All Comments on 'Four Year Itch'

by demander

Sort by:
  • 247 Comments (Page 2)
iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

That was literally the longest cliche I have ever read on LW.

yes the knuckle draggers will wet themselves over what a "man" he was, but she was written in the LW mold of the total moron wife, who didnt want a divorce but still went and fucked the guy.

C'mon kids, this was as empty as a MAGA cultists head is. I would have given it a 3 at least if he just went on with his life and she lived with being an idiot, but going through with the sex romp and *drum roll please* the sex being no better than with her husband? As dumb as it comes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

you really need to work on your character development

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Flat, unemotional tale. Not bad, but nothing spectacular.

skruff101skruff101over 2 years ago

This was more like a synopsis than a real story.

They say brevity is the soul of wit but me thinks this went too far to prove that right.

More like CliftNotes on the destruction of a marriage, just enough description to call it a story but nothing in the way of an emotional connection to route for one side or the other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Amateurish. Could have fleshed out the characters a bit more. Bill could have expressed his thoughts to her and still walked out on her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A decent effort, bu weak characters make for a weak story. They were both pretty stupid and naive. Married too quickly, didn't really know their spouse's inner character, values, strengths and weaknesses. Joan was already fucking Jake in her head and her heart before she asked for physical permission, which is what sent Bill packing. Bill lacked the commitment and the patience to give Joan a chance to rehabilitate herself and demonstrate her contrition. Yes Joan was flawed, but there is no guarantee that the next wife will be any better. Joan could have cheated and Bill probably would have never known. Intelligent partners communicate, negotiate, and face marital issues as a team, even if the issue is how to divorce peacefully and reasonably.

So it was a decent story with a reasonable plot and outcome. There could even be an interesting sequel of Joan and Bill reconnecting after they have gained some maturity and experience. Just saying.

Thanks for the effort. And thanks for allowing anonymous comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Biggest load of crap on here. To think, some pathetic little twits think this is erotic. They jerk off thinking about doing something like this after their wives kicked them out. Total losers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There is absolutes zero new ideas here. This was taken out of the BTB playbook. What a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good report

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 2 years ago
Wrong!

No woman who steps out has regrets. It's not about how much better the other guy was but how being asked made her feel wanted again. She missed the single life and the attention. Usually, because her hubby was boring in and out of bed.

No woman just goes with some guy unless there are issues at home.

But I know... LW... slut rays and all. LOL

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 2 years ago
Narration

Except for three places in the story, the characters’ communication is handled by narration (the author telling We-The-Readers the gist of what the characters said (or intended to say!) That is, in large part, why this tale is so dry and cold! Gets the story through faster, but sucks all the life out of it. Hard to imagine an educated woman, married to the man she loves, falling for a line WTRs get TOLD was compelling, but without the benefit of US hearing a master cocksman convince Sweetie! Kinda like being TOLD how good the Key Lime pie was without getting to taste it ourselves!

3* Just hard to give much of a shit about people you know so little about, & so indirectly

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, well told. I feel it needed more story but thats my personal thought.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

Direct, no bs. good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Again a story that lacks emotion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It reads like a story outline and needs more character development in places. Describing someones measurements and appearance in one go is not character development.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice but sort of needed more at the end I thought. Then maybe was so good just wanted more.

MonsieurXMonsieurXover 2 years ago

Hate stories where the husband can think of nothing but running away. Weak.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@LenardSpencer Disagree with that. 3rd person can be used to express internal thoughts and emotions. 1st person POV though can very easily go bad. It's worse when the writer keeps changing perspective just to convey every character's thoughts.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

I read it again today.

Joan was one stupid woman.

Instead of looking for her husband.

Went instead and had sex with the another guy.

And liked it. Though the story didn't say

but Joan must have shacked up with Jake multiple times since there was no action from Bill for one year.

But Joan couldn't pin Jake down even after they were already divorced from their SO and single.

Jake simply dumped her. So she's instead going to singles' bar.

Stupid woman.

chytownchytownover 2 years ago

***Nice read. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Dr beulahthebrit; Total BTB crap, it was perfectly OK for him to have had plenty of previous lovers, but just because she wants to try one different cock, he throws a wobbler. She's a lawyer, he clears drains, so who's got the brains, let the wanker go and enjoy yourself. Only one star, simply because zero stars isn't an option.

Po8pPo8pover 2 years ago

Bitch, this is not how life works! Try something different

DoNotPassGoDoNotPassGoover 2 years ago

Nice read but try to improve more on your writing style. Too much like an outline because of its staccato style.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nothing. Not a story, but a stripped down skeleton plot of a standard BTB. I suppose it'll satisfy those who need their revenge hit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story, Bill is no cuckold! I have seen guys like Jake all my working life who hit on married women at work. Unfortunately some of them have been stupid and cheated on their husbands who also work at the same plant. My buddies and I always walk by their former wives at coffee break and cough “slut”! That is what these former wives are because they are now single and fuck anyone who asks them. I feel sorry for their husbands who wasted so many good years of their lives on the sluts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A bit 'paint by nimbers' but it was a good picture and well executed.

☆☆☆☆

Racerman1969gsRacerman1969gsover 2 years ago

He did exactly what any husband should do.

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Man has to do what a man has to do. You have submitted a lot of work lately, might try for a bit more character development - but don’t go overboard with it. Looking forward to seeing more of your submissions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@Bh76, MonsieurX, Why get married if one won't strive to be a perfect partner?

Why can't we expect the other that tries to break the marriage themselves be the one that fight for it? Why must the wronged spouse handle that responsibility when they are innocent? Why must the 'Real Man' be the one fighting? Why can't the woman be the one fighting for her husband instead? If this wife wants to stay married, why did she goes through with the affair anyway?

This story is filled with clichés. But to bring the clichéd argument against the husband/man is worse. It screams preference and bias. demander did write the wife in the dumb but educated trope. But to take agency from the wife when she is the one with the offense is unfair to the man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Jesus, that was harsh.

So the message is, "Never discuss anything potentially volatile about how you feel or your partner may just up and leave and destroy your lives"? No wonder people don't share the shit that's in their head, their partner just might be that insecure, selfish and self-righteous. Only emotional compliance will be tolerated here. Sad.

perpusperpusover 2 years ago

*5

be quiet and fuck off....yeah

wonder203wonder203over 2 years ago

Too rushed, especially the ending.

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

When 3/4's of the past 24 hours comments are on incest, lesbian, and sci-fi stories you know the site is going to hell. Time to to spend more time on SOL.

tralan69ertralan69erover 2 years ago

Jake is the big piece of shit here, but you all whine about how Joan is a stupid slut.

If Jake would have respected her and her marriage it never would have happened.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

@Anonymous Re: @LeonardSpencer - Agreed, it's called "Third person omniscient." Also, even in 3rd person there should be dialog. Instead of "Jake made a proposal to Joan. The weekend before he left, they would go off to a lake resort, have three days of sex, and that would be it," say "Joan, I have an idea," Jake said. "The weekend before I leave, why don't we go off to a lake resort, have three days of sex, and that will be it. I have a wife and kid, and don't want to fuck things up either."

\

BTW, "well the guy is hot" - If the issue is "getting more experience," why does the guy have to be "hot?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Any original thoughts in your head? This story proves otherwise.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 2 years ago

Nice

Short and sweet. Very stupid cunt. She made her pitch, and he left. Excellent. Didn't need any more detal.

Five Stars

phill1cphill1cover 2 years ago

oh brother...she's a lawyer and her baby/husband plumber left her.

What WILL she do?

What a pussy!! "my wife is interested in someone other than me...must move away and divorce her!"

LOL

He should AT LEAST get a good creampie lick before he leaves town.

BrentJWBrentJWover 2 years ago

So many of the stories where the wife cheats the husband says if she had only discussed it with him before, they either could have worked it out or at least agreed to a reasonable split before she cheats. In this one she did exactly that and husband immediately walks out with no discussion and divorces her. This story could have been better had that discussion happened, maybe divorce was inevitable, but he came across as childish for not confronting her more. Certainly, there had to have been previous discussions about perceived class differences of a lawyer and a plumber and hopefully expectations of fidelity. Demander has shown promise as a writer, fleshing the stories out a little more would make them more credible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bolted is the right word? Does he think she would not be tempted? He does not own her and she does not owe him. She is good to be shed of him. What grounds does he have to sue the company? I don't see any. I just wonder about the fantasies these men have. Glad I skimmed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bill overreacted and clearly had no love for his wife if he was wiling to throw their marriage away without even talking things out over the possibility and question of Joan sleeping with another man. Had he told her no and she did it anyway then fine walk out of the marriage. But as soon as it's suggested and before she even does anything he just immediately quits? He's not even going to give her a chance? Dude should just marry a doormat then.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

NASA and NSA still haven't caught them durned Martians and put an end to their freakin' Slut Ray! Damn the gummint...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is not a story. It is a group of words outlining a story. It is poorly written and poorly executed. A totally emotionless group of words. The usual BTB crowd will love it, but there was nothing in here.... Terrible....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Some women are just to stupid to breathe. Women like this sit in bars and hang out with their friends and lament the lack of real men available. Well ladies here is a tip........There are plenty of men out there that want to have a life long relationship.

They just don't want someone like you to invest their efforts in.

Real men are looking for real women. It has nothing to do with looks, looks fade. It is what is inside of you that counts. If you feel you can't find the man your looking for. Then look at yourself first and make sure that what you have to offer is worth the effort and correct what you don't like. A man will give everything he is to make the right women happen. But, if you harbor thoughts that it is an unequal relationship where you get to do stupid shit and get taken back. Get a 2x4 and write "REALITY" on it and hit your self in the head.

This is not just a female issue either. Today's men are mostly lacking too. They need to know that a relationship is a two way street. One partner is not less equal than the other. It is two people "building" a life together.

Unfortunately in today's #METOO generation most of these boys don't have a clue what it means to be a man.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 2 years ago

His reaction seems abrupt, but I quite respect the fact he simply didn't fuck around after her dumbass request. He just immediately ghosted her, and move on. It would have been running away, if he wasn't right about her being untrustworthy now, but he was... and, therefore, made the right decision.

Nice to see the OM gets some payback for going after another man's wife - BTB of any sort if always appreciated.

A quick one. Not a great one. But a good nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The rapid pace, no extra B.S. writing style was refreshing!

The ending was a bit too simple, though, and could use a follow up to make it more memorable. Maybe her damage control effort, an attempt to reconnect or even groveling, but a bit more of a finish to the story. Please consider this. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@sbrooks103x exactly. Also, I've read too many pov changing 1st person that is flow disrupting.

-There's also the time when the writer describe event surrounding person B (eg work meeting at B's place), but from person A's pov that shouldn't have known what happen. To make it worse, person B already have their 1st-pov many times earlier.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 2 years ago

That was unusual.

An extreme answer to an extreme question.

I see nothing wrong with that,

even though we're used to stories

where the husband does every thing to change a slut's mind.

The reaction works for me.

Still, the story is very short.

Too little meat on the bones for top ratings.

4 out of 5 from me.

sf_operative63sf_operative63over 2 years ago

Good start..needs a little more meat...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

BTB for the slime who enjoy this crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Boilerplate plot; cardboard characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As I read this I kept thinking, "ok, at some point it's going to make a hard left turn" and the more I read the more the anticipation built up. This buildup of anticipation is the strength. The weakness is that the story just kept rolling along the path of a typical destination. Erotica is at its essence, fantasy. Sure, some people's reality is erotic, but people read erotica to indulge in their fantasies or explore the limits of what they can consider taboo but yet arousing. This story had some buildup potential but then it took the exit ramp to reality, and never looked back (much like Bill). You've got a good start here, so I wouldn't trash it prematurely (like Bill) but explore the possibilities. Joan just wanted to fool around and Bill left her. Joan went through with it and was disappointed. Lesson: Joan should not have indulged her desires/fantasies. If this is really the message you want to send, it's a condemnation of erotic fantasy and is an uncompelling attempt directed at the wrong audience. If you're really looking to write erotica, get back on the highway and see where your imagination takes you.

kencorokencoroover 2 years ago

What the hell are you guys talking about? Do you guys even know what btb or raac is?

No BtB here, just normal divorce. No one got burned. Normal consequences of cheating.

I keep seeing comments says 'btb' if the couple divorce and 'raac' if they did not.

Those terms have meaning to them, and now I'm sure most of you don't understand that.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

@kencoro, too many people call ANY reconciliation RAAC. To be a RAAC there has to be at least one of two elements. There may be others, but these are the two biggies for me. First, she can't simply cheat, there have to be aggravating factors. Maybe she does it with his brother or best friend. Maybe she rubs his face in it, tells him she's going out, doesn't come back that night, etc. Second, she never does anything to earn the reconciliation, She never says she's sorry, doesn't do anything, just comes back and he welcomes her home as if she's just been on a business trip or something.

1959richard21959richard2over 2 years ago

SO BORING❗

Some of the comments are more emotional and dramatic.

Did you purposely intend to write such a dry, mathematical story??

What🧐 are you thinking demander???

*

*

*

*

AMerryman

26thNCuck26thNCuckover 2 years ago
1 Star

Bad story. Just too Bad. You could easily flesh that out to three or four horrible pages of story. I gave it a *1 because I hated it, and even with it's brevity it's worse than 95% of the stories posted this week.

-26thNC

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
Liked the story, though poorly told.

Mechanically should get 3-stars. But liked it so much I give it 4-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

sad story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Of course 26thNCuck hated it. It wasn't a cuck story. The cuck only gives five star rating to garbage stories where the wife is turned into a slut/whore for others.

lbeachamlbeachamover 2 years ago

I read the alternate ending. I like the original better. Why? Because that's what I would have done. Scorched earth. During my 46 yr marriage on today, I would walk away if my wife cheated. Trust but verify kept me married.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Plot perfection. Why would a man spend any time trying to save a relationship with a woman who tried to turn him into a willing cuckold?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The story is actually rubbish. It has no depth it's the same storyline done to death by other authors. The whole story could have been written in one paragraph.

'Wife wants to cheat, husband runs away, divorce happens. End of story' This sums up this story.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

Yawn....Same story that's been told over and over except this one didn't even elaborate at all. Waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not much dialogue. Flat delivery.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Rescored for petty editing of comments.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 2 years ago

Short and sweet. Bottom line? You're married and bring up fucking around?

1) You better really know your spouse extremely well, because you have opened room for doubt. A doubt about your commitment.

Once you've brought that up, in the back of your spouse's you've already left the relationship.

2) Don't be surprised if it becomes the beginning of the end of your marriage.

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

That was quick and relatively painless...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Of the three endings, this is the only palatable one. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

How does she KNOW the sex would be spectacular (it wasn't), because Jake said so?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This guy is an immature, fragile little boy. His wife didn’t even DO anything. So HE’S never looked at another woman, fantasized about another woman? If he tries to present himself that way, he’s a liar. All he had to do was say No. Jerk.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 2 years ago

Bill made solid decisions, throughout. The problem, is that there’s no emotion. Think about it: he loved Joan so much, that her even considering a fling, devastated him. He severed contact and relocated from that pain. How did his pain just dissipate? Why did he wait a year to divorce her and file his lawsuit? It’s not consistent with the man who had his heart ripped out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Quick and well written. I liked it. 👍

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just dont wasteur time!!! Not worth it!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

EXACTLY what I would have done.

Hiram325Hiram325over 2 years ago

That's how you drop the hammer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another immature boy-man. Jeezus, try growing up. Married at 26 with the mentality of a 16 year old. This is why 18 year olds should not be permitted to marry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Liked the story to a point. She asked about the weekend with another man- bad on her part; shouldn’t have even considered up. He totally overreacted by upping & leaving, cutting communications without any discussion. So with the, she figured she’d nothing to lose. If he talked to her & heard what she said, they’d be together.

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Yep! I'd have done the same thing. What did she do? She did just what she said she wanted to do. Fucked another man! Some sick fucks out there think this kinda shit is okay. What kind of shit life is that?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sometimes silence is the harshest reply

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

revenge fairy tale for dudes who are scared of being cheated on. Not interesting or even remotely wankable. Why even write this?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Regarding the last comment, what revenge? He just left! I found it interesting and satisfying, if a bit terse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Short, sweet, & to the point. What he also should've told his mother when she asked about returning to Joan: she asked this time. If I went back, seeing the way I thought, next might be behind my back. How can I trust her. Lastly, I agree with another poster: sometimes silence is the harshest reply.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It will haunt you forever and will impact you for the rest your life, even if you remarry

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

0 star - lame crap

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What an shithead. Just say no, ya pansy. Instead he abandons her with no contact. She should have fucked jake after that. Do you numb nuts not have desires that you don’t act on?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That’s because you are a pathetic loser, randog. Just say no to her. People find others attractive. He abandoned her because he is a useless and fragile dumbass. Just say no to her

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Jake had a series of problems when he returned home.

First off he was demoted as the story said and his wife applied for divorce BEFORE the demotion and so he was stuck with heavy alimony AND child support at the pre-demotion level of income. He ended up living in a rat infested apartment and paid out 75% of his income to his ex-wife.

This was not the end of his problems though. One night as he was leaving a dive bar he was mugged and hospitalised. He spent 2 weeks in hospital and when he returned to work he was not the cocky brash fellow he had been.

7 months later he was again mugged and hospitalised but this time his injuries were more extreme. After he returned to work he was skittish and easily spooked, not a good thing for a lawyer. But the company kept him on.

4 months later he was mugged again and this time he did not return to work as he was now so scared to walk the streets that he became a recluse.

Each time Jake was beaten Bill was questioned but had an alibi as his friends covered for him at work as he went to Jakes home town and dispensed justice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He’d be a pathetic loser if he stayed with her. Just say no? What would that accomplish? She says she wouldn’t but how the hell would he know or ever trust her without monitoring her? GPS anklet bracelet is called for. I the other hand he could have countered with proposing an open marriage. He’d get a “fling” or two himself. See how she’d react to that proposal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If she loved her husband, she wouldn't have asked for that stupid shit. He had the whore followed and knew she went with that asshole, even though she said she didn't. She's a dumb whore, and he could never trust her...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 stars for Bill who acted like a man!!!

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

Nicely organized and written. Good concise read. BTRH

OnethirdOnethirdabout 2 years ago

Excellent short story and great ending. We were spared 10 pages of recriminations. I am guessing the former wife had her teachable moment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That's how you handle that situation. Bravo!

pummel187pummel187about 2 years ago

That's how you do it gentlemen..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Suing a bunch of lawyers? For what? That lawsuit would have gone nowhere. Because of a single conversation, this husband character abandoned his wife and hid from her. Is hubby THAT insecure? It's a weak plot premise. The characters should behave like adults.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Definitively no one with bit of self esteem would start a monogamous life risking a long term future with a moron like his wife. Great he got out before they had kids.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So someone wrong he was insecure. Errrrr, his wife made him insecure or rather made him unable to trust her. Look what she did slept with some one and quickly. This proves she was going to do it, as at this time she was till married. She just proved the point why he did not trust her. As they say a man knows his wife and a wife knows her husband. Or should do. In this case, I would say the husband and I will use the word had insecurities about his wife, then when she raised it, the husband knew and that is why he did a runner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When you ask your spouse if it's OK to fuck someone else, it means your spouse isn't doing it for you. Irreparable harm is done to the marriage. Only stupid people would ask that question.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 1 year ago

If you are taking on characters then it should be obvious to you that the author has no idea how a real marriage works. This is his idea about BTB and it looks juvenile without any original thought.

2 stars only because finally some real job (plumber) after all fancy and fantasy jobs usually used on LW.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous