For a Song Pt. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The black is still in me, swirling as s thin tendril within the vast sea. It will be there always. It will never fade. I knew this. I know this. It will rear up again and I will tame it back down. I have help with that now and that strikes me hard. I don't think I want to give that up.

---

"You're going to pay me for the bed you broke," Kay says with a stern look on his face.

"It was faulty," I sigh, "You know. I know it. There were probably termites or nowoodniks in there. One of us had a broken arm. Do you really think we could break a bed?"

"I think you could break down half the homes here if you had half a mind. Or at least you could, Eliza. You and Gawain would just cheer her on."

Eliza seems pleased at her assessment. Gawain does as well. I, at least, don't disagree with any of it.

Kay's smiling though. It's in the eyes. He can't be mad. Whatever fun we had, he had his own version with a being of pure lust. That does sound like a good way to break some things. And judging from the way he is walking, something is pulled or sore. I don't remark on it. I don't think he could take the shame.

We have a tense moment, as all moments involving money are, but it breaks when he holds open his arms. I fall into it. Strong, he is strong. A fire burning bright, a whole star collapsed into a person. The world quakes when he walks, and it would even do so if he was rail thin. Despite my constant teasing, every muscle is still worked until the peak and then beyond. Eliza might be able to do half, but he could make this entire valley a crater.

"You have a place here," he whispers to me, "Say the word. I need a deputy. Can't be a sheriff without a deputy."

I snicker and clap his back.

"Tempting," I reply, "Still got some wanderlust in me. And regular lust. Got to get that out."

He thumps me and takes most of my wind with it. Fair. I deserve it.

"Tell Mutti 'I love her,'" he says as he pulls us apart.

"I will. I'll also tell her she's a grandma. You're working on that right?" I say. He rolls his eyes, but he doesn't disagree.

Gawain's getting antsy and so's his bird. Eliza's trying to be collected, but the next step is calling. My own bird is seemingly more interested in the scrub on the side of the path. It pulls a snake out of the grass and slams it against the ground. I don't know if I should thank it or not. But that's a situation for later.

Kay sees us off with a tip of his hat and I have to admit, he makes it work. He turns away first, spurs sharp and shiny, leather tight and crisp. I smile and feel an odd pang in my heart. We're parting again and I don't know when our paths will cross once more.

"We'll see you again," Eliza calls after him, half a question, half an order.

Kaydod Verlaine sticks up his hand and gives a jovial wave. That's the best we're going to get and that's all I need. I have an open sky over me and a long road ahead of me. That's something precious.