Forced Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Shower?"

"Alone this time. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need some private time after that enema you just gave me."

Jeff nodded. They each went to the showers. Jeff was back in the living area well ahead of his sister.

*****

They had a light breakfast in the hotel before going to his office. Cindy stood smiling when they walked in.

"This has to be your sister. She got all the looks, boss. I'm Cindy, your brother's assistant."

"Lori," she said introducing herself.

"Coffee?" she asked.

"Black please," Lori replied.

Cindy poured two cups and handed one to each.

"Lori, thank you. He looks very relaxed and rested. He doesn't know how to do that without help."

"I made him take me dancing and boating this weekend."

Cindy looked at Jeff. "You know how to dance?" she asked.

"Leave me alone, nosey. I need to go to Indianapolis for three business days. What's my schedule like?"

"I can get you out on tomorrow afternoon and back Saturday. How's that?"

He looked at his sister. "Will that work?"

"Sounds good," Lori replied.

"Make it happen, Cindy. Can you have Leon come to my office? I'll need you to join us too."

She nodded, then grabbed her cell and called Leon.

"Boss wants you in his office ASAP."

"On my way," he replied.

The four were in his office just minutes later. Leon and Lori were introduced to each other. Lori was surprised by Leon's appearance. He was the size of a large NFL player.

"Lori is the CEO of Combs, Inc. Leon, the software you and I worked on a couple of months ago was hers."

"The one with the wide-open back door?" Leon asked.

"Yes. Lori has asked me to demonstrate just how vulnerable it is. What I'm going to do is shut down their system remotely for a few minutes before returning control. Once she's seen the problem, we'll apply the patch we created for her. Any idea how long patching it will take?"

"Not off the top of my head. I can have that info by this afternoon. You doing it from here?" Leon asked.

"Yeah, but I want to go to Combs and assess their security and be on hand if any issues arise. There's another issue involved. The previous CEO still has limited involvement in Combs. He and I don't get along. If he knows I'm involved the shit may hit the fan."

"I can go," Leon offered.

"Since it's my sister's company, I'd prefer to be there. I'm going to need you here."

"Jeff, the company name will need to be kept quiet too. A simple google search would reveal who you are," Cindy warned.

"Yes, it would. The Combs phones, both land lines and cells are insecure. Lori picked up new lines for herself and her PA, Miranda Oakes. Only Miranda and the four of us will be in on this job. None of us will use anything but our personal numbers. Lori, be sure you have our numbers, and we have yours before you leave. When are you leaving?"

"Seven this evening," she said.

Everyone could see the disappointment on Jeff's face when she answered.

"When are you planning the shutdown?" Leon asked.

"I'm thinking Wednesday at nine am."

"Warn them ahead of time so they don't lose data," Leon suggested.

"I figured an hour warning."

Leon chuckled. "That'll wake up their IT department."

"I expect it will," Jeff said.

"It better, or I'll fire their asses."

"Yep, that's your sister, boss," Cindy laughed.

"Leon, I need you to find out what else our patch will affect before we apply it," Jeff told him.

"The current ID cards will have to be completely replaced. That's it," Leon said.

"You didn't mention it specifically, but I assume e-mails are out too?" Cindy asked.

"Definitely. Our only communication will be in person or on our five personal phones."

"Got it," she replied.

"Anyone with any specific questions, comments, or suggestions?"

"I suggest you leave work early today and spend some more time with your sister," Cindy told him grinning.

"I second that," Lori agreed.

"Motion passed," Jeff replied. "Leon and I need a couple of hours together. Cindy, would you be kind enough to set up my travel arrangements, and show Lori around the office?"

"I'll even take her to lunch and tell her all kinds of embarrassing stories about her brother," Cindy offered.

"Sold," Lori said with a big smile.

Jeff rolled his eyes.

He and Leon went to Leon's office to discuss specifics.

Cindy took Lori out to her desk. Once they were seated, she turned to Lori.

"Should I book Jeff a hotel?"

"I've got plenty of room. He can stay with me," Lori replied.

"Is there any chance your parents would come there?"

"My mother drops by on occasion."

"I think it would be wiser to book a hotel. He doesn't want to see either of them," Cindy replied.

"You're probably right. The Washington is about a block from our building. You should book a car too."

Cindy had the reservations done in just minutes.

"Cindy, what's the table with the flag, the bottle of Jameson, and the shot glasses?"

"That's for Dean. It's a missing man table. He was a close friend of Jeff's who was killed overseas. Whenever we finish a job, your brother has a toast to Dean. Leon usually joins him. He was a Navy man."

"I knew Dean. They were very close." Lori walked to the table and put her hand gently on the flag. "Thank you for being there when I wasn't."

Cindy and Lori shared all the necessary phone numbers before starting the tour. She was introduced to everyone. They all seemed surprised hearing Jeff had a sister. There were computers everywhere. Each person had at least two they were monitoring and another one they were working on. Everyone's work area had been decorated themselves. To Lori it looked like a nightmare. Cindy explained that by allowing each person to decorate their own area made them feel more at home. They finished up the tour about 11:30 and decided to go out for lunch.

"Like fish tacos?"

"I've never had them," Lori admitted.

"If you like fish, you'll love these."

"Lead the way."

They walked the two blocks to the little cafe. The lunch crowd had yet to arrive. Since it was a beautiful day, they sat overlooking the bay.

"I could get used to this kind of view," Lori told her.

"It's nice, isn't it? So, Lori, are you married?"

"No. Never felt the need. I work all the time."

"So does Jeff. The day he spoke with you was the first time he's taken an afternoon off in five months."

"Five months? I'm not even that bad. Cindy, what's he like?"

"Smart, very talented, good to work for, and with."

"But what's he like outside of work?"

"Jeff doesn't mix personal life with business. I know he goes to the gym regularly. I've been his secretary for seven years, but in all that time, he's never taken a vacation, spoken of a date, no one in the company has ever been to his home. If he has hobbies, I have no clue what they are. When you called was the first time he ever mentioned having any family. He made me promise not to tell anyone he was related to your father."

Lori sat quietly as Cindy talked about Jeff. This wasn't the fun-loving brother she remembered. What had happened all those years ago had affected him deeply. Part of his change, she knew, was simply maturing with time. Most of it, however, was obviously from the trauma.

Cindy saw the moisture in Lori's eyes. She smiled softly, then patted her hand.

"Lori, whatever happened wasn't your fault. It's your father he's angry with. After he spoke with you last week, he asked me questions about how others perceive him. I saw change. Change for the good. And with the peaceful look he had when you two walked in today, I could see life in his eyes. You're good for him."

"Did he tell you what happened?"

"No. Only that your father disowned him. Why is none of my business."

"Jeff wasn't even at fault. I did something stupid, and he got the blame."

"Lori, let go of the past. We can't change that. It's the future where we have that ability. Your call last week, and subsequent visit, have already impacted both of your tomorrows for the better."

"I hope so," Lori replied.

The rest of lunch took a lighter note. Jeff and Lori left the office shortly after her return. Rather than go back to her hotel, Jeff parked near the beach and invited her to go for a walk.

"You're troubled," she said, as they walked barefoot along the shore. "Concerns about the security thing?"

"No, not at all. I do this kind of stuff on a daily basis."

"What then?"

"I have my little sister back in my life. I've felt something again. Something I don't know how to explain. Remember when we were kids, ten or twelve maybe, and I was sent off to that camp for the summer?"

"That was the longest summer ever," she replied.

"For me too. I came home so excited. Not to be home, I was excited to see you. Then I found out you were leaving with mom for two weeks the next day. I was crushed. I didn't want you to go. It was like I'd just gotten my life back and it was being taken away again. That's how I feel right now with you going home."

She stopped walking and turned to her brother.

"I don't know what the future holds, but I do know we're back in each other's lives, and I have no intention of losing you again."

"I don't want to lose you either."

They walked for quite a while before returning to her hotel. Lori showered and packed. He rode the shuttle with her to the airport and they walked to security.

"Call me when you get settled Tuesday," she said.

"I will. Safe travels, Sissy."

"Always, Bubba," she said, hugging him then walking into security.

Jeff stayed until she was out of sight, then grabbed the shuttle back to her hotel then walked his truck.

Lori walked into her office at eight on Tuesday.

"Welcome back," Miriam chirped.

Lori smiled looking at her lovely brunette PA. "Thanks. I need you in my office," she said.

Miriam grabbed a folio and followed her inside.

"Have a seat. We have an issue."

Lori gave her the phone, filled her in on the security issue, and the plans, then stressed the importance of secrecy.

*****

Jeff was up early and went to the gym for a workout. From there he went home and got ready for his trip. He walked into his office just after ten and was greeted with a cup of coffee from Cindy.

"You okay, boss?" she asked.

"Yeah, I am. Thanks for asking," he replied smiling.

"Besides being good at everything else, I'm also a good listener if you need one," Cindy advised.

He smiled at her. "I'll keep that in mind."

Jeff and Leon met for about an hour to review their plans before he left for the airport.

In Indianapolis, he picked up his rental and drove to the hotel. Jeff was glad the car had a GPS; his hometown had changed dramatically since his departure twenty years earlier. He'd have been lost without it. After checking in at the Washington Hotel, he sent Lori a text.

'I'm here.'

His reply came about twenty minutes later.

'I'm glad. George will pick you up at six. Dinner with me at St. Elmo's.'

'Ok.' he replied

A few minutes before six he went out front to wait. The Combs limo pulled up almost immediately. George stepped out and sheepishly opened the limo door for him.

"I'm happy to see you gave up your life of crime," Jeff told him.

"Yes, sir. I've seen the light and gone straight," he replied smiling.

"I have something of yours."

"Something of mine, sir?"

"A very nice 9 mm Smith & Wesson."

"Oh, that. Feel free to keep it. Since I've changed careers, I have no further use for it."

"Is it clean?" Jeff asked.

"Yes, sir. It's perfectly clean."

Jeff smiled then entered the limo.

"Welcome to Indy," his sister told him.

"Thanks," he replied. "This must be the famous Miriam."

"Jeff, Miriam Oakes, my right hand," Lori said.

"It's wonderful to finally meet you."

"And you, Mr. Combs," she replied.

"Please call me Jeff," he said, handing her his handkerchief. She took it and looked at him puzzled. "Your lipstick."

She looked at Lori, who took the handkerchief and wiped away the small smudge.

St. Elmo's was just a few blocks away. George held the door for them as they exited. Walking into the restaurant, they were seated immediately and taken to the VIP area.

"I thought you didn't get this kind of treatment," Jeff remarked.

"I lied," his sister said.

After ordering dinners, the three discussed tomorrow's plans. Lori had briefed her thoroughly. Jeff would be at their office at seven am to get things started. Once the business talk was finished, they enjoyed dinner and chatted.

Lori and Miriam were both surprised when Jeff announced he wanted to walk home after dinner. Lori walked him to the restaurant door.

"Jeff, is something wrong?" Lori asked.

He smiled, "Not a thing. I'll see you in the morning," he told her, then kissed her cheek and left.

*****

Miriam met Jeff at the entrance to the Combs building at seven. She escorted him past security and up to the executive office.

When Lori walked in twenty minutes later and found them sitting at Miriam's desk talking and laughing.

"Chummy, are we?" she asked, raising a brow.

"Very," Miriam laughed, getting her a cup of coffee.

They went into Lori's office and to Jeff's computer.

"Leon is ready on his end. At seven forty-five, this message will go out over your entire computer system and to all company cell phones."

He showed them the message.

'Please have all company data backed up to the server this morning prior to 8:30. Data that has not been backed up may be lost.'

"Are we going to lose data?" Miriam asked.

"Maybe a few keystrokes, but nothing much. Your program will still be up and functioning, but you won't be able to access any of it. At 8:30 this will go to your security company and IT department.

'At exactly 9 am this morning we are shutting down your entire computer and phone system within all of Combs, Inc. You can't stop us, but we'd love for you to try. We will return your system at 9:03 am.'

Lori laughed. "You're getting into this aren't you?"

"Jeff, can you really do that?" Miriam asked.

"I can."

"Our IT people are sharp. I think they'll stop you," Miriam told him.

"Are you a betting woman?" he asked.

Miriam looked at Lori, then at Jeff. "You're Lori's brother. There's no way I'm betting against you."

"Wise choice. We have about an hour. Miriam, how about a tour of your security and IT areas?" he asked.

"Don't you need to be here to drop the bombs?" Lori asked him.

"No. The bombs are on autopilot. They'll go off just like I told you."

"How will you know they were dropped?" Lori asked.

"If your IT people are as on the ball as you say they are, you should get a phone call a minute or two after each message."

"What should I tell them?"

"What would you do if you didn't know what was happening?"

"Insist they track down where the first message came from. For the second, I'd tell them to stop it before 9."

"That's what you need to do."

"What happens if the systems don't come back on?" Miriam asked.

"They will, but that's why I'm here. I can restore it from my laptop. Leon and his team are in the process of backing up everything you have on our server as we speak. That's a failsafe measure. After you're fully back online he'll delete it."

"Ready for the tour?" Miriam asked.

"Let's start with IT, so we can be away from there when the shit hits the fan," Jeff suggested.

Miriam took him on the tour. She introduced him as a potential investor. The name was Dean Vickers.

They had just left IT when the first message went out. Lori sent Jeff and Miriam the same text minutes later.

'IT just called about msg 1. They said it will be an easy trace. I suspect they gotcha. Phones ringing off the hook right now wanting to know what's up.'

"We should go back upstairs. I don't want her swamped by the phones," Miriam suggested.

"Okay. Show me your surveillance cameras on the way back."

"Will do."

They were back in the office about ten minutes later.

"How many people got that damn message?" Lori asked, looking a bit frazzled.

Miriam stepped up and put all phone lines on hold.

"Every desktop, laptop, and company cell phone. Do you use tablets?"

"A couple hundred of them, why?" Lori asked.

"They got it too," he said.

"That's over three thousand recipients. You could have warned me," Lori grumbled.

Miriam laughed. "He did."

Jeff called Leon. "What's happening?"

"Everyone's backing up data. They do follow instructions. I'm pretty impressed."

"Good. Did you give the ID card info to Cindy?"

"About thirty minutes ago. She's typing it up and will text it to Miriam when she's finished."

"Great. The only other thing I've seen here is a shortage of video surveillance in the lobby and around IT. That's an easy fix. I'll talk to you later," Jeff said, then ended the call.

Miriam had the calls under control in minutes.

At 8:31 Lori got another call from IT.

"Ms. Combs, we just got a threat to shut our entire system down at nine. I suspect it's the same people who sent the earlier message."

"Who is it?" she asked.

"We have no clue. It could be anyone. It didn't come from anyone with access from us. We'd be able to track that easily."

"Can they shut us down?"

"No way. That can only be done from our main server and I'm sitting two feet from that."

"Well, they managed to hack our messaging system apparently."

"Yeah but shutting us down is another thing entirely."

"So, we aren't in any danger?" Lori asked.

"None whatsoever."

"Keep looking for the hackers."

"We are."

When Lori ended the call, she laughed. "IT says we got a threat to shut us down."

"Imagine that," Jeff replied.

"He said that can only be done from the main server."

"Did he?" Jeff asked.

He was smiling as he sat working at his computer. Lori came over and sat by him.

"What are you doing on there, monitoring us?"

"Not exactly," he said, turning his laptop toward her.

"Solitaire? You're playing a game while my company is being hacked?"

"I seem to be winning too," he said, moving a Jack to the top.

"Don't you have something you should be doing?"

"Nope. Leon and his team are watching everything. My job is to be here for the fireworks. Are you still afraid of fireworks?"

"I used to bury my head in your chest during those damned things."

"God, that seems like it was a long time ago," he said.

"Yes, a very long time ago."

They sat there with neither speaking for a long time. Jeff's phone chirped and he put it on speaker.

"Two minutes, boss. We're ready on this end."

"Okay."

"Cindy sent Miriam the info you requested," Leon told him.

"Good. Call me after everything comes back," Jeff requested.

"Got it," Leon said.

Jeff put his phone on the table and closed to Solitaire game. His screen showed Combs home page. About a minute later he told Lori to check her computer. She walked over and looked at her monitor.

"All norm...," she began, then started laughing. "The Exorcist? Why is a monkey dancing to exorcist music?"

"Your system has been possessed. Try to get into Combs."

She fiddled with her mouse and keyboard but couldn't change anything.

"Look at mine," he told her.

The Combs software appeared to be running properly.

"Convinced?" he asked.

"When it comes back on, I'll be convinced."

Miriam poked her head in. "Computers and phones are dead"

"Yep. About one more minute," Jeff said.

About a minute later it all came back, much to Lori's relief.

"Are we functional?"

"Looks like it. Leon will call momentarily."

"Shit! My phones are going nuts," Miriam said going back to her desk.

Lori's work cell rang.

"I thought you said it couldn't happen," she barked.

"Ms. Combs, we've got a big problem," the IT man told her.