All Comments on 'Formidable Obstacles to Overcome'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
jazzharpjazzharpalmost 3 years ago

Fun as always.

There was one were instead of we're. Just saying.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 3 years ago

It’s a bummer when you find out your parents are flesh and blood humans and you’re forced to lower them from their lofty pedestals. A bittersweet romance, with full marks for originality. Thanks for your story. Always a treat.

Omart57Omart57almost 3 years ago

Ooh, Nice story! Very good, M&M!

BentNotBrokenBentNotBrokenalmost 3 years ago

Your range is impressive, as always! Engaging as it unfolded, being more solemn than your usual humorous deviant prose. Please keep them coming!

Rw43Rw43almost 3 years ago

@jazzharp:

And there was one "commiserate" instead of "commensurate" on an otherwise awesome but brief story.

Do commenters earn points for finding these literary warts on the bride?

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 3 years ago

Family reunions?

Awk-ward... =)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"... to find a job commiserate to what I'd left behind" I think you mean "commensurate" xx.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 3 years ago

Now that was an unusual twist. Nice story.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 3 years ago

Hi, here from the ND contest. Very nice job with the story and the light humor with Loralyn’s insecurities. I suspected the truth when the dinner went downhill and was a bit disappointed in Mom when I was right, especially considering how it would affect Chris and Loralyn’s relationship. You did a great job illustrating the effect on her relationship with her parents, and her determination to do what was right and stand with her man even at the expense of her relationship with them. I was a bit sad at the end, but that’s to be expected when an affair, however casual, is discovered. Great job and good luck in the contest.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 3 years ago
Didn't see that twist coming

Great story! Credible characters and paced about right.

Ironman52Ironman52almost 3 years ago

Nice twists and turns.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You wrote commiserate, but you wanted commensurate. Other than that, a very interesting premise.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 3 years ago

Good story with a nice, unusual twist.

Elusive_WolfElusive_Wolfalmost 3 years ago

Really interesting premise. I thought the pacing was handled really well, which is uncommon in the shorter stories.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66almost 3 years ago

I liked this story, which was unique. 5 stars. The commiserate/ commensurate word switch is in the paragraph before the epilogue.

fritz51fritz51almost 3 years ago

What an original story! 5 *s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

When is dad going to get his pound of flesh from Chris? The daughter already choose the Lothario over her dad so he won't miss anything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story

ProfesseurXProfesseurXabout 2 years ago

With all the stories out there, it's fun to find a fairly original plot.

Good one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well. That was different. Not my favorite story by you, but much better than some other writers. My only quibble is that Chris had no issue bedding married women. How long before he resumes his predatory ways?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Enjoyed the plot twist. Character development seemed a bit lacking though.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

A little different from the woman's point of view. This a very small world. After 13 years of marriage a hundred years ago, the wife said she need some alone time, whatver that means. We had small tailer about 30 miles away in a camping club. She went there for a week or two and came back home. Not long after she was home I heard from friends they had seen her a bar up there a couple times. Like a I said small world. We divorced a few months later.

inka2222inka2222almost 2 years ago

Only 3 stars - despite being very well written, original, and interesting, the lack of any meaningful punishment for the cheating slut of a mommy is a big negative, sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loralyn can think graphically about her leaking pussy and stiff nipples; but when it came to months of dating/calling/sending cards and letters we get no physical details. Could they have actually progressed to necking or even groping? A little more info please.

---

An ex-gf's new guy and I became good friends. After 3 years they decided to marry. 2 weeks before the wedding he told me, "I don't know what I'm doing. (2 time loser) Talk me out of it!" I said, "Talk you out of it? I'm bringing my own shotgun!" He never had to worry about me being around her.

Nonsequitour

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Her mother was a cheating bitch!!

5* for telling her father about it

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

One of those children you have to like.

AllNigherAllNigher3 months ago

Ok. But

"""

"How can I trust that you won't go back to your pussy hound ways?"

To which Chris responded "How can I trust that you won't turn into your mother?"

He had me there. At some point you have to trust your partner.

"""

The advice is bs. There's no comparison. He was a womanizer who was ok with sleeping with married and committed women, even going after them. It's fine to think he can get past it, but asking that is NOT the same as asking if you'll act like your mother. He has no reason to think she was ever like that. We know he was. Her question is legit, and his answer ignores that validity. It's sad to think a woman would find that answer to be a reasonable response.

Also, why don't people realize cell phones can be ignored and even blocked. Why turn your phone off and buy a new minute-by-minute plan abd phone? Only reason is if you thought they'd be taking your phone, which is not the case here.

LanmandragonLanmandragon2 months ago

Very interesting plot! Please look up the difference between commiserate and commensurate.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...