All Comments on 'Found in the Woods'

by BarryJames1952

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm a man, but this one put tear in my eyes. If that counts in rating the story it is a 10!

A guest at this site.

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112over 1 year ago

Wonderful with only a tiny bit of necessary drama. 5 Stars!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Hi, BarryJames, great to see a new story from you and one that was so touching. Loved Velcro's part in connecting the two and how things played out between them. The issue with Maggie was a surprise but was handled well. Great job, 5*.

Wildbill314Wildbill314over 1 year ago

A great story…but maybe just a wee bit too sweet

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

That's really sweet - I love a happy ending and this couldn't have been happier.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wished I could give it more than just five stars. Loved it.

WilCox49WilCox49over 1 year ago

Um. It's kind of hard to miss the difference between tomcats and she-cats, once they're no longer young kittens. OK, I guess Ryan really is a dog person.

WilCox49WilCox49over 1 year ago

Agreed with Boyd. What a GREAT story! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Now that, is what a love story or romantic story is all about.

Mores the pitty, that we don't see more stories like this on

Literotica.

Unless of course, I've totally been missing other stories like this one.

Anyway, congratulations to the author. Please, keep on writing more stories like this one.

From a 75 year-old hetro male that still believes in romance, as does my wife.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Dang that was a beautiful story. Very, very well done! Thank you. 5 BIG ASS BRIGHT TWINKLING STARS!

dikupinyadikupinyaover 1 year ago
wow!!

such a heart warming story! I laughed and cried and felt the Love at the end. Excellent job! keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the few stories where people of faith are just that.

Not put down or even lifted above where they should be.

The cancer was an interesting twist.

Doesn't matter whether it's a probability or not.

A great yarn.

Cheers

TexdomTexdomover 1 year ago

Most awesome!!!!

KinPAKinPAover 1 year ago

Hallmark should option this for a movie…it really was amazing and a superb it of storycraft.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a joyful read. Thanks for sharing!

DP

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As a rape survivor myself, a little pre-story warning would be welcome.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 1 year ago

An amazing story. I can't believe anyone would complain about the religious aspects, let alone drop their rating. The religious aspects were peripheral to the story. I cried reading the last two pages. 5 humongous stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Here’s how good a story teller BJ52 is: I could pretty much predict the plot…even Tad’s appearance…and i still loved reading the story. I think that I’ve read all of BJ52’s stories, so I wasn’t surprised by the religion angle. For me, it is like describing a MC as being blonde..it’s what the author wants and it doesn’t matter to me, there are certainly blondes in the world. I don’t think that this is the author’s best work, but it’s still better than most of what appears on the site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is truly amazingly beautiful!!!

teedeedubteedeedubover 1 year ago

Anther great one. Not used to having religion like this but it works. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I loved the story, well written. This is the first of your stories I've read, and will be reading more soon. The ending really came as a surprise. You tied everything up very well.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

I do wish that the world worked as well in reality as it does in fictional tales. Aside from a slight concussion, nothing bad happened to anyone: a perfect woman appears to alleviate our hero's despondence and the villain conveniently falls on the fireplace poker. (We never did find out how Tad got out of jail so soon.) Evil cheating wife turns out to be the victim of weird cancer, but first she deposits an absolutely perfect child. I thought that Velcro was going to disappear into the supernatural world she came from to bring Sandy and Ryan together and then save them both from Tad, but the author resisted that nonsensical plot ploy, thank goodness. 4* for a good read.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

I was really enjoying the story at the end of the third page and figured it was over, then I saw there were two more pages. What was there still to write about after such a wonderful story so far? Glad I continued because it only added to an already great story. I think the minuscule bit of religion in the story was a plus and made it seem more real, at least for me. Sorry I can only give it five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well told. A delight.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

This is a very good story! I'm glad you didn't go overboard on the whole "guilt because bad guy died", And you handled the things with the ex reasonably well. I still blame her for hurting him - the tumor may have affected the libido. but not the part where she should have cared about hurting the man she supposedly loved. But he got a good ending, so I won't complain too much about that.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

Good story, but I find myself in total agreement with @OverCritical, lots of convenient details at convenient times, I also find it very odd that the two principals living isolated and alone in rural Pennsylvania wouldn’t have a gun somewhere in the house for protection, I understand not everyone in the US owns a gun, but given that she’s a prior victim of violence, those are the exact circumstances in which people do own one, even here in the U.K. they’d likely have a shotgun.

Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

Bebop3Bebop3over 1 year ago

Lovely story with a potent kick to the feels.

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Thought this was an excellent romance with enough tragedies to keep it moving without being bland but without too many.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[14.01.23]

Beautiful story Beautifully written!

11/10!!!!!

caryzfieldcaryzfieldabout 1 year ago
Wonderful

This is the best written story I have read so far. Please make a sequel.

XluckyleeXluckylee11 months ago

Wonderful story. Keep writing these stories and I will keep reading them. 5 stars from me.

Starwolf1961Starwolf19619 months ago

Loved it! The ex old football coach cried like a baby. That's how I know you do good work. KUDOS!

woodrangewoodrange5 months ago

interesting. respect, honor, faith, love, honesty..these ingredients make your storys shine.

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang19553 months ago

You lost me giving credence to a fake government epidemic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

This story is a kinder and gentler variation of 'a Wedding to Remember'. It might be a Hallmark or Lifetime Special. Nice wholesome writing. (Refreshing)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBarryJames1952@BarryJames1952
I'm an old romantic who is completely in love with my wife. I find reading romances and thinking about romances keeps me focused on how great she is and how much I love her. I am also a man of faith and my writing will reflect that. Yes, Christians like sex too! Often the rom...

SIMILAR Stories