All Comments on 'Football Injuries Alter Lives'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 117 Comments
SplitGeode66SplitGeode664 months ago

I liked this story. 5 stars.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit4 months ago

That is the best revenge. Living a life with complete indifference to the cheater.

Daggy1965Daggy19654 months ago

Liked it, but would have liked to have had a sentence or two with him contacting Theresa.

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594194 months ago

Much better

🙈🙉🙊💨😶‍🌫️

demanderdemander4 months ago

Nicely done. D

ibuguseribuguser4 months ago

Was a good story but kinda lacked any emotions.

Like 2 robots marrying and having 2 kids.

4*.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc4 months ago

4.0 for all the reasons you mentioned - LOL! 4.0*

miket0422miket04224 months ago

Interesting concept. Zero emotional content or impact.

acupacup4 months ago

I'll ditto the outline comment for the last portion of the story. I have dozens in the same category sitting on my hard drive waiting for the inspiration to finish and post.

SDN1955SDN19554 months ago

I enjoyed the last bit, “What better way to spend their inheritance?”

Great line.

sloggerslogger4 months ago

Great story. Would love to read a chapter two, but not necessary if you deem so.

Slick742Slick7424 months ago

Very good read. Would have liked to have heard her story. Anyway thanks. *****

dragonmann72dragonmann724 months ago

>My plan was to Print Shop a picture of Robert, Shay, and Shay's car. With a note stating that this car has been seen at her house on Wednesday's around noon and the lady and gentleman went inside for ninety minutes.

I really want to believe that you meant, ‘her car at his house’.

You never said what happened to Robert Marks other than the broken legs, did he get to keep his job as a big time salesman?

Maybe it does need a second chapter.

dgfergiedgfergie4 months ago

I was vacillating between 4 and 5 stars and my finger slipped over to the 5th star. A good story and very surreptitious MC husband. Interesting the way he track the cars movement. I guess most cars now all have the same features a smart phone does. There will be no sneaking around for clandestine meetings' anymore I guess. But think about now government agencies can track us 24/7 don't know why they would want to but you never know. You're not paranoid if what you're worried about is true....................

numbnutz49numbnutz494 months ago

Calm, cool, and prepared for the changes to come. Don't get much better than this!

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith4 months ago

Good story. Funny vengeance. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Freddog6601Freddog66014 months ago

Good originality in the revenge.

I’m giving this full marks for the originality, pace and being devoid of the usual boring hand wringing pity party tripe. I am disappointed there wasn’t anything from Shay’s lover’s wife.

Karn9Karn94 months ago

Oh the scarlet A good read. 4.5*

FD45FD454 months ago

Let us speak of the strengths. It is a common trope that ‘man who never ever thought of cheating’ has ‘gorgeous, soulmate, sexual dynamo wife’ and is always ‘totally blindsided’ that she cheated.

/

Rarely is it ‘we had some problems in our marriage and she went looking for some strange’.

/

So on that front it was a bit of a palate cleanser.

Regguy69Regguy694 months ago

Really enjoyed that. The humor and tech woven together was a refreshing change for a BTB story. Sure wish you'd write a little more often as I always enjoy your efforts.

TajfaTajfa4 months ago

It was all very cold and lacking emotion. Married 10 years and he couldn't confront his wife? In real life he would have had a screaming match about her behaviour at the party and made it clear he wouldn't put up with it. Then there was nothing about why she did it and no remorse when caught. If they had spoken earlier maybe an amicable divorce would have been the answer. So, only 3 from me this time.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19694 months ago

I enjoyed it a lot, just wanted more of that to squeeze the juice out of the premise. Some more time focusing on why she cheated, have him get his verbal pound of flesh (leaving her emotionally ruined once she realizes her failures) and underline the consequences of her actions in family, work and friends. Did the A on the forehead scar? Did anything else come out of the kiss from the broadcast?

Pinto931Pinto9314 months ago

Good stor6 but the ending sort of petered out.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Pretty funny.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Loved it. 5

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu4 months ago

Great scott.

If ever I'm in the same situation as MC, I will weirdly do the same thing as he did with Shay BUT I will treat my in-laws a lot nicer and with respect and I would not allow my daughter to blurt out those snarky remarks in front of her grandparents.

/

It's a good story @moreandmore.

More and more stories from you please.

Pappy7Pappy74 months ago

Not quite a 5 star but only because he let the guys at work slide on their bullshit. I can't understand where someone would work that people think that they can say or do anything they want to to some hapless soul and get away with it. The first one that made a remark after the first party should have had his nose on the side of his face. That actually would have set the mood for the riding his ass and then riding his wife. Those kind of remarks are assault and should be answered with extreme prejudice. Also at the party if the wife was looking for a scene she should have gotten one. Husband's choice of responses.

Aspie007Aspie0074 months ago

Great story. Good to see some humour in this category

RanDog025RanDog0254 months ago

Loved it, thanks! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle4 months ago

What I disliked was the lack of motivation for her to cheat, or how everything just lined up so neatly without even so much as a court order granting permission. Also, like it or not, he weaponized his children against their mom.

I know what that’s like because my mom did it yo me. Convinced me my father was an abusive criminal who only used and abused people. By the time I found out the truth, he was dead and I never got to know him.

What she did was wrong but he wasn’t a saint either.

mndhanson017mndhanson0174 months ago

Haha, he let the dude's wife do the damage for him and it probably worked out better than he imagined, she's lucky that the kids allow her to even attend their events, well, Franny, at least because her daughter exposed her on social media, that's never going to fade away.

SunnyU2SunnyU24 months ago

Not bad, but lacked emotion.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I enjoyed it as I always do M&M's work but this felt a little incomplete somehow. This is possibly due in part to the fact that Shay apparently never got to discover how she was outed as a cheat and the MC seemed to gloss a number of things that while not important to him certainly were to me. No LW story is ever complete without the wife trying to BS her way out of trouble and this was missing that. Still a solid four star offering. JR

Kernow2023Kernow20234 months ago

good story - great payback

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Sad that her parents supported the slut. No one I know would do that. The MC should have just laughed when the father in law tried to bully him over her legal expenses.

Something was off with this story. Perhaps ut was the detached tone, but the slut’s humiliation wasn’t as satisfying as it should’ve been. The daughter utterly rejecting her slut mom was awesome, so kudos for that!

A good story, but it could’ve been great with some visceral pain on the part of the traitor.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

5 stars for one of the rare honest anti-cuck tale, even though this was too much filled with distracting useless parts, making the tale confusing for no reason.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Because the marriage was already on the rocks before Shay cheated, the “angst” level of the story was very low. Obviously Breeze hired somebody to do the cyan deed on Shay and her lover. And he got away with it.

.

Shay was totally unrepentant as well. No apologies…no explanation….not even to her kids.

.

Loved seeing an M&M story, but this one fell flat because by the time tne cheating took place, neither spouse gave a shit about the other.

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not even close to enough pain for the slut wife!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I loved this story. The set up with the cheaters wife answered my question on how to enact a strong BTB without legal blow back. The husband’s anger was in private. Franmy’s comments were more PRICELESS than s Master Card commercial. The end more than hinted the husband would bounce back strong. I am Abigail fan of controlled vengeance. Any dope can go ballistic and end up in jail. Now to the actual writing: well formulated and mostly well developed characters. Shay seemed the usual self absorbed cheater and branding her as such was a great touch. I guess e the writer could have drop some personality flaws in early to give some root cause, but some spouses are just so conceited that it is their nature. Thanks for sharing. The Tumbler

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x4 months ago

<Sigh> More wasted space on how they met.

\

@dmann, "THEIR house."

xMulexMule4 months ago

5*

Fun read, Keystone Kops not withstanding.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Seems like the cheating guy's wife would be an obvious suspect. I don't understand the sneaking around by the MC in alerting the wife to cheating. Just call and tell her.

jstformejstforme4 months ago

What happened to Robert? I was waiting for the other shoe to drop, as the wife came on to the whole sales team…surely it wasn’t just Robert that she hooked up with.

DessertmanDessertman4 months ago

The story had some interesting ideas, I particularly liked the way he saw Shay and Robert together. Overall it was quite unemotional, especially no confrontation between the couple. 3stars for the invention.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I like your stories, this included. I would have liked to hear more of the argument as to WHY, but it was quite enjoyable. Franny's involvement was hilarious.

DISCONNECT you car's modem.

If you're really serious, turn off your phone. Not only are you tracked, but there are companies selling location information. The more connected stuff you buy (Fitbit, etc) the more you're tracked. Any idea what your smart' tv is sending to your tv provider?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The writing style seemed a bit too erratic for me to enjoy it....

Just_WordsJust_Words4 months ago

I really liked that! My only criticism, and it's small, is that the daughter flipped on her mother very fast. I would have expected a little more doubt until faced with the hard reality. However, maybe living with the mother was already more than she could take. Great story! 5*****!

mysharadamysharada4 months ago

EVERY SINGLE THING !!!!!

BigfundrewBigfundrew4 months ago

Well done.

I would have enjoyed to hear more from the wife, but I still liked it

hindsight2020hindsight20204 months ago

Nice solid tale.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

johntcookseyjohntcooksey4 months ago

Brings to mind ‘Live From The Game’ by Jezzaz, wife caught cheating on TV during the 7th inning stretch at a Cubbies game. Thanks for the new story. I enjoy your story telling style.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief4 months ago

Nice tactic to let the cheater's wife do the dirty work for you, lol. And she, with some help I'm guessing, did a dam good job of it. Enjoyed the reunion with Shay and her parents when the daughter let her mother know she wasn't happy with her cheating. Four stars for a good BTB story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I couldn’t find anywhere in the story where Breeze ever contacted Teresa Marks, much less where he informed her of her husband fucking his wife Shay. The printer ink certainly suggests that Teresa had something to do with the cyan “event”…. and Breeze was out of town apparently so had an alibi. But then the author says “ Don't you love it when a plan comes together?” — a strong implication that Breeze and Teresa had contact.

.

My opinion the story suffered for not being clear about this. Given that it was written n first person POV of Breeze…why weren’t readers provided this clarification?

.

Another “failing” of the story was the cavalier attitude of Doug to what was going on. Fanny was disgusted with her Mom, but Doug seemed oblivious. Why?

.

Finally…lack of even a brief confrontation robbed the story of some impact. Yeah…Breeze was done with her, but readers would want to know what Shay really thought she was doing. Did she hav ANY regrets?

.

Too many incomplete facets to this one that were unnecessary.

PowersworderPowersworder4 months ago

The idea for the story was unique and interesting.

The problem is that there's no emotional depth to any of it.

When the wife humiliated him at work by flirting with everyone, he just handled it with a toothless threat in the car, then stony silence. There's no way I'd have tolerated that level of disrespect. In his position, the only thing stopping me from immediately filing for divorce, would be a deeply contrite bout of tearful begging.

-

As they never properly fixed their relationship, neither of them seemed to give a shit about the marriage. She cheats, without any kind of regret or remorse, then never even apologies post-divorce. We don't even get an explanation for why she cheated, and why she fell out of love with him. When he found out about her infidelity, it's almost with an indifferent shrug.

-

I totally understand that many marriages fizzle out long before someone cheats.

But in a case like this, you should have had him bounce back after the divorce with a younger/hotter woman, just to stir up some jealousy, bitterness, and regret in the ex-wife.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Both my sons play college football.. D3 and D1 ... so this story struck a nerve.

Well written. Thanks for sharing.

Glad the MC older son dropped soccer. It is a gateway sport to homosexuality and promiscuity. ;-)

Rocky62Rocky624 months ago

Good stuff, the Scarlet letter was a nice literary touch

BrentJWBrentJW4 months ago

Pretty good story, however, it could have been fleshed out more. We have no clue why Shay cheated or how Teresa pulled off the blue and A stunt.

cyendreycyendrey4 months ago

A good(ish)story with a lot of potential, but…

The MC has all the emotional depth of a tortilla. His narrative reads more like a technical report with some flat family anecdotes thrown in to relieve his monotone delivery.

I’m giving it four stars due to the story’s potential, not because of its current state.

GhostdogginGhostdoggin4 months ago

@anon between oldpantythief and powersworder. He overnighted her photos of Shay and her car with a note saying that they were repeatedly seen at the Mark's home at 11 am on Wednesdays

SkubabillSkubabill4 months ago

If you ever get to Kansas, you will find that most people pronounce the Arkansas River as the Are Kansas. Great five-star story.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter4 months ago

This should have been a really good story. Unfortunately it had all the emotion of reading the nutrients label on a can of beans. Where was the fire in the belly? There wasn’t even a wisp of smoke.

waifwaif4 months ago

It boggles me how few people actually read the preface comments by most authors.

"My friends tell me that I don't flesh out my characters, my stories are more like outlines, and that I lose interest and just rush to finish the story. They know me so well. And get this: they keep thinking that I want to be a better writer. Silly wabbits."

Sheesh. Stop whining about character development and lack of emotion already!

KRD19254KRD192544 months ago

It was OK but flat. No tie backs to his Cmas Company party and how the paramour was humiliated or fired? As salesmen in cyan just do not sell well. Breeze never met up with Mrs Marks?

\

What actually happen about Shay's double lie to the cops?

\

How long did it take the scarlet "A" so disappear? Did they require plastic surgery on BOTH?

\

An alpha like Breeze never went looking after the papers were served?

\

4.1**** Hooyah

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi41044 months ago

I was amused by this, so that's a win for you. Surprised Shay argued against the divorce to the mimimal extent she did, honestly.

opheliusophelius4 months ago

Unusual way of extracting revenge, but entertaining nevertheless. Keep ‘em coming!

KoxokKoxok4 months ago

Fun story, thanks for sharing!

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice4 months ago

A familiar story theme, but Moreandmore addes some original twists. On this site, anything original needs to be celebrated. Kudos to you for coming up w/ your creative twist.

lAnatomistelAnatomiste4 months ago

Yes, I read the disclaimer. Still, the story needs some rationale for the way everyone acted.

I'm with Powersworder; the MC needs to ride off into the sunset with a feisty red-head who drives a resto-mod '78 Mustang II.

26thNC26thNC4 months ago

Great story about another idiot wife. Did she actually think she could get away with taking her lover to a football game being taped by her husband? Shots of players family are frequent, and she might be included in another shot nearby. Stupid bitch knew her husband watched every game. I couldn’t figure out if Mrs Marks or Breeze hired some folks to mess up the cheaters. They used some rough folks, because it takes a lot of hate, or a lot of indifference to use a knife on someone. No matter who did it, I love the scarlet letters. Frannie barking at her cheating mother was just a bonus.

tralan69ertralan69er4 months ago

@sbrooks103x

<Sigh> More wasted space on how they met. - It is NOT YOUR story. GET over it.

\

@dmann, "THEIR house." - It was to Teresa marks about Shays car being at her (Teresas) house.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar4 months ago

A nice twist on a LW story. I enjoyed it. 4* from me, and yes I read the preface but pre-whining doesn't eliminate the loss of one star for egregious lack of character development and some other stuff.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Fuckin' A man! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

***** Love It !

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x4 months ago

Hey, TraLaLa, it's not your comment, get over it!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

That was entertainingly different.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A family of assholes, and assholes everywhere else. Probably very real story, but depressing nonetheless. Is it worth reading about, when there is only one mildly amusing element (letting the lovers wife do all the revenge)? The story is well written language-wise, but left me with nothing much but a hollow feeling.

Frank66Frank664 months ago

You don't flesh out your characters, your stories are more like outlines, and you lose interest and just rush to finish the story. Wait a minute- seems like some deja vu going on here...... No, I liked it, short, sweet and to the point. Only question would be why didn't the two painted and slashed cheaters ever squeal on Teresa?

inka2222inka22224 months ago

4.5 stars. Would have been 5 if the author didn't decide on idiotic "let's turn the MC into a monk" in the Epilogue. Also, BTB was ... well, rather no-burger. Yes she was covered in paint which came off, and got a tattoo that clearly came off as well. She made out like bandit in the divorce, and neither kid abandoned her as per the epilogue. So other than the marriage she didn't really value, she didn't lose ANYTHING. At least the other dude got broken legs and presumably got screwed in the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It does lack character development but this one doesn't really need it. For the wife that is. With the exception of their meeting flashback, she is never described as a loving wife. All we see is a bitch so no slut ray here. She just did what bitches do.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What a way to Beat the Bitch, let the guys wife and brother do the A's and cyan ink. (5)

Hubby was not a dumb one. Keep his cool, plot and planed effectively, then executed.

Gossip travels wide and fast, So, the The Bitch and Bastard got the BTB treatment.

I was sad to read some comments that displayed mental challenged thoughts.

Yeah, I going to stay Anonymous; everyone should know I am a reader of LIT and not a AUTHOR

TXanyTXany4 months ago

Wait! What about the necessary meeting between the two jilted spouses? I bet that meeting was (would have been?) an interesting discussion. In most of the other Loving Wives stories, these two end up living together, happily ever after. Would have taken a star away for this omission, but rewarded a star for the great body ink visual. Extra credit for breaking both his legs!

AardieAardie4 months ago

Just curious about how he kept working with the asshole.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree4 months ago

I liked it.

Colorful, logical, funny.

All the nesassary ingredients.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Very thin storyline... felt like someone trying to run a 4 minute mile.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean4 months ago

Contracting out the revenge to the woman scorned is kinda genius

Taskman1961Taskman19614 months ago

LOL, I liked the twist in letting the lover's wife do the heavy lifting. 5 *****

TonyspencerTonyspencer4 months ago

Funny story, enjoyed it enormously.

AmbivalenceAmbivalence4 months ago

"Sometimes bodies are never found. They just disappear. No disputes over custody or alimony."

Her eyes got wide and she shut up.

.

Funny that she apparently didn't take that as the obvious threat that it was intended to be.

To paraphrase: "Fuck with my marriage and I'll do something postal."

She clearly had no reason to be surprised he divorced her, especially when she was taking a lover to a public venue. Can we say "begging to get caught"..?

KenfromIndyKenfromIndy4 months ago

Interesting and quick story! Good read, characters, plot and dialogue. Most of all I was entertained so all boxes checked! For a short story have a good comment number of 96 so must have hit a nerve and 4.27 is definitely a good score!!! Congratulations!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Another one of your perfectly nice outlines.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Beyond confusing as hell.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What an interesting thing that they ever got married in the first place since they have aggressive personalities against each other. 4* from this character.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I have a question. How does one hive4.5 stars? Just wondering'... As to the story, it was pretty much okay. I give it 4 stars.

JPB

NickTeeNickTee4 months ago

Just read it again. I'm seriously going to have to analyze how you do that in so few words

mattenwmattenw4 months ago

This is a really entertaining story. Was fun to read! 5*!

EastCoaster1EastCoaster14 months ago

A five star, fun read !

Just enough tech BS on the GPS systems to carry the plot forward... and revenge by remote control using the boyfriend's wife was inspired, IMHO.

Nicely done !

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...