Formidable Obstacles to Overcome

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes you should. I plan on joining you in Denver as soon as I get things wrapped up here. I told my mom I was moving, but not to where."

"If I was to go shopping for a ring, what size should I be looking for?"

"Six. Nothing extravagant. Keep it under a million."

"I'll get you a promise ring and then we can go shopping for matching rings."

"Deal!"

Every day that went by, without hearing from my parents, was driving me crazy. When Saturday came, and I had heard nothing, I called my dad.

"Hey dad. Has mom talked with you?"

"Talked with me? About what?"

That bitch! Putting this shit on me might permanently damage our relationship.

"Are you going to be around today? I'll drive over."

"No, out of the blue Mary decided we needed to get away for a few days."

"When are you coming home?"

"Not sure. We rented a motorhome. Not my kind of living, but it's okay I guess. What was your mother supposed to tell me?"

Well now what do I do?

"She was supposed to tell you that I'm moving away and her big big big big secret. Call me when you know. I love you daddy. Bye."

I didn't give him time to respond. Knowing that return calls were likely to start, I powered my phone off. It was killing me not being able to talk to Chris so I drove to Walmart and picked up a cheap disposable phone. Once activated, I called Chris. He didn't answer so I left a message. He called back right away.

"Hey babe, what's with the new phone number>"

"I've got my old one powered off and I needed to talk to you. My mom took daddy on a road trip and hasn't told him yet. I told him I was moving and that mom had something very important to tell him."

"I'm so sorry Loralyn. Now what?"

"The movers show up on Tuesday and I fly out Wednesday morning. I get in around noon. Can you pick me up?"

"If I can't, I'll send a limo to fetch you."

"Well aren't you romantic?"

"Yes, that's me. As a new guy in the office, things aren't under my control. I'll try to get there but if not, the limo will drop you off at my office building."

(*) (*)

Daddy didn't blame me. It broke my heart to hear the pain in his voice. Mom had admitted to finding a young stud to have sex with and that stud turned out to be Chris. She admitted to seeing Chris three times. Her story matched what Chris had told me.

I apologized to my dad but told him that I was still going to marry Chris. He said he understood.

When I asked if he knew what he was going to do, he declined to answer. I hope I'm never in a position like that.

The limo picked me up at the airport, with flowers and chocolates for me. Our reunion lasted until dawn. How Chris got anything done that day at work is beyond me. Perhaps he's built up some stamina being a personal trainer.

We went shopping for rings, and I'm proudly wearing my engagement ring. A huge downside to having estranged parents is that I had to plan my own wedding, and pay for it too.

It didn't take long to find a job commiserate to what I'd left behind. Since all of my family and friends, and most of Chris' too, lived in our hometown we set the wedding up to be held there.

(*) (*)

Epilogue:

Let me warn you that having a cheating wife and her cuckolded husband giving the bride away to his wife's lover is quite awkward. But we pulled it off. Not surprising, my parents made an early exit from the reception. They left before the dancing started, so I'll never have a bride with father dance. I'm good with that. That also meant that Chris didn't get the groom with mother-in-law dance. I'm really really good with that. He's mine now.

I don't know if Chris picked up on it, but very few of my parent's friends had been invited.

Daddy is fishing by himself a lot now. He's taken a few lengthy motorhome trips. Mom and I have a big chasm in our relationship.

Chris and I are wearing out the box springs on our bed. Ladies, having a lover with a lot of practice is a real plus. I do whatever he wants, as long as it's just the two of us.

Some nights I get my yoga mat out and sit there naked. Chris knows he's getting lucky as soon as he walks in the door.

12