All Comments on '"For Better or Worse!"'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 317 Comments (Page 4)
NoBullAlNoBullAl8 months ago

Not a bad story overall but still with a loving, trusting husband that ends up with the short end of the stick!! Sure take her back, and keep her because of the kids, but find yourself a new woman that you can hope has a higher moral compass. When the youngest is out of the house pull the pin and get rid of the bitch!! In the meantime remember that “CHEATERS ALWAYS CHEAT” a that Ronald Reagan was right “TRUST BUT VERIFY”!!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The story flowed well but I would have loved to see Kevin get his... His wife, I feel sorry for her and Joyce has run out of chances? You know what really makes me so What? are all the stories that feature women who seem so clueless when they describe what happened and how they felt... Also how the lack of communication about the triggers seem to belie how a wife or husband just slugs along without a conversation...TFS

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A charming little story. For me, he hit the nail on the head at the end, it's about trust. If I was the MC, I could not deal with that uncertainty. Maybe he's a better man, but for me, I'd be done.

deependerdeepender6 months ago

Well done. A living description of the family that many of us grew up in. You can tell from the reaction of their children that the couple did it right. The excuses, the situations, the opportunities for a spouse to lose his/her way are without bound. Setting it in the church with everyone watching and doing nothing was wonderful. Each character stayed true to him/herself. Good to see this couple make it through.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

All Joyce does is praise another man. She sings his praises about how gentle and nice he is rubbing it in her husband's face. What husband wants a wife who thinks another man is so much better

RePhilRePhil4 months ago

What a terrible way to live. You have succeeded in generating a great deal of pity for that poor husband. Such a waste of a good man. Maybe you can bring him back in another story so he can win this time. Great writing as usual. Always a fan (to your displeasure I’m sure hahaha

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

what a fool she got away with it

oldpantythiefoldpantythief3 months ago

A really good story. I liked how Harry was able to show Joyce how the shithead had groomed her. Like Harry said, shithead knew how to push all the right buttons. Too bad that she let the snake into her life, but they are everywhere. Should Harry have taken her back, in this case I think there was something worth salvaging. Like the MC said, it would never be the same, but in the long run it was something they both could work on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Made me think of the serpent in the Garden of Eden!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Great, realistic tale. This actually played out almost verbatim in my parent's church when I was a teenager. The small church, like many, became a little fiefdom for egotism and narcissism . The lead soprano and lead tenor, both married to others, were caught red-handed in the sanctuary..... i love hypocrisy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Mc: [I didn't think I'd caved, but I think I might have caved.]

=====> Hehe. He caved. But it worked out. Liked the President Carter quote. For all that people bashed his administration, we (as in America) have not had a President since then with remotely the same moral fiber. It just isn't close. Sad. Good story. Realistic. Well written. Good to see the slow deconstruction of her illusion of Kevin the Snake, and her realization that she wad being played by a player. Husband had a point, that she never had any armor develop against a seducer. Her life had been sheltered and at times seemed too constraining and too hectic. Doesn't excuse what she did and almost did but it does lend credence as to why she did it and why she was vulnerable. Honestly for a guy in a small town with a "rough" exterior, he was quite wise. I didn't mind him telling the kids. Bit early and abrupt but they were old enough also. It certainly altered the tenor of their conversation. Liked also how he blew up her "things" argument. He did get lucky catching them as soon as he did. Another week or two and she would have fallen. Seeing her mom helped I am sure. The MIL supported both her daughter and her son in law but also knew people in the community were observing things and rumors were swirling. Glad they worked it out. Clearly was a shock to her at first. She was on the knifes edge. But things changed for her when she saw Kevin lie to his wife. 5 blazing stars for the complexity and the characters. Really enjoyed thr husband.

bigurnbigurnabout 2 months ago

Once again, what an idiot! So, the slut and the asshole go on with no actual repercussions... And the idiot says ; Duh, it's OK... No big deal. 3 Stars, just for your efforts.

ArdieffArdieffabout 2 months ago

The local church as prism for human relationships...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A solid four stars.BTW, did you intentionally pack all those clothes into the last paragraph? Almost a masterpiece of chlichedom. But that's just me

JPB NOT BOB

MarkTwineMarkTwineabout 1 month ago

By making your characters religious people, it’s believable that they could be so stupid and gullible. The slut was definitely heading toward some strange dick. Lucky for her the husband was a stupid cuckold.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

I agree with MarkTwine. Religious people are so stupid. That REVEREND Sri Issac Newton was one dumb MFer. I mean, who needs physics, am I right?

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

Excellent story and I think this is a happy ending without violence or serious payback where the hubby usually gets in trouble with the Law. Great job, Carvohi

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous