All Comments on 'Four Minutes Thirty Seconds'

by Tomh1966

Sort by:
  • 166 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 1 year ago

Very good. It seems we need to change the divorce laws and make adultery a punishable crime again. A one time slip just costs you money and public humiliation, but for serial cheaters/predators I have no problem with maiming, or execution.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlungerabout 1 year ago

Well done, a very different version, and thank god Marc is dead, the asshole.

Thanks

JensensloverJensensloverabout 1 year ago

ENOUGH already, it wasn't the great story you all seem to think it was, none of the follow ups are good either. 1*

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedabout 1 year ago

As much as I have tired of reading versions of this sad tale, I respect a writer that came up with some thing new that is at least a plausible possibility. 4 stars

Daggy1965Daggy1965about 1 year ago

Good story. One of the better versions.

matuateneiramatuateneiraabout 1 year ago

A brilliant effort. This seems to be a completely new twist to the story, and to me totally credible, although very much over the top. I can believe that it is possible that somebody, who has had their marriage destroyed, could take such extreme action. I know looking back on my own life that I have responded to marriage crises in a less that rational way. The actions here are over the top but still seem very credible to me, and also satisfy me because Jim retaliates against Marc in an effective way.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 1 year ago

That was an interesting variation of the February Sucks story. It seemed that there were two plots. One involving men who wanted Mac to succeed as a star footballer at any cost. And the other involving men who Marc really, really shouldn't have antagonised.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

That was really clever! 5*

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 1 year ago

Very different. Well written unique 5 stars

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

The shortest, and without a doubt, the best follow on to Feb Sucks. You got everything that I’ve been wanting in this story. The inclusion of Jim and Linda was genius. For me, this was a walk off home run, buzzer beater, and mike drop all in one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thanks for sharing...

Nicely done 4* :)

PowersworderPowersworderabout 1 year ago

Very creative, well done.

KusunaKusunaabout 1 year ago

I really like it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Original story was novel but has been way overdone.

Compared to WWWM by DQS... (that was a masterpiece) - FS was good as it obviously triggered many nerves but tbh, undeserving of the many imitators. TC Ireland.

mattenwmattenwabout 1 year ago

Bravo, that was one of the best additions to this story for me. I liked that very much! 5*!

SunnyU2SunnyU2about 1 year ago

Liked it more than I thought I would.

hankmbb1017hankmbb1017about 1 year ago

Different but much more satisfying than many other versions of the story!

demanderdemanderabout 1 year ago

Nice. Very difficult to shoot like that, though. Musta practiced a lot. D

littleone35littleone35about 1 year ago

Good take enjoyed it thanks

FireFox59FireFox59about 1 year ago

Very well done with a great new angle. You've definitely redeemed yourself. Looking forward to more from you.

DoNotPassGoDoNotPassGoabout 1 year ago

Nice take on the familiar tale. Five for you.

WellplayedsirWellplayedsirabout 1 year ago

One of the best follow ups.

Pssst Glocks don't have Safety's

SkubabillSkubabillabout 1 year ago

A very good new twist to a still not-tired story. Well done, keep writing.

SDN1955SDN1955about 1 year ago

Good take on the original.

Pinto931Pinto931about 1 year ago

Nice twist on a very overrated story.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 1 year ago
Interesting Take on the Predator

Didn’t see the twist at the end coming; clever. Amazing how many different takes on GA’s story. I liked this one.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 1 year ago

Love this one! Simply well done!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

Yes! Yes! That's 5*****! That ending is what life is supposed to be - Good men taking care of a good man. Excellent story all the way.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyabout 1 year ago

With quality stories like this one, I never get tired of “February Sucks” tributes. Thanks!

LWLover60LWLover60about 1 year ago

Great take! That said a technical point: Glocks don't have safeties. They have a blade that protrudes from the trigger that prevents the gun from firing unless it's depressed. There is no safety to "take off". There are similar pistols, like the S&W M&P, that do, which is why I carry one of theirs and not the ubiquitous Glock.

ReddladyReddladyabout 1 year ago

Liked this one!!!!!

Joeyiluv69Joeyiluv69about 1 year ago

On of my favorite endings for this series. It would be interesting to read how he got back on track with his life and reconnected with his kids. And just had to say glocks don't have safeties.

RePhilRePhilabout 1 year ago

Did not see that one coming, brilliant!! Thanks for a great quick tale. 5&FAV

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 1 year ago

I liked this version a lot. Marc gets what he deserves, and the hero is taken care of by other victims. Great job! 5 stars.

JH4FunJH4Funabout 1 year ago
Excellent Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐

This one is an Excellent Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐ well worth the rating. It does have a sad part to it. I guess now that Marc has been killed again there will be no more sequels. To me that is just not right, I enjoy all the variations people come up with to GAs tale.

This is one of the better ones and it was unique in every aspect. I like the fact that doing the crime had its consequences and the protagonist knew ahead of time what he was doing and decided to move forward with his plan. The twist at the end made it even better.

I do hope you continue to write the excellent tales.

Sidebar if you want to know my scoring system look at my profile page.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

MigbirdMigbirdabout 1 year ago

Arguably the best of the alternative endings, but that is faint praise as vast majority are pathetic ramblings. With the exception of the primal alpha male diatribe, this piece was a fun read — humorous, even pithy, well paced. Hope you continue to share though LW is a minefield.

xtc5xtc5about 1 year ago

Nice take on this story IMHO.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

Nice twist. But the whole alpha primal bullshit is just that. Reducing the behavior of average adults to biological instinct based upon dominance is asinine and more than a little patronizing. Some women would probably humiliate and disrespect their husband in such a manner but they would be by no means well adjusted or even the norm. A person like that has a personality disorder and terrible impulse control. Even in a "happy" marriage where a spouse cheats, there is always some pre existing evidence of selfishness and lack of respect because cheating is the ultimate act of both. In the latter, the wife is more apt to get Marc's phone number and try to meet with him in secret. In that case, the only way the wife manages to keep it together is if she is able to compartmentalize. Many would believe there is a power imbalance in her favor which would ultimately destroy the marriage anyway because she lost all respect for her husband. Secret affairs get found because of that reason. They don't due to the former. That's it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

First, unlike so many others, I look forward to Feb Sux followups,. Sue me. This one was four stars quality. However, I was puzzled by the prosecutor angle. No explanation there, although one might be implied.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Now that is thinking outside the box!! Great beginning for you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good! A unique angle for that story! 5*

amygdalaamygdalaabout 1 year ago

4 out of 5 stars, i find it very hard to believe you can shoot off a dudes dick and balls without having him physically restrained.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hated the original and most of the rewrites where Jim is weak, unable to stand up for himself and kick Linda's cheating skank ass to the curb. Love this one. Short to the point with both Marc and slut wife getting some justice. Only wonder is if Linda really learned a brief but important lesson or just put off cheating on Jim. I'll assume the former.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Oh yeah, we'll pay this one!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

"I drove by using a friend's car" - Why a friend's car? It's not like they'd recognize his.

\

@Jensenslover, it's not so much that it was such a great story, as that the premise, of a faithful wife walking away from her husband to sleep with a celebrity, rubbed many the wrong way, and they wanted to treat it as they wanted to do it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I liked this version, I did but Glocks do not have an external safety….

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The prosecutor should have declined to prosecute him because he had been unlawfully detained by the police. The police should have put in prison, along with everyone else, and a massive lawsuit by the husbands against the government!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Of all the 2 million versions of this classic I like this one the best. Just an average guy with supreme justice. I think this would make Saddle Tramp proud. Thanks for sharing. AA

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 1 year ago

It was a decent spin-off of GA's FS.

It always feels good something bad happens to Marc.

Nice job Tomh1966.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

wonderful followup story.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 1 year ago

Well, a tangent from the original story that I didn't expect. Very interesting. Thank you. Cheers.

Tex_Ex_MilTex_Ex_Milabout 1 year ago

Incredibly original twist to a very old story! Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You know….I liked that. A lot. Just when you think there could not be yet ANOTHER variation of this story….

.

5 ****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Now that's originality for you! Bravo! This is the best take on GA's story I have come across yet. Hats off to a really creative thinker. It goes without saying 5 mega stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of the best yet! Thank you, another 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

excellent ending best i have read yet

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Far better written than the original...plotting, character development, and execution. Fine job 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great finish.

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 1 year ago

One of the better versions to be sure, though only one mistake. Linda's narcissism and arrogance would have eventually came to light. One way or another.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I get it.. I totally do.. but I can't help but think if the wive's weren't undercover cum sluts, they would've EASILY told Marc to go fuck him self🤔.. no wife who truly loves their mate would disrespect them like this.. they wouldn't sneak out through the backdoor to bang some strange guy, that made their twat twitch.. if we take out the sex, the sneaking out ALONE is enough.. it's shows the sheer disrespect, contempt and lack of love.. if it wasn't Marc it would've been someone else🤷🏾‍♀️.. the fact that these women didn't hesitate to dump their husband's, without a thought to them, their marriage, their kids, their life together, their dreams.. NONE of that mattered to these women.. so why should it matter to the humiliated disrespected husband's?.. is one spouse supposed to care more about the marriage than the other? Is one spouse supposed to be fighting for the marriage, while the other just explosively shits on it?.. how would that work exactly?🧐🤔.. we can't just blame Mark unfortunately 🤷🏾‍♀️.. he didn't force these women at gunpoint, he didn't drug them.. they WILLINGLY and EAGERLY left with him..why would Mark give a fuck about y'all marriage, when the person of the other half of the marriage doesn't give a fuck?😂😂😂🤭.. he owe's you NOTHING🤌🏾.. it's the cum slut that made vows and promises to you.. Mark or any other man shouldn't of been able to get between her legs... marrying young means nothing🙄.. she's MARRIED.. that is all that fucking matters.. fuck all that other mush mouth shit.. if she wanted to fuck other's, ask for a divorce... periodT 🙃.. it's better than sneaking out the back, while your poor stupid husband is waiting for you at the table for y'all ANNIVERSARY 🙌🏾.. of course divorce is the only option.. how would you get passed such a huge FUCK YOU, FUCK OUR MARRIAGE, FUCK THE VOWS, FUCK THE KIDS, FUCK THE PLANS WE'VE MADE, FUCK THE DREAMS WE HAD, FUCK YOUR FEELING'S?.. that is what her actions said. I don't want to hear we married young, she was my first or I was her first.. that's not an excuse.. marriage vows are marriage vows.. They're more than just words.. if you don't mean them or don't understand them, don't say them.. I just don't think the tramp was worth 8yrs of his life in prison.. 8yrs of not seeing his kids grow up, 8yrs of not seeing his kids everyday.. that's what he should've been focused on, his 2 kids.. it should've been fuck her and Mark, it's all about my kids and getting on with my life...I wouldn't of wasted another second on that whore or on Mark..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I'll just chime in as the Alpha Male Who Gets Any Woman He Wants trope is just statistically impossible and was way old before George Anderson was born. I get it: It's just a story. But stories that evoke "Yeah, that happened" are not really good stories. There's a whole subreddit for ThatHappened that would be funny if those stories weren't told for true, so it's actually sad.

What works, I think, is a player playing the odds. Did you know that there's no such thing as "grooming" in real life? That what we think is "grooming" is actually more appropriately called "culling". The predator is looking for someone they can succeed with. And that's the story with this guy's wife and with Linda, as other finishers have correctly pointed out. The woman who was always willing to cheat if the right guy said the right thing is the problem. Their spouses chose poorly.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 year ago

One of the better ones but the guy's wife walked without a scratch. That is just not right. He went to prison and she got remarried? Fuck that.

jesemmojesemmoabout 1 year ago

There a quite a few versions of "February Sucks" but this one brings a good end to the series. Marc got what he deserved and the beast is gone. 5

OilcanjonOilcanjonabout 1 year ago

Enjoyed the story well enough until he clicked the safety off on the Glock.

Rocky62Rocky62about 1 year ago

Well done, maybe someone will bind Mr football, and dip his jewels in parahna or fire ants… you know something all Vincent Priceish in Dr Phibes

Nothingman83Nothingman83about 1 year ago

REALLY GOOD! I have no problem with the safety coming off on the Glock. Can't pull the trigger if it isn't. Shooting off Asslip's dick and balls was almost biblical retribution, you know an eye for an eye and a dick for a marriage. I understand shooting him in the ankles, but I personally would have shot him in the knee, but I can be somewhat vicious at times, probably because, according to 23 & Me, I have more Neanderthal DNA than 87% of the population. By the way, I would have used a .45. Really good. 5 Stars.

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 1 year ago

5* Among the best of the February alternate stories. Stay away from that 9mm caliber stuff. 45 cal all the way!

JeffTomJeffTomabout 1 year ago

I liked this ending. Thank You for writing it.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 1 year ago

Something new. I liked it. Thanks.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoabout 1 year ago

Interesting concept, thanks

tangledweedtangledweedabout 1 year ago

I am still patiently waiting for someone to shoot the bull character's dick off with a gun that shoots fire ant rounds, to ensure total urethra devastation.

sdc97230sdc97230about 1 year ago
I'm no firearms expert, but...

I did a bit a research a while back while editing someone's story. Glocks have an automatic safety system linked to their triggers and don't have manually operated safety mechanisms.

Pappy7Pappy7about 1 year ago

Good story. And not everyone knows about Glocks. I does have a safety built into the trigger so I guess, technically, he could have squeezed the trigger enough to disengage the safety part. But if the guy is bigger than you and stronger than you you can still get him on an equal standing. Like one of the authors on here said in a story. About fights, use weapons, fists are for hospital patients.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The original was bad. All the sequels and reboots are bad. This one is bad too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I’ve giving this 5 stars, it made up for the splashdown series you didn’t right, I liked this one a lot

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
One Of The More Original And Enjoyable Variations.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is something I would expect would have happened to Marc by the 10th or 11th victim not the 500th. Rifle would work and leave less for the authorities. A friend of mine had a cheating wife, he divorced, judge gave her everything.

So he quit his job, left the state, lived in his truck, worked for cash and she never saw a penny

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Remember, in his intro to the original GA told us that at a business dinner that 10 out of 10 married women at the dinner said they would slut themselves out to a celebrity even in front of their husbands and if the husband complained would tell her husband basically to suck it up.

When she came back, I would be gone. The note would save that trust is gone, respect is gone - you are just a slut and I don't have anything in the tank for a slut. If I wanted, I would sue for custody, but probably would just be gone. Of course if Marc was killed in a hunting accident by a stray rifle round from 100 yards away, I would only be one of five hundred or so suspects.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really good way to treat the asshole and each and every whore that went with him. No sympathy for any of them.

I still think he served 5 years and 6 months to long. Should have been classified as a public service. Removing a rabid dog from infecting any one else. Oh well, that the "JUSTICE" hahahahahahaha system for you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story...Glock handgun calibers are...22LR, 380, 9mm, 10mm, 45 auto, 45GAP and 357 SIG. Marc was shot 7 times in the genitals and 1 time in the ankle, I can't imagine it, but it is just a story...a really good story tho. Also you can't click a safety off on a glock, the safety is a two part trigger...sorry I'm just rambling now. Thanks gor a great story!!! (except for the Glock) lol...bjh

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Interesting perspective.

Well done.

Just when I think I've read nearly every possible variant, some smart-alec comes up with something clever. I'm gladci checked this one.

-jog

Hiram325Hiram325about 1 year ago

One of the best February stories. Well done, five stars and a follow.

Frank66Frank66about 1 year ago

Well, aint that somethin'. According to this writer, there's 500 Linda's out there, all lusting after alpha males, wrecking homes and lives, in search of that one perfect night. Scary....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well bloody done.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

I do love a happy ending and this shows originality but the Glock safety again? I think I just figured it out. ALL you authors are just fucking with us by talking about a safety on a gun that does not have a safety to "take off". I say this because every one of you fuckers makes the same "mistake". From now on, every story that mentions a Glock safety is a one star story just for being sloppy in your research or for fucking with us. Whichever it is. Was going to be a five.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Glocks do not have a safety other than the trigger bar which rotates freeing the trigger when your finger pulls it. There's nothing to take off as you said

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

His kids will want to see him again. His ex wife may never want to see him again, pine for him, or oscillate between the two all the time. All options are amusing though. I can't imagine her new marriage is great considering the revenge porn websites.

After all, he's only guilty of being a man that fights for his family. Hard to hate a man like that, even if he crippled some star athlete. He may see himself as a beta, and marc as an alpha....but he's still alive and able to bed women. marc committed suicide because a beta stood up to him. Marc had alpha genes, but a beta spirit. The husband had an alpha spirit...all animals get older and more feeble. But always beware the wolf that has no more fucks to give.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 1 year ago

It's ok but I've never been able to buy the premise that most women are as pathetic as Linda or that super lotharios have power to mind control adult human females.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Finally, a good story. Now please stop with this February Sucks bullshit!

GrandPaMGrandPaMabout 1 year ago

Ok, that one satisfies the raging best.

(Steps back...yells)HEY ALL YOU OTGER WRITERS OUT THERE; I'M OFFICIALLY DONE WITH MARC LAVALIER STORIES OR THEIR CLONES!!

(stops shouting)

-GrandPaM

OOAAOOAAabout 1 year ago

Very good alernate what if ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Unlike many who complain, I look forward to new variants on Feb Sux, just to see the new treatments. This was a solid four stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I loved it. Finally Marc got his proper ending, in front of a crowd with the cameras rolling. Thank you for giving us a proper ending for this series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Guess what all you Glock know-it-alls; a manual safety can be easily added to the Glock for about $100 or a bit more. Don't judge the author's presentation until you have done your research. Maybe you guys should spend a bit of time reading Guns and Ammo ads. To the author: great story! Thanks for contributing it and looking forward to reading more from you! You nicely managed a fresh look at GA's story! 5 stars.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 1 year ago

This is a great addition to the "Feb Sucks" canon... one if the best that I've seen !

It's different, creative, and although the very end of the story seems a bit 'light', overall this gets bedt numbers for creativity, a new & clever approach, and all in a succinct and very readable manner.

5, of course, along with a "well done " !

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTomh1966@Tomh1966
Note that I am rarely on Saturday and Sunday which can cause delays in... well anything to do with this site. Currently working on Fixing the past 5. Stuck majorly. Heartbreak and Hope 6, 7 8 and 9. 6 and 7 are 90 % done. 8 and 9 will move the story well into their year. ...