All Comments on 'Fool's Envy Ch. 03'

by S-Des

Sort by:
  • 258 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sad and Avoidable

She had feelings of emptiness that she chose to ignore due to being so "caught up" in the sexual emotions and excitement of the moment. He thought that something was "off", but didn't act on his suspicions. Instead, riding the wave of all of the "new" sexual energy and enthusiasm that Terry was showing him.

This just seemed to be a case of two people that had got to a point of "comfort" in their relationship and just assumed too much about each other. She seemed to think that he would go along with most anything to make her happy, contrary to any objections or concerns that he had raised along the way as this had unfolded. He obviously thought that she would never do what she did as she did, and even though he could have stopped the "act"; he just turned and walked away. That's the part of this that I never got, he saw her being handled roughly; possibly being forced, why didn't he step in and put a stop to it. To me, that's not the actions of someone who possibly "loves and cares" for someone to let something like that go unchallenged.

In the end, what transpired was probably the best outcome for for both parties in the "train wreck" of the marriage. If they had continued, she would have no longer have had much of a life, always under scrutiny-having to answer for everyplace she was and everything she did. And he, though obviously she fell under the spell and control of a couple of skilled seducers; could not stop "reliving" the event, and thus; there was just no way that he could move beyond what happened. To him, it was too much of a betrayal to overcome.

You hope that he, in his new relationship, eventually is able to let the past go; and learns to trust and love and live again. And that Terry finds a way out of the mess that she caused herself. She seemed to overall be a good person that got caught up in the emotions of a situation, became infatuated by it, and just got totally swept away by it. Unfortunately realizing much to late the cost of her actions.

Probably a situation that happens way too often, act first without even thinking of the consequences. Just a sad situation for all that were involved.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 8 years ago
Laughable

Steve has a spine of tapioca pudding. He is the kind of guy who invites people to walk over him and apologizes when they stub their toes kicking his balls.

sanser6sanser6over 8 years ago
Steve does not understand.

Vanilla sex is not enough for his (ex) wife.

She needs a much stronger man to controle her. She is highly sexual, looking at porn or using a dildo will never be enough for her.

She needs a Master. Hopefully she will find him.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Thoughts

First Karen is a “beautiful brunette”, then her hair is “long, black, curly”!

“Her voice betrayed a hint of bitterness.” – She has no right to be bitter; while she could certainly HOPE for forgiveness, she had no particular RIGHT to it.

He doesn’t really have a right to be so upset either – HE insisted on the divorce, refused any chance at reconciliation, he can’t expect her to live a solitary life!

“When they were through, I was so embarrassed I ran from the house and came home." – If I remember correctly, that’s ALSO the time they tried to get her to come closer, and THAT’S why she ran, and I notice she’s still not confessing that part!

He’s right he shouldn’t have had to stop her, she a) never should have put herself in that position, and b) should have stopped things before going any further (note that I am NOT saying “before going too far”, because she had ALREADY gone too far!).

As I said in Ch 1, no good ever comes from hanging out with people your spouse doesn’t care for, and I DON’T men just wives. If a wife doesn’t care for one of her husband’s friends he needs to give her feelings more weight.

“but you and I are both miserable without each other” – Actually, he’s NOT miserable, just troubled.

The bottom line was that he was going to hurt one of them, but Karen was an innocent party. She even pushed him to talk to Terry, KNOWING that she could lose him, because she wanted what was best for him, even if it hurt her. LOL, I’ve been writing this as I read, and I just saw that he said just about exactly the same thing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Perfect

Congrats. Perfect. Five out of five. Sexy, emotional, well written, honest, sad. What more should any story have? Normally I'm a RAAC guy but I liked your ending. Cheers Steve

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
Excellent

He made the right choice. All trust was gone with the whore. He needed someone he could love and trust.

Great Tale

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Second time through...

this really could have gone either way and still been perfect. You captured the emotional turmoil in this last chapter, for both Terry and Steve. Masterful. Five stars.

gara5289gara5289over 9 years ago

Normally i don't feel bad for the cheating spouse at all but for some reason I feel a bit for Terry. I honestly could not say why so i'll chalk it up to good writing on your part.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 9 years ago
What a Gutless Wonder

The only person with balls and self respect in this story is Karen.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
ITS SEEMS A CRIME TO PLAY REVILLE

at sundown hoping people will take notice.ZZZZZZZZ TK U MLJ LV NV

ken philipsken philipsover 9 years ago
Steve was a self-centred pathetic fool to throw Terry away over one clear mistake....

Everyone needs to read Fool's Reward after this to get the rest. Steve put the test out there. He did not have to. He called have said NO. And then he just pissed off. What a pathetic piece of shit. I don't blame Karen for moving on, but what he did to Terry was cold, callous & unforgivable - even with the final decision. Terry deserved better - and gets it I am pleased to say! ken

Bd4554Bd4554over 9 years ago
Thought-provoking story

Very well written, and I know it's fiction, but do men like this actually exist in real life? Yeah, he really loved Terry, but would a real man like him ever surrender his soul to a woman to such an extent that her actions could overwhelm him both physically and emotionally to the degree depicted here? I have my doubts, but perhaps that's just because this situation is so far beyond my personal experience. I also have a hard time imagining that a woman like Karen would invest so much of her life in a man who is fundamentally so weak. Nevertheless, this is a wonderful piece of writing and well worth reading.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Just scored your piece,

but I wasn't really planning on commenting on it. I was going to give it a 2 because of your practice of having your male leads be such whiny pussies. People are not all emos, you have to understand that. Sometimes men and women do what they have to do and hurt doing it without falling to pieces and being unable to function. Anyway, when I pushed the 2 the site changed it to a 4, which I never would have given this. Writing is good, development of your male characters is way too one dimensional. Sorry, just the way it is. Also, what is all of this crap about the guy being unwilling to say that the sluts cheat on them and take the heat for the split while the women just lie to everyone they know about why the divorce is going to happen. More emo crap in you characterizations. No one owes a cheating spouse that kind of loyalty. Martyrdom is really not all that in vogue anymore. Just a thought in case you actually read this and try your hand at writing again. Like I said, your ability to tell a story is top notch, your story just need to be a little less formulaic.

Musician huh? I bet you play the bass or the banjo, right?

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Good Story!

Enjoyable story. I think the husband was just a normal guy who loved his wife. It is difficult to get over that kind of love. I'm glad he didn't take the wife back. She would have become curious again and who knows what would happen. This was not a one time thing. She saw it coming from the beginning and the excitement was too much for her to overcome. She had to know that if she asked her husband, he would have said hell no, so she didn't bother to ask. She went to the BBQ to cheat with the other guy.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Just 3 *...

He should have burnt the house of the couple that destroyed his marriage, with them inside...That's for sure...

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 10 years ago
Wish I could change my rating

I came back and read this a second time.

Steve was a ? Instead of finding out what happened, he ran. Then he comes back long after to ask? In the meantime acts all self assured and in control? Now match that to his job persona.

This is the flaw I see. His character is portrayed with two fairly distinct baseline personalities.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3about 10 years ago
Ugh

Steve has to one of literature's real male eunuchs. It as a very good story and enjoyable but by the end I was hoping that Karen would dump him for being a whiny asshole. She deserved better than him.

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Very poignant cheating wife tale.

It was a very sad thought provoking tale that was extremely emotional and moving. The principal issue at the end was the remorse felt by Terry. Philosophically, you can lose yourself in the debate over forgiveness and reconciliation for this once happily married couple. Having been there myself a few times you reminisce on the fate of your own decisiveness. What if I talked it over? The author gave us a superbly written account of a couple on the crosshairs of a potential divorce and then divorce in reality. Divorce is a no win proposition for both parties at least emotionally. If the love was real the fall from love is totally eviscerating. This author captured the elements carefully and thoughtfully with the human frailities totally exposed. Thank you for a great story!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

A truly sad tale. Five stars.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
Nice story

but I feel it has a serious logic flaw. Terry was going to cheat with Ted ONLY if Steve gave his OK. Terry went as far as she did ONLY because she felt Steve had given his OK. When Steve watched to see how far she would go and did not intervene, he was not aware that Terry believed she had his tacit approval.

I think Terry was hard done by, Ted and Jackie got off too easy.

Just my opinion. I still enjoyed reading the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
This story should be sci-fi.

The husband is secretly a veteran of an elite special force trained in the deadly art of kung-fu and divorce law, and has a secret admirer waiting for him to divorce his wife.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 11 years ago
Good read but sad

Started out one way but wrote Steve as a major wimp at the end. Based on the plot line, he and Karen have a limited life span for their relationship. Not what I had envisioned in Chap 1 but became fairly obvious by mid Chap 2.

Like your writing style.

Thx.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Montcalm walk away

This is supposed to be fun reading"fiction" for enjoyment. Given the number of negative comments you have made about S-Des' work its time to walk away and go find a BTB writer. I don't read many BTB because I think it takes a real man to face up to issues not just take an eye for an eye. But if you like it go find it and stop reading RAAC stuff. 'Nough said!!

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
good but still a wimp

he is still a weak character- talks to her forgives her fuckers her eats her shit with a spoon- a weakly written character no pride or self respect, that whole you like making the men wimpy victims thing again? the character Karen only well written character in series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow!

All the comments. I realize this is an old story from several years ago...but you fired up the emotions of most readers in this one! It was really well written and most of the commenters are right in their own reaction to the story. That is what makes it such a good tale. I think I like best the comment that if Karen had not been there then the protagonist could have or might have given Terry another chance...after all...they both still loved each other and each made their mistakes because of that "Taken for granted" love.

Old Marine Vet

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
bitch

trust is all u have it or u dont

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
This is in response to Anonymous @ 10-24-12 :

Yeah, one could look at it that way, I suppose; empathy can be a difficult concept for some alphas to grasp, although I suspect that the most successful at least recognize that stumbling blind through the world in which the rest of us live has its risks. In truth, Steve heard the rattle of the dice in the cup, but he was unfamiliar with the game when he set his money down on the table. He hadn't a clear idea of either the game or the stakes when he sat down.

Reread the story, if you must. He as much as acknowledges that he had a hand in the death of what they had together. Not out of weakness, but out of foolishness. (His was akin to opening Pandora's box.) As to his subsequent devastation, even mature, dominant alphas have found themselves forced to their knees by despair, not uncommonly due to similar foolishness; it's Shakespeare's favorite subject, after all. Only sociopaths are immune.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
After reading all 3 chapters, my view has changed

After all this it looks to me that Steve is a pussy! He didn't have the balls to stop her when it was happening right in front of him and then was to fem to talk to his wife after. Look, if she was a bitch who didn't have hot sex with him and didn't love him, then I could see him leaving so quickly, but that wasn't the case. He knew that Ted and his wife were manipulative and Terry got sucked in. If he was a real man he would have stopped it at that party and talked to his wife about it. But he took the wimp pussy way and was oh my feelings are hurt. His wife was hot and in this case, if he had stepped up at stopped it when it was happening, then they might have been able to work it out, but his real character should up Pussy fem wimp. Karen should just bring his fem side out and get him to start dressing like the woman he is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Phd70

You can't be that dumb! What about "forsaking others"? She knew he didn't like them but she had to hang out with them. Why does he have to remind her that he would not tolerate cheating? Do you have to remind your significant other every week not to cheat? I don't because I know she loves me and also what the result would be if she did.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 LEAVING ONE WITH A LIE

going to another with a lie...Hoping for the betterment, TK U MLJ LV NV

roscovichroscovichover 11 years ago
This is a classic !

The superb ability of this author to convey feelings and emotions borders on genius. Its entertaining value is beyond question. One of the best there is. Thank you S-des.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 12 years ago
wow the last anon statement was from a moron

is the "the Waterboy" your father. She cheats on him and it's his fault. Also he didn't jump in to bed with Karen till after the divorce. While Terry was cheating, you don't seem to find fault with the cheating whore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
What ruined this story is Steve

Jumping into bed with Karen so fast. That is a disaster and because he refused to accept reaponsibility for his inaction, I hope Karen leaves him for a real man as well.

phd70phd70almost 12 years ago
Another Communication Disaster!

Wife failed to communicate her needs and thoughts to husband, perhaps because she sensed that he would find them unacceptable. She also ignored husband's warnings about her obsessive friendship with Jackie. Husband needed to be more clear about what behavior on her part was totally unacceptable to him. He was childlike in assuming that she was aware of his feelings about 'swinging'. He assumed that everyone else looked at life exactly as he did. That is not the way the world works, which is why I termed him childlike.

Well written tale, but a sad ending for his first wife, who did deserve punishment, but was given no chance for reconciliation, because simplistic husband gave her no opportunity to discuss the problem and work on a reconciliation. Gave it a '4'.

ts0l1983ts0l1983almost 12 years ago
The bomb

I really, really liked this story. My one wish is that we could read Terry's perspective when she realized that Steve never had sex with Jackie. Learning that must have been as shattering as the moment she realized that Steve left her. In fact, I think it would have been worse- she was still in her fantasy bubble even then, thinking that Steve had also fucked another, so why is he so upset? Learning the truth meant that she was alone in her betrayal and stood exposed for what she is.

MolagBalMolagBalabout 12 years ago
Heartbreaking end

She ruined her marriage, yes, and it was mostly her fault. But she's so in love with Steve and her future looks so bleak - I really just wished you would have ended it with her committing suicide. Ending her misery would take the sting out of it, but endless longing and misery? Fuck fuck fuck fuck.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Not Nearly as Good as the First Two

I really liked the first 2 chapters, this one seemed to hurry to conclusion. Karen takes over his life awfully quick. If he felt that much for his ex, why not at least try some sort of counseling; if for no other reason than to get some closure.

count2threecount2threeover 12 years ago
Read it again. That is a really, really good story!

The only weak spot is that it isn't explained how she went from wanting to watch them to actually fuck Ted.

Then of course is the general problem, that many of the stories here have: that its inplausible that a woman who really loved her husband and is happy in a relationship, like I think Terry was, would betray him like that. Men? Yes, because men are genetically programmed to fuck as many women as possible, but women don't have that need, they only stray when they already have mentally left the relationship.

BTTapBTTapover 12 years ago
Read it again (3rd time?)

And I also read all the comments. I think I get the husband (and wife, too) more now. So, I've re-thought my evaluation that I couldn't understand the hubby and wife. He is a black-and-white person to an extreme. He loved and trusted his wife absolutely-that was why he was willing to bet that she wouldn't betray him. He wanted to be confirmed in his belief in front of the bitch-neighbor, maybe see his wife rebuff the advances of the asshole-neighbor. Maybe he saw it as a way of getting her to cut things off with them. That was also why he couldn't forgive and reconcile with the wife-despite it being a one-time thing, despite her being tricked into it, despite her being obviously remorseful and in love with him. Even if he could be convinced that she could be trusted again (and that is doubtful-given that he would NEVER cheat-because wrong is wrong), he could never get over the betrayal. I guess I get that. That was also why he suffered so much in his choice. But, that is why he will commit himself to his new gal, and the love for and memories of his ex will fade with time and the pain will be put into a little corner in the back of his mind.

As a guy who likes reconciliation tales when they are justified, my first reaction was that this was a justifiable reconciliation. But, I've even rethought that. Besides the deception and actual cheating-the wife's biggest problem was that she took hubby for granted. I think she loved him very much. But, she took him for granted in not sharing her inner thoughts and feelings with him, in not trusting him, in not making sure of his feelings about pretty fucking important stuff, and in disregarding his preferences about her friends (well, ONE friend who really rubbed him the wrong way). Doesn't sound like hubby was controlling-in fact, he was the opposite. So, one request that she not devote herself to one new friend exclusively and insensively-a friend who rubs him the wrong way, with a husband who rubs him the wrong way even more-is something the wife should listen to and honer. Her refusing to do that-to instead argue and justify and make excuses; sounds like she was in many ways an adolescent. Maybe this little adventure will cause her to grow up. This reminded me of certain Renquist stories-messy and sad, but you can see that the cheating wife, though she did something very bad, is not a bad person and will probably learn from her mistake. I have hope for the character.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 12 years ago
this was a very nice story

I find it very believable, a man that keeps it in his pants and expects the same from his wife.....hummm...what a concept.

BTTapBTTapover 12 years ago
Well written, but not believable

I like your writing. I liked the idea of the story. I just can't buy the behaviors of the protagonist and his wife. They are both so inconsistent in their behaviors and their beliefs/feelings. I could not buy that the same person was doing the things/feeling/thinking the way that he/she was at different times during the story.

I thought the wife was more consistently presented than the husband, though.

Finally, the story strongly implies that the neighbors had been involved with other couples in the close-knit neighborhood, in such a way that other couples had divorced/moved away. The main couple had friends in the neighborhood. Neighbors and friends talk. Word would have gotten to the husband (and wife for that matter), and the husband (who had misgivings about the neighbors anyway) would have been able to find out the gossip pretty easily had he wanted to. I have a hard time believing that the wife would have been so at ease with her husband having sex with her friends, so little attention given to it. The husband would have confronted his wife about her friend's attempted seduction of him, not waiting to test his wife. He had all the ammo he needed to confront his wife and end the uncomfortable "friendship" as soon as that happened. Just couldn't buy the characters and their actions.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
mystykone, you right

there are around 6% of men that want to be cuckolded. it's about 15% that want to be swingers. and 46% percent are cheaters or have cheated. Close to the same for women, except about 32% percent of woman have let their husbands think the child he has father their children. 3.5 of evey 10 DNA test prove the husband isn't their childs father. What does that say about women. More so what does it say about all these piss poor men that knock them up.

MystykOneMystykOneover 12 years ago
thank you

i have been reading to many stories about stupid men that take their cheating wives back, and im sorry i have a real hard time identifying with them. i understand the thoughts and emotions behind them but my own and the peoples around mes experiences have me that it is a truly unrealistic hope and situation. once a woman has cheated its done. you cant come back from it. us men bumble thru life happy as pigs in shit trusting in our wives to be true. once the trust is gone however its all over but the crying. i have seen a lot of cuckold stories on here but i am convinced there are a lot less men who like eating the slimy stinky loads of strangers out of their cheating wives distended stretches slutholes than the stories would suggest. i think a lot of the stories are written by women in disguise and pumped up and happily commented on by a lot of other women because they feel it makes their slut lifestyles ok. well it aint ok. its disgusting....reading the stories actually makes me sick to my stomach. now a lot of men may fantasize about this. BUT reality is FAAAAAR different from fantasy. hell i can get off on a story about my wife fucking a dog.....but do i really want that to happen?? not fuckin likely!! LOL

so i gtotta tell ya....your stories are way better than the average....keep it up!

jiminabjiminabover 12 years ago
DWornock

If you want to see a mentally disturbed person just go to the nearest mirror and look. I cannot believe what an asshole you are. Shit I thought Harry was bad but from time to time he is at least intelligent. You??? Sorry for the rant SDes but this immature prick just pisses me off.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
NO APOLOGY, JUST AN EXPLANATION

even if it is one neither wishes to hear. TK U MLJ LV NV

sojomansojomanalmost 13 years ago
Good story but lacks credibility

The author seems tormented trying to please those that would shoot him down if Steve took Terry back and those that would so the same if her dropped a remorseful wife. It started showing in chapter 2 and amplified in chapter 3.

Many things stand out and take away from the credibility of a good story.

Steve is depicted as a tormented man unable to overcome Terry's action. Yet, in chapter 3, he suddenly becomes a Hapkido expert just to beat the shit out of Ted (good for him by the way). Anyone that practices martial arts would tell you that Steve's behaviour is not likely. He was not facing his responsibilities, not stopping his wife when he should, he just ran away, as in writing a letter and disappearing, and kept running away, as in not staying at the hospital, no mental discipline, not discussing the matter with Terry when it happened, etc. It takes a great deal of mental strength to practice martial arts and you learn to face your challenges not run away from them.

The scene at the restaurant and the ensuing sex scene between Steve and Karen are so far fetched. I would love to hear from anyone who had the feelings Steve supposedly had for Terry, to the point of falling to the ground and hyperventilating, and that was able to perform sexually so wonderfully just a couple of hours after. Not a consistent psychological behaviour.

The end also makes one feel very sorry for Karen. She just bought herself a well primed time bomb. I wonder how long this marriage would last.

The depiction of Steve choosing Karen, who was by the way waiting for him in his apartment, seemed mostly due to his inability to face her and tell her that he is still in love with Terri. How could he love Karen, I mean truly love her, in 48 hours? The author also escapes having to explain things by having Steve saying "Terry, I have to tell you something ...". It would have been really nice to read what Steve had to say.

In a funny way, despite the last paragraphs where the author deemed necessary to show a devastated Terry (just keep the other lot happy), in my humble opinion, Terry would have a much better future than Karen, it can only get better for her whereas for Karen it can only get worse. Maybe one day, as he still loves her, Steve would pay Terry a visit for old times' sake ;)

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
Gave it a 4 star and dwornock is the only warped comment here

great series.....nice touch

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
I rated it 1*.

I could only read part. It is the writing of a mentally disturbed person.

count2threecount2threealmost 13 years ago
Great Story!

The ending was not a happy one, but there are just things in this world that you can't take back or make right no matter how sorry you are.

HAD I the heavens' embroidered cloths,

Enwrought with the golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths

Of night and light and half-light,

I would spread the cloths under your feet

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;

I have spread my dreams beneath your feet;

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams

W.B. Yeats

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
aitch'em says:

Good to excellent story, good plot and description of the actors, carefull development of events.

Towards the end I feared that you would loose it and be trapped in the usual psychobabble and hormone/menopause crap but you came out with honours: 5 star stuff!

faithful101faithful101almost 13 years ago
Steve's mistake

This story is well-conceived and well-written, and I enjoyed it. The problem I had with it, which it actually shares with a lot wife-did-him-wrong stories on Literotica, is that much of the grief and most of the final outcome arose from Steve's failure even to listen to his wife's side of the story. I think that even when one spouse treats another very badly, if that person really does want to communicate with the other, the other should at least listen. Even a very badly behaved spouse deserves an opportunity to be heard by the wronged spouse, in even the most extreme cases I can think of. If Steve had granted Terry an opportunity to explain herself earlier, the dilemma involving Karen probably would never have arisen, and both Terry and Steve would have experienced much less grief over a much shorter period of time. So even though Steve was very clearly the wronged spouse in this story, I think it is mostly Steve that caused the long term persistence of the grief that both Terry and he experienced. Karen inevitably also experienced some of this grief, and she had no role whatever in causing it.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 13 years ago
Well done -

And for a change I see some thoughtful comments -

I agree that this story is one that is bound top end badly for everyone at this pace.

Terry was wrong but really did no wrong - except trust the wrong people and not communicate well enough with the right one. She believed she had a go ahead signal that said they were all in agreement. She had let herself be intrigued by illicit stimulation, no great big deal there - she constantly wanted ONLY to share it and enjoy it with her man - a right thing.

Now no one is where they really want to be, no one has moved on at all and everyone is stuck with the nightmare. Karen is an exceptional woman and deserves better than a thoughtless reactionary, Steve had the opportunity to make his opinion clear more than once before it got out of hand - as soon as he witnessed his wife going to far with him watching he should have known to speak up and make clear his feelings instead he stood there until HE felt entitled to walk away and destroy the remainder of his marriage. Karen is in trouble with him, he is just in trouble and Terry is simply lost to everyone.

Great story well written - thanks a lot.

roscovichroscovichabout 13 years ago
S-des, I cannot perceive how you are not a highly aclaimed professional Author.

With such a deep perception of human interactions and superb command of a language.

One of the best story, ever ! Thank you !

RePhilRePhilabout 13 years ago
WOW great story!!

I feel bad for the life you left for Terry. Yes huge mistakes were made but there was never any hatred within her and for that I believe she deserved a happy ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Just superb ! The best reading,ever !

I've never enjoyed reading a story so much.

Without hesitation 5 !! ( this is rare with me, I gave 5 only 3 times in the past 2 years) !

SpiritogreSpiritogreover 13 years ago
I Agree with SELSTIM

The story was well written but:

Sorry, bot Steve was an extreme wimp! His wife got hooked and he noticed but just didn't stop her. Granted, he tried a few times to talk but clearly not enough so that it never got through to her. And Terry was so wrapped up in finally exploring her sexuality (Steve enjoyed their new games, too) since both of them were so conservative before and she wanted to bring more fun into their life, sadly she listened to the wrong person and it got out of hand.

And after it happened then Steve stayed to whole weekend avoiding any talk, and then leaves her for months doing nothing waiting for her to do a move (divorce). And then he uses Karen to support him while he cries all the time for a whole year. And then when he sees his ex wife with another guy after he himself had deserted her without ever really talking to her a long time, he breaks down and sleeps with his new girlfriend (poor Karen, the substitute). Sorry but I rarely saw such a wimp! A really loving man talks to his wife and cares for her. He just did care for his conservative views of life and relationships.

Terry didn't secretly had an affair, she wanted it together with her husband. Granted both had a lack of communication here so both were at fault. But while one got lucky (even though with issues) the other was punished. And for that I didn't like the outcome of this story.

Nah, this story only has losers in it. Especially Karen is fucked because she loves a guy who doesn't really love her back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

It was a good story but don't know about the ending. Yes Terry cheated despite her husband warning her about Ted and Jackie. She put herself in a stupid position that snowballed out of control and fractured the trust between her and Steve. But poor Karen is going to be a rebound wife. He obviously is still in love with his wife even though she hurt him. Don't know how much hope I would put on that marriage either.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thanks !

I can honestly say that not many stories on here make me think with my emotions. The characters are well thought out, and with the thoughts of both main characters explained in good detail. It was a good read. Thank you for sharing it !!!!

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 14 years ago
Very gripping story

This hit me as a very powerful story. There was a lot of emotional pain that really never got resolved. Although Terri was handled appropriately I still felt sorry for her. That takes some good story telling. There were some comments as to whether Steve should have stopped Terri. However, I think he answered that himself. Should he follow her around trying to prevent her from cheating? That is NOT a husband's responsibility. She was not drunk or drugged or forced. She made a knowing and willing choice to have sex with Ted. Steve had given her LOTS of warning about Jackie and Ted and about what might have been happening, pleading with her to distance herself from them. If Terri wanted to she could have discussed things openly with Steve but she chose not to. Instead she was having little get togethers on the side and plotting to turn her husband over to Jackie while she screws Ted. Steve explained this well. How would she like it if he made plans to turn her over to someone else without her knowledge? Not much respect there, huh? Steve could not have stopped this because the betrayal and disrespect was already a fait accompli. The sex was just an end result and stopping it would have changed nothing. She wanted it, plotted it, betrayed her husband and the marriage to get it, and turned over his body to pay the price. I'm surprised Jackie didn't give her 30 pieces of silver. As to forgiveness; maybe that is possible for a single thoughtless act. This was a long thought out and carefully planned action. Even after getting home, Terri is planning to do it all over again as soon as she can work it out with Steve. She only becomes doubtful after the first couple days of uncertainty and then only because it has become too much of a headache, not because she was wrong. Only when he has left her does she start to recognize her "mistake". Ha, no mistake. She did and got EXACTLY what she wanted and planned. How is that a "mistake"? Most criminal are remorseful about getting caught and having to pay a price for their crimes. Terri is no different. Maybe even worse because most criminals KNOW they are doing something wrong but do it anyway. Terri took no thought of the real pain and damage she would inflict. As I said, she deserved what she got. But by taking the time to explain the pain she was going through the reader understands the price she is made to pay. She did the damage and she is having to accept a good portion of the payment. There are some things that a person does that cannot be taken back. Painful justice. Steve is recovering slowly. I think he represents a realistic picture of a husband blindsided by a wife who goes crazy. I like it that he is not pining away for his wife but feelings still remain. I think one of the hardest things to deal with is that loss of trust in someone who you trust so strongly impacts your ability to trust ANYONE else. That's a reality of human emotion makeup.

bigguy323bigguy323about 14 years ago
Long drawn out and pitiful.

What a sad sack. The bitch cheated and expected to continue cheating. He had the proper FIRST response, then descended into a pitiful and pathetic character without any manly virtues.

The proper ending would have been suicide for the cheating bitch, castration for Ted and sexual slavery for his scheming bitch wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Great job.

Truly a sad story with well developed characters.

peteinchicagopeteinchicagoabout 14 years ago
What an excellent story!

Gotta love a happy ending! Terry got what she deserved, Steve still has some problems but is getting someone both more loving and loyal, while Karen's dreams are coming true as she gets someone she deserves. well written and a great read!

jiminabjiminababout 14 years ago
Wonderful story but a sad

sad ending. There are no winners here. Thank you for the story. Jim

shdwwrtrshdwwrtrover 14 years ago
Awesome Ending

I just have to say ... that is one of the best endings ever on Literotica. Very poignant and sad. The full weight of the consequences of her actions have finally hit home and there is no fixing what she had broken. Even though I agree with Steve's agonizing choice, I find myself feeling sorry for Terry. Good job.

ArubanArubanover 14 years ago
Another Long-overdue Comment...

...on another oldie but goodie that I read a long time ago and holds up even better now that I appreciate what goes into a story like this. Yes, the husband seemed a little blase when finding Terry with Steve and I can't imagine sitting around downstairs just waiting for her to finish. However, I suspect you wanted to set up the twist at the end of Chapter 2 and have a third act. So you stretched a little, giving the best reasons that you could. I'm happy that you did, and I'm sorry that many could not see past those bits to the all the other great stuff in this story. Interesting that times seem to have changed; today, I think this story would draw many comments that Terry is hot and that you should have written some further sexual adventures for her, the more fantastic the better! Yet the comments from years past seem uniformly to condemn Terry and find nothing erotic in her sex scenes. Indeed, it's as if you could have omitted those scenes all together. You could have written "then she watched them and touched herself" or "then they had sex," left it at that, and (it seems) reactions would have been exactly the same. Today, contending with those who debate divorce-versus-reconciliation and demand realism, consequences, etc., there is a large contingent that doesn't care and just wants more fantasy! I'm not knocking that, just struck by it; I'm wondering where it came from, since I don't see it reflected in the comments here or in the comments on "After the Fact," which also had a woman with wanton ("animal") ("dark") streak. Anyway, thanks for this story, it was another influence on mine. I've always remembered Terry's last scene, and imagining how someone who had done what she'd done might improve herself and recover was a theme I explored. Austin.erotica's Jennifer from "The Seducer" seemd pretty close to Terry, and that was one reason I picked up his story and continued it. One stretch in your story that I never quite bought was Karen; though many, many other consequence stories throw the poor husband a hot new wife right away. That was something else I tried to work with in my story. So now that times have changed, when are we going to hear about all the depraved stuff Terry got into with other men (and women!) after she stopped talking to herself in the kitchen? And how about an alternative ending to "After the Fact" where Jenny goes back to New Orleans and does the whole town, or invites Megan over for a party with hubby and some female strippers? (Just kidding...no seriously...stories like that would kill today! Look at how many requests Austin and I got!)

bigguy323bigguy323over 14 years ago
He dumped her like he shoud have dont....

And all the hand wringing after was just a waste of ink. Okay, he missed her, but he gave her PLENTY of warnings and plenty of rope. SHE chose to tie the rope into a hangman's noose and put it on her neck. HE had PLENTY of time to see where this was going and to prepare himself. By the time the bitch tried to sandbag him at the dick lawyer's office the writing was clearly on the wall.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
great story

I can't believe all the negative comments about the husband. Why would he take back the wife? This wasn't just a one time incedent, 3 times by my count. Additionally he had told her over a period of months that he didn't think her friendship with the neighbors was a good idea. After the voyerism incedent he asked on multiple occasions what was wrong but she avoided a response while continueing to manipulate him into this swinger lifestyle she thought she wanted. How could he stop her, her actions demonstrated that she would do whatever she wanted to do no matter what he wanted. I thought Karen was the best character in the story and am glad he made the decision to go with her though the author had me worried for a minute there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
whoops... meant to put this here, not after ch01

This story was one of the few I’ve read here at Lit that had a semblance of reality, characters with emotions, and where actions have consequences. In that regard I thought the story line was quite good, but I found myself wishing I cared more about the characters than I did. It seemed that there were details about the characters that were missing which would have made me care about them more, although I can’t name any of those missing details at this moment.

<P>

I am not contradicting S-Des regarding the ending, and maybe it’s because that I’ve only been the dumpee and not the dumper in ten or so relationships, but... it’s always been my impression that women deal with the end of a relationship with a lot more ease than men do. I’ve always imagined they had a certain gene that let them grieve for a week or two, then move on. Although, now that I think about it, I don’t know too many men (except for me) who don’t move on fairly fast. AH! Maybe those are the details missing in Terry. I think if there had been more written about how her guilt gnawed at her after the first time watching, and then the next steps, I would have cared more about her. Ahhh... not sure what details were missing (for me) in her and Steve’s characters.

<P>

The one aspect in the storyline that was completely unclear to me (or somehow I missed it) was how it went from Terry being a voyeur/slight participant, to a plan to have Terry fuck Ted while Steve watched and then he would fucked Jackie. That seemed to be a quite a leap for Terry, and then later in the story the explanation of that seemed weak at best. Even after the explanation it didn’t sound “true” to me. Did Terry want to start swapping? She wanted Steve to watch and have him be open to more exciting things, like what? It had to be swapping, right? She had played with a dildo for him/with him, and he was open to that so they were expanding the sexual side of their relationship... so she had to really want to screw Ted, right? Yet that really wasnb’t clear in the story. The most important lynch pin of the story seemed implausible to me, that Terry wouldn’t talk to him about it beforehand-- “Steve? Have you ever fantasized about us swapping?” Why not a simple question like that? How could she NOT know her husband’s reaction? She didn’t seem THAT crazed and under the spell of Jackie and Ted.

Overall, I’m glad I read this story, and I really appreciate the author’s work on it. It was a good read, and I plan to read more by S-Des.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great story

Really, it was good! Felt bad for Terry tho. everyone is human and capable of mistakes. That's not saying that she get to skip the consequences of her actions. Hope she recovers.

BallsOfSteelBallsOfSteelalmost 15 years ago
phew!

Thank goodness you didn't try to get Steve and Terry back together. That was a bad marriage anyway. They didn't talk about the important stuff, and Terry never listened to her own freaking husband when he tried to warn her of the dangerous neighbors. Hope Terry recovers, poor stupid thing. Stupidity is no excuse for that kind of betrayal. And calling it an addiction didn't help her case. She needs to move out of the house and start her life over. Steve better treat Karen right cuz she deserves more than a fixer-upper for a husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Excellent balance in this story

I was impressed with the way you handled the interactions in this story. No one was perfect but the Karen character came close. Emotions were clearly drawn and the conclusion left this reader on edge 'til the very end. I love your work and this may be your very best one so far !

Carolina Jorge

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
choices and consequences

she took actions, made plans and it did not work out well for her

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 15 years ago
Good Story until...

the last chapter. You did a nice job of showing Terry's and Steve's character and their relationship. You showed how Jackie was a very manipulative and calculating bitch by getting Terry to think she was a good friend then subtly getting her to take small steps over several months towards Jackie's perverted goal. Then she lied to Terry making her think that Steve said it was OK to have sex with Ted. Jackie even gets Steve in a position where he believes that Terry wants this, so he won't interfere. Steve later knows about Jackie's manipulations and how over time gradually got Terry interested in perversion but doesn't let Terry know until after they have already split up. Karen comes in to comfort Steve but has an ulterior motive even going as far as to convince Steve that Terry is a conniving bitch. Even though Steve loves Terry more than anything he has no empathy for her even knowing Jackie set everything up including him. So, Steve marries Karen just ten months after the divorce on a rebound that even Michael Jordan couldn't see coming, based on a look. Recap: Ted gets to roughly sexually abuse Terry like a slut and only suffers a sore arm, Jackie didn't get to fuck Steve but being able to manipulate others is more of a reward for people like her. Karen seizes an opportunity caused by the misery of others and marries Steve. Boy, that marriage is based on true love. The only victim here is Terry. She gets used by Jackie, roughly fucked like a whore by Ted, abandoned by her loving husband and taken advantage of by an office shark named Karen. Other than the injustice of it all it was well written. As long as it's fiction I would have liked to have seen Terry stand up for herself after she found out she was manipulated and kick Jackie's ass, putting her in the hospital and giving her an Ass Hat for the rest of her life. Then castrate Ted causing the both of them to move because of the humiliation. Then she pulls Karen's dyed hair out by the roots as she drop kicks her to the curb for trying to steal her husband when they are having marital problems. Then tells Steve to grow up and get off the sauce since he must never have really loved her, at least by adult standards, that he can marry the office shark because that's all he deserves. Then she writes a book called False Friends, Immature Husbands and Sharks which is on the best seller list for 10 months. Now That's Entertainment

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
marriage contracts

Any marriage bond that's so pathetically weak it can't hold up to what is basically a one-time infidelity isn't worth the rice thrown at the ceremony.You folks call that love? "Cheat on me,even once and we're done" Sure and we're all superhuman too.Steve was a pussy because his friggin so-called manhood was too scarred to forgive someone he supposedly loved.No wonder so many marriages end in divorce if everyone is putting such pressure on the relationship.Get a grip folks. On the day you die all this shit fades into obscurity-Pistolpackinliberalpete

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great story - ex-slut wife deserves to suffer ....

as stated the ex-slut wife deserves much more in the way of revenge & punishment but the semi-wimp husband is such a wimp that he is incapable of dealing out any substantive consequences. Complete idiot as required by this author. We hope the ex-wife gets gang-banged and is subjected to various STD's. A bullet between the eyes [of the slut wife] is the only justifiable ending to this sad tale. Damm good thing they did not have kids to allow further contamination of the gene pool.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
FINE STORY

a wonderful story, but the only character I really cheered for was Karen. Terry was weak willed naive wife conned by next door neighbors and Steve could have stopped the fiasco early and did not and then spent the next year whining and crying for his lost love. Iif it weren' for Karen, he probably would have just vegetated in his apartment feeling sorry for himself.

the Ct. Yankee

DSLAYERDSLAYERover 15 years ago
This was a great story!

Liked it very much. I read one comment that said the husband was wimpy. I could not disagree more. He was trusting and had faith in his wife sadly, she was to much of a slut to live up to that. There is such a double standard with women. They do what they want to and if the husband tries to stop her he will be put down for trying to control her. If he trust her to do the right thing and she fails then he should have stoped her. Tell me when is a woman responsable for her own actions? He done the right thing both times. Divorcing her was right and not going back was right. He was in no way responseable for what she done. We all are responseable for our own actions. She thought so little of her husband that she did not care that she knew he would never agree to this. She knew in the back of her mind that he would never cheat. In most of the stories on here and in real life women want to do whatever they want then blame the man for the outcome when bad. However they ar the first to take the glory when it turns out good. Go figure!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
wrong focus

the core problem with stories like this is that the author completly skips over the real infidelity. Once the wife decides to share an intimate moment with another couple and hide it from her husband... (and watching two people fuck is about as intimate as it gets)... the marriage is over then and there... nothing else that followed really matters. The wife decided that she didn't respect her husband, had no problem going behind his back, he keep asking her to steer clear of the scum... she ignored him. No marriage there at all... so who cares. They should get a divorse and move on. The remaining torture she put him thru so that she could have her cake and eat it too, just lets everyone know that she's a scum-bag whore.

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
If only

I can't help but wonder if Karen hadn't come around Steve would have gone back to Terry. This chapter although well written had the same cliche attitudes as in other badly written stories. The husband apologizes for realizing his wife is a slut. The wife tells him how much she loves him. So much so that she cheated on him for weeks before she came up with a harebrained plan to fuck another man. Yeah nothing says I love you like fucking someone else. He finally makes the only decision, not the right or wrong decision but the only decision. And yet he still regrets it. My wife cheated on me 17 years ago. I still love her and I still hate her. In the end my self respect got in the way and I got divorced. I never apologized for her being a whore. That is real life.

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
If only

I can't help but wonder if Karen hadn't come around Steve would have gone back to Terry. This chapter although well written had the same cliche attitudes as in other badly written stories. The husband apologizes for realizing his wife is a slut. The wife tells him how much she loves him. So much so that she cheated on him for weeks before she came up with a harebrained plan to fuck another man. Yeah nothing says I love you like fucking someone else. He finally makes the only decision, not the right or wrong decision but the other decision. And yet he still regrets it. My wife cheated on me 17 years ago. I still love her and I still hate her. In the end my self respect got in the way and I got divorced. I never apologized for her being a whore. That is real life.

maninconnmaninconnover 15 years ago
Great Story

I really liked this story. It was believeable and kept me wanting to keep reading on and on. I liked that you left it with the pain that each of your characters felt as the dominant theme. I'm glad he found solace in a new relationship, and though I hope someday Terry finds comfort, I was glad to read of her empty regret at the end. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
The Husband is Not Blameless

It was a good story and I enjoyed it. I have a couple of problems with the actions of the husband. Although he didn't cause the breakup of his marriage, he certainly made it more tragic in a "wimpy" sort of way. First, he had every opportunity to put a halt to the "act of cheating" and he could have just taken his wife home. He must have been afraid that Ted would beat the crap out of him if he did that. So he tests his wife's fidelity and then he can't handle the "failure" of it. Ok, that is fair, he is upset and has every right to be. But he didn't have the guts after the fact to even confront her about it. He just runs away and hides. He probably was afraid that Terry might beat the crap out of him too. He finally did talk to her in the lawyer's office where he knew he would be safe I guess. At some point these wimp husbands have to open their damn mouths and speak up. This guy just would not communicate. Sometimes it seems that in these stories there is always a race to the "court house." Does it happen that way this often in real life? I know that many readers feel that making the cheating wife suffer is the most fun. In this story though, I don't think the husband had the courage to do anything else but turn and run.

It was a good story though and this author needs to keep writing because it is good and entertaining stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
On the

page that gives a short description of the episode it says "Tim walks the thin line between a good and bad decision" Who is Tim?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
dude,

you can't put such a bad ending on its depressing.

great story though, but i feel really sorry for Terry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
ahh

This one is possible, but it's a mistake to try to show everyones 'good sides'. If you're in a relation, especially one with kids and your partner breaks the trust then you will have a villain. It's the same as fantasying here and then go back to reality at home. In real life there will be one that breaks the trust and if it's a real relation then it will break down. And it will hurt... But lying and try to act as everything can be mended is worse.. The trust won't be there any more, and the love you had before will be gone.. There might be lust left and a lot of other strange needs..But what you had is gone... So stop the lying please... Cheers Yoron.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Great story

I usually avoid stories from this category because they don't show the real implications of marital infidelity but your stories do show real emotions and real consequences.

You are a very talented author and your work shows that you really think things through.

I hope you will continue to write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Excellent

New to your stories and this is extremely well done.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Every Betrayed Man's Fantasy Story . . .

...every betrayed man longs for this fantasy. Alas, it is only a fantasy. Still a good story. Completely formula. But that doesn't impinge on enjoying reading it. Like an old Gunsmoke or Bonanza or Rifleman, one knows very well how it is going to end, but it is always enjoyable to have things turn out alright. Well done, I wish I could write this well. Good different viewpoints and very descriptive. Well done.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 16 years ago
I finally read this wonderful story!

Don't know how I missed this previously. It was quite well written and very compelling, very believable. The emotions were intense and seemed real. I only have a couple of minor questions about the story. Firstly, I think Steve should have stopped Terry from fucking Ted rather than "testing" her, waiting to see if she really would do this. He could have told her that if she really loved him, she would not do this thing and if she did it anyway, their marriage was over. If she then proceeded to fuck Ted, well, what's gone is gone. Of course, Steve says in the story that he should not have needed to say this, i.e., "Don't do it," as it should have been obvious he wouldn't approve. But people caught up in a party scene with alcohol on board don't always behave rationally just as people in a mob (or a soccer stadium in Europe or South America) can go crazy and do violence that ordinarily they would not think of doing. Steve was clearly very intelligent and I'm surprised he would remain passive. Another thought . . . Steve is an expert at Hapkido, a Korean martial art that incorporates some of the best of the Japanese martial arts Aikido (Steven Seagal, Above the Law) and Karate. While I understand that he is human and can have feelings, it is obvious he can hold them in when he has to, such as the confrontation with Terry's lawyer. Why, then, does he become such a baby simply because he saw Terry when he was going to a restaurant with Karen? A third thought, most states have divorce laws that require a period of mandatory counseling before a divorce becomes final; I'm surprised none was required in this case. Judges often require this in cases like Steve's/Terry's situation. That's why a divorce does not become final for a period of some months, four in this story, longer in some jurisdictions. It's to permit the possibility of saving the marriage. Finally, since Steve was falling apart emotionally, I'm surprised he did not start seeing a shrink for help with depression, anger management, and coping with his problems. He was clearly intelligent enough for that; Karen smart as she was should have pushed him to therapy when she saw he was a wreck, not tried to counsel him herself. But these are minor concerns, easy to imagine with hindsight; many real people fail to do these things when placed in such circumstances, so why should I really expect Steve to do them? A terrific story from an author with a lot of talent.

katibkatibalmost 17 years ago
UNUSUALLY GOOD

Nicely constructed with plausible interactions among the characters. Section 3 of the last part seemed a bit weak compared with the rest. Written and edited with more care than most and overall, one of the best I've read in LW.

bornagainbornagainalmost 17 years ago
Terrys sadness

I honestly hope Terry finds help with a councelor and gets some help with her problems maybe she could goto the one steve is going to and they both can get through there own problems Terry and steve both made mistakes by going to Teds house maybe he couldnt trust her but they could still be friends .

Pat

the_scribblerthe_scribblerabout 17 years ago
Great Story

Excellent story. Most of these stories are based on raw sex and follow the assumption that both parties enjoy the extramarital fun. This story really hits home about the fall-out that can come from acting on this kind of fantasy. I have to admit that I do get excited at the idea of the wife-slut, even to the point of fantasizing about that scenario in my own life. The reality is that I know once that line was ever crossed I couldn't be in a relationship that involved infidelity. These fantasies ended up causing problems in my last marriage when I made them known, even though I let it be known that I never wanted to act on them. Hopefully I'll somehow move forward and stick to healthier fantasies that I can share with my new girlfriend, ones that I don't feel the need to hide. I have submitted some stories in the loving wives vein, but they were written years ago when I was consumed by them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
great

great

acs_1acs_1about 17 years ago
Excellent

Very nice story. Believable characters and plot. I also understand the difficult ending, but would have probably done the same thing in similar circumstances. I do however feel for both their losses.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Steve could be more of a man

Well, this probably is one of the few stories on this site that doesn´t make you feel like you are reading a porn movie.

I just feel Steve could be more of a man and don´t even consider going back to whatever the ex-wife name was. Still, great ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Excellent

Well written account of how lives can be destroyed by selfish indulgence with no real commitment. Those who think this is moralistic rubbish can only see the kind of gratification that a hand job brings. The bottom line is as one poster noted there were no real winners in this kind of situation; just trying to cope with the pain and fight through it.

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
So magnificent

I hope Terri finds peace in her life she deserves someone that can straighten her life out and find happiness and I hope Steve and Karen find happiness

S-Des I thought you did a superb job in writing and the feelings in Steve with Karen was incredible and the humour was felt in the writing also.

Pat Murray

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
excellent story about decisions and consequences

believable because everyone is a victim at the end, even Ted and Jackie, who were, indeed, much bigger victims to their own twisted need for more sex and more twisted sex, which escalates because as "exciting" and "fulfilling" as those sex activities were, each time it left them in a deeper hole from which to dig out of,,,

Terry ended up wiser but sadder, because now Steve has found someone more trustworthy and he had moved irrevocably forward with no more than an occasional backward glances, glances which are few and far in between. And much as Terry wished, sitting in her kitchen talking to a Steve of her own memories, the real man was now holding someone close and caressing her gently in the othe side of town, moving resolutely ahead to form a life partnership with her,,,

A good story about decisions and consequences. The thing about the story is, the author made Terry a truly regretful person, a seemingly reformable one who has suffered much from her mistakes, both witting and unwitting. But he also created another character, in Karen, who seemed to have the qualities that Steve wants so much more abudance.

In real life, characters like Steve and Terry would likely both move on to find happiness. Steven seemed to have done it. And Terry likely shortly after. But both would also look back, sometimes, fondly on their 6 years together and shed one or two bittersweet tears over them.

zed0zed0over 17 years ago
Great no wimp ending.

Enjoyed the hell out of all three parts, very suspenseful. Great no wimp ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Truly A Happy Ending

Enjoyed the hell out of all three parts, very suspenseful. Great no wimp ending.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous