All Comments on 'For Love or Money'

by Regguy69

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
CriosCrios9 months ago

Pleasant little story. IMHO, it could've used a little more oomph. For example, Holly could've found out about the arrangement the Jim had with Gail. Still would've gotten back together at the end but with drama in between.

Corny1974Corny19749 months ago

Loved every second of this. 5 🌟

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol9 months ago

Pleasant story! Thank you!

-

Be well!

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft9 months ago

A nice take on the “Taming of the Shrew” motif, with very likable characters. However, the heart and soul of a TOTS story is the process of converting ‘I hate you” into “I love you”. For a really satisfying story, one would like to see several cycles of “problem—>solution” before success. In this story, she goes from turning him down for dates to asking him to bed in just 8 or 9 short paragraphs. I would love to see a follow up story which shows us a lot more of the details of how the MC wins over the fair lady..

Pinto931Pinto9319 months ago

Nice little story but no real emotion or conflict, made it all a bit flat.

FireFox59FireFox599 months ago

Very enjoyable story.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith9 months ago

Nice concept and well developed story. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

HargaHarga9 months ago

Good story but I like a little more conflict before the happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

pretty good story, but please get an editor or proof reader.

no such thing as a dd213, it is a dd214

i know elections are getting weird, but never knew that there was an electoral engineering degree

never knew it took a guild to give a tour, thought it was a guide

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

With the legal system in the US today? Nobody should *ever* get married again. Live together, make vows of fidelity? Sure. Lace it up and tie the knot, legally? Hell no. It's a license to steal. Only an idiot would voluntarily enter into that in its current form.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Too quick and easy, read like a Cliff Notes version of the Shrew” when I wanted to read the full thing. Lacks in depth and emotion.

RodJohnRodJohn9 months ago

I enjoyed your story. Gave it a 3/5. Would have been a 4 maybe even 5, but like people said it lacked a little something and became fast paced for me as it jumped into dating without details of effort he put into it.

Omart57Omart579 months ago

Good story, RG! Thanks!

Davester37Davester379 months ago

I was certain that Holly would discover the arrangement to build dramatic tension! I agree with others that I would have liked more conflict and substance in the romance leading up to the marriage. I, too, would have liked more careful editing. I noticed that Holly became Molly at one point. You’ve created some interesting characters, but they could have benefited from a bit more development.

With that all being said, it is certainly a pleasing story with an interesting premise and a nice happy ending. I’m glad I read it, so thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Pretty sure “electoral engineering” was what got Trumpy elected, do you perhaps mean electrical?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What’s a DD 213???

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

Dnvrdave58Dnvrdave588 months ago

5 stars. You're right, this story should have been in the romance section. However I loved it anyway. A great story thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Is it weird that I ship Jim and Gail? Maybe Iam an oddball.

DessertmanDessertman7 months ago

I enjoyed the tale and laughed at the electoral engineering.

WetheNorthWetheNorth4 months ago

No fooling or farting around. Just a good romance story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

To anonymous, yes, it is weird that you ship Jim and Gail, whatever that means.

A lovely story, I think that I’m getting soft I’m my old age, I like romances.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I know a lot of people like this story, but while I like the concept, it just isn't well written. The entire romance part is missing.

usaretusaretabout 1 month ago

The start of this tale led me to believe it would include some future marital drama. I was/am sorry to say I supposed wrongly. Thus the 3 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

Not sure I'd call that an arranged marriage. Not in the traditional sense.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRegguy69@Regguy69
I try to read all comments and have never deleted any. I have learned a lot from the constructive comments I have received, thank you for those. I hope my efforts provide some entertainment for you. All of my characters are fictional and are not intended to resemble anyone, li...