All Comments on 'For Every Rule There's An Exception'

by GrassIsGreener

Sort by:
  • 88 Comments
WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 3 years ago

Oh boo fucking hoo. His wife cheated and rather than making a decision, he waffles until he decides to divorce her.

If he didn’t want a divorce then why suggest it? He says he needed her to take charge; but how? He never gave her a chance and when she literally made him an offer, he refused it.

So he can go fuck himself. The only person he made miserable was himself and he deserves to die alone and buried in an innarked grave. Forgotten and invisible, just like he was his entire life.

Fucking Pansy.

Baldy74Baldy74about 3 years ago

What a sad individual he turned out to be. He did the right thing in his marriage, her anger at him and the way she treated him was something nobody should have to put up with. And then as a rich successful man he spends 30 years being sad and pathetic. Millions of women he could meet and love but he'd rather pine for someone who treated him like dirt!

angelofaionangelofaionabout 3 years ago

Make a part 2 pls. Perhaps you can tell the story out of the wifes perspective from the divorce and Tell her feelings about the cheating, divorce, the 30 years and the following events after the call.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The writing was OK but not great. In some areas it felt choppy and clinical. I can understand him not wanting get burned again. She could have cheated over and over and her mean streak was bad. I also see her moving on. Maybe she did or din't love Arthur but she wanted a life. My issue is that the MC didn't ever really try to find happiness. I seriously cannot believe that there wasn't another "faithful" Sandy out there for him. He just chose not to look.

However, with his attitude, if he connects back with Sandy someday he will wake up and think that she once again wins. She had him first, had her NYC fling, had a new husband and family, and not gets her ex back. All the while he was the loser. He got cheated on, got divorced, had NOTHING for 30 years, now gets his ex, Georges slut, and Arthur's leftover. Why bother?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

one of the most pathetic characters ever on literotica.....i hope sandy tells him to go fuck himslef!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What bullshit.

get out of disney world.

Millions of women around the world, but none for him.

Gone are the days of charming princes and princesses.

even if it's different, the guy should have rebuilt his life even without remarrying. Frankly it's nonsense to stay and wait when he doesn't want her anymore then when she is married.

Everything is written to make the husband responsible, the peuvre all the remarks he takes.

Ultimately by reading between the lines, you missed your intention to make him the lone loser in history.

What then do you think of a woman locked in a 28-year marriage when she is in love with another?

Not great either this love at a discount.

GarySmith69GarySmith69about 3 years ago

Wow that had everything a cheating wife story should. Every box was ticked apart from a creampie, i don't think that happened. Im an okd romantic so i can see them getting back together and trying again after seeing shrinks. But at the age of 60 the husband finally realises he can't live without his ex-wife? That is quite a leap. Im sure the ex-wife is good looking but there must have been someone who could havd taken his mind off the ex-wife. Oh well i hope they are both happy now and the kids understand what's happened.

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 3 years ago

First, I'd like to say, 'I hate long stories'. Next, I understood you felt the need to give all the reasons why he was lonely for thirty years, but you could have done it all in less pages. Sometimes less is more. Last, I am a firm believer in reconciliation. If Eric was as smart about business as portrayed, if he had as many intelligent friends as he claimed and if he loved Sandy as much as the story said, he could have had a post-nup written up to cover him in the advent she ever cheated again.

Had Eric looked at his marriage as a business transaction, he should have seen that you can always negotiate a better deal even after the first contract is signed. If his whole problem was the fact that she had sex with George, he would have lost her again sometime later anyway. If her problem was the loss of her mother, and not having a female to talk to, what were the four women in their group, chopped liver.

I hate to read a story where either party gets treated like shit and the offending party gets off scott free, but I hate to read a story where the man whines like a little bitch because somebody pissed in his Cheerios and he didn't get up and get a new bowl, for that you lose stars, sorry.

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

"I just made a commitment to another man. A man who wanted me with all my faults. You didn't."

Well yeah, it wasn't him he she cheated on with his rival. Would make it a lot easier to get over, I'd imagine. But the protagonist really is a sad sack. Find it hard to believe that all the women he met after Sandy couldn't measure up to one who cheated on him. Maybe he just wanted to be unhappy and put her up on a pedestal that no one else was allowed to reach. Good way to waste your life.

francemanfrancemanabout 3 years ago

life is not all good or all bad.

it is made of happy, unhappy passages .....

your 2 characters are equally null as the other.

the ex-husband in his celibacy as there was no other woman on earth,

and the ex-wife in a poor marriage when she still loves her ex.

In the end, both are the losers even if you insist on the husband.

lujon2019lujon2019about 3 years ago

"Hi Sandy, are you... I am finally ready to be your cuck

He should have fucked her before her marriage to Author and asked him if he really wanted a cheater

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This story is a a fine example of the emotional trauma heaped upon the spouse of a cheater. Unfortunately, it follows the usual fable that men who divorce cheating wives can never find happiness again. The reconciliation industry's whole agenda is about convincing men that have to compromise their principals and beliefs and forgive and take back a cheating wife. They even go so far as to try and convince men their future will be disastrous and happiness will never be realized if they don't take back a cheating wife. Which we all know is a crock of shit. Get rid of a cheater and gain a new and happy life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

"Maybe it was time for me to have some happiness and swallow my stupid pride."

The old, shallow feminist "pride" cliche. Automatic 1.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 3 years ago

What a pathetic loser crybaby. This guy should be a spokesman for the trump campaign

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3about 3 years ago

Honestly, just no. Eric can't trust Sandy to not get angry and cheat again. This was confirmed by the therapist. Sandy holds a lot of anger due to her mother's death that she projects on Eric. She probably didn't project that towards Arthur or whatever the lawyer's name was because she didn't love him, he was just stability. If Eric had stayed with Sandy she very most likely would have gotten angry and cheated again. Sure, she would have felt guilty and promised it wouldn't happen again, but Eric could never trust her. Eric would be making a mistake to get back with Sandy, even this late - she'd probably get angry and blame him for their being apart for so long while she was waiting for him to come back, and then she'd be back to cheating on him because he made her angry.

This story was decently written, and it captured well the pain of love and betrayal - two things I am unfortunately familiar with. But it falls apart at the end when he decides to call Sandy. I still love my ex-wife, and I'll probably never find another woman I love like her, but that doesn't mean I'm not learning from past mistakes. It's better to cut toxic people out of your life.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Yeah, this guy is typical of so many of the self-hating BTB-at-all-cost crowd. Marriage counselling and therapy is a real thing, but this cat figured that he shows up for a year and they'll "fix" his wife. He never realized that a marriage is a single unit, with dynamic issues and problems that must be worked out and maintained. The protagonist chose to live with his ex-wife and child vicariously instead of biting the bullet and reengaging the woman he truly loved. The characters in this piece were so realistic and flawed that the reader couldn't help be caught up in an emotional storm of feelings!

.

It was painful and heartbreaking, and reading this was like watching a real-life tragedy happen. THAT my friends, is excellent fiction. There are lessons in here.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago

Pretty good story, I agree with some comments here. Sandy can’t be trusted. She’s proven that her self. There are to many of cuckold mind here. Forgiveness is great if deserved.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Amazing journey you took us on. I agree with everything LPN said, amazing character development at each step along the story arc. I loved how you replayed the past for us and the finish was outstanding. Definitely 5*!

TajfaTajfaabout 3 years ago

What a dick. She made a big mistake and was totally contrite. Surely during the year of counseling his anger would have lessened and he could have forgiven her. Also during all the years after he could have met someone? Time heals and if he was determined to split he would have met someone else. Glad he eventually looked to meet her again. Very good writing.

pepepilotpepepilotabout 3 years ago

First, I thought the story was great. Well written and captivating. But even more importantly, as someone else stated, we are drawn into the story. We can feel the pain from both sides.

Secondly, I am sometimes amazed at the responses by other readers. It seems that many people seem to forget that we are human and not always perfect. The very ones that advocate the BTB philosophy, may very well be the very ones that could fall into the traps of these stories. What is the old saying? "To err is human, to forgive is divine." Can all situations be forgiven? I doubt it. But maybe we shouldn't be so fast to condemn.

A definite 5-star story for me!

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 3 years ago
Typical American author

Therapy and counseling and But I still love her

patilliepatillieabout 3 years ago

Very good. The hard core BTB'ers wont like it, but he made a bad decision when he divorced. I understand his reticence, but that doesnt negate the fact that he should have followed his heart and guts. He wanted guarantees and there are none on the mortal coil of earth. Sometimes you just have to say, wtf.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 3 years ago

Self punishing idiot. He should have looked harder for a better woman. He wasted his life being a stubborn fool.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funabout 3 years ago

Good story about an ...

Idiot.

I personally don’t like guys that can’t get their heads out of their asses. That said, it was a very good story about him. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Six page and lifetime of misery for the main character just end up a reconciliation.

1 star and glad I skipped half of the story to keep from wasting time.

Main character really needed to divorce immediately and push for sole custody on the grounds she cheated while the kid slept in another room. He didn’t need counseling just a kick in the ass to move away from the cheating slut

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

lost me after the 3rd page. sorry.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

Interesting story!

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Hang up the phone

No RAAC here.

1 star

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Thought it was going great, but anyone that was ruining their own life that hard, for that long really should have nutted up and moved past what happened.

Usually a good BTB is fun and many RAAC are really stretching it but this time, you wrote a moron who drive himself neck deep into a listless life at his own whim. After a quarter of a century most anyone would have no love left, so that was a serious stretch. If "the call" had be made waaaaaaaaaaaay sooner I could see their being something left to salvage but not that long.

Thought you'd get a 4 or 5 the way it was going but in the end it got a 3.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

George would have been fired earlier and would have gone to jail for the blackmail rape. What mc figured out on order profitability is freshman level business 101. Bitch is crazy and he's a complete dumbass for not finding a hot young wife and moving on thirty years ago.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

The writing is good. Plot choices, not so much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

BEYOND BORING!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Eric allowed Sandy to live her life without everyone knowing what a angry vengeful evil cheating slut she is. She was mad at her husband and decided to do the thing that would hurt him the most. He should have burned the bitch and moved on.

SikemSikemabout 3 years ago

Great story telling.

In this story, Eric is the least functional person. I know the story wants to say that of course they should have never divorced and of course they could get the relationship back. That is far from certain. Once betrayed in this manner, trust is very difficult.

The moral should be to not live in the past. There is no reason Eric could not have found another woman to share his life with. Of course no one else was Sandy. But there were plenty of other women

just as good as her, but in their own way. When you get divorced you have to let remaining feelings die.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterabout 3 years ago
A very real story about maturity, evolving, and thinking

Good story, in fact, a great story.

Love, accepting warts and history, is a mature love. Too many are too immature to accept that we are all human, we all make mistakes. Nobody is perfect.

He missed out on 28 years with Sandy, because he was a stubborn ass.

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

t's a shame, the ending ruined the very good story for me. Now he's just a cuckold! Why does he want to make the same mistake again after so many years? He would have needed therapy because he never grew up privately. In your story you never described what life with your son was like over the years. Whether they developed similarities, how he influenced him, whether they had conversations about the divorce, etc.! So this great story remains incomplete for me! Pity!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The simp never should have reached back out to his ex. She was a cheating spouse and killed the marriage. Best for him would have been counseling on how to be a man after he divorced her.

From you stories, I gather you are a simp and most likely a cuckold.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Get and EDITOR

and

LEARN TO PUNCTUATE!!!!

Smokepole

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I call bullshit on him not finding another love, especially as he has dealt with professional help, it should have been he's lonely widow and call her if you want raac

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This story reminds me of the beautiful story “Back to Bristol” written by GaryB.

This one deserve now only 4 stars.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkalmost 3 years ago

Let's see, what was it she said to Eric about Arthur? Oh yeah, "A man who wanted me with all my faults. You didn't."

So, let's wait a little bit, let her fuck Arthur's business rival and THEN, after he's been betrayed and stabbed in the back, we can maybe get a clearer view on his opinion of Sandy.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

A long , but decent, story that took him right back where he started. He doesn’t need her back.

timrivtimrivalmost 3 years ago

It happens more often than one might think. Hubby doesn’t always end up with the hot young trophy wife and wife with nothing except in LW stories. He didn’t deserve to get her back ever.

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 3 years ago
The main character is a Milquetoast

and every page has a Wimp watermark.

I do not know how I read the whole thing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wasted time reading this. Pathetic main character.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A very well-written, utterly believable - and utterly depressing - story.

nestorb30nestorb30almost 3 years ago

Great story, problem is the protagonist was emotionally stunted and did not have the skill set to process hiss feelings and make the right decision for himself. He wanted guarantees, like in business. But he was wrong there are no guarantees, even in business

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very good story. Well crafted storyline and a believable one. In the story Eric is a fool who created his own misery by not being strong enough to forgive.

I see from some of the comments that the story has pleased the scum btb trolls and wife beaters. No doubt they see themselves reflected in Eric and his miserable sad life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Judging by the stories of this author, he is a typical beta.Totally unreal story of a beta man 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very sad. Very moving. Very 5.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Pussy couldn’t move on he might as well have taken her back

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Helluva yarn though

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

that was tough reading. Why do I care about fictional characters. Eric shoulda fucked up George, just to make himself feel better...He should have prosecuted him for rape, extortion, whatever. I will say I can sympathize with his wife transferring her anger to him probably compounded by her postpartum hormones. That shit gets old. You can be consistently and reliably kind, loving, generous, etc, but she still treats you like shit randomly, but consistently. Life ain't fair sometimes.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 2 years ago

Sad. The vitality of youth gone forever. The heat of desire fading with decades wasted in misery. She may have always loved her first husband, but her second husband was the real man. Now by default he's back in her life. What a total clusterfuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

what a fucking pussy.

jasonnhjasonnhover 2 years ago

Yes, Eric has some problems of his own but Sandy cheated on him with a slime ball who was Eric's enemy. She was belittling Eric before she cheated. All the psychobabble is crap. She took out HER problems on Eric and made him her fall guy. It is one thing to be with someone who has "issues" and to deal with the fallout from them. When YOU are made the bad guy by the person with the issues, that's a WHOLE OTHER THING.

Eric closes by saying that his "pride" prevented him from resolving things with Sandy. No, it was his self esteem. He couldn't be responsible for HER problems. She CONTINUED to remain disconnected from him after her cheating was uncovered.

Eric's pitiful hangdog whining is HIS problem. His long suffering is HIS fault. Sandy is NOT the only girl in the world. He could have lived a good life with someone else if he wanted to. He wanted to know why Sandy got to enjoy life while he was still miserable? It's because he CHOOSE to be miserable. She jettisoned her guilt and moved on. He wallowed and HE owns that. If you are waiting for someone who did you wrong to "fix" the parts of your life that they screwed up, you are almost certain to be disappointed and unhappy.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Eric was so caught up in Sandy's affair he couldn't get past it therefore he lost his chance for some as semblance of happiness. Yet after 30 years he not decides to take he back, he was stupid to not forgive in the beginning.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - the story was too convoluted and the dialog was robotic - real people do not talk like that.

usaretusaretover 2 years ago

What a story. I understand & sympathies with Eric, but having lived 80 years, 20+ in the Army, I understand what Sandy experienced. And perhaps understand what caused her failure to their marriage. But in the long run, his long, long self punishment was not just idiotic, but sadistic to them both.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Not me

Without going into the various reasons my ex and I split up... things she did/said in the process means I would NEVER consider getting back together with her if her now husband and my wonderful wife were to pass. Not happening.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't see why calling her and getting back together is happiness. She did a horrible thing and even if she says she loved him she took up with the other guy for financial reasons and maybe companionship. He could have done the same thing. Why compare other women to "Sandy"? She was a cheater with issues!

Best if he just lived the single life, got some sex when he wanted, find fun, and still see his kid. If she is just 54 and now has cash from the dead second husband she will NOT be alone long anyway.

BabalooieBabalooieover 2 years ago

Poor spelling. Interesting story, but depressing.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

Interesting the clarity from outside the relationship. It was easy to see he was the one who could not move on. She did what she had to do to keep living.

other2other1other2other1about 2 years ago

Hmmm, struggled with this one, more for the years and years between everything. She was a bitch and he was just sad, reading this story didn't give me a feeling of closure, i just kind of felt empty and void like the color had gone out of the universe.

I get it, sometimes life doesn't go the way we want, however I don't see anyone holding a candle for someone that they divorced 28 years later.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a dumb fucking story - 1*

bobareenobobareenoabout 2 years ago

Eric saw his former wife at the grave of Arthur, crying. "Another punch in the gut.” She said she’d always love Arthur, as he was the father of her daughter. "Another punch in the gut.” Sandy kept a picture of Arthur in the hallway to the bedroom. "Another punch in the gut.” Eric and Sandy married, again, and at the wedding Sandy said she loved Eric, and that she would always love Arthur, too. "Another punch in the gut.” Before Sandy passed, she asked Eric to bury half of her ashes with Arthur, and to bury the other half with Eric. "Another punch in the gut.” Sandy’s remains were not equally divided, and Arthur got the lion’s share. "Another punch in the gut.” When Eric made it to the pearly gates, he found Arthur and Sandy waiting for him, and Sandy was holding Arthur’s hand. "Another punch in the gut.” Contrary to their Christian, and in Arthur’s case, Jewish, expectations, Sandy, Arthur, and Eric were all reincarnated. "Another punch in the gut.” Sandy came back as a Nigerian warlord, Arthur came back as a Russian oligarch, and Eric was reincarnated as a Mexican cowboy. "Another punch in the gut."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a disgustingly wimpy story of a man who has no clue how to seize the moment and live life…crying and cribbing when he could hve actually forgiven Sandra and enjoyed his life again…I will give it a one!

Harvey8910Harvey8910almost 2 years ago

I really enjoyed the story. I give it five stars. It was a really sad story. Sandy fucked George out of anger against her husband, Eric. Then George blackmailed Sandy to continue the affair and Sandy agreed to it. Eric could never trust Sandy again and worried that she would cheat on him again, but he never moved on with his life. He was miserable. In the end, he compromised on his rule and made Sandy the exception after wasting so many years being miserable. Eric was the real loser in this story. Sandy just moved on with her life and Eric could not move on with his life. It was truly a sad story. Great job!!!

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

The story was realistic and flowed well. For all those that downgraded the story because of the outcome should consider that the ratings should not depend on the author's choices of the plot-line or outcomes (upon which the LW universe will never agree), but on whether the story held realistically without stupidities and logical gaps and whether well-written. This story did that and deserves a 5* even if I would have chosen some different directions.

The MC was flawed. Sandy's anger was a mental disability, and not materially different than being bi-polar, and should have been viewed and treated as such. Sandy made one huge error which may have been inexcusable, but she immediately regretted and was committed to not repeating. The 2nd time was blackmail and thus was rape by any definition. A real man would have understood these things and did what he could for his wife and their family, rather than being the self-indulgent wimp crying all the way to his divorce lawyer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a well written realistic tale and the characters actions,reactions and decisions flowed well without contradiction. I truly enjoyed this tale. The only thing unrealistic is after 28 years apart they get back together???He could not accept one tryst and ends the marriage, but she has a life with another man,has his kid buts its fine to get back together after all that? A person has to live in fantasy land for that one. Too much life has happened in that time apart....Guess you felt you needed a happier ending,you did not.It is a true to life good story without it. Good with it also though a bit of a reach...JZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pretty realistic, but then, of course, like every fucking story this writer has produced, he fucks it up at the end.

You don't pine after a woman being fucked by another man for 28 years. You forget about her. Deliberately erase her from your life, no matter how hard it is to do initially.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why, oh why, do literotica writers insist on shitting all over their good stories with endings that are just completely retarded and make no sense.

You don't long for a woman for nearly 30 years that is not only being fucked by another man, but also has his kids. It's just plain stupid. Even if you love her, you make concerted efforts to remove her from your life. Plus, how the hell does the writer expect the reader to believe that he would get back together with her after 30 years of being fucked by another man, when he couldn't even stand the two times, the first time around? Just isn't believable.

I'd give this story a 2.5* just because the ending sucked so much.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

He was a real dumb fuck….

.

Great writing.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

She was the one who got anger issues . She was the one who cheated . She was the one with issues .

She marries Arthur who she was prepared to drop if Eric would get over her infidelity .

Such a shallow bitch .

Eric , successful , confident businessman who knows many , many people/coup.es , finds it hard to move on psychotic douchebag ????

I don't buy it .

2 * , and I'm being generous .

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider19557 months ago

Seems a lot of the Literotica writers have something against husbands. Specifically white husbands. Not that this story had an interracial line to it. This husband, supposedly very talented, becomes an idiot at home. Self destructing and crying in his beer, oh poor little me, while his cheating wife remarries, has more dick, gets pregnant, and his son wonders if he’s a Jew needing to get Bar Mitzvah’d and circumcised. He spends all his time with his wife’s new family and becomes essentially a eunuch. Literotica authors, please stop treating husbands like pitiful fools.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Not my cup of tea. I don't want to see good men seen as pitiful PPL. He should have moved on, but couldn't due to fear of future and the way his ex easily moved on impacted him a lot. He can better put his faith in things he loves to do in life and move far away.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Pathetic pity party

HighBrowHighBrow2 months ago

Well, that was a sad damn story. Honestly, the psychological ground for the NYC incident was not adequately prepared. But I enjoyed the story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

his own fault for being miserable. He does not have to remarry but no reason why he could not find a great companion and even see if it leads to marriage. He can love her but I agree you never forget and that to me is enough to hold me back from being happy. Had he gone to her like SHE wanted he would be miserable and his kid would know as well. His fault was staying too close to them all. See your sone but away from the rest of them. It works!

skruff101skruff101about 1 month ago

In most of this type of story where the husband is cheated on and goes for divorce they end up being a wreck, total and utter nonsense but it’s the authors goto reason for a reconciliation further down the line. Find someone or don’t find someone but just get up off your ass and get on with it for Christ sakes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

@someoneother: Agreed. All the characters were flawed. But the MC should nit have carried a torch for 30 years. She did something that is hard to forgive and impossible to forget. The second time was indeed rape (blackmail sex is rape). But honestly she could have come clean with him. Didn't like her taking the blame game. I get that she moved on and made piece with herself after so many years with Arthur, but seriously why is he wrong for making his decision. I think he jsut comes off as weak throughout. All the crying and whining, then he had a chance to either cut bait and get a new life or stay and fight for his marriage. But while he did divorce, he never moved on. Just a feckless existence. Made it hard to read. Well written though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Eric is a complete and utter dickhead. I cannot garner any sympathy for him, even though he is the cheated party. He basically ruins his mid life because he either can’t move on or deal with it. He needs serious psychiatric help but instead wallows in his own misery. He must be a closet masochist. By the way the story unfolds a very successful masochist which ironically should make him happy, but doesn't! Basically he wasted his life and is an emotional fuck up who at 60 years of age gets pushed in to making his life better. Well done for him he has maybe 15 years to look forward to but the downside he is no longer going to be young enough to really enjoy it. I know there are some vigorous 60 to 75 year olds out there but there are more that are not. As I said earlier a complete and utter dickhead.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

"For every rule, there is an exception."

/

No, there isn’t. That’s just something terrible people do to justify themselves and minimize their guilt!

/

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

what an absolute loser.

its good that wife found happiness and this jerk got to suffer,

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGrassIsGreener@GrassIsGreener
I love reading and writing about a faithfull wife who cheats and then what happens as a result of her infidelity