Forgiveness is a Choice

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

David told me later he was so proud of Allie's response and that it was a major contribution to the bond that put their damaged marital relationship back together. Allie had stood up, looked at Michael, Lilith and Peter and said simply, "Then I choose my father. Let's go David." And they'd walked out. When Allie called Peter later to ask why he'd done what he did, he simply said that he was more interested in continuing in Michael's good graces and enjoying the benefits than reconnecting with a man who'd scarcely been a part of his life. If it meant losing his sister, well she'd made her choice, not him. Allie told us the story at dinner a couple of days later. The four younger children were in the family room, but Bobby was still at the table. I've never been so proud of my son as I was at that moment. After Allie told us what happened, Bobby stood up, walked around the table, put his arms around Allie and said, "Well, if he doesn't want to be your brother anymore, I'll be your brother instead. He's a fool. You can be my big sister from now on." It won't surprise you to find that there wasn't a dry eye at the table.

Michael and Lilith did try to make trouble for David and Allie at the hospital, at which point David called his father and asked for his help. David played the recording of his conversation with Lilith for Bruce, who became incandescently angry. When he calmed down, he scheduled a meeting with Michael and Lilith in his capacity as a hospital board member. In what he later described as a frank and somewhat profane conversation with the two of them, he told them that if he heard even a hint of any further actions to derail David's or Allie's careers, he'd play the tape David had made for the board and he'd pursue civil and criminal actions against the two of them. They were not to contact Allie or David again unless and until Allie or David first reached out to them. So far, neither has and they show no interest in doing so in the future.

It's ironic that Allie's relationship with her birth parents has turned one hundred eighty degrees. When she was young, she gave up love for wealth. Now that she's older, she's given up wealth for love. She's told me repeatedly that the second choice was the best one she's ever made other than marrying David and having her children. And she's done all she can to show me that she means it by her actions, not just her words.

I won't say that I'd have chosen the path my life followed. In a perfect world, Lilith would have been a faithful and loving wife. I would have seen my children grow up, been there for all their milestones, like plays, concerts, sporting events, graduations, weddings and childbirths. Peter would still be part of my life. By the same token, Bobby's father wouldn't have abandoned him and Anna and Anna and he and their children would be living happily ever after together. Anna's parents wouldn't have abandoned her, never to contact her again. In a perfect world, the church wouldn't have given Lilith her annulment because marriage is supposed to be forever.

But it's not a perfect world. And I am grateful for what the imperfections of this world have given me. I have Anna, Bobby, Leah and Rachel. Allie has come back to me and brought David, Davy and Amanda with her. I've found a friend in Bruce. And I've learned how to forgive. All in all, even if I wouldn't have chosen the path of life I've walked, and the route to where I am today has been hard painful, I'm blessed and loved. And I can't ask for anymore than that.