All Comments on 'Fool's Gold Ch. 05'

by capecodmercury

Sort by:
  • 261 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The only story....

....I ever read where I came to dislike the injured party more than the cheating wife. Lord! This man thinks, re-thinks, then thinks again then re-thinks that! What a pussyfooter. Story's convolutions make it three times longer than is comfortable.two grating stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fool's Knowing

" I have the luxury of knowing that Annie will never cheat on me again, or let her fears overturn her life. "

This is just pure fool's logic talking here and the gods are laughing at his arrogance. He knows nothing for a surety. The sure fact that she cheated and was able to get him to reconcile puts her in the diver's seat of power. She'll cheat again when she decides to cheat again.

illjoyilljoyover 3 years ago
Lol

This guy is suppose to be smart? Say you sign a contract with someone for $100 million that’s a lifetime and then some worth of money then the other signee on the contract breaks it contract is now worthless. Then in your infinite wisdom you sign another contract with the same person the broke the previous one, as you can see anyone outside looking in can say with certainty that you are something special and deserve all the pity that comes your way.

amygdalaamygdalaover 3 years ago

What the hell is this!!!! This is not only bullshit but dog/cat/chicken/and horseshit combined. 4 years later the bitch fesses up then this simp muthafucker takes her back!!!!! Where in life would anyone do that?

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 3 years ago

Reread this old classic out of boredom while recuperating from a herniated disc. My thoughts on the story, basically one of reconciliation and romance, as well as forgiveness (which is supposed to be the Christian thing to do), include some skepticism that the couple remarrying would really succeed without some type of counseling. Some of the counseling should be couples counseling and some of the counseling should involve the entire family. I believe the children would still have deep-seated resentments towards their mother for cheating and breaking up the family. Although a little too wordy, I did enjoy rereading the story. I thank the author for writing a well thought-out story with at least some originality. Four stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ok i read this over and I see the tenets of time, and forgiveness, and all that shit. But i cant get around the fact that he reconciled with that bitch, I just cant. Her excuses of self doubt, supposed cheating by spouse, and the sky being purple, and left and right twix difference is all unmitigated bullshit. It was all a bunch of word count to justify a simpy reconcilliation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This was a great story. The chapter with Jean in it I felt was just a filler and really didn't add anything to the story it could have simply been left out and wouldn't have affected the story in any way.

To the sad miserable pricks who think reconciliation is wrong why don't you just go out and step in front of a bus. Your lives must be one of misery.

I thought that the break between them divorcing and reconciling was too long, 5 years, is a long time to keep love alive. But I can see that living close and sharing the kids would maybe keep the flame burning.

Their marriage failed because of work and lack of communication between them and sadly is the reason a lot of marriages fail.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"I have the luxury of knowing that Annie will never cheat on me again, or let her fears overturn her life"

Guy's setting himself up for a fall again. This is an ignorant view to take when statistics will tell you that a cheater is more than likely to cheat again than not. Do you really want to live your life under then cloud of doubt...waiting for the next time she'll cheat.

Cheating is about entitlement. A cheater is someone who breaks the terms of consensual agreements because they think they're entitled to what they and what they want to do in spite of any previous agreements they agreed to live by. All it takes to be a cheater is to break the rules unilaterally without regard to your partner. Rules the cheater voluntarily (and deceptively) entered into. This is a character problem.

So, unless Annie faced, resolved and eliminated her entitlement attitudes and her underlying character problems that developed her sense of entitlement she will cheat again its just a matter of when. As long as there is entitlement, there is no hope at reconciliation.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

Thank the heavens this isn't like some stories from long absent authors and ends on a dead end. Great story, long but well worth it. Reconciliation is not something that should happen overnight, it something that should be taken with care and time. A hurt like cheating is something that is going to take a long time to get over and rebuilding trust more so. Its not a question of love, thats why I think its so hard to forgive, but a question of trust, self respect, and just general life. If I had any complaints it would be she waited so long to admit what happened and they reconciled fast after that but a minor complaint. Gave it 5 stars.

JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

Seems like a more real life scenario but still didn't enjoy it. Good writing tho

russ603russ603almost 3 years ago

Well written, and except for a few spelling/syntax errors, very well done and engrossing. I look forward to reading more of this author's work.

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 3 years ago

4.5

Really good. You should have given Annie one POV chapter

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

Utter BS. You turned him into a desperate wimp.

She wins despite her appalling behaviour.

And, you do it with psychobabble, her excuses, where she does tell the full truth but bambozzles him with information overload. Just how stupid is he?

Scores 2/5

skruff101skruff101almost 3 years ago

You can dress a slut up as a princess but she’s still a slut, likewise you can dress a cuck story up as a HEA but it’s still a cuck story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

From chapter one to now is a biography of a cheater. Yes its written from the pov of the wronged, which by all accounts is just twisted way the author thinks. Its like how a rapist would write a story about how the victim would react after the fact. Add a child of rape to the mix, then have them falling in love in the end. How sweet, its a hollywood ending after all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

😂😂😂😂 what a loser. I think he just enjoyed the cream pies she was bringing home and didn't wanna give up that gooey goodness.. I'm glad I didn't waste time reading all that mess I already knew where this was going, otherwise it wouldn't of needed so many chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

To the anonymous who stated that the marriage failed because of lack of communication, I say that’s nonsense. It failed because she cheated on him.

Harvey8910Harvey8910over 2 years ago

i read the entire story and i loved it. i gave it 5 stars. Bill went through some real changes during this story. Anne explained in the end why she cheated on him. It was a poor excuse but he forgave her and they rebuilt their relationship. I have seen many marriages dissolve and recognized in this story that the author knows what he is talking about. Perception is far more important than actual facts. Anne drove herself crazy with her doubts about herself and her suspicions about her husband and his new assistant. Great story!!!!!

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars is the most I can possibly give this unrelenting RAAC.

I am over 70 and married to the same woman for more than 1/2 century. If you take the time to read maybe 10 stories in the LW section, you begin to notice certain known 'standards'. Starting with RAAC - everyone in this audience understands that in order for any individual to even begin to consider the possibility of a reconciliation, there has to be a really really sound logical reason. We all know the reasons and I include some of the following - alcohol, drugs, rape, blackmail or just plain stupid and selfish - the list is not endless, but it is usually limited to a ONE-TIME ERROR. Once the spouse takes that second step to continue with the sexual exploration - all bets are off. The statistics support the claim that an extremely small number of relationships ever recover from a significant infidelity that includes multiple sexual episodes. Therefore I feel the term ONCE&DONE should be changed to SECOND&DONE, because the second time the spouse fucks the 'ASSHOLE' - that takes thought and planning, there is no possible way any normal human being can ever forgive or justify something like that. So to me the majority of the RAAC stories here are just FANTASY and wishful thinking of delusional people.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Second time around. Have downgraded my score from 2/5 to 1/5, yep 1/5. Reading this again, wading thru her explanation of why she cheated l realised what a self absorbed bitch she truly was. She was getting annoyed and angry at some of his responses to her confession!!!!

I would left on the curb where l kicked her. She fucked up and she knows it, why would l take any responsibility for blowing up the marriage.

Take her back???

No fucking way!!!!!!

1/5 because this an awful RAAC, just plain fucking awful.

bobareenobobareenoover 2 years ago

Excellent tale that avoided the tropes so common in these stories of cheating spouses. The ending was the proper one for the characters as written. Those readers too vapid to understand that the characters drive the story, not the readers preconceived notions of what should happen, should just reread the same BTB stories they love so thoroughly, and forego the umbrage caused when their limited expectations are not met.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Disappointing to have a RAAC. She carried on the affair for way too long. It might have been better positioned if it had been once followed by jerk blackmailing to continue for a couple weeks. The disappointing part was no payback on Johnson. best I can give it is a 2.

62276227over 2 years ago
Second time around...

I know of 4 couples who divorced and remarried. 50% success rate as two are still together (AFAIK). The two who are together I know it was not because of infidelity, or at least that wasn't the primary reason. The two that crashed and burned I know the wife screwed around the first time and I suspect the second time too.

I also have a good friend from elem. school/HS, whose father walked out on her mom after 20+ years and lived with another women for about 3 years. Her Mom would not divorce him. Eventually he figured out that the grass wasn't so green and asked to come back. Took some time but they worked it out and were together another 25 years before he passed. Her Mom was an absolute basket case at the funeral. He had practically worshiped her those years after reconciling.

Carioca_ManCarioca_Manabout 2 years ago

The plot, its follow-up, the characterization of the characters' personality, their dialogues, thoughts and actions, show that the story was well written.

The author was careful to verify, together with his editors, the cadence and sequence of events, preventing a crash or loss of the plot.

I'll just have to agree with @Nixrox and @Wargamer. The wife was an empty, selfish, conniving, lying bitch.

I don't mind the reconciliation endings. It's one thing to have the "martian slut ray", another thing is premeditation, collusion, lying and disrespect.

It would be better scored if it didn't lead to this ending where there wasn't even real psychological suffering from the cheating wife.

The MC also had episodes of mental and psychological disruption. He alternated between the fucker stud with the suffering romantic and with no expectation of finding his better half.

The author kept the MC in line with his views most of the time. And that, at least, made me want to finish reading.

I always offer 3 stars. Writing is not easy, I know that very well. So my respect to the author.

I will read your other works. I want to see what else comes out of this "troubled" mind.

But that's just my opinion.

skruff101skruff101about 2 years ago

So to boil down a loooooong story it goes something like this…wife cheats for months, asks for divorce, after a bit of elbows out argy-bargy they call a truce, life goes on and a few years down the road she says sorry, admits all her faults. Her reward for this? The man who claims not to be an idiot effectively says ‘that’s ok love no harm done let’s get back together so we can go through it all again’, now life is filled with fairies and unicorns blowing rainbows out of their asses, oh and there’s jam for tea.

Longer stories do not necessarily make better stories…just saying.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written but I was against reconciliation. Her actions were too far and the fact she only realized what she had after givng him up and realizing her lover wasn't going to work out proves even more she didn't deserve to be taken back. And let's not even go into the length it took her to finally apologise and show remorse. The husband deserved better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I just discovered this story. One of the best I've read on Lit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Boy and Girl get married. They start a family. Girl leaves boy, for another man. They get divorced. New guy dumps Girl. Girl decides she made a mistake, wants man back. Man gives into her. And remarries Girl, without even a post nup. One star, for lack of realism. People only do things, if it is in their best interests. This was not, in the husbands best interest.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

3 stars because it was a ok story but why take her back she lied screwed him over and then found out she lost out....but what cost to him. His pain and anger. I for one find this story not within the realm of possibility.....4 yrs for an apology? She broke up they family for a long period of time because she fell in lust with someone else broke their vows....shouldnt she have talked with him first of she loved him. I jumped around in the story because I found the characters unlikeable

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Why reconcile?

orion2bear2orion2bear2almost 2 years ago

Alan was at fault knew she was married andwent out of his way to seduc her

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker60almost 2 years ago

I usually detest RAAC stories, but this one proved a bit different and more sophisticated in the treatment. Well written and eventually everything wound up ok. No saccharine, no Disney ending either. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I think at best after 4 years divorced and since we had the girls I could be "friendly" towards her but I would not get back together in any sexual or romantic way. We would be more like a business partner type relationship and maybe she would stay for a family dinner or something. No marriage for certain.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story. But wow so many wasted years over laco fo communication, jealousy, insecurity, pride and self doubt. See a therapist! Or hire a private investigator to see the MC was doing anything. Instead you listen to tramps at the club and let them poison your mind? Heck sneak into his office building. Show up unannounced one of trips. He might get mad but it will bring the pestilence eating away at soul into the light for them to deal with. Instead a multi month affair with a sleazeball salesman who you just fuck and then have no basis with? I at least like her admission on many points and not falling back on the "it was just sex" trope. She had a lot of sexual encounters with Alan and developed feelings for him, in order to cover herself when the crap hit the fan. Btw why did Charlotte wait so long to expose the husband? Kind of a dick move. A few weeks sure to get her ducks in a row. But multiple months? Shame on her.

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsalmost 2 years ago

I have this in my favs and had to read it again. It remains one of my top five stories on Lit. If I could vote again, I would.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The interplay of emotional (re)development between husband and wife rings truer than any other RAAC stories that I can remember (but of course my memory is not so good nowadays). That you (the author) spread the tale out over five years (and several "serious" relationships for the husband) made the reconciliation more believable than those which offer "quick re-thinkings and/or "make-up sex". Whether you had the entire plotline in mind when you began writing...or made it up as you went along, it was logical and believable and as agonizing a process as real-life reconciliations after heartbreaking betrayals.

So kudos and congratulations on crafting "a tale well told". Will now go read some of your other stories to see if they're as good as this. If so, I'm in for a treat. (Thanks for this one.) A solid 5 out of 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As of January 1, 2019, it was estimated that there were 3,800,750,379 women throughout the world.But in this story the dumb ass husband would rather take back his cheating ex-wfe instead of trying to find happiness with one of the other 3.8 billion other women in the world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

All the bitter people on here really bum me out.

orion2bear2orion2bear2over 1 year ago

Still wish alan got stomped he waltzed away free and clear

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yeah, things are great,,, Until she gets bored again. NEVER take back a long term cheater. I wouldn't even take back a one time slip, but I can mess where some might.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 part bullshit. She said she wouldn't cheat once, why would Bill believe anything a lying slut promised now? You really make Bill a weak, spineless, self hating wimp. No man stands for this shit.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

It didn't feel like her lack of trust in him was truly ever addressed, nor her insecurities. She needed therapy which she never got. Right now all he has is fear that would keep her from cheating again. But it didn't seem like her issues were truly ever addressed.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayover 1 year ago

What a great story. I love it when there is forgiveness. Time does heal all wounds, it's just how long the healing takes and how much scar tissue is there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nope she walked out after having an affair now she regrets it....nope would not marry jer again once a cheater always a cheater she not only cheated on her husband but her kids

WakeupnowWakeupnowover 1 year ago

Well done but....

Story could have been a lot shorter. I can see the reader not going beyond part two. Now the story. Anne needs serious counseling and her and her husband needs serious marriage counseling. Anne's baring if her soul has zero effect on her cheating again. Her husband is still working crazy hours and Anne still works with the jerk who convinced her to cheat. Nothing has changed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Let's be clear regardless of the author's strong writing skills, Annie was a coward and an idiot, with some real mental issues. Besides the standard self-centeredness, looking outdoor herself, she let her fears and insecurities and lack of communication, turn into full blown jealousy and paranoia without ever confrontingnher husband. And for what? The fear that it might be true. That he was cheating. Wtf?!? Moreover, after giving in on her trip to Charlotte after a fight with her husband, who was rightly concerned she was out with Alan on a social dinner, while she felt guilt, she did nothing to fix it, still listening to her so-called friends at the gym, and putting a wall up between her and her husband, not discussing anything that was troubling her. Of course she was already burning her marriage. Then a month later, some threw months before discovery y Alan's wife, she falls a second time and now her guilt turns into self mutilation excuse she knows she has killed her marriage completely, still doesn't have the guts to confront her husband or talk to him about anything that concerns her and then gives Alan the go ahead for a full force affair, 2-3 times a week, just sex but convincing herself that she had deep feeling for Alan, meanwhile turning this all.on her husband's supposed cheating (imagined in her mind) as a justification for her moral descent while somehow thinking a pussyhound like Alan woukd be there to desire her ans build a life together. Lol what a stupid, insecure woman. Yeah that worked out well. Oh wait it didn't! She did not even move in with Alan. Dated him for a few months post separation and then it was all over because the only thing they had in common was the sex, and that wasn't more than mediocre apparently. So yeah that is what I mean by self mutilation. But worse she doesn't have the courage to do ahit about anything. She never confronts her husband about her fears while married, fears that built over a couple of years. And while she never did anything obvious like cut her husband off (damn girl, you were getting it 5-6 tiles a week there, as hubby was clueless about seconds), she never spoke to him once about things, he was oblivious and she built up her paranoia to the point she blamed him for her fucki by Alan repeatedly. How long would it have gone on? Lol. She wad too afraid to bust up with Alan even knowing they would have no shot. When discovered, she was too afraid to admit the affair, along with maintaining her pride. What pride? She was delusional, self-centered and craven. She tried to railroad him out of the house and grab her daughters. She took 5 years to tell her daughters what she did (btw the MC is an idiot to not have a frank discussion once the girls reach a certain age, way sooner than 17). That is cowardice. She took 4 years to apologize (ignoring the parting murmur of "I'm sorry" as she left that night. 4 years to even tell him why. So she is a coward. She is a moron (yeah true love with Alan the pussyhound seducer,.married with three kids). She let heer fears rule her actions for quite some time. But somehow they become friends again, with no explanation or apology, and then they reconcile. She is dumb, cowardly, self-centered, jealous, gullible, paranoid, unfaithful, self-destructive, manipulated by others, and of little to no morals, with low.swlf esteem. Quite a catch. And she didn't even go to therapy during the 5 years apart. Wow. She's a keeper.

ibuguseribuguserabout 1 year ago

Meh. Didn't like the last 2 chapters. Looked like a case study for Freud. Not against reconciliation, but this wasn't the right story for it.

If it took her 4 years to understand what she did wrong and the children to convince her to apologize, then something isn't right.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wow, jut wow....

StruckwrongStruckwrong9 months ago

Always take her back once the chads have worn her out and she knows it.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Opowiesc o idiocie

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Have to say I would not have taken her back. Intimacy involves trust and she just didn't take responsibility soon enough to be trustworthy again: 4 years?. I wouldn't have bought into her final admission of culpability. You CAN forgive someone and not take them back.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Talking for the whole story I found it to be 'all over the shop' to some extent. This author seems to write a lot where a tighter conversation could cover things. I also think the girls may not have acted as children may have and the mother was just stupid a lot of the time and self centred most of the other times. At least they were divorced before they got back together. I would not have been able to trust her. What will she be like when the children have left home> That could be a ticking bomb.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Vey well done, and an authentic redo involving thoughtful (as opposed to reactionary) adult people who are genuine and serious, while cautious about living again. And, they used their thinking brains rather than reflexes about how they’d finally proceed. This is a good add to Literotica. Nice that the bitter, knucklehead trolls that reflexively pollute the comments with their bitter vitriol have remained relatively quiet, although what they think, in the end, isn’t worth a jock sniff.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver4 months ago

Very good story and very well thought out. It is also very realistic. Mt best friend had a very brief physical (non-emotional) affair. His wife found out (me and my wife told her) and she left with no communication for a year and a half. He worked on himself through counselling and our pastor.

A year and a half later (six months after their divorce), He asked her out on a date and the started a brand-new relationship.

They have been remarried over two years now and are as happy as they were before the affair.

Thanks for sharing your story!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good t see so many comments in the end, yet to few appreciating what the author accomplished:

A story of two imperfect people learning to love one another in a successful happily ever after way.

MightyheartMightyheart3 months ago

Liked the story.

Great writing. The earlier parts could have done with more dialogue.

I believe in reconciliation if there is remorse, regret, apology and a sufficient time elapsed. All the boxes were ticked here.

I wish this author wrote more.

I hope he is well.

Regards

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheads21 days ago

This continues being one of my favorite stories on Lit.

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

IMHO The character of Anne was portrayed to be too evil, uncaring and selfish to merit an RAAC.

Right from page 1 she is portrayed as the incarnation of evil, with absolutely no redeeming characteristics.

Then finally in the last chapter, we are shown chinks in her evil armour. And we are supposed tot be able to say "There, there Dear, there's nothing wrong. Everything is ok."

Not taking away from how well the story was written though. It was good entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

Bill made a comment that Anne was holding back by not being completely honest with him , in ch 05- 01 , yet he never ask Anne what it was that she holding back on . Why was that ?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous