All Comments on '"For Better or Worse!"'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 317 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Give me a break

his wife had her shirt out and was disheveled and he went and let the guy lie to his wife and never kicked his ass and exposed the lie after the guy got his wife to cheat. Totally unrealistic. I was overly generous with 2 stars.

carvohicarvohiabout 8 years agoAuthor
To commenter "Give me a break"...

Sorry you wrote a comment; I did't get your name. Maybe you didn't read the story; Harry had never been in a fight, not in his whole life, why would he start something at forty-one? Harry's a law and order guy; he's not a bar room brawler. Now YOU give me a break!

Jedd Clampett

rnebularrnebularabout 8 years ago
Good story, nice deep characters

Your characters had a lot of depth for a 4 page story. Overall, I can understand and even agree with the way hubby handled the situation. Being married myself, I know that there really is no black and white in most situations, only a Lot of grey. I think if she had gone further, and real feelings had developed, the outcome should have been vastly different. Good story, thanks!

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 8 years ago
*****

Well wrapped story. Great stuff.

Thx

dissmissdissmissalmost 8 years ago
caught just in time

On the one hand I think this couple were in a bit of a rut, but on the other, with all her church work, she must have realised she was on the verge of cheating.

I would have liked to have seen some kind of response from the other wife regarding her husbands attempt at playing away.

Good story, easy to follow, rolls along nicely ...... 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Just read it again.

Gave it a 5.

I had a real problem with him not getting more physical with Melrose but it was true to his character.

I believe he would fight if he had to. He was a very strong man and certainly no wimp.

I am far more physical and have been in many fights but I can appreciate the differences in all of us.

I have a very good friend that has never been in a fight. He taught me tennis and I taught him how to counterpunch.

His wife cheated on him with a really tough guy. They reconciled but I helped out with the asshole she was cheating with.

My friend is a very good and strong man who has helped me tremendously where I have weaknesses. He is no wimp but is gifted differently than I.

carvohicarvohialmost 8 years agoAuthor
To just read it again...

I'm a Vietnam veteran. I saw my share, and I'll say this. It's not the big tough throw their weight around guys you want with you when it gets scary, just as often it's the less aggressive, the not so macho, who are the dependable ones. I've read some history and Stephen Ambrose, though a plagiarizer, and McCullough, a Civil War writer have said the same thing.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that was my experience.

Jedd Clampett

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
story idea

Serial cheating wifevin Helena Montana

Somedetailsof her adultery and numerous affairs Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com. female college student ciuerced by feake instructor. Lots of betrayal, cruelty, kinky, willing cuckold and retribution

Blackwidow tattovC cupnimplants sexuall coerceion, slander

Perverted sec...instructor begged for her clitorid to be urinstedbon...she engage in unrequedtefbanalingus---lingeron thatvtask her whole family know motherhasvtoldson- in - law to divorcbthebSLUT. SEEMED HER AUNT CAUGHT HERDRYHUMPING SOMEGUY IN TWODOT MONTANA andrepeated thos couplings quute often. For student has sex photosva n cybersexims

Gave them tofrien and college admin. She lost that job but botbsure whose post Facebook updates for dearbornmt@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Real

No he's not a real wimp. She didn't really commit complete adultery. She also didn't pay any real consequences. The boyfriend didn' pay any real consequences. And so i conclude this story is not real, failing to provide any real entertainment, any real moral, or especially any real cathartic relief.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
reading my own

same thing happened to me with my wife. she always swore there was never any actual penetration. well my wife died five years ago. she knew she was going to die when the Dr told her there was nothing that could be done for her. It was then she decided she could lie to me no more. our son had been dead for over fifteen years when she confessed he wasn't my son. He was conceived by the man I caught her holding hands with walking towards our car.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Just Read Again, Too

This is just so darned real.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
real? fuck no, it's depressing

A real man can get over shit. This gutless egotistical (i suspect mirror image of the writer) can't!

What a moronic , moralistic, self-righteous treatment of a subject that a talented writer would struggle to make interesting except to a few of this writer's fellow sufferers.

Hate this sort of story ....fuck off you moralistic revenge dealing fantasy fuckers............ 'Loving wives'? no. "sad fucks"? yes!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A great slice of life...

the real problem out there is the husband NEVER finds out. about an affair and in some cases a child he is raising is NOT his... Look at the percentage of this being the case.. Too many times the husband does not pull the trigger and kick her butt out the door... this is way too close to home....I do thank you for this presentation. a solid 5

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 7 years ago
Anony 8/28/16

Keeping with your tirade, you're just an asshole. Admit it.

bachgenbachdrwgbachgenbachdrwgover 7 years ago
Puzzled

the tale is set in a smallish town with a strong church connection. The church, its teachings, its strictures appears to resonate strongly. People appear to apply them in their daily lives. Her mother said, "There have been rumours."??? Really??? So, in a community which apparently lives its daily life around the church; where the teachings inform the members how they should conduct themselves didn't anyone have a word to the wise??? Even their family didn't intercede!! Harry, for a man who was supposedly a teacher, seemed to have not developed particularly good communication skills. Nor observational ones. Not overly impressed so no more than a 3.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
well

Excellent writing as usual.

A very sad story.

She drifted into cheating so easily, and for no real reward.

If risking her family was that easy, did she really love him or them all that much?

I liked it, but didnt see enough pain or remorse on her part to justify forgiveness.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Re-Reading

“There've been rumors” – Her mother had heard rumors and didn’t slap her upside the head and tell her to knock it the fuck off?

It’s always “she never had time for herself;” well, what time did he have for HIMself?

“Besides she has a right to know. I've got a hunch Mr. Melrose might fancy himself as something of a player.” – Who knows, maybe that’s why they left Richmond!

LOL, she’s upset that she wasn’t missed at church, that things rolled merrily along without her!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Guy walks in on his wife and another guy...

...and walks out? What a pussy...lol.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 7 years ago
Thanks for sharing your story telling skills..and...

....you deserve the greatest of compliments. It's the "Wild West" in the comment section...and fools who criticize "anonymously" are the worst. You are are skilled writer who accolades. Keep Smiling!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
forgiveness

It is not wrong to forgive in this case.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Didn't like it!

You start the story with him being nice but tough! Then he sees his wife and Melrose and just walks out....REALLY????!!!!! Suddenly you turn this tough guy into a real ass-wipe, wimpish pussy! He takes out his anger on his wife but not Melrose????

Story should have read, that he walked in on them, saw what was going on and cleaned Melstose's clock! Now continue the story with the aftermath!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Naive wife

Melrose said he respected her husband, really a lie else he wouldn't go on and try to seduce the wife. Her husband arrived in time in time before sex really got under way but what really hurt he husband was the destruction of his trust in her. I would have had the same problem.

Anyway enjoyed the story gave it FIVE STARS.

EzrollinEzrollinabout 7 years ago
Thumbs up!

Obviously, you can't please everyone so don't try. I will tell you that this is one of the better stories of it's type that I've read. No, not highly erotic but it held my attention thru out. Your style is unique and the story was well written. I think it deserves a higher rating so I'm giving it five stars...something I rarely do. I will definitely check out some of your other stories.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Reviewing Comments

One person commented on his "inability to cope." Well, boo hoo! SHE couldn't cope with his not complimenting her enough. The "Church" has little to do with it. I'm an atheist and have little tolerance for cheaters!

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
#2 NO MATTER WHAT

the better or worse is here forever and a day, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thanks!!!!

I sure hope all the super negative commenters are as perfect as they think everyone else should be. She screwed up, was drawn into bad decisions, he truly saved her from herself.

His family was stronger, and ultimately better off from the experience. He put the right people first, and became a better person, parent, husband.

We should all be so lucky to be able to come back from the brink.

mrole

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good Job!

I did go ahead and give you a five. I think it is reality in a relationship that anyone can cheat if put in a position too. A simple military analogy, we have to keep our defenses up and get it right every second of every day 365 days a year. A terrorist only has to get it right once.

If you don't work everyday to keep your relationship (both involved) solid. It only takes a moment of vulnerability to think the wrong things and for someone to worm their way in.

Everyone can be a cheater. So yea I don't believe in once a cheat always a cheat.

Good Job!

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 7 years ago
JUST AS GOOD SECOND TIME AROUND!

Just finished my second reading of a very good story. I left a long comment a few years back, but still couldn’t resist another. To me, you cobbled a together a first class tale that a 5 can’t do justice. Many gave comments that were good, but had you followed most of them you’d have a completely different story—and that wouldn’t have been bad either.

All readers should remember that a lump of clay, in the hands of a master, can be turned into a beautiful pitcher or that same clay can become a perfect vase. It all depends on the master’s hands and skill. The same is true of the 26 letters we call the alphabet; they have been sliced and diced to create every story to appear in English language print.

Re: To those pitiful souls who brag about what they would have one: If you aren’t full of bullshit, your graveyard must be getting full. Every thinking person who reads your words know you are either a fraud, a jailbird, or now a lonely old man. One thing is for sure, if you can't find it in your heart to forgive, you won't find it in your heart to truly love. Am I saying completely forgive in every case? No. But if you drag hate around with you day in and day out love won't flourish either. In real life it depends of the circumstances and in fiction it also depend on the story and background the author has set up.

As carvohi said in a comment here, Harry had never been in a fight in his life. For him to go Rambo on the other man would have been completely out of character. All should remember, Harry is carvohi’s creation. He molded him into a vase, not a pitcher, or an everyday coffee mug. Why don’t some of you who love to pop off about what you would have done, write your own story with your characters acting just like you brag about. I suspect it would be a damn good story, but you must be sure to frame it that way from the very first.

If you really don’t feel capable of writing, do like many others have done; contact myself or one of the other writers, who have balls enough to put our work out there to be ripped to shreds by those who do nothing but hide under the cloak of anonymity . You’ll get credit for the idea; of course you’ll need a user name. In my case, several didn’t want public credit. Guess they were sure I’d screw things up. And judging from your scores, I might have.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

No matter how many times you read the story, the wife cheated and showed she could not hand as a mother.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

One smart guy. Though I think they needed so see a professional for the whole family's sake.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1*

illiterate cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Hey Knuckleheads

That would be all of you folks that don't know the difference between a "Wimp" and a "Cockold". You really should spare us your ignorant comments !!

By the way I give the story a 3 because I don't care much for wimps and I certainly don't give a shit about cuckolds.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I wish

There were minus numbers. The night he puked on the floor why did no one clean it up?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Gorgeous writing. It's hard to nail down my favorite passages, so I'll just jump in... Anything trauma related - blew me away. I could really feel his confusion, his heartbreak, his anger and his despair. Also the feelings of guilt, jealousy, and enadequacy felt very raw and real - told in such an exquisite way. My heart broke for him until the end. The loss had shifted about the betrayal. I was deeply moved by the lead character and wish there was even more time with him. The detailed descriptions of his memories, everything they'd shared - the house and the what was left of life between them was exceptionally good.

lonelypappalonelypappaalmost 7 years ago
WOW FOR ALL THIS NEGATIVE BULLSHIT

I JUST WANT TO KNOW THESE PEOPLE WITH THIS CUCK SHIT...SHE WAS LONELY AND FELT LIKE SHE WASNT LOVED BUT AFTER A WHILE MARRIAGE DOES GET THAT WAY......TAKE IT FROM ME I WAS MARRIED FOR 34 YRS AND MY WIFE AND I WERE THE SAME WAY IT WAS THE KIDS WORK AND WHEN THERE WAS TIME WE MADE LOVE.......BUT ONE NIGHT BEFORE MY WIFE LEFT FOR WORK WE HAD A ARGUEMENT THE NEXT DAY I LEFT FOR WORK AND I GOT A CALL AT WORK IT WAS MY KIDS THEY SAID MOM IS SICK I CAME HOME AND MY LOVING WIFE WAS ON THE FLOOR SHE HAD SUFFERED A CLEBRAL HEMMORAGE IN HER BRAIN A STROKE SHE SURVIVED BUT THERE WERE COMPLICATIONS SHE THREW A CLOT IN HER LEFT ARM AND SHE LOST HER ARM ABOVE HER ELBOW.....WELL 4YRS LATER I BURIED HER BUT I STILL REMEMBER THAT LAST NIGHT BEFORE HER STROKE I STILL FEEL LIKE SHIT....BUT I JUST WANT TO SAY.......LISTEN TO THAT NEW SONG BY TIM MCGRAW AND HIS WIFE FAITH HILL........ABOUT HOW TO TREAT YOUR WIFE YOUR WOMAN PAY ATTENTION AND LOVE HER......SHE WONT NEED TO STRAY FOR LOVE AND AFFECTION.......AND IM LEAVING WITH THIS ONE LAST NOTE......FOR ALL GUYS THAT CALL WOMAN SLUTS AND WHORES.......WHEN A GUY FUCKS A WOMAN AND SHE LOVES IT AND NEEDS LOVE AND AFFECTION......SHE IS CALLED A SLUT OR A WHORE........BUT IF A GUY GOESAND FUCKS THESE WOMAN HE IS CALLED A STUD.......WELL GUYS THINK ABOUT YOUR DOUBLE STANDARDS.....OH AND GENTLEMAN WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU GUYS TOOK YOUR WIFE FOR GRANTED AND BOUGHT HER FLOWERS CANDY OR WHATEVER AND TOLD HER YOU LOVE HER........LOL......MAKE SURE SHE ISNT STRAYING HAH GUYS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
wimp cluck author

And for you who support this kind of trash...kiss my ass.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1* should have divorced

enjoy 2nd hand snatch .

thats all the protagonist is ever going to get from now on .

not a fan of forgiving the whore .

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funalmost 7 years ago
Definitely a 5

Excellent writing, carvohi; Interesting description on how a partner can be led astray, and very realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I can see both points of view.

She definetly cheated on him and had to do very little heavy lifting to save her marriage. That's the part I don't really like. What lead her to cheat is still there and she didn't do any soul searching trying to figure it out what it was. This for me is the weakest part of the story.

I can understand the husband point of view. It's well written. It think he should have set some rules, and maybe do some marriage counseling. They were obviously having issues as a couple even before she cheated. Of course, their issues don't justify the cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Trust

You always reconcile. That's your MO. That's fine. She swore she never went all the way. I personally didn't believe her. But , that isn't why I would have divorced her. And , I definitely would have divorced her. He listened to her but didn't hear . She described to her husband what kind of man Kevin was. That was her ideal man. That is who she fantacised about. He wasn't any of those fantasies. Not one. She didn't really love him , she settled. No thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
one of your better stories

good story, interesting, enjoyable to read

jtaylor

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Indiscretion

A husband and wife lost their way with too busy lives, and the local Lothario / pussy hound saw his chance to add another pussy to his list but they got caught in time. The couple changed their life style to work on their marriage, full trust will take awhile.

Enjoyed the story keep writing.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 6 years ago
5*

nice to read an "almost" story now and again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
*3 Well Edited

If it weren't so well written and edited it would get a lower score.

Carvohi's stories are always well written but not always well thought out and they always lack passion. There is never any true anger.

The offended hubby always has the gut wrenching pain caused by the betrayal, and the writer usually has them mouthing words of condemnation for the wife. The writer will sometimes go as far as he did in this story of having the husband define exactly what breaking marriage vows mean, "lusting in your heart is the same as performing the act" and is just cause for ending the marriage. But somehow his hubbys always seem to suddenly become very understanding and exhibit "Burl Ives" type folk wisdom and concern for everyone else in the family and they begin self examination to figure out what THEY did wrong to cause their wife to fall into the arms of another man.

By the way, she lied to the hubby when he asked her who the puss hound was and continued carrying on with the guy afterward. If hubby hadn't shown up she would have been spread out on the couch receiving a special communion. Then she defended the guy and put down the hubby !

Marriage - FINITO !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I AGREE

With the earlier anonymous comment about "TRUST". The fact is the wife clearly was never really sorry for the pain she caused her husband. Instead she extolled the seducers virtues which made it clear, to me at least, that she really had a thing for him and would have fucked him soon if hubby hadn't caught them. That is if she hadn't already done so. Which I believe she had fucked him and lied.

I absolutely agree with the other comments that she could not be trusted in the future. I would go as far as to say the same guy could probably seduce her a second time. She was that hot for him.

The only way a wimp husband like Harry would have a chance to keep this woman straight would have to demand some mandatory family counseling after the separation and then the chances would be 50/50.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Low Self Esteem UGH

The writer either has a low sense of self esteem or an overly inflated one. Certainly not normal (somewhere in the middle).

His hubby characters are definitely an example of this condition. Wimpy.

The wife was only sorry about being caught. She heaps denigration onto the poor husband and obviously has no real remorse. Probably will do it again in the future.

Great writing, just an unhappy message 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Story

Sorry for the commenters who clearly have never had a successful long term relationship. I think, in real life, she'd need more external help and that it would be to really figure out her own desire for validation that got her there.

Second time read. Well told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Onne of the best

5*

Yes, it was fun to read. Equally as fun as the following comments. It seems if a character in a story reacts differently than the reader would have reacted then...then the story is false. The whole point to LW stories is to see how characters react to bad events and situations. I thank the authors of these stories for letting me vicariously live through outrageous events and heart warming moments. Thank you, Carvohi, for a fun morning.

tennesseeredtennesseeredabout 6 years ago
Regarding the comments...

What strikes me most reading a story such as this, in which the narrator is cheated on by his wife but somehow manages to forgive her and save his marriage and family, are the male commenters who declare if THEY were in this same situation, THEY would throw their wife out and wreck their family. They prefer desolation, destruction, and a bleaker future for their children over what the narrator managed to accomplish, which is keep his wife, save his marriage, and improve his children's happiness and chances of success in life. Brings to mind the Robert Cray song, "Guess I Showed Her".

ChuckEPooChuckEPooabout 6 years ago
Sad but well written

If what she said about hubby not paying her any attention is true, I can understand why she was vulnerable and ripe for picking. That doesn’t justify cheating but it was a wake up call. Marriage is more than vows and contracts. He worked a lot harder at his job than his marriage. I learned that truth the hard way. We were ready to call it quits before we got couples therapy. We ended up fighting to save our marriage and saved our relationship.

Great writing. 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
NICE,

NICE ENJOYABLE EASY READ, GROWN UP VIEW RATHER THAN THE MORE THAN USUAL BTB THAT SOME MORONS CANT LIVE WITHOUT, JUST5*****.

l_bentonl_bentonabout 6 years ago
yes thank you for giving me hope

i love stories that a married couple can make up and grow on with each other even through a bitterly horad mistake.

thank you

l_benton@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Charming.

I too, never understand the stories where the spouse has an opportunity to prevent cheating, but doesn't.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Anon of 11/25/15 Commented. . .

Where the heck is FinishTheDamnStory's conclusion to "Revelations"? It wan't in FTDS's list of stories in 2015, and it's not there now in 2018!

Perhaps Carvoli can tell us all where he found the conclusion?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Not paying her any attention?... He built her a fucking gazebo... Lol

-jaye-

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
You have a problem carvohi!

It is a problem that your opinion transfers to your characters.

I don't have issue with couples making up their differences, but there is a BUT!

One has to be honest about them self's if it is to work.

Her defending him to her husband is a deal breaker.

You see... good guys don't kiss and feel somebody's wife, only assholes do!

On top of that we are talking about God fearing people... not much of that, are they?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
The Tip(s) of the Iceberg

Shit,the guy's playing with her tits as the husband walks in and he eventually thinks it's all going to be OK? She'll just hide it better the next time! ~ How does he know that she swallowed the worm or played Hide the Salami?! ~ Always have to be careful of those overly religious types.They think their commitment to church/God excuses their sins of the flesh. ~ Bottom line,hubby is one dumb cuck!

0zed0zedalmost 6 years ago
Pretty Lame!

What a wimp! This story made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Good 5 *

I see the normal negative responses from people who could not read through a fiction plot story. I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Really

I liked the personality of the husband, that is until he turned into a wimp at the church, and a bumbling idiot after that. The story could of been so much more from dragging her ass to the pastor and then taking her to the hospital where her boyfriends wife was to slap the shit out of her, and alot more emotional upheaval in between. Then if you must, someway beyond all normal odds they made their disfunctional marriage work?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The lavender?

Did he not smell lavender in their bedroom and in their bed? If true, that would mean Melrose had been in their bedroom.

bgl35bgl35over 5 years ago
Great story

Loved the story keep writing thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hogwash

It did sound realistic as a plot but the dialogs are fake and sanctimonious. The whole plot does not deserve a story of such length. 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
i just wish

it wasn't a man's fault

every woman caught cheating seems to blame the husband. even if she own up to her actions, it's always barely. like this story. "he paid me compliments, he spent time with me, and you don't."

I'm sorry, how is that the husband's fault? Doesn't she have a mouth, thumbs, a working brain? Is she unable to voice her concerns to him? Why is it that society coddles women so much, that they think this babble works? CHILDREN act out to get attention, or avoid communication in favor of doing whatever pleases their ID.

If women want actual respect, ya'll need to step up your game. Right now in society men are not only responsible for everything they do, but everything a woman does. Sure, a woman has POWER, and AUTHORITY, but she runs and hides when it comes to RESPONSIBILITY.

I can respect a little child more right now that sulks and accepts a punishment for a broken window more than some cheating wife that says, "you don't give me enough attention"

King_WillieKing_Willieover 5 years ago
I wonder...

It's an excellent story, no doubt about it and I enjoyed it immensely.

But it makes me think...

Wasn't it convenient that the protagonist cut it in the bud just in the nick of time?

What if he had arrived too late?

Like, one or two months too late?

What if they'd already done it and were doing it regularly?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Forgive, Maybe

Well written! Over time it could be possible for Harry to forgive Joyce for cheating with Kevin. She didn't screw Kevin but just letting him kiss, grope, and fondle her was cheating. If she didn't think it was cheating she would not have felt the need to hide her actions from her husband. The idea that it was Harry's fault that he didn't provide her the emotional support she needed is absurd. She wanted and had control of her family life. She set the schedules and directed where and when things were to be done. If Harry didn't say the things she needed to hear it was partially her fault. For Harry to forget and trust her will probably never happen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
There's none so blind as those who refuse to see....

To believe that his wife wasn't fucking Kevin Melrose all along, makes our Hero into a dumb cuckold. She's as sleek as a freshly fucked fox in a forest fire. Even her mother knew she'd been fucking him for quiet a while. The entire church Congregation also knew. His son knew and clued him in with the question about the car. The Husband is always the last to know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The writing is good...

...the outcome, and the way things unfolded is probably pretty realistic, but for sheer entertainment i would have liked to see some chaos, beat up boyfriend, back his truck into the viper, throw out the wife etc... but thats just me. Thanx!

Loklie

EzrollinEzrollinover 5 years ago
not erotic but who cares...a great story!

I read this story when I first discovered Literotica. I can't remember if I rated it or not but I'm giving it a five. This story only had a hint of sex but held my interest through out. Well written, good flow and a very believable story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Good story with a bad ending. Two adulterers got off way too easy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Tough until the end

Then he cuck’ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A bit tame at the end.

Would have liked it better if the “other” guy had got punched out. That’s what I did when I caught my cheating wife. Made me feel good too.

KRD19254KRD19254over 5 years ago

My concern is will he ever be the perfect husband/lover that Melrose was?

She has already committed a grievous emotional CHEAT her vivid description of her seduction never really brought about remorse - she remained dreaming. She ONLY acquiesced do to her environment/community-church expectations and the pressure via embarrassment of her continued CHEATING would cause the family.

She may have grown up rather sheltered but he went away to college and she never dated while he was gone?

Sorry but the BS stink factor is just a lil to strong in this story even as well written as it is. So does the husband now have a submissive to keep him from looking? 4*

ErotFanErotFanover 5 years ago
This was _some_ "quickie."

Your character portrayals were spot on for husband and wife; especially for Harry. You know what kind of guy Harry is early on. We need to infer quite a bit about Joyce, but given Harry's down-to-earth persona we can spill some of that over to her. At least I did. The children seemed a bit too mature for their ages, perhaps closer to early 20's, but they served their purpose well in the story, as did Joyce's parents.

The story, from the discovery to conclusion, was totally consistent with the character portrayals. Putting the reconciliation in the Epilog is where it belongs.

From a story construction standpoint, this was a _high_ five. I could have said more about your attention to detail and nuance but I'm basically a lazy person and typing is cumbersome for me. I will add it to my favorites and, I believe I may eventually add you to favorite authors - after I read more of your offerings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story

I think the wife is looming for something better as all women do. The husband made his choice for better or worse but he was content with his decision. I myself let my pride run my emotions so I would have dumped her but this guy is different. In the real world I would wish him luck!.

SkubabillSkubabillover 5 years ago
Good Story

This was a fun read. I'm going to read more of this author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Jealousy is Hate

Well written story but one of the worst sick jealous and immature one I ever read!

WakeupnowWakeupnowabout 5 years ago
Finally a realistic story about infidelity

Thank you for a realistic viewpoint on this situation.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
An excellent story. 5*****

This falls about as close to reality as anything I've read here. I don't understand the willingness to cheat, or to lie to herself about it. That's simply beyond my understanding. The healing seemed true to life. Thanks for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Typical Of the Religious Sect.

If they are not molesting young boys at the alter they facilitate the perversion of their “believers”. Never hear of this from muslims.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Anonymous 01/23/19

lets put that to the test, give us your address and a bunch of us will come over and fuck your wife,

You can then show us how not to hate by forgiving her just in time for us all to fuck her again

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Maudlin..

Rationalizing her behavior in part because he wasn't attentive enough was offensive. In any marriage with children time and energy are limited. Both parents have to prioritize things other than themselves while the children are home. If you can do all that and provide a living AND maintain a high level of "romance", you don't live in the real world. As for those who write that the story is "realistic", by whose standard? I do know that the husband character reflects the stock LW weak husband character in so many stories...he finds his wife at least making out with the Lavender Faggot, and the husband is paralyzed, he can think what to say, he apologizes and leaves. What horseshit. Given who the character is (construction) and what any normal male would do, the character becomes ridiculous at that point. Any man who lives life outside of, say, a faculty lounge or hairdressing salon, would have beaten the crap out of Morrison. Instead, the husband suddenly becomes a gelding, a contemptible capon.

BTW, one of usual rationales LW authors use for having the husband cuck out is that kicking the guy's ass "isn't worth spending time in jail for" is nonsense. Jail time for first offense simple assault, assuming the ass kickee tries to bring charages? Just stupid...stupid like so many other factual things in LW stories authors get hilariously wrong (female anatomy has proven a fertile area for howlers). Carvohi does commit these errors in this story, but as long as I'm bitching about LW authors and their reliance on cliches and inaccuracies, I couldn't resist throwing that in.

Carvohi gets a lot of positive comments on this story, and I'm sure it's because he writes so well, but, at least in this case, the plotting is weak.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Bitch about lw

The ideas that lw stories bring to the table is passion. Love and hate are all about passion. The love and hate are two side of the same coin. If you have one, you have an equal measure for the other. The stories in lw are all about that. You have love that has grown for years, but with a betrayal it becomes hate. How does one get around that. The love you once had that made you a stronger soul, is now shattered. It's beyond repair, you can gather the pieces up and carry on, but it will never be the same.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Great story

I enjoyed this one a lot. I've known a couple of snakes like Melrose at church. One was an associate pastor. Two broken marriages and almost a broken church resulted from his actions. Good, very real story.

RedWRX2019RedWRX2019almost 5 years ago

Nice story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
go out with the girls?

So when he has his wife take her time out living with her parents his suggestion to help fix things is that she should start doing girls night out? Really? That is the last thing she should do if he wants to reconcile.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Well

At least this was his own decision as opposed to A Simple Case where he got bullied and manipulated into taking her back

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Felt very real.

For every ninja-commando-spy-multimilliondollar-BTB story out there, there are probably 50,000 real life stories that end this way.

I still feel real uneasy though.

It still feels to me like your protagonist has slipped into another dimension for some reason.

I suppose it's my own anxiety, when looking for the antagonist to get dropped into a 44 gallon drum and shipped to Mexico where he became the headline show for a particular audience that have a penchant for entitled, slick, middle-American males and aggressive donkeys.

Ah well. There are plenty of those stories around still.

Not into reconciliation much, but I do appreciate that for this story, it was the braver path for hubby, and the harder task.

Nice to read something a bit different.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Melrose's Wife Knew

What he was like, how many other churches had they been members of? He Used to be a Deacon, why do you suppose that was past tense? He was way, way to smooth for it to be the first time, even his reaction when they showed up at his home was practiced. Everything considered a calm way of handling the situation and a very real story. I tried it like this once, it didn't work out this way though... In this case it took at least seven people to make it happen. Sooner or later Melrose will run afoul of the wrong folks and the outcome will be slightly different. They're much more aware now of many of the little things in a relationship. Well crafted story, I'm always up for a Rec story when it fits she wasn't a bad person just naive. I'll be reading more as time permits. Signed: BTW

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
could only muster up a 3

what gets me is, the guys is always a master seducer, but the woman the husband cheats with is just a slut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
anno

I finished with tears in my eyes!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I Know You Can do better

I have yet to finish My story .. Sadly most of it is true .. I have always hated the stories where the Husband Loves watching Other guys with his Wife ... Trust Me I took My Vows very seriously .. Sadly She did not . I did not beat him up I thanked him .. Otherwise I would still be married to the Cheating Cow ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I Wish

I wish my wife and mine union had ended that way. By the time I found out about her cheating it had been a lot deeper and even though I was willing to forgive she wanted her freedom to fool around but wanted to stay together but I couldn't go for that so we divorced.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

This should have stayed as a draft. Nothing of any value to read here.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Huedogg2 said it for me

Only further she cheated as he said mentally counts

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
WTF

Are you writing for readers digest?? We don’t come to this site for that smut!! Write some provocative erotic story—— or go read a bedtime story to your granny!!! I kept reading—- waiting for the twist. Where you finally relented and passed her around the congregation on a Sunday morning!!!!

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Read again doing it a lot

Other major point

He suspects her of cheating

Weeks later catches no hesitation confrontation and then freezes up and later gets sick etc??!!

No sense

Problem confront and resolve.

Written as that type but then all wimped out

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Long winded boring crap. Why are so many of the 'husbands' in stories on this site wimpy dumbasses?

KaripetKaripetalmost 4 years ago

I actually enjoyed the story right up until the point that the husband suggested that she date while living with her parents. I can't see any sane and healthy man who had this man's reaction to his wife cheating on him then turning around and doing such a thing. I get your logic behind his suggestion, I just don't buy it when his trust in her has already been rocked.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The aspect of her dating is bullshit!

First everyone in the church who saw this would think that he was a cuckold! Why would a husband want us wife to date and make out! Also the wife would think that he wanted her to make out with other men. The entire concept is bullshit!

As for Melrose, he is a sexual predator who will always find vulnerable women and then seduce them. They should have told the Pastor who would then put out the word to all of the other Pastors that Melrose should be banned from their churches. Most Southern boys would have taken Melrose out into the swamp and fed him to the alligators.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous