I admit some curiousity for the ending.

I say the above because of a couple things I read though, and I have to admit I'm a *tiny* but confused by them.

Like this one comment:

______________________

"I ran away in the middle of the day and left her a note; how could I have been such a coward? I could have stopped things at Ted's house with a word, but I chose to test her and lost. Part of me felt vindicated about my decision because of what Jackie told me. Part of me felt stupid for not standing up and saying no, allowing my wife to be taken from me."

______________________

I have never understood why some folks feel that if someone doesn't stick around to fight, whether it's physical or verbal, they are running away and is a coward for not fighting back? I mean what good can ever come from that, I mean fighting over someone's betrayal? What would have been gained by him staying to do it? I guess why I'm confused with this is that she didn't need his permission to cheat on him, but he needs her permission to leave her?

Another few questions was, How was his wife taken from him? I mean she's not a piece of property, she's her own person to make her "own" choices, good or bad, right or wrong, and how is it his fault if she makes a choice that harms him? I mean he only witnessed it first hand because he choose to believe that she loved him too much to cheat on him and decided to place his trust in that belief in instead of questioning her love for him? And some how now its his fault that the wife only thought about how much she wanted to have sex with another man more than how often her husband told her he loved her and what he was doing to prove it? I'm lost with that.

Another was this one:

______________________

She ran from the room in tears. I didn't feel any better about myself, but at least now my misery had company. When she came back in ten minutes later, it was with her lawyer.

______________________

Ok, I again was lost with this comment, he finally confronts his wife (and quits being a coward for running) about her betrayal, and the first bout was resolved like this? I mean he was a coward for not facing her before he left and now he's a jerk for fighting with her and making her cry? I mean no win situations for the men never seemed fair in any story, yet is always created. I guess the only acceptable answer is a quick "I forgive you honey" as soon as your wife is finished having sex with another man? I guess the quicker the better, and if you can managed to do it seconds after she gets off the other guy you might be seen as the better man here? I guess I'll never understand this either.

I mean don't get me wrong, it was a pretty good story. You showed him with some real emotions and let him stand up for himself in a unique way I've not seen before. The cool twist I liked was that he used all their savings to pay off all the bills he could and put the rest into the house for her. That way they were solvent and he couldn't get stuck with the bills as part of the divorce. You made him intelligent, something that's lacking in most reconcilation stories. That and him taking a "lesser" paying job so he wouldn't get stuck with alimony. That was classic.

But, it did bother me how much he seemed to blame himself for daring to put his trust in the fact that his wife would always be faithful to him. But the ending of the story at least made me feel better about likeing it, like even though he got shafted he wasn't going to let anyone make him feel weepy about it.

Just curious how part 3 playes out now. I'm still pretty sure it's a reconcilation story, I just hope that someone else in the story bosters the husbands confidence that he is still a decent person and desirable to women, without have to be used as a side deal, before he goes back to the wife.

I say that because I've read "countless" arguements for why the wife should be quickly forgiven, but not a single one about what needs to be done to build up the husbands self confidence after taking a blow to his ego like this. Like no one cares about how the husband felt and is only concentrating on the pain the wife is feeling. That always make me feel like everyone feels the husband doesn't matter long as the wife is happy.

I hope that is, but I'll have to wait to see how you wrote the rest.

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
So far I liking it ...

...however, I have a gut feeling you're going to weaken. I suggest that you read H2Owader's offering, "THE DECLARATION" for encouragement as to the ending you submit.

Your writing is good, with a nice flow to it. I'm impressed. However, I agree with others that the accident is a grey area, and the simple twisted arm is almost humorous considering the anger the guy must have been feeling toward the guy. It's like, "Okay. You screw my wife and I'll twist your arm." Boy, that's got to hurt the cuckolder. He'll think twice before he screws another man's wife ... why he might get his arm twisted again.

Admittedly, some are not going to like whatever ending you put on this story. I just want to see a strong ending where the husband doesn't become pussy whipped. He deserves a wife who is stronger and less of a bitch than the one he has just left.

DREMAN

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Well, I did have

I did have a bunch of stuff to say about this story, but Risq 001 pretty much said everything I thought and was much better at putting it down, so "what he said", thanks Risq 001, I await the outcome of this one, don't see how it can bee too happy, at the lawyers meeting, she admitted to manipulating him for her own wishes, and continues to try and do so. Glad I don't have to finish writing this one! And thank you S-Des for the story.

Snipe

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
4 days later, he's back

and tells her he's so sorry he ran out on her a second time, but if she'd FORGIVE HIM --- forgive his atrocious behavior --- he'd like to try again. he has already forgiven her; he loved so much, he couln't live wihtout her, after sometime, he realized! lol

he's already called a marriage counselor, too!, the best. and, oh, making only 28,000 now, he has to dip into his blind trust, set asid by his grand father, for the counselor hours, which cost $250 an hour!, which meant he and Terry, if she agrees to counseling, could not afford more than a couple weeks until his trust runs dried.

Terry, of course, said "It's too late, Steve. I gave you a few chances but you didn't take any. I'm now quite happy with Ted and his big friends. They are much more romantic and considerate; we can do all kinds of fun things together, unlike being with you!"

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 18 years ago
Lots of comments, S-Des!

I think your second chapter was stronger than the 1st. Ohio did point out correctly that his actions were not credible during and after the event. But, I would disagree with Ohio about her actions as I have many times observed very manipulative and self-centered behavior which with the benefit of hindsight appears hopelessly irrational. Congrats on stirring things up and protecting Steven from wimp-dom.

I don't agree with the comment that Steven is too "black-and-white" - keeping one's word and expecting one's spouse to do likewise should not be characterized as inflexibility or rigidity - it has to do with one's values.

I'll weigh in on reconciliation - I wouldn't if I were him (there are lots of very nice women out there who would appreciate him), but I could see it happening after a long period of time (say 3 to 5 years) and other relationships in between for both parties. Would be very difficult to do, though.

MetzovMetzovalmost 18 years ago
Not a lot for me to say

Risq and Peggytwitty covered it pretty well although I'm not bothered by Steve's comments as Risq was. I see them as a man questioning himself but staying with what he believes.

Steve seems to (rightly) be convinced that he'll never be able to trust Terry because of not only the cheating, But also the way she tried to trap him into something she knew he'd never go along with if she tried to talk to him about it. Then she makes it worse by trying to scare him into coming back to her with a lawyer proving that only what she wants maters to her.

I have no problem with reconciliation if that's where you're going as long as it works with the story you've told so far. For Steve to go back to her she's going to have to have a major epiphany and then growth of character. Steve is going to have to be somehow convinced of this. I have less of a problem with this then some because I do believe people can change. Not many and not easily but it can happen. If a writer can make it believable then I'll not only go along but enjoy it.

Excellent to this point by the way.

Kanga40Kanga40almost 18 years ago
Risq, I think you misinterpret

or at least interpret Steve's thoughts differently from me.

You say:

"I have never understood why some folks feel that if someone doesn't stick around to fight, whether it's physical or verbal, they are running away and is a coward for not fighting back?"

The author never tells us anywhere in the story that Steve is a coward - all the part you quoted before your comment is what Steve is thinking. I read it as him running a great gammut of emotions, his thoughts are running wild in his head while he is trying to sort himself out. Have you never thought to yourself "Boy, I'm stupid" ? You know you don't really believe it, but you still say it to yourself until you sort out whatever is bothering you. Same here with Steve, I believe.

You also didn't like:

"She ran from the room in tears. I didn't feel any better about myself, but at least now my misery had company."

Sounds completely reasonable to me, I see no way to interpret his words as "now he's a jerk for fighting with her and making her cry", as you seem to infer. Once again, it's an emotion charged confrontation. She runs out in tears and he he says "I didn't feel any better" , BUT I don't see that as meaning he feels badly, or worse because of it - he's just saying it didn't make him feel any better....

Also, you say "it did bother me how much he seemed to blame himself for daring to put his trust in the fact that his wife would always be faithful to him." I didn't see him as 'blaming himself" for trusting her, but more that he was shocked and understandably emotionally shattered at realising how misplaced that trust was.

I F... authors would post complete stories, you would know by now if it was a 'reconciliation' story or not. I'll say no more about that...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Blinded Not by the Light but Lust

Exceptional effort so far. Writing and realism.

Comment on the comments:

His immediate reaction and words to Jackie fortold his position. He with held stating his position to his wife either in an effort to be sure with reluctance or until the banks and work week began. It wasn't confusion or indecision as I read it.

Why didn't he stop her and Studly? He already knew the marriage was dead from what the substitute whore had told him in preparation as agreed beforehand with his wife not soon to be.

I must say when Mrs. ohio questioned plausibility as an issue that I nearly fell off my chair in disbelief while laughing. I hesitate to say more so I will - were you blinded by the light? or the realism?

Very credible so far Author and very much appreciated for your time and talent.

I once made a comment to rpsuch about my intrepretation of his words. It caused him to respond that he didn't think at the time but he did now understand how his purpose could be misunderstood.

The point is that rpsuch is a superb writer (and a fair lawyer)ha?. I respect him and his work and miss his efforts here. I feel at times that we the readers micro examine words and scenes for contradictions to the plot path or our perception of what it should be. None of the writers or authors here are professional or paid. They don't have a professional staff behind the scenes but they do have some very helpful editors to draw on when they wish to.

Further, I suggest that readers don't pile on - read the prior comments and if you have a different slant or position state it. I think that occasionally, redundancy can offend the thickest skin especially an author who we know is as well intentioned as this one is. He doesn't contort or twist plot paths or characters to my recollection. Most comments are well intentioned and constructive - some defend the authors position and that too is good.

Smile Author - you are good and growing in an intriguing and emotional theme.

With very High Regard

The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 18 years ago
Great, but....

I can't figure out what her accident was all about. Why was the house a wreck? There was blood all over, yet they let her out of the hospital the next day? Why was her family so mad at him?

If the answers were there, they sure were hidden from these eyes.

MetzovMetzovalmost 18 years ago
Navigator

The accident happened at the end of the first chapter. After she read his note she collapsed and hit her head cutting it. That's where the blood came from. The mess in the house came from the EMT's and police tramping through the house. Her family was mad because they had gotten the impression he had caused her injury from the police.

andy1hardyandy1hardyalmost 18 years ago
Very Good

Enjoying your story/

Keep it up.

Andy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Good

Actually, I wish our hero would have broken off the asshole's arm and jammed it up his ass.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Lust and Consequence

A thought provoking story, there may be more than one marriage saved with this tale. I do hope it was fiction, for I have been through this pain once before and wish it on no one. As to the story itself...keep up the good work, I'm off to read part three!

hal_2142hal_2142almost 18 years ago
Bloody Mess

Good story so far.

As to some questions about the house and blood mess. I clean up other peoples mess for a living FF&Paramedic.

Senario, wife is shocked by results of her actions, stumbles falls hitting her head, causing 2-4" gash in head. (Anyone out there had a head or facial laceration?) Starts bleeding all over the place, she stumbles to get to a phone, causing a reall mess, dials 911, then collapses from both mental and physical shock as well as a concusion. FD/EMS and PD arrive have to pass through mess to treat still profusly bleeding victim. Deliver her to hospital, stiches, IV for blood loss and x-rays& cat scan, 24 hours of observation then released.

Hope this fills in the gaps

Hal

don87654don87654almost 18 years ago
Great reading!

This is but one example of our sick society's rules and how they affected an otherwise normal set of human beings. The whole scenario is very pathetic!

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
great story

I feel so for Terry i feel the same as steve I guess she will join a swinger club after the divorce is finished!

Great story i enjoyed reading it.

Pat.

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
To be continued?

Why bother?

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
So far

The characters are acting like real people. The wife is a misguided slut who does not deserve sympathy. But somehow I feel a wimp husband coming on. If he takes her back in the next chapter this story will have gone from a 100 to a 0.

tturtle50tturtle50almost 15 years ago
The story of my ex!!!!

This is so true of my 8+ years of Love.. damn... I do not care how you spelled anything... Where did you think this up.. Mine was real.. I am not a person to hold back.. Do not bend with the flow.. "T"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
A Master of Word and emotions !!

Most enjoyable reading !

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
Total garbage! I rated it 1*.

The entire chapter is impossible as if though everyone including the wife.does just as he says. The truth is, the moment he threatened her, she would call the police and he would go to jail where he belongs.

Steve is not fit to be married! Just one excuse after another to justify his crude behavior. And the nonsense that he could defeat another much bigger and stronger is the fantasy of a stupid writer.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
STILL SLIDING

and picking up speed for a solo run. TK U MLJ LV NV

kansasjackkansasjackover 12 years ago
DWornock shows his ignorance again

Great writing for part two. Can't wait to finish reading this story with chapter 3.

Once again DWornock shows his ignorance by suggesting the police can arrest a person for threatening a person. Don't you get it dude. The police can't do anything until a crime has been committed and threatening someone isn't a crime. As for a smaller person overcoming a larger person shows you have no clue about real life. Size doesn't always matter.

count2threecount2threeabout 12 years ago
You should change the first few paragraphs of this chapter!

Because it sounds as if he is just playing hard to get, which would make him a complete cum-slut. I nearly stopped reading there. Surprisingly thats not how it played out, so you should change that.

rvwsrvwsabout 12 years ago
It's About time...

Somebody gave those swinger bastards a kick in the crotch. Great, great story.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2,,,,WHEN ONE IS WRONGED AND THE OTHER WRONG

both should take and give whatever is necessary and move on, TK U MLJ LV NV

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
Loser

Cant call steve a wimp because he leaves the whore BUT he leaves the house and assets to her, that makes him a loser.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 10 years ago
Sad Tale

A sad tale of two people who love one another deeply. Shame the wife did not realise till it was to late to save her marriage !

As for the assets I think the husband justs wants to move on quickly.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

Very engaging tale. Five stars.

lrogerblrogerbabout 10 years ago
He's the fool

Why should she get every thing and he have to pay alimony. She should get half and get nothing else, what's the fucking wrong with our country and the injustice system.

Kerry312Kerry312over 9 years ago
????

To keep your other from fucking some one else should you have to ask them not to

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WHEN SOMEONE THINKS THEY WANT SOMETHING SO BADLY

and get it, then want a do-over sans consequences. TK U MLJ LV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Second time through ...

she gets what she deserves. Five stars.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
Wow

That was a perfect chapter. Our hero did what he had to do, clobbered the jerkoff lover, set his own terms for the split and can leave with his head held high knowing nothing was his fault. This tale could end right here but I'll see what the final chapter brings.

Excellent

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Another great chapter

Congrats. Another great chapter. Five out of five. I loved the reversed point of view. His thoughts and reactions were hauntingly honest and powerfully emotional. Even the friends and family seemed to be acting like real people. Now for some constructive criticism. The plot device of assumptions, mistaken communications and lack of communications has to be used sparingly or it weakens the story. If a plot can be massively changed just by two characters sitting down and taking a few minutes to talk honestly about what each other is thinking, then the plot needs to be reworked. In Ch. 1 you came dangerously close to this with her assuming all sorts of things. It was much less in Ch.2. I look forward to Ch. 3. And BTW the BTB crowd will love this chapter. Cheers Steve

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Thoughts

I don’t understand – he told her father that when Terry woke up they would see what she wanted to do. She’s awake, and obviously wants to talk to him, so why is he avoiding her?

As he said, HE shouldn’t have to stop it, it’s HER job to stop herself from fucking other guys, whether she THINKS her husband is okay with it or not!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
ANOTHER story about an overbearing asshole of a husband!

"I'm always right, and I know karate, and I'm smarter than every lawyer, and I win! I win! Oh, God, I'm such an asshole..."

I guess it makes sense that the husband characters in these stories always fit the 'self-centered, overbearing, total asshole" character profile. That's why their marriages always fail - who would want to be married to a prick like that?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Pleeease !

The wife turns into a full fledged whore and wants him to forgive her ? WTF is the matter with these women? Why trick some poor working stiff into marriage ? It's obvious that her twat is up for grabs for any dick that wants it. He did the right thing. Other than become her pimp and sell her sorry as to the highest bidder. I'm sure she'd be in hog heaven if he did. All that's left for her to do is to find herself a Black pimp and her Dream life would come true. What a sorry slut she turned out to be.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still love it. Still five stars. This is how a real man reacts.

elrayo41elrayo41over 7 years ago
A TALE OF REVENGE AND RECRIMINATION

This is a well written story but it was not a pleasure for me to read. Loving wives stories are normally a pleasant fantasy for me if all the players are willing participants and everyone is happier in then than they were in the beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
"This is how a real man acts"

You have got to be kidding.

I quote "To err is human; to forgive, divine."

To be incapable of forgiveness smacks of a "holier than thou" attitude. Everyone makes mistakes, including those who are resorting to name-calling Terry in the plethora of comments below. I DO hope that your friends and family are more willing to forgive you when you make a mistake, because it will happen. Or perhaps they will adopt your attitude and call you vile names. That would be poetic justice, no?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
To The Previous Commenter

DrBeamer didn't call names, he just said (That's how a real man acts.) You lumped everyone together. I don't think that she should have vile names spewed at her. I do think that she did a vile and selfish thing that stripped away any trust he had. There is a difference between the relationship between a wife and your family. As far as friends go, if you can't trust them then they aren't your friends. The trust bar has to be set much higher for your spouse, you are trying to throw all three types of relationships into the same stew pot which isn't realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow!!! He's a Real Man!!

5* for him standing up as Man of Virtue and Toughness. However, I would have told everyone what Terry did and that she is a conniving, lying slut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
anon 9-18-16 ''real man...''

Terry did not just make a mistake. She consciously set out to betray her husband. She spent hours planning and relishing her insidious actions. Terry did not look on what she was doing as a mistake-rather as something she was going to do-actually had already done in her spying and playing with that couple

Your defense of her actions bespeak a wife who has also cheated on her husband and seeks to rationalize and condone such behavior.

I hope one day you come home and find your husband happily plowing your lifelong bff while your nude sister eagerly awaits her turn. Surely when they claim 'it was just a mistake'' you will smile and say ''Oh well, we all make mistakes and you are forgiven''

Bo47Bo47over 7 years ago
why bother to get married in the 1st place if you're going to cheat?

Trust an issue? Forgiveness an issue? 'Real men' an issue?

Not really. The issue is she cheated, broke her marriage vows. Broke the Contract they made on That day like a smashed egg thrown to the floor.

Want a 'swinging marriage' just leave out several phrases from The Contrct, like forsaking all others and change become one to become a group. See how that flies with the officiating minister.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Ya Think?

"Part of me felt stupid for not standing up and saying no, allowing my wife to be taken from me. "

What a pussy. Let's his woman fuck another guy because he is too stupid to figure out that any average handsome guy could make her pussy cry a bit if the opportunity were there. That's the truth of it. So he walks away like a die-hard sissy while the predator gives her his hot meat.

Can't these sissies see that everything would be much easier to handle if he had just broken up the festivities before things went too far? But he walks out and lets the guy fuck 'er.

What a M.O.R.O.N.

This is along the lines of Back To Bullshit Bristol.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
What amazing comments to that story!!

What an idiotic thinking that a man is responsible for the acting of his wife. Whats the effect if he has stopped her?? He never discovers if the wife has gone through with her cheating and he never knows if she will cheat down th road!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
But of course he is!

Of course the man is responsible for what the woman does, after all; women are by their very nature incapable of being responsible for anything they do. This is why it is the husband who is at fault for not stopping a wife from cheating, they simply do not have any honor or integrity or sense of right from wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Man I hope this doesn't end up in reconciliation

She has proven over and over to be disrespectful, manipulative, conniving, devious, and selfish. This all started because she didn't respect what her spouse wanted and deliberately did things that she knew he would disapprove. Trying to bargain away her husband so she can bang the neighbor. Trying to blame him for not stopping her. What a bitch.

I'm glad Steve made all of the points during the lawyer's meeting. Just more proof of her manipulative selfish behavior.

Terry says she loves him more than anything. Well that certainly isn't very much. Certainly not near as much as what a spouse is supposed to love the other person.

If this is an RAAC story I am going to be angry.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Thoughts

"You know I would have stayed home if you asked." - I'm confused; how could he ask if she was already gone? Or did I miss plans to go over that he got home late for?

"allowing my wife to be taken from me." - If YOU have to stop HER, you've already lost.

"How am I supposed to feel about what you did, plotting with those two assholes the whole time?" - That's right, it wasn't like it was some spontaneous thing, that "just happened."

"You weren't exactly in misery on the couch with Jackie." - I don't recall him doing anything special with Jackie.

"she gave me the signal that you said it was OK." - Wouldn't it have made more sense for HIM to give the signal if he thought it was ok?

He didn't SPEND their money, he used it to pay of THEIR bills.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent Work

I really liked the way Steve dealt with Terry at the sit-down with her lawyer. You write good speechs for your characters that makes their stand very clear to the future ex. DFWBeast does that, too. If only we could all be like your characters, able to think and speak so clearly when we are so traumatized.

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessover 6 years ago
Small complaint

You have to remember you're teaching this story to an audience, not just getting out what's in your head. By the time this chapter switched back to the present in the hospital, I had to skip back to page 1 to remember what was going on before finishing it. Sort of a compliment to your as an author that the story was engrossing. Even so, think about a movie, there would never be a movie that had a five minute present-tense premise and then spent 80 out of 90 minutes telling a story from the past and then jarringly sprang back to the hospital for the final five minutes. There should have been incremental time jumps threaded throughout the story for this not to be jarring. Something to remind us that the majority of the story is retrospective.

That's my only complaint, enjoying the story very much so far.

EzrollinEzrollinalmost 6 years ago

Invite any constructive criticism and ignore the petty negativity. Your story isn't perfect, I haven't read one yet that I thought was, but it's a four plus minimum so far.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 5 years ago
I don't want Terry to come home from the hospital and find out everyone thinks she's the village whore.

if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

he could've stopped it, he's a willing cuck and his passive behaviour and self rightous pedantic personality make the main character even more unlikeable.

5* for effort.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
This is a real man.

He is big enough to care about her, even if he has been betrayed. It's a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Almost there

Pretty close to real life but think he would have burned her more than this slap on the wrist

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Better but. How can you love someone who totally shows her lack of respect for you

You repeatedly warned her but she was very happy with you But

Still wanted more

She got it and after finding out it wasn't all she thought it would be She wanted Mulligan

No problem she can try again with next man

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Excellent story

I've seen this happen, except it started as an emotional seduction. The husband reacted just as he did. Very good.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Great story

You can feel his pain, but chose to cheat and now wants a do over.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
So Far...

So far, so good... He is not following the CUCK handbook!!! Hooray!!!

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 4 years ago

It's a great story so far apart from two things:

1) that he'd still love her after she lied to him relentlessly, then fucked a guy he hates.

2) that he'd bend over backwards to protect her reputation.

Steve loved Terry until she betrayed him and tore his heart out. He doesn't owe the conniving slut a thing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A few points

She was cheating long before Ted fucked her.

I hate when authors write saintly characters that refuse to tell others that their spouse cheated, to protect the cheater. It's idiotic. No one has ever done that. Ever. It's like the character has a martyr complex, or else it gives the impression that the writer feels holier than thou.

And never ever learn a martial art. Your wife will definitely cheat if you do. Every cheated husband on Lit is a fucking martial artist Chuck Norris type. How about having a regular guy that throws a regular punch for a change.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Sad story

All you Good men out there don't be a chuckold!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Can you really trust good friends..........

No matter what this guy did...he couldn't get his wife to get her head out of her ass... all the hard work to open her eyes was wasted...the only problem I have with this story is the ending...you see every thing from his point of view...not hers...and she half this story...so this story went from being a good story to a weak ending...........

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Hope

Hope that is the end of her and in the next chapter, he doesn't take the slut back.

TreymonTreymonabout 3 years ago

So; ok, wheres the part where he becomes the happy cuckold after all?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Oh, Steve, I’m so SORRY that I fuck Ted! I really didn’t mean to did it! I thought you would be ok with it since you didn’t say no! Steve, you can’t hold me responsible for me being a slut!

Run Steve, your wife us a slut!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

silly...

RandallQRandallQover 2 years ago

Very well done story

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

This second part is simply OUTSTANDING!!! Best statement of conditions I have yet read in any similar BTB.

bobareenobobareenoover 2 years ago

I thought, when I saw that we were to read the husband's side of the tale, that I would lose interest. Far from it! The author really is very good! I was fascinated by the differences between their perceptions. The rest, and the meeting at the lawyer's office, A+. 5 stars, and favorited.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 2 years ago

What is it with men who run away and stop talking to their spouse or won't even answer a phone call? Cowards. Not even worth the Y-chromosome they were given!

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
Who

Who takes six hours to move a few boxes.?People move and set up house again in that time

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just worked it out, Legio_Patria_Nostra is a moron and that’s really unfair to morons.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous