All Comments on 'Fool's Envy Ch. 03'

by S-Des

Sort by:
  • 258 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Steve's actions often seem inexplicably self defeating. His self imposed demotion at work is one good example. Leaving the company altogether after the owner and his supervisor tried to manipulate him with respect to marriage would have been an act of courage, principle and self respect. Staying at the company but with a demotion to a position of lower rank and salary was simply a public announcement of his mental weakness. Failing to seriously injure Tim when he had the opportunity and the right to do so was equally mystifying. He should have broken his fucking wrist at a minimum. He should pray the mental health professional he intends to see is a miracle worker.

KiwihunterKiwihunter3 months ago

What a snivelling gutter snipe theC is. Running away like a coward. He set his wife up and stood her on a wobbly chair with a noose around her neck. Instead of saving his wife he turns his back on her. Gutless curry like him should have been put down at birth

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine3 months ago

Good story. Sad ending. Personally I’m in favor of RAAC if it can work for the estranged couple.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Steve was just plain cruel…and exceedingly stupid.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Excellent story about a silly woman bring led astray by uncaring immoral predators. Hopefully in her story she finds peace and love. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Ughhh! Very little payback, terrible suffering, little vlosure

campomancampoman5 months ago

Wow good story, though I thought they would get back together. I can fully appreciate why it didn't happen. Thanks

6King6King6 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It's really difficult to take this story seriously. Terry might be the slut wife, but Steve doesn't cover himself in glory with the way he deals with it. His all too soon rebound with Karen just makes him a cunt, for no other reason than he knows what he's risking and he isn't over Terry. The author is clearly just playing with his reader but in doing so he makes all the characters as bad as each other. And while you may want to forgive Karen for being too eager to make use of the opportunity presented, the light it shines on her character isn't a good one.

However the worst of it is that at the very end we're shown what a truly pathetic character Steve is, and sadly I suspect we're meant to feel for him.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This chapter did have its moments, but mostly it was just another installment of pathetic victim blaming.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The mcis written emotionally as a woman

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Reading all three chapters of this story felt like watching a foreign film with poor dubbing. I know that this is 17 years old, but even then I never knew anyone who thought or spoke like this. What culture exists where EVERYONE, even those who know him assume that he was the bad guy just because he’s the man?!? He just takes it, too. He never defended himself, barely even told anyone the truth. He’s worried about what people will think of her? They should think that she’s horrible. He should’ve told everyone everything! Make sure that people know how shitty the neighbors are, too!

Speaking of the neighbors, the muscle bound freak swung first, and committed assault. A perfect opportunity to cripple him for life, and the MC just scared him a little bit. Just absurd!

ZK

inka2222inka222211 months ago

5 stars, but it was a big stretch. The fact that he still loved the ex after she lied to him, chose others and herself over him, and disrespected him repeatedly, is nauseating. I can't possibly imagine how fucked up in the head or just plain stupid anyone must be when the choice between the ex and Karen is "close".

JusteenKJusteenK12 months ago

What an utter cunt is Steve. Whining , cheating little bitch of a man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

what HUGE VAGINA OF A "man"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Jeez, your MC is a whining bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sorry that Steve took it so hard. Terry did not deserve such a soft treatment.

4*

BJ

EvelZombieEvelZombieover 1 year ago

Steve is less of an unthinking jerk in this chapter, but still an idiot. Both Terry and Karen deserve far better than this guy. I hope you write a follow up story where Terry has not only completely gotten over her ex, but also realizes how much better off she is without him.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

This whole chapter should be called Steve turns into a cuckolded little Bitch. Karen is more a Man than he is and his incessant whining and complaining about his fucking marriage is fucking pathetic.

Men aren't fucking Women we don't fucking react the same way trying to write Male characters that are nothing more than cariacatures of Men really does no one any fucking favours.

I mean for fucks sake even his whole confrontation with the fucking guy who fucked his wife is pathetic he sprained the guys wrist wool dee fucking doo. Obviously Steve was to concerned for Ted's feelings....

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She showed no contrition until this chapter. Steve cut all communication. Terry filed for divorce and ambushed him as if she was thr aggrieved party. The accident was over dramatic. She had a concussion and got hurt. The in laws wouldn't want him there. So now no communication. She cannot apologize except via phone which he deletes (a dumb trope). He cannot apologize for dumping her without warning in two days getting ready for an "upcoming war" (his own words). Suddenly one night with Karen changes everything for Steve. Yeah one night of sex and the declaration that Karen has always been arrested to him and it is all love from there. Wtf? He has finally a heartfelt talk with Terry. He still loves her. Yes trust is shattered. He never let her confess will after the divorce and night with Karen. But with counseling and no Karen, they might have made it if they had talked. And let's not forget, he let it happen. I think despite her addiction, if he had gone to her upstairs, told her he did not want thr skank Jackie, while she was about to such Ted's dick, and leave now or lose me forever, she would have pulled back. Then get counseling. For all of these stories with the husband 'trusting' thr wife to 'do right',, always intervene. Apologize later if it was a misinterpretation. But obviously here he was forewarned. He could even suspect/ know that it was an ambush swap. Confront the wife. Beat up Ted if he gets physical and wait for first punch. Call the police. Do not let her do it. Force her later to confess the voyeurism stuff. Grt her into therapy. Then decide if the marriage is salvageable. Don't just let it happen. Another classic example is Law of the Heart. Don't be that guy. Act! Or you will forever regret it later. Again even without the deus ex machina of Karen and the magic night of sex, they probably could have worked it out. Instead on the sequel, Terry descends into m debasement and madness and ends up with creepy Michael. Ughh.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

good but to slow or "Talkie" cut it down to 2 parts, so much wasted talking

CindyTVCindyTVover 1 year ago

5* - Loved it. She was definitely wrong, however, he was equally to blame for not stopping her. This could have easily been a reconciliation story, however, I'm not sure how any man can ever get the sight of his wife deep throating another man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Steve is pathetic. Even after he realized this epiphany, "if he decided to take her back, the fact that she had done it in the first place fundamentally changed the way he felt about her", he still could not let go.

Karen deserved better. He deserved far less.

A tragedy from every angle.

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 2 years ago

Chapter not needed. Didn't like the ending. I think they reconcil here.

50% of marriages do end in divorce, but before most couples get to the 'D' word, second chances are given. That is real life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow. This was an odd chapter. Given what happened a reconciliation was never going to be possible, but somehow only because of the intervention of the White Knight Karen and her empathy, that rescues the MC. So in three chapter Steve goes from passive cuck to Me Action Hero to drama queen who has to be saved? Gah!

Mustang88LXMustang88LXabout 2 years ago

re: pummel187, LMFAO I was thinking the same. Steve is nothing but a drama queen.

pummel187pummel187about 2 years ago

But if the author reads these comments at all my question is:

Q = Does Steve have a penis or a vagina?

pummel187pummel187about 2 years ago

WOW! that ending caused a salty water like liquid to drip from my eyeballs!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

To Anonymous

"A depressingly familiar BTB tale with the routine testosterone fueled".

Shut your fucking mouth, bitch! Not a whore like you to talk about any kind of love.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

same old script with many pages of same old thoughts. But, you did get me to read it all, waiting for something good, fresh, to come from it. Can't really imagine kissing her lips after knowing someone else's cock was there

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why would you write a story about such a weak willed pussy?

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

Very good but sad story. Those damn best friends are not what they seem,

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

To "A depressingly familiar BTB tale" Since when is it the spouses responsibility to keep their partner from fucking up? Sounds more like the title of a babysitter, not a husband. As far as finding another partner,,, yet again you're making assumptions, such as a man finding a new woman. You do realize that trustworthy, loving, gainfully employed single men are always a hot commodity, that's just the way the world works. So, not bullshit,,, but you believe whatever you want, and say hi to the cats.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A depressingly familiar BTB tale with the routine testosterone fueled, self-righteous dickhead of a husband doing nothing to stop what he could see was coming then running away, refusing to talk to his wife, making sure she didn't have any money, being as nasty and hurtful as possible, wallowing in self justfication, using his secret martial arts skills to beat up her one time lover and forcing through a divorce while trying to convince himself that she is the love of his life.

Call me cynical if you must, but if that's the way you treat someone you love it's not the kind of love with which I've ever been familiar and that anyone in their right mind would ever want.

Of course, being a BTB story, he soon finds a beautiful woman desperate to be his wife, all the mutual friends from his former marriage think he's a good guy and poor divorced wifey sits at home, lonely and depressed, recounting her sins.

That may pass for reality in Literotica but it's pure male fantasy bullshit of the worst kind. Well written male fantasy bullshit - but bullshit nonetheless.

I have no doubt that the hordes of 'real men' will be eagerly pulling their todgers in delight - but anyome with a functioning braincell will find it depression that a writer of this ability decides to produce such unoriginal tosh.

LA

RandallQRandallQover 2 years ago

Outstanding. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

wonderful.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Nice extended BTB.... Actions have consequences....many of the worst are the unintended tertiary consequences. What I really like about just how accurately this story illustrates the consequences of the Biblical concept "Chose wisely...You will reap what you sow." It takes an exceptional author to provide a story with sufficient richness in characterization and framing to properly illustrate this key point,

I served as a prison guard in maximum security at one of the worst prisons in Texas ( the Beto Unit) In the 5 years I worked the close custody and ad seg wings. I pondered what made me different from these headline news inmates. I also worked the Regular and Truste populations upon occasion. After pondering this question for 5 solid years it came to me...The individuals in Ad Segregation single cells were there because they could not say no to themselves. They not only believed that whatever impulse came to them was the highest and best good....but they would immediately act out based on their emotions of the moment. They were utterly selfish....and this level of utter obsession with self is called sociopathic personality.

The stories on this page all illustrate this type of sociopathic personality. In this series and the others here...the wife is so self absorbed that she is borderline to fully sociopathic. Like the ad segregation inmates...that level of sociopathic behavior cannot really be cured with psychological counsel because the interior map remains unchanged without sufficient crisis to overcome the cognitive dissonance that locks them into their self destructive behavior. Like the Albert said to Bruce Wayne concerning the Joker in the Batman Movie: "Some people just want to watch the world burn,,," So we lock these monsters up in single cells to protect the public from their destructive actions.

Similarly, the wife in this story...is a classic sociopath.... She repents of getting caught...but she never repents of her core selfishness.... because her utter selfishness a core facet of her personality. While she hates reaping the whirlwind that her actions have engendered; she cannot change because one cannot change a true sociopathic personality...you can merely make it too painful to pursue the selfish hurtful actions by having boundaries of painful legal consequences. The husband rightly discerns the core problems of this sociopathic personality. To maintain this joke of a marriage, he would have to employ virtually unlimited resources to "trust and verify" his wife's daily actions. The upshot is she would cheat again and again...because her utter self absorption...that led to the original betrayal ....would repeatedly cause her to choose the gratification given similar trigger conditions in the future.

Nope, in this kind of situation its simple... Dump the bitch and begin a complete life reset, He is lucky to have an immediate choice...but regardless, nothing is worth being chief commandant of a prison camp.

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Sad, sad story! Messed up world we live in. Good Author. Excellent story. 25 BIG stars! lol

Texican1830Texican1830over 2 years ago

Steve needs to understand who he is, and get his stuff together. If your wife moved too close to the edge of a precipice, would you let her keep waking to see if she falls? If you do, don’t mourn her passing ad infinitum.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It is strange but I have seen women at my company who act just like Terry. They have been married for a number of years but they really enjoy being hit on by the company sweet talking pretty boys. My buddies during coffee breaks have a good laugh about these sluts! We feel sorry for their husbands who are blind to what happens! There have been a number of divorces from such interactions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

She deserves her unhappiness more than anything. Would not recommend the sequel, as it's simply a way for the author to give everybody a happy ending without consequences for actions.

The loving wife stories where a couple manipulates the wife always seem so farfetched in the way the wife behaves like a mentally unstable bitch that it makes me wonder if the authors really have no other way of writing these characters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Yeah... having sex with someone new just after a divorce makes everything rational, clear, and healed... what a preposterous delusional fantasy... so many of these stories buy into that dysfunctional idiocy... no wonder these whimps and bitches find themselves in perpetual turmoil.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Too sad to be a 5* but very well written. 4*s

TreymonTreymonabout 3 years ago

It's a lot tougher to leave than to stay glad he didn't put up with her backstabbing ways. He was kind of dumb having to struggle between a manipulative lying sex toy and a sincere love but he made it in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Infidelity is hard to recover from

I had a similar thing happen in my life and i think it only happened that one time. My wife never went into detail about it. I had to ask my self, knowing what i knew. Since i still loved her but felt totally betrayed and had no trust, would i want to wreck my 2 year old sons life by taking his mother away from him. So i bit the bullet and stayed in the relationship. She has since been the perfect wife. We all make mistakes, you may think I'm weak, but it takes a tougher mentality to stay than it does to run. I know its just a story, but this does happen every day somewhere in the world. Good people make errors and they suffer for them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Recovery

Why would they set a wedding date, hoping he would recover by then? It makes more sense to set a date after he recovers. Is there an expiration date on their love?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I REALLY don’t think she saw herself as a cheater- even after she screwed the jock.

Even with the ultimate act of betrayal she believed she had permission.

This story gave me the most angst of any debating myself as to how it would end.

I find I would have been satisfied with either outcome.

Bill

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago
I was worried towards the end

This guy Steve is making simple things complicated guys don't do that only wimps

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
BrentJW's comment is spot on.

Thanks for a great story with engaging characters. BrentJW's comment though is spot on. A husband that doesn't act to prevent his wife's infidelity is either guilty of cowardice or as an accomplice to the act. Would you stand silently by while a thief hot-wired your car. Of course not! You'd drag his ass out of the car and if he resisted, you would beat the crap out of him. Why doesn't the same logic apply in cases such as depicted in this story. I have wondered this about other stories, as well. If Steve had done what I recommend, the story would've been a lot shorter. LOL!

One last thing. I liked the part where he painfully restrained the fitness guy. It's so true. Many muscle guys are accustomed to frightening people with their shear mass. Muscles do not equal the ability to fight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmmm

Steve really is a tosser!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Hopefully

She's well on the way to suicide. Cheating cunt.

BrentJWBrentJWalmost 4 years ago
Query

Great story! I’ve always been conflicted though where the husband has fore knowledge of the wife’s travels into infidelity, or in this case direct witnessing of her about to fuck him, And doesn’t take forceful action to stop it. Makes me wonder if he has had it with her and needs the final act to end the marriage. Does that lack of action make him a wimp? If he loves her as much as this story indicated wouldn’t it be worth it to have one more conversation with her warning her of the consequences of her behavior?

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Satisfaction

Thank you for writing a story where the husband is a MAN, and keeps the correct choices!!! Steve was absolutely right to leave and divorce the cheating slut, Wife would NEVER have stayed faithful after sampling a BIGGER cock. She would always have regrets... Cut her loose!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Complex

I think it’s a sad tale. Infidelity is always wrong. Cheating on your partner is always wrong. Fantasy may not be as good as reality and the results will always be catastrophic.

We all know that nearly all women talk to each other about most things. They think it doesn’t matter. They assume that it’s OK to talk to a virtual stranger about the most intimate, private, personal things, then can’t understand when their husbands are upset.

In the middle of sex, when the husband can’t think straight, they’ll may ask “what is your most intimate fantasy ?” Stupidly, he will say anything, even the truth. The next day, her sisters, her best friend, the women in the office, the lady in the post office, female cousins, the librarian, the check-out girl, her hairdressers, will know all.

Next time he’s out shopping or calls in the local coffee shop, he will see women glancing at him, smiling or smirking, depending on how salacious the information is.

Most women complain that their husbands don’t “really” talk, that they never share ! Guess what, they’re right. Because most men don’t want their love life sniggered about or shared with every women within 50 miles. It’s pure acid & ruins more marriages than you would believe. BTW I’m a retired marriage guidance counselor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
4 Stars

I liked the Story OK ..

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Great story

Every bit as good second time. Sometimes you just can't fix it after you break it.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Really great story

It said it best, the cheating starts way before the physical acts.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
She cheated constantly before finally fucking

If you do something you would not do in front of spouse or tell them about it

You Are Cheating

Fucking is just ultimate cheat

No anguish now bitch you deliberately chose

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Feel for Terry.

IM usually not for reconciliation, but if he would have forgiven her , I think she would have been an truly loving wife. She just got led astray by her slut friend, and IM sure she would never let that happen again. By the way the story was written she truly loved Steve, and I think she realized her foolish folly. Steve sure is blind not able to see her remorse. Im right there with the btb crowd, when a wife purposely cheats and lies behind his back, but she did no such thing. Steve if he were a man, when he found out what the purpose of the party was, what DID HE DO? He may aswell have taken Terry into bedroom striped her and put the other guys cock in her cunt.; That's the actions of a man that loves his wife. Where are his balls? When he learned of the plan, he should has taken Terry home, read her the riot act, and ask her if she was willing to throw her marriage away for a fuck with Mr big cock, tell him know. She can go back and fuck him, but while she gone hell be packing, and he will be gone by the time she gets back. But if she choose to stay she will not have anything to do with the couple ever again. And if she sneaks over there , he finds out (he gone)

Raleighman53Raleighman53about 5 years ago
Great story.

Far too often people seem to forget that women are human too, they make mistakes. Many of the commenters seem to forget that and act as if the woman is the property of the man and not worthy of any compassion or forgiveness. I have yet to read the sequel but you captured the human element exquisitely! Thank you!

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 5 years ago
What I meant to say....

The wife was NOT an evil character. My bad.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 5 years ago
Bravo.

My favorite of this author. The wife was an evil character. She was foolish as in the title. No way back? So now they are both miserable without each other. Too bad Heartburn hotel stuff. *****

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsabout 5 years ago
I know the answer!

The best solution for the cheating bitch is....................poison! Preferably something slow acting and painful!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
One of the best! 5*****

This really is one of the best stories in the Loving Wives category. All too often, this is how it ends - with suffering on both sides and a mountain of regrets. You told it very well.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 5 years ago
i disliked this whining creepy little cuck so much

i ended up rooting for the cheater. may she enjoy her freedom from this pious little prick by getting fucked as often and with whom ever she likes. no wonder she cheated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

If “Steve” has this much of an emotional crisis because his wife cheated, sorta, once, and then he divorced her, I can’t imagine how he would react in a real emergency crisis situation. I don’t think I’d want him with me in a fighting hole in combat. He just doesn’t seem like a very emotionally stable person. I know divorce can be traumatic as hell but when he was the one who initiated it, he had to realize that he had to move on, and all the “boo-hooing’ wasn’t going to help. A decent story, but in my opinion, overly melodramatic.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good for him

Steve wins and will be better off with Karen after cutting the cheating wife out of his life. Terry now.has to live with her loss.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 5 years ago
It didn’t have to be like that

Jackie and Ted are master manipulators, and Terry is a bit naive. Steve even acknowledged this and believed that Terry had been duped. Yet, instead of confronting the situation immediately he ran away and cut off all contact with her. This allowed ill feelings to fester to the point that there was no hope for reconciliation. I kept rooting for Steve and Terry to work it out. They obviously love each other. Had it not been for Karen I wonder if Steve may not not have softened his stance and given Terry another chance? He was more miserable without her than with her. A hoplessly depressing story (all three chapters). I loved it and it is now in my favorites.

EzrollinEzrollinalmost 6 years ago

If you view this story with incredulity look around you. You may have not have reacted the same way as those depicted in this story but I can assure you that many do in real life. Not everyone makes decisions base on rational thinking, if they did we wouldn't have the high divorce rates we have. Decisions can be made on our hidden desires other than logic. The author shows an understanding of human emotions and was able to put them into words. This is one of the better and more insightful stories (all three chapters) that I've read on Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A well-written tale of a cheater and an idiot

The main thing that I find hard to believe about this story is that two seemingly intelligent and attractive women would want anything to do with someone as stupid, cowardly and self-righteous as Steve. He sees the direction in which his wife is heading, does nothing to stop her and then runs away, refuses to speak to her and spends his time whining about how she done him wrong. The only reason he finally stopped whining and let his wife go was because there was another woman conveniently available and eager to take on the wifely role.

The man is a grade A dick who will no doubt be a hero to some of the grade A dicks who scour Literotica in the hope of vicariously savouring the fictional rewards of grade A dickery. Well-written but depressingly unoriginal.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A Lie is a Lie

Wether it is a "white lie" or any other color, small or big, a lie is a lie. Even if it's done by omission, it is still a LIE.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good for him

Steve did exactly what he should have done. Leave the cheater and love the one who loves him unconditionally. The ending showed that Terry had buyers remorse; she bought into the idea that sex with someone else other than her husband was going to be something exciting and good. The remorse came from what it cost her. Her daily payment was to live without Steve and she would pay that for the rest of her life. She just had to have that shiny new bauble of another cock. Just like a kid that has to have something that catches their eye in the checkout line.

Karen took the chance that he may not come back to her but that proves her love. She'd rather him be happy even if it means it's without her. Excellent ending.

notredame43notredame43about 6 years ago
well written

But I agree with the others who call terry on her actions and her BS. She cheated period, no pushing to swing or cheat on her husband by him nothing. She did it all herself. HE figured ok if she does this it doesn't matter anyway, our marriage isn't of value to her so its over if she does. THIS all is decided by HER ACTIONS and motivations. Its not his job to tell her not to cheat, shes a supposedly adult and reasonably intelligent person, she has her own values and had to make a decision based on what they are. Blaming him is a red herring, she did it the damage is caysed by her and the results are hers and unfortunately his to suffer. You can lead a horse to water, you cant make em drink it. You get a woman to the altar, but you cannot force her to remain faithful. Those of you blaming him I seriously shake my head at the modern day pass the buck, its not my fault you didn't stop me. Hold yourself accountable is what adults are supposed to do, little kids need someone to tell them not to do something. at a certain age you're supposed to grow up.

Sheath1969Sheath1969over 6 years ago
Well written...

And with a nice amount of heat, but I came away with my strongest reaction being that Steve is an idiot!

But a 5 anyway...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@JbRobertsson

You tell them! I agree 100% with what you wrote.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
An Instructional story

I've no idea what you had in mind when you developed the models for the two main characters, so I'll have to impute some things. First: The character Steve. I think you created a character profile that would be valuable for young female readers: i.e., here's what to look for to discover an emotionally immature male who is egotistical, selfish and, worst of all, prideful. BUT . . . he's very clever at hiding these traits by having adopted a 'nice guy' persona. A secondary level of exploration would be one in which he was subconsciously undermining his marriage. The speech in the lawyer's office was perfect. The wife? Mindfully stupid? Blind? But then again, she is "young" and thus presumably naive and inexperienced, unaware that she was being played by two experts. Etc.,etc., etc.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 6 years ago
So many blame the husband for wife's folly...

So the wife got "tricked" into sex and it's the husband's fault? How strange. For months, Terry was out doing things with Jackie; having "adventures she could never tell Steve about." Dressing slutty "to drive the men crazy", dancing and flirting. Steve never knew about any of this, Terry was hiding it all from him.

So does everyone believe all women are so easily "tricked" into sex - or is it just Terry? After months of cheating - and Yes, everything Terry was doing behind Steve's back was cheating - does anyone really believe that, had Steve stopped the sex on that infamous night, that Terry would never had done that behind his back some other time?

Also, too many seem to be confused on the difference between Forgiving and Reconciliation. Apparently the misconception exists that if Steve forgives her, then he must reconcile. Wrong. Those are two separate, individual acts. Forgiving a person doesn't negate consequences. Steve CAN forgive her, yet still divorce her because the marriage contract is shattered and, just as importantly, he can no longer trust her.

This wasn't a one-time mistake; she behaved disgracefully for months, eagerly following a trashy slut even while knowing what she was doing was deceitful. If she thought it was innocent, why was she hiding it from her husband? Why could she never tell him about it? Don't forget that Steve made it quite clear numerous times, that he didn't like or trust Jackie and her husband. Terry was too far gone to listen.

It's a good story and one can't help but feel a little sorry for Terry, but this was her fault. Unless everyone is prepared to say that women are too simple-minded to be allowed out by themselves, then we must admit that Terry is responsible for making decisions that ultimately ended her marriage.

Well written and a good plot. Thanks for posting, S-Des.

SelqSelqover 6 years ago
Is Terry incapable of making adult decisions?

The way some of the commentators are responding, it is entirely Steve's fault for Terry cheating.

So, to all those blaming Steve, are you saying that Terry is incapable of making the right choices herself? That she needs a man to tell her right from wrong? That she needs a man to protect her from herself and her bad decisions? That she can't make the correct decisions without Steve there to tell her what to do?

That is very misogynistic, don't you think? You are telling us that the woman is not smart enough to make the right choices without the man to lead her. Interesting.

I thought those of us that believed in consequences were the misogynists, I mean that is what those of you against consequences for a woman are always telling us.

But it looks like the real misogynists are those of you blaming Steve for Terry's actions and choices, and taking away Terry's control of her own life. again, Interesting.

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago
Moron

Steve was the loser in this story. Sure his "young" wife was tricked into sex with her neighbour but he could have stopped it at any time. I think he was actually looking to find an excuse to dump his wife. Any "real" man would have stopped it and taken her out of there and decked Ted. He lost the best thing he had because he wanted to prove his wife was un trust worthy. Terry was well rid of this dweeb,

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Steve is the "Fool"

Steve threw away a loving wife who made a mistake, one that he could have helped her avoid. The real fool in this story is Steve and Terry will be happy in the future without this egotistical idiot!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Steve is a fraud

Steve was so much respected for how good of a man he was.... The love he had for her, said to be so deep was actually shallow. She made a mistake by being misled by a friend. He did not have enough character to make it right... this one of many like it in which they should have reconciled.......sort of a goofy plot. 1*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Thoughts

Okay, you obviously don't just "turn off" feelings that you've had for many years, and you're probably going to have SOME residual feelings for many years, maybe for the rest of your life.

But this idea of "closure," and that you might actually still want the person who not only cheated on you, but plotted to trick you into accepting it is ridiculous!

Yes, people reconcile, but they've already had plenty of time, the divorce is final for god's sake!

It's going to be worse for him if he DOES go back to Terry! Remember, he was already feeling a distance even before the actual cheating. If they get back together, he will always doubt her, and it will cripple the relationship. She might even get sick of the lack of trust and divorce HIM!

"Look, you don't owe me an explanation" - It's not that he "owes her an explanation," it's that it exposed feelings that he either didn't know that he had or was suppressing.

"Was he trying to trick her to give himself an opportunity to get even?" - "Get even?" They're divorced!

"dared me to listen so I could hear for myself." - Not that it matters at this point, but listening? That proves nothing, she could be faking orgasms!

"Terry, I have to tell you something . . . " - What did he have to tell her? That he wasn't coming back?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
UGH!!!!

You couldn't have made a bigger pussy whipped, sniveling, wimp, ass-wipe if you'd tried! The only time he shows any balls at all is the couple of paragraphs you give him when he takes on Ted! Even then it comes up short! Most of the "feelings" you give him and him make him look like a confused, frightened little girl! Even at the end he's never developed a spine!

Truly a pathetic effort!

266xxyz266xxyzabout 7 years ago
Great story!

Loved it! It was so human and touching. No matter how you feel, you can't unring a bell. The bell tolled. I hurt for Steve but know he made the right choice. Karen is the future. Thanks for the great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wife's Peepin', Hubby's Sleepin' n Weepin' And Neighbors Are Creepin'

Or something like that.

The author has great talent but tries to cover too many bases here.

As far as the actions of the husband are concerned this story suffers from the Back To Bristol Bullshit Syndrome. When the most a husband can do in the face of an infidelity event is to run away like a naughty puppy and hide under the bed then it can be said that things are not as cut and dried as it would appear. Even if his wife is a stupid little cheater.

The point is not to contort oneself for a reconciliation, but instead to look at as many angles as possible.

Of course this would seem to be a likely divorce situation. The wife has voyeur sex twice. The wife apparently schemes for swapping sex. And then the wife gets an undeniable hard fuck. That's a triple-header for sure, and a rebound seems highly unlikely.

Yet, in every single instance there are combinations of her naiveté, the husband's own pathological passivity, and an experienced team of sexual predators taking advantage (the neighbors).

Questions abound here. How can the parameters of a split up or divorce be weighed accurately when you have this sneaky super-bitch sex criminal neighbor wife and her machinations that never see the light of day until way after it is too late to matter? But the long con of these sexual predator neighbors was as bad a double hit of Royphenol.

It cannot be overstated that the protagonist husband had several opportunities to put the hammer down and absolutely stop everything before it got out of hand. He could have definitely stopped the blowjob and the fucking that his wife got, but he stupidly allowed himself to be conned just as easily as his own wife allowed herself to be conned.

Again, the author has great talent as a writer but why is it that at the exact epicenter of action the screen goes blank? The wife out of nowhere has supposedly decided to fuck the neighbor predator-husband! This comes out of nowhere. This is a clear blindside to the reader.

One can only assume that the cheating wife and her lust had reached the logical conclusion - adultery. Ok, fine. But how is it that this naïve husband actually feints in coils and the reader is left to accept his passivity as some type of heroic idealism? Is this the Illiad or the Odyssey?

And then he does the one thing that is the signature despicable act of all crybaby husbands. He runs. This guy is a runner. If he were a drunk, too, you could just say shoot the prick to put him out of our misery. But the running is bad enough. And he admits this later on.

Please forgive the departure from rigor, but this husband is really something of a pussy.

In the real world - that would be the world where men have two, not one, balls between their legs - no sane husband would consider a wife's judgement in these matters to be equal to his own. It is simply too stupid for words.

The reader is asked to accept that the husband was constantly wary of the neighbors and their designs but somehow he never had the simple two-ball solution: put his foot down hard and say no f#ckng more! You stupid bitch these neighbors are going to kill our marriage. That is all he had to do.

Remember, after the voyeurism but before the actual fucking the husband plainly states that his wife would positively listen if he were to say something definitive. He knew that all that was needed was for him to deliver an ultimatum. It's not exactly an unreasonable requirement when all is said and done in the game of Life. But he just couldn't get his T-level up to snuff to do it.

Instead, because he has one ball, he waffles and twiddles his thumbs and soon thereafter looks on with a rather conspicuous interest for detail as his wife goes from kissing to fingering to sucking to fucking.

No man on Planet Two Balls could say that this husband doesn't have a nearly equal share in the condition of his marriage. These husbands with their feelings and their goofball idealism and their foot stamping and pouts and arm-folding and running and whining!!

If it were up to men like this protagonist we wouldn't have ever crossed the Atlantic. We would all be east of Astrakahn living in yurts throwing yak chips on the fire.

All of the ranting aside, there is no reason that he couldn't have an acceptable marriage with his hotty workmate. One wonders why the author chose to make it such an obvious rebound marriage. Nine or ten months? Why not a couple of years?

Anyway, you would think he saw years of grisly bloody action in tropical jungle wars the way he is carrying on.

Methinks this new wife of his - the whip-smart sexy software engineer - might tire of his lack of ambition and his hormonal problems. He had better keep his dick hard and his game on or she will end up looking for greener pastures.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Very good writing

It is hard to stomach the sheer stupidity and whorishness of the wives in your stories but you are a terrific storyteller!

stangdavidstangdavidover 7 years ago
get in touch with reality.

First i think this is a great story, I'm sick of all the ones where the wife cheats and the guy should just accept it or cheat and get even. To me this is more real. You don't make the vows and then say, well they should only count when it benefits that person. Well i want to be a slut now you have to forgive me and move on because we should compromise. What compromise, she fucks around he should just accept and and move on. No, all that does is let her know, well i got away with it once lets do it again. Please don't think this is a hate at women, it's just this story and those who think Steve should have COMPROMISED. If it was reversed and the guy did it, fuck him too, he doesn't deserve a second chance to hurt that person again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
do not get why

So many find fault with Steve. To suggest marriage is compromise and he should work with wife to get over if not actualy embrace her wanton behavior not to mention her betrayal. His wife not only humilates him but has need to be treated in publically degrading manner.

Not sure when to some commenters minds marriage vows of fidelity were abandoned and replaced with 'I will fsithfully watch you act like a slut for anyone you want to have bed you.

Not once was there a discussion of spicing it up or becoming more daring before she went off and began screwing neighbors. If that is definition of marriage you are one that is in for unending succession of divorces

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Feel sorry for Karen

"He believed that loving your wife with all your heart was enough to make your life happy. Steve had followed this belief like a religious zealot, unshakable in his faith. It gave him strength and confidence in his marriage; in himself. "

How can anyone find happiness with a zealot? If Karen had a different opinion, Steve would consider her wrong, and wonder where he went wrong in marrying her.

What Steve fails to understand is that marriage is a compromise. His understanding of marriage isn't the only one, nor is it necessarily the right one for everyone.

dc6370dc6370over 7 years ago
Very well written

One is able to feel the raw emotions; anger, love, desperation, hurt, and pain. Great job!

Oldfart72Oldfart72over 7 years ago
Come on

Anyone who likes this ending will partners easily and will not try to make things work. Divorce is easy. Staying together and rebuilding is tough. Pussys would rather divorce It's easy. The primary character is doomed to breakup again

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
2 decent chapters...

... and then this damp squib.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
As everyone agrees, this is a great story.

The only question left open is does he really love Karen, or does he only feel that he owes her so much that he chose her so as to not hurt her? Of course, in real life, if he doesn't really love her, he'll eventually hurt her in any event.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through....

Still five stars. Still love it. Still a favorite. Love the ending. This is so well developed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

VOTE 1* FOR EVERY STORY RATED BY THAT FAT DUMB WHORE VASTIESMITH2 AKA BONNIETAYLOR2 AKA ANON!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
5

to offset the asshole of LIT's 1 vote!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
great story

he was typical cuck material, he let it happen and then surfed a wave of misery and self pity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
S-Des

Look up the word "Coward" or better yet look in your mirror ..... Cuck Boy!

OnethirdOnethirdabout 8 years ago
No to Steve

A well written story, but I had no sympathy for Steve, just his former wife. His lack of communication and tossing her away were cruel and I felt sorry for her, not him. Then he had to "resolve his feelings", and re-dump his former wife. He was just too self-absorbed. The turn around being with Karen at the end was very expected.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous