All Comments on 'Fool's Gold Ch. 05'

by capecodmercury

Sort by:
  • 261 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Well, let us face it....

SHE became a slut, destroyed a marriage, made him a cuckold, and this sorry excuse for an author can only see "kiss and make up." What a piece of crap.

PhotoproffPhotoproffalmost 12 years ago
Unwanted help

Gossip has killed too many marriages. Friends trying to feed your ego is another.

A great read. It took forever to get to the reality of reconciliation but the reading journey was enjoyable. From the mouth of babes reconciliation was possible. This story has now become a favorite.

I found myself thinking about my own life and marriage. That doesn't happen very often when having a good read. Thanks for sharing.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
cuck alert

this is stupid. he takes the cheating slut back? you have to be kidding me.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 11 years ago
cuck crap

CUCK CRAP! 1 star I wasted my time reading this BS.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Really great story

Poignant and well written. Second chances sometimes work out when hearts are in the right place.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Good writing

shitty plot. NEVER take back a lying cheating slut. You will always wonder if they are lying to you again.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
A DO OVER?

I really thought they ended with T ball. I personally have always just moved on, not that changing partners made it any better, but it was different. Guess it could work. Anyway it was a damn good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Okay, I get it

Normally I don't favor reconciliation. It works here. This story was very well written.

firas01firas01about 11 years ago
would you repeat that again please.....

I have the luxury of knowing that Annie will never cheat on me again...well... are you sure? are you really sure? are you really really sure??? are you really really really sure that she wouldnt find one excuse or the other to cheat since she is good at finding excuses for herself and you are good at believing them.

monkcalmmonkcalmabout 11 years ago
Fool

Only a fool believes a scorpion can love, no this was a weak reconciliation all tilted to make women fell good and all there sins forgiven amen. If he was my brother i drown him in the river to stupid to live.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Oh Well...

Not a bad story (well written, charachters fleshed out, etc...) but I still would have gotten even with her boyfriend. Guess I'm just a vengeful asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
able to learn

some people are able to learn. put your hand on something hot a few times

and most people learn it hurts. hurt the one you love and find out you hurt yourself

and it gave you pain. some people will learn and not do it again. you must

decide if a person can learn or not. forgive but remember because we all hurt

people in some way if we mean to or not.. just the way I think don`t hate me.

ThePathfinderThePathfinderover 10 years ago
Stupid

The guy was stupid to let her come back. What a pussy! I guess you have to be born with a backbone; this cuck/wimp sure didn't learn to have one. Now she's set a precedent for the next time she wants to spread her cottage-cheese thighs for another asshole boyfriend while the fool sits at home.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
I agree, some type of revenge should have been exacted on the man that ruined the marriage.

I think I scorched this author once for his total lack of revenge in one story. I did not anticipate him changing his way on this one so I will just let it go. All writers are different, a few good writers can write one story getting revenge and another story not so much. I think that the wife paid for her stupidity in this story but he is a fool to completely trust her. If she had a stupid affair for no reason she is subject to do it again. He just needs to be aware of the possibility and never completely trust her, good marriage or not. This man was written as a saint so he probably will never notice anything and will be blindsided again if it happens again. I hope that it does not and, yes, I know that is just a story. No man is this thoughtful and caring, regardless. This author is somewhat out of touch although he did write a good story in this one.

racoon1174racoon1174over 10 years ago
A dish best served cold!

what a lot of you BTB ers don't get is the many levels at which one can take their revenge. His cousin Laura was absolutely correct that this woman did far more mental anguish to our self then this guy ever could have except in the fantasy realm that is loving wives where every cheater gets sold to a Mexican whore house. If you would have taken her back at Disney I would agree that he was a complete pussy. now not only did she have to deal with five years of mental anguish the embarrassment of having to come clean with children that she was a slut and ruined her marriage. everyday she looks at him she's going to know that she doesn't deserve forgiveness that was given to her and B ridiculously thankful for it.

Richie4110Richie4110over 10 years ago
Another insightful and inspirational tale

This story as well as your other gems makes me "want to be a better man."

sdc92078sdc92078over 10 years ago
The unrealistic part

In real life the ex-wife ALWAYS lets the kids blame their dad for the divorce.

javmor79javmor79about 10 years ago
Excellent story!!

Great story!! I loved it. I love a happy ending, and this definitely was that. I liked the fact that she got some perspective on what went wrong. She explained what was going through her mind at the time of the divorce, but she didn't blame him. She didn't even blame Alan. She said, "It wasn't all his fault. He gave me the opportunity to cheat. I accepted it." This was a good reconciliation.

bobajotbobajotabout 10 years ago

Yet another story where some wimp is betrayed by a manipulative female. I'm not really into full BTB stories but there seems to be many on this site who accept that females can either do no wrong or should be forgiven for their behaviour.

Jack99Jack99about 10 years ago
Loved it

Love a good happy ending. While I know it's not usually possible or even a good idea in real life, I do appreciate that this is just a story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
something bothers me about this story

Bill mentioned that he felt Anne was still hiding something after her soul searched apology. Yet he decided to ignore that feeling. Why did he ignore what could well be very important? I also have a problem believing that she would never again pick up those dark feelings of jealousy and anger that lead to the original affair. That in my estimation would need professional help. Yet, Bill is going to ignore that as well. Hopefully he will at least get another 15 years out of her before she wonders again. Other than these issues it was a good story..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
No

I could tell how this was going to be after a few paragraphs.

Sad people being pathetic ,thats about it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Fantastic story, author!

You are truly one of the top authors on this site. I have no complaints about your writing nor style. I'll give my thoughts on Annie though.

"I have the luxury of knowing that Annie will never cheat on me again..."

NO, NO, NO. You do not have that luxury. There is a reason for the old saying, once a cheater always a cheater. Because it's true. Any man or woman who would take a cheating spouse back is only asking for more heartache, they obviously didn't get enough the first time.

Humans are much like animals. I used to tell my wife that women were like animals because as soon as the pain of childbirth went away, they changed their mind from I"LL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER BABY, to lets have another baby....!

But when it comes down to it, we are all alike, both men and women. As soon as the pain is gone, the heartache has lessened, we forget. We forget what caused it in the first place. That is why we can make the same mistake over and over again throughout our lives, expecting a different outcome. And why Joe was able to forgive Anne, even knowing in the back of his mind, should his IQ be over 50, that she'll probably cheat on him as soon as they are once again comfortable and the pain and heartache go away.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Excellent

I just re-read this; and that's saying something because I am a slow reader and it took some time. But, it was well worth it. I understood the characters, their motivations were clear and made sense, and the story had a good tempo. I can't remember the last time I gave a story a 5.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 9 years ago
A beautiful story

Sweet loving and well written and the storyline was well thought out.

I liked the happy ending, it made the story

Thanks for the read.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
I'm Torn

I AM a happy-ending sort of person, and I DO feel that this happy ending was well earned.

However, I share an earlier reader's concern about how his feeling that Anne was still hiding something was never resolved.

I'm also concerned, but hopeful a lesson has been learned, that Anne never sought counseling for their problems, but went straight to an affair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Clarification

How can the author state that "I have the luxury of knowing that Annie will never cheat on me again"?

I don't understand that statement. If anything it will be easier for her to cheat on him again. I'm don't believe that once a cheater always a cheater moto. More along the lines of "trust but verify". Having to constantly do that is taxing. Not much of a marriage.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 9 years ago
I re read it

Some general points:

You more or less stated that we all spin our stories. At very best people give us the version of the truth that they believe, but more commonly they clean it up a bit to suit the audience, or outright slant it to the point of denial..

If you want absolute certainty that your spouse isn't cheating, you are a fool, there is no such certainty this side of the grave. It's enough that if the likelihood is really really small.

As to cheating...how did that work for her? Not so good, was it. How was that freedom to fuck around...how was that? Hmmm? That wasn't so good either. In fact he enjoyed sleeping around far more than she did, and she knew it.. So why would she cheat again?

Anyway, well written, enjoyable & interesting story

Chilley

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 9 years ago
I beg to differ...

I can readily think of at least four instances where I told the complete unvarnished uncomplimentary truth about something that happened involving myself.

Two of them could have effected me legally and two could have cost me my job at the time (and I'm not talking about a job on the level of "flipping burgers")... and truthfully, I expected to get in trouble even though I was honest...

Objective honesty is not impossible. Not necessarily common, but, eh...

That being said... I can understand people's opinions causing an undesired slant in your own opinion or perception... but if you're already thinking your spouse is mostly successfully hiding an affair do you really have anything to lose by asking them about it. ..? Oh, I don't know, as compared to getting involved with someone else...

Interesting story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Fool's Gold!

This cuckold can't get enough sloppy seconds or cream pies. He's a fool for taking that cheating whore back. Goes to show that that slut always had the measure of him!

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonalmost 9 years ago
KarenE is right.

I like reconciliation, too, but I don't think this one works. Bill says he knows Anne will never cheat again. Why wouldn't she? As Anne goes through her forties, the feelings that led her to cheat (which still haven't been addressed) will recur even more strongly. It will occur to her that she lost her marriage because she got caught, not because she cheated. Thus she will cheat again, only she'll try to be smarter this time. If Bill finds out, it will be even worse for him than the first time; if he doesn't, he is left with (pardon me) Fool's Gold.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 9 years ago
In total

An enjoyable well crafted story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
How he could trust her again is beyand me.

Breaking up with Jean was a big mistake. You can't let the kids decide who you want to be with. How can you love someone and let them go?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
cucky

Cuckboy can't seem to get enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
stupid wimp

he's cuck 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Why not? He has sampled the alternatives, a lot. And yet he still wants Anne, back.

Some people think he's a fool. Some people think marrying anyone is foolish. All people need to follow their heart and mind. If his leads him into a repeat disaster with Anne, such is life. His life. I think it was an interesting and realistic story. Very sad, but also hopeful. How can we not hope second time is the charm?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good story 5*

Reconciliation does make sense even though the hurt and betrayal was immense. Two or three times a week for several months, pretty hard for any husband to deal with but in the end both wanted, no needed each others love. You wrote this very well covering a lot of the angst he must have felt at her cheating and rejection but also the covering the love and family bond that eventually brought them back together.

You write well, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
generic

Emasculated cuckold cheating wife I'm sorry take me back , ok story.

PeteCedarPeteCedarover 8 years ago
Can't buy the this stuff

The writing is excellent but the basic story is the wife thinks he's cheating but has no proof. Wife goes out and finds the biggest asshole around to bang. She keeps it up until she gets caught. She blames everything on her husband. Begs him to take her back after a sob story about how stupid she was and how it didn't mean anything. Stupid husband takes her back thinking he's doing the right thing for himself and his kids. She ends up back with the hubby and still takes advice from the same friends. Same shit, different day.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
My take

I am on the pro side of this story. The outcome made sense when all facts were considered.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Nope

I've never seen this old truism be incorrect.

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Ah, this is truly golden

This series went under my LW radar because it was categorized as Non-erotic. And I suppose, it is appropriate and clever, having this series not grouped together with the LW stories that almost ends up in flames with the cheated husband glorified and the cheating wife burned. Anyway, I really liked this: the moments of reflection and analysis of his actions, Anne's chance of explaining herself instead of being relegated as just another cheater and branded as a slut and being lower than shit.

And, goddamn, all the negative feedback because the want a btb and they felt slighted. Read the same shit more then, losers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
anon vs revenger

Anon wrote:

"Revenger, you need serious therapy, man, you gotta let that anger go, bro... your statistics about women are so wrong they're not funny, but if insulting the female persuassion makes you happy or more peaceful, go for it, at least that way you won't shoot your brains out."

I agree with anon. The statistics are wrong. All women, not 80%, are whores and cheating liers.

All women are bitches and sluts. I think everyone recognizes the bitch part is true though they excuse that behavior by saying things like it's just hormones. Yet they all can't admit their woman is a slut because maybe she isn't one with them. Just ask yourself a question, if she isn't a slut with me, with whom is she a slut? You really need to start thinking about that.

EXursusRhereEXursusRherealmost 8 years ago
Here we go again.

Bill is too hardheaded to see the forest for the trees. Too much not said. Annie holding out something. And yet he still intends to reenter the relationship? I don't really see love in this story at all. I do see obsession and extreme jealousy on both sides and it's unhealthy. The two of them can't agree honestly that the other is the only one, they just can't stand to see someone else with the other, I think it would be a feeling of ownership rather than love.

Well written as far capable authorship but the story does not strike a believable chord with me. The kids already have the pattern laid out. They see that cheating really doesn't preclude the cheaters a continuing relationship. Therefore, cheating is fine. Mom can do it, so can the girls. Didn't like the storyline ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
What a pussy!

1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Yep! He Sure Is!

A WUSS and a WIMP all rolled into one dumb ass fool.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Well written 5*

Good depth of writing and logical ending. Some of the more sad bitter readers judge a tale by its outcome not the quality of writing, ignore them and well done.

Richie4110Richie4110over 7 years ago
A Classic Reconcillation Story

This is my second time to read this story and it was better the second time. It gave me a better sense of how it is possible to reconcile if you can both realize that you're better together than apart. The old wounds heal but the scars remain and you realize that you can live with the scar.

Thanks for a wonderful story

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
Doubts and unresolved issues

could still weigh them down. She needs professional help for her insecurities. He needs to find out what is still bothering him about her earlier decisions. And if all the psychobabble is to be believed the sole unifying element is the daughters. That does not bode well for their future together after the girls leave for their own lives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
one thing

One thing that lacks in this story is the concept of justice. A woman cheated with seemingly no consequences.

Rc68Rc68over 7 years ago
No

You are what you are, time doesn't change that. This woman is a cheating slut, now she will just hide it.....

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 7 years ago
Why?

If you write a story, don't you think you are supposed to have some regard for the characters you have created? You're the author, but creating a reconciliation out of fairy dust is pretty pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
For fucks sake

Why did I ever bother to read threw this pile of crap.

She fucks him over, tries to take his nuts away in court and he takes the cunt back.

I.m now going to go to the toilet to puke.

Stars? Don't even think about it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
RAAC shit

It took her some years to even said "I'm sorry". During tha time she did NOTHING to discovery the roots of her infidelity, she jkust faced the consequences of the choices she made. No counseling, no soul searching, nothing at all. So ho wcome she became a new person. She looks like the old slut to me with a sorry ass.

A well written piece of RAAC shit

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
JUST AWFUL!

All those chapters. All that talking. The cheating. The lies. The rage. And you RAAC them???????? Oh hell no. One of, if not THE worst endings, in the history of loving wives. He caved to everyone else's expectations. He ignored Laura's advice about doing what was best for him. He caved to the pressure of his daughter's, his ex-wife and all his family and friends. Just a god awful ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Love it! 🚵

2 things.

(1) This is a brilliant story. The story line was believable, characters fleshed out and interesting. The flow of the writing was easy and a pleasure to read. Simply top notch! Thanks for sharing your time and talented writing skills author. *****

(2) Oh boy.....it is disturbing that some of the comments here are so mean spirited and rude. I can't grasp the mentality of such people. I believe writers appreciate constructive feedback, but for someone to read thru 5 chapters of a well written story and spew nonsense about the writer and their story is border line deranged.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
LOVED IT♥

What can I say to an Author who nailed it. I know well done!

THANKS FOR SHARING THIS FANTASTIC STORY WITH US!

LOVE YOU ALL! BYE!

OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

GREG! See ya!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
A great tale

...But not realistic.

My ex wanted to reconcile only weeks after our divorce was final. Alice was banged by a coworker a few times, their boss caught them and fired both. Knowing I was going to learn anywhere, she came to me and admitted her cheating. She swore it happened twice, but papers I found from Alice's' boss said they were aware of at least six times. The cheating alone would have made me plan for divorce, but combined with her lies, it was a given.

She was in tears when we left the courthouse and our marriage was formally over. She tried to talk with me but I turned and avoided her. A few months later she caught me at a restaurant where I was having dinner with my folks, and declared her undying love. I left her crying at the table with my parents.

Alice didn't stop. She found reasons to stop by my rental to apologize and tell me how much we needed to be together. Finally I could take it no longer. I loved her, but hated what she did. Each time I saw Alice, I could only see her bent over a table and hammer from the backside. I loaded everything I had left after our divorce in a Uhaul and drove away.

I saw her about sixteen years later. My father passed and I went home for the funeral. Alice and dad always got along and she was there. She hadn't changed much except for some gray hair and wrinkles. She was alone and I learned she never remarried and rarely dated. Accompanying me was my wife of ten years and our three boys. Alice met them and was gracious enough. I tried to shake her hand but she kissed me on the cheek.

I never saw her again. Only weeks after the divorce she was killed in a car accident. I didn't go home for the funeral, although my wife didn't care if I did.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
UGH!!

I still think your protagonist is a clueless ass-wipe! ...And the attempt at amateur psychology was just that....amateurish and pathetic!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Entire story in unrealistic!

Laura, the idiot, thinks the the ex-husband is still in love with Annie because he falls in love with Jean who is a lot like Annie to be her twin! There are lots of believable stories on Literotica where a wife cheats on her husband and the husband marries and lives happily there after with her twin sister or just her younger sister! Men like women to have a certain look and personality. Just because Jean looks like a replica of Annie, doesn't mean the ex still loves Annie. Real men don't continue to love weasel women who cheat on them over a long time and then divorce them. Also the children's behavior is suspect since they didn't see anything wrong with their mother leaving their father for another man. It's one thing for the children to want reconciliation immediately after the affair is discovered but Annie prolonged the problem for all most 5 years. By then the kids wouldn't even care if their parents got to gather again. You can be sure that the wife of Annie's lover didn't take him back after he divorced her. So why does the author want to substantiate a double standard: it's ok for the wife to cheat but not the husband! I see that this author has cuckold written all over him! The storyline is all crap compared to reality based on the nine divorces that I observed at work. They all had children involved. I felt really sorry for those children. A majority of the divorces were solely due to cheating by the women who "didn't feel loved at home", lol! All of the wives were self centered. It was always me, me, me. They never were concerned about the effect of their actions on the children.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 6 years ago
Meh

Sigh... I skimmed through the chapter and it was as predictable as I expected. Generic reconciliation on autopilot, with no care for how the characters were initially portrayed.

The moral of the story for me seems to be, do not get friendly with your ex. It stops you from moving on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Meh is right

Not many surprised and a lot of common places. So he got back a lier and a cheater who did nothing to change herself instead of looking for a loving a faithful wife.

All the things she said, her insecurities, etc etc are still there. She did nothing to improve herself.

Your hero is a spinless henpicked wimp. So maybe he deserves the cheater back only to see if this time, when she cheats on him again, he opens his eyes and look for true love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
you could of made this more entertaining

by PI ing her sorry ass on her weeks away from the kids and catch the selfish bitch in more lies...but you took the easy path....still liked it.....bill

555ssssss

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
Simple brilliant.

Enjoy a good LW's Story? Just read the damn thing! *****

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 6 years ago
If you have to comment...

At least put your ID / username to it, Anonymous Coward.

Literotica has it wrong. Ban anonymous comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
mis use of words

depreciation and deprecation - check it.... but good one!! 5*

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
good story and writing but

crap ending. her problems and imaginary slights caused it, never tried to talk to him no reconcilement, fuck buddies is all she's worthy of

Rocketmann21Rocketmann21over 6 years ago
I liked this story

A very entertaining story of happy endings but,

Rocketmann21Rocketmann21over 6 years ago
Her inner mind

This is a world that of stuff no man could find reasons to try and understand. For that damn near any thing she said made sense to her. For him to understand her rationale for get it.

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
You

Either love it or hate it! Me I loved it! Yeah I can hear the Annony Mouse comments calling Me a Wimp lover! Newsflash! What would you rather have mrs Palmer or Mrs Pussy? I know what I want!

To the Author :- you did well with this one, YOU NAILED IT! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Time Management

One small (?) quibble: one factor that you used to stress the marriage was the soul-crushing amount of time required for his job. After the divorce, it is never mentioned. Yes, yes. I know that you said that the team's performance suffered from his distraction. He seemed to have plenty of time for his partial custody and new household responsibilities. (To say nothing of his bold exploration of the divorcee community). BTW, was the reconciliation a manifestation of One True Love or the lack of viable options? Good read anyway. Thanks for writing. 5 stars. JPR

johnadpjohnadpabout 6 years ago
Something Didn't Add Up With Her Reasons

I totally get what he said about her need (concious or unconcious) to minimize her looking bad, even when she was on the face of it trying not to hold back. But her story didn't add up. For example, she says after the second time with Alan she figured the marriage was over so why stop fucking him after that. Why was the marriage over at that point? I mean if she stopped maybe she doesn't tell him or if she told him they had a chance. The problem was at that point she didn't want to stop. She obviously minimized how much she liked the sex with Alan. At that point she was done with the marriage. Yes, I do get it that sometimes when we have fears we bring about situations to cause what we fear most to happen. For example, women often have rape fantasies, because that is a major fear for them. A fear that is really stressing you out you can take so long and eventually you want to cause it to happen to get it over with already. So I can buy her fear of Bill leaving her for a younger woman. So by the time things start up with Alan she was already pretty much done with her marriage. But the part she minimized is that the reason she didn't want to give up on Alan is because she wanted that, exclusive of her issues within her marriage.

So if things went well with Alan then she wouldn't try to be reconciling with Bill. So it was by default that she did. She kept on dating after Alan too to try to find another love interest. So my point is that she was done with the marriage before and during the affair and even after. I mean if you really want to get back with the ex you pursue that and you don't try to keep dating others. So in a way she defaulted back to the EX.

I have no problem with them getting back together and I don't think negatively of him for doing it. But I definitely couldn't do it or would've wanted to. Not because it's a cuck move, or a weak move, or even that I couldn't trust her. Although not trusting her would definitely be a major concern and the main trust issue wouldn't be her cheating again; just trusting my well-being. She cheats on me and hurts me and then instead of trying to make it up to me she wants to leave me and continues the relationship with the other man knowing that would upset me like crazy. And she listened to others to try to hurt him with the kids and getting the most from the divorce. It's one thing your hormones kick in and you fuck someone, but she wasn't watching out for him at all and that's what would worry me the most in the trust factor.

But the main reason I couldn't get back to her was because I'd realize that I was her default or second choice. She was ready to divorce him and try it out with Alan and when that didn't succeed she tried to make it work with others. Was the break-up with Alan her choice or his. How about why it didn't work with the others. Was she the one that was constantly rejected so now she comes back to me. Fuck that!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wow.

I wish there were more stories from this writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Didn't even have to read this chapter

Just went to the last paragraph and saw that they were remarried and instantly gave it 1 star. This story was so fucking stupid and the two of them acted like inbred morons. It doesn't matter the reasons for her cheating, she did it. Just fuck the two of these brain dead idiots.

forsure798285forsure798285almost 6 years ago
You weaved a great story

A joy to read. A great fast moving story.

cabbage01132cabbage01132almost 6 years ago
Why did you decide it was finally time to apologize?"

but she hasn't!

5*

cabbage01132cabbage01132almost 6 years ago
"I have the luxury of knowing that Annie will never cheat on me again"

oh no you don't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
@WhoGivesAShit

Right, Mr WhoGivesAShit. You are very brave, How is Mrs WhoGivesAShit doing btw?

You're just another asshole than others because you hide behind a stupid nickname instead of being anonymus. The great and brave Mr. WhoGivesAShit. *snorts*

WakeupnowWakeupnowover 5 years ago
A great tale

You outdid yourself on this one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story...

Happy endings are wonderful if they have a realistic ring to them. Your story has that and it was very well done. Good story and character development. Thanks for a great read.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
An

interesting examination of the subject. The worst thing a girl or woman can do to a man, whether dating as a teenager or married, is leave him for someone he, and or others view as beneath him thus adding insult to injury. That's what I thought of when she left him for an obvious dipshit.

And still, doesn't Alan need more than just losing his marriage?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

He said it wouldn't work unless they had a fresh start, then is unhappy with the new relationship not being exactly the same as the old one which lead to her affair. He's definitely approaching cuck territory. After taking her back, he still wasn't comfortable in the relationship until she felt free to disrespect him and take him for granted again. After that, he was happy. She's gonna cheat again when the opportunity presents itself. It was clearly in her nature, and his weird attitude about their new relationship, that he will under no circumstances accept being treated with respect or deference, is only reinforcing the problem.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
cuckcodmercury

kingcuck would work as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This one really sticks the landing

Good finish to a good series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
she was brutally honest with him

i would have had nothing but apathy for her real talk confession.

'i kept comparing other guys to you..... i realized that you were the best....that's when i realized i still loved you..."

full stop. she thinks of him like a trophy. he was the shiniest trophy. the best trophy. the most useful trophy. that's not love. love isn't about 'winning', in fact it's about compromise. she didn't compromise when she left him, she didn't compromise when she tried to win him back. i think she believes her own nonsense, but it's clear to anyone paying attention that she's incapable of love. she has fondness of people, appreciation, even being charitable to those that she deems useful to her. but that's not love either.

i don't love women because they are the youngest, thinnest, smartest. i love them because of real connections. she's about as deep as a cookie tray. imagine he left her and his confession was, ' i tried to find younger and healthier women than you....but they didn't have the same child bearing hips, the same swollen breasts like you....i realized that i still loved you"

does that feel like love? it feels like genetic attraction. men value youth and beauty. women value all the crap she spouted off at him during her confession. she just sees him as the best possible mate. that ain't love. that's a stupid ape following stupid ape hormones.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
Now, an RAAC. But at least not an MM RAAC.

5 years apart, with him getting plenty of pussy. Her hurting plenty. Girls know and co-exist well with BOTH parents. Him not living in penury. Her realizing her mistakes. Him not being prison raped for years on end. Finally, a fairly gentle RAAC.

If there is an RAAC this is the way it should be done.

4-stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I love a good cuck!

Just wanted your attention. Ease up guys. This is a STORY! why do you get so hyper. What's with all this cuck shit. If you don't like this, WHY do you read it? I could say some demeaning comments about your male attributes, or the lack of same, but perhaps you are just so lonely that you need attention.

Sad...just very sad. This is for entertainment purposes only! Get a life.

Samson

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Trust!

Where is her's? There is none! Without it, can a relationship of any kind survive?

timeandtidetimeandtidealmost 5 years ago
this line is a zinger of penny dropping comprehension.

" It made me realise you rejected me because of what I had done."

Apart from that, this author takes us at length and in detail through a great deal of emotional distress and angst in finding understanding. As is his wont. Whether we agree or otherwise on how it plays out, it draws us to it. It's all we can ask as readers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great example

Kids tend to learn from example. Great example they showed the girls. It's ok to cheat on men cause they will come back when you call them. Hope they find their own cuckolds, or their going to be pissed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I know I know

I am commenting on a very old story but what I still wonder is how this all would have come about if Jim (I think that was his name) had not been such a loser? What if the guy she had the affair with turned out to be kind, loving, and successful and dumped his wife claire completely for Anne? Would Anne still feel she made a mistake? It appears only after she left Jim and saw her ex having a great romantic dinner with Sally did she then have her come to jesus moment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I get it

the fools gold is the hope that the husband wasnt just another spineless cuck

vcwriter17bvcwriter17bover 4 years ago
Hopefully constructive comments

First, I do like the story. My comments are directed at improvement.

(1) Especially in Chapter 5, too much telling and not enough showing. Don't lecture. Show interactions between the characters that illustrate.

(2) More setting the scene.

(3) Most affairs don't end in reconciliation. What's different about these people or this situation? The logic of the decision isn't clear.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
When the well of stories runs thin.

It's always a pleasure to re-read some of the classic LW'S tales.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
1*. One fucking star.

The fragile male ego, the silly male pride. This chapter is disgusting. The stupid cuck takes her back, because all of the women in his life thinks he should get over it. I understand the kids, BTDT, but Laura continuously undercut him and eventually they all severed his balls.

Fuck this.

COYSCOYSabout 4 years ago
Loved it

Great story, well written, good characters, etc. etc. etc. And I liked the comment about just living together. That does seem like a reasonable solution. What I don’t get from stories on this site, even great stories like this one, is why there’s only one woman a guy can be happy with. In real life, after a divorce, most people find others to spend their life with. But not on this site. Thank you

mower9527mower9527about 4 years ago

ahhh, a happy ending. thanks Capecodmercury.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
So sad

I have regular drinks with a friend who is a counsellor and described the events here. She laughed when I told her the outcome. She gave it 1% of lasting in a real life situation and only a few % of ever getting back in any event. Her reasoning... most men or women whose partner cheats, unless they are very very self assured will always see the sex that the cheater had as being better and more fulfilling than what they could provide and will nearly always suffer flashbacks and performance issues. They also try step up their game and prove they are better than what the cheater got in the affair. It becomes tiring and end up badly.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

I like my BTB and I’m a bit of a reconciliation man in the right circumstances.

These are those right circumstances.

What a lovely romantic tale

I thoroughly enjoyed it

5/5 from me

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
hah...as expected !

I feel sad every time I read a story with potential and then the author himself/herself just screwed it up. Like I can’t understand how men could ever take a cheating ex-wife back and marry her once again ! Like, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME !

How could anyone trust someone like her ever again ? How could he still have feeling for her after what she had done to him ? And what made it worse was when his so-called “caring twin” always demanded that he should get over his “male-pride” or “male ego” and forgive the cheating whore already !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous